Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

>>>Yehey, Natapos ko na GH Series, Ganda talaga... kelan kaya ang Archangel's Blade maglabas... sana about Raphael and Elena parin... :excited:

>>>Still Recommending Nightwalker Series:salute: sa mga hindi pa nakabasa... Maganda, may demons(not evil), vampires, lycans, shadowdwellers, at iba pa... maganda ang combination nila... one of my fav series.:thumbsup:

Synopsis ng JACOB (First Book of Nightwalker Series)
"Since time began, there have been Nightwalkers - the races of the night who live in the shadows of the moonlight. Love with humans is absolutely forbidden, and one man makes certain to uphold this ancient law: Jacob, the Enforcer...FOR 700 YEARS, HE HAS RESISTED TEMPTATION.
BUT NOT TONIGHT..."

>>>Currently reading When Beauty Tamed The Beast ni Eloisa James, kahit di ko pa natapos, maganda nga... 4.8/5 ang rating ko... :praise:

Last edited:

@zelle1016

Thanks sa mga recommendations! Nabasa ko na din ung Perfect Chemistry, pero yung first book pa lang. Nainlove kasi ako masyado sa kanila ee. :cloud9: Baka madisappoint ako sa next story. Pero babasahin ko na din ung next. :yipee:

Maganda din ung Forbidden Boy ni Hailey Abbott. :thumbsup:

Haven't checked in in a couple of days and I already couldn't keep up.

Anyway, I've read the first KGI (Darkest Hour) by Maya Banks. I love stories about regrets and second chances and the book did not disappoint. It's just my kind of story. But it was exhausting. I felt for Rachel talaga. Maya is a great writer. She sucked me right into the story that I emphatize with Rachel so much I'm crying for and with her. I'm drained after reading it.
I recommend it but don't expect to be smiling after reading.

I'm supposed to read Delirium by Lauren Oliver since I enjoyed her other book Before I Fall and I've read that the heroine is like Katniss in Hunger Games. But then I found out that it's book 1 of a trilogy. That put me off right away. I've read so many book 1s of a trilogy this year. I don't wanna wait for another series. Pag matapos na sila saka ko babasahin. These stories could fit into one book but for some reason they gave it to us piecemeal. Parang soap opera. Some even have such cliffhanger endings preventing us from enjoying the book as a standalone. Okay. I'm ranting. But still. You know what I mean, right?

Kaya I'm reading the darkest power trilogy by Kelley Armstrong. I've enjoyed some of her books before. So I'm giving her first YA paranormal trilogy a shot. At least tapos n series na to. So far so good. Patapos na ako book 1. Adventure to which is right uop my alley now since I'm taking a break muna sa mga emotional na books after KGI 1.

I wish I could watch those videos ng perfect chem and rules of attraction. Kaso ang bagal inet connection dito. I have to refresh several times just to post my replies.

I put already put Play Dirty in my tbr. Baka sa Holy Week makabawi ako sa aking reading.

Hi guys, swamped with :work:, just dropped by to say :hi:! Hindi ko na matapos-tapos ang Archangel's Kiss. :upset: Will do a 'proper reply' on the weekends. Cheers!

Last edited:

@yche, yup. Super nakakatuwa talaga kaya you still have your smile kahit tapos na yung book. And I agree with you na it could happened in real life. I think that's why it has such good ratings. It's also nakakakilig. And everyone wants to experience teenage life again kahit sa book lang yan. Dami din mga tao nagre-read ng YA books kahit malaki na age nila. Sabi nga for the young at heart.... LOL :lol:

@cat11, yeah...ang corny talaga yung rap di ko tinapos e-watch. It's just a waste of my time. And yes, I know na si SE ang nag make noon. LOL :lol:

I agree, Alex talaga much better than the Carlos but okay pa din yung 2nd book RoA kasi I can better relate with the heroine sa RoA than the pom2x girl in PC.

@mohcandy, thanks for the review of KGI. I just want some light read right now. Haven't got much time to read kasi.

@sticky-feet, totally understand. Hopefully matapos na yung work mo.

@bokishme and charmed, thanks for the reco. Putting it in my TBR List.

I've finished reading City of Bones now I'm currently reading City of Ashes. Wish it's not true yung revelation doon sa book 1. I don't feel it that they are.... Sana nga, crossing my fingers.

Last edited:

@diokdin Want spoilers? LOL. Sige basa lang. When I read that revelation, halos ilang months kong hindi kinibo ang 2nd and 3rd books but ....;)

Hay. Can't wait for City of Fallen Angels

Last edited:

@cat11 - thanks for the reco, i'll check on them. :)

@mohcandy - yea, napaka emotional nga nung book (KGI 1) on some parts. Pero nakasmile naman ako after, kasi ok naman ending :)

@diokdin - haha! :lol: yes.. for the young at heart nga naman.. About Mortal Instruments..i'm getting flash backs of the books. i swear parehas siguro tayo ng naisip at that part. Love na love ko yang Mortal Instruments. All supernatural creatures rolled into one. :)
i'm currently reading perfect chem..ulet. :lol:

--------------

I read True North by Marie Force... 5/5 stars sya saken. It has all the right elements for me. Chaka breath of fresh air (for me) kasi first time ko makabasa ng book na yung heroine eh model.love it. :)

Last edited:

@rainfall
Thanks sa Nora Roberts reco. She's a very prolific writer. Kaunti pa lang nababasa ko sa mga books nya. I'll check Summer Pleasures.:)

@ayanamifaerudo
THE GODDESS TEST by Aimee Carter looks interesting. However, I've yet to find an ebook copy. Thanks for the reco.:)

@charmed19jess
I started GH series few months ago but I can't finish it. Napupunta attention ko sa ibang books, I just can't get into it. But with all the raves and good reviews here, I think I'll give it one more shot.:yipee:

@bookishme
Hi! I still can't get over sa Perfect Chemistry. It's a very hard act to follow. I like it better than book 2 and based sa reviews a lot of readers prefer it than ROA din. Pero maganda din naman and story ni Carlos and you'll get a glimpse of Alex's and Britt's life din as a couple. :beat:

@mohcandy
Yea, KGI book 1 is kind of heavy drama nga. I cried reading that. Book 2 is my favorite. I've done a reread immediately after finishing it. Crazy I know. :lol:

I totally get you about book series with same hero & heroine. You have to wait for months or year for the next installment. Plus the authors sometimes drag the story with silly plot lines & twists just to stretch the book until book 7 or so when they can tie it up nicely with just a stand alone or a trilogy. Well sometimes, it's our fans' fault for clamoring for more installment since we're so taken with the hero/heroine and can't get enough of them. ;) Now before I read series books, i make sure I have the next installment or complete series para hindi nakakabitin. :lol:

@yche09
I'm reading True North now. Talaga it's good? I'm just at chapter 5. I'm currently reading Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase, Scandalous by Karen Robards & True North by Marie Force. Simultaneous kase ako magbasa if I'm not really into the book pero pag I like it very much I finish it in one sitting/one day. Thanks for the reco & the ebooks.

@diokdin
Dahil may hangover pa ko sa Perfect Chemistry, I watched Crazy/Beautiful (Kirsten Dunst & Jay Hernandez) last night. :yipee:I'm seeing those chicanos in a different light now. :dance:It's a beautiful love story/drama & redemption. For those who haven't watched it yet, try it sometime.

Happy weekend ladies. Thanks for all your replies and ebooks. ;)

@cat11 Lalabas pa lang ang THE GODDESS TEST on April 26.

@ayanamifaerudo

Oh I see. Thanks for the heads up. :)

...catching up with you guys! masyado ko naintriga dyan sa perfect chemistry na yan ha! dami nag reco. so i started reading it... :reading:not yet done, though. just passed the chapter where in nagbet si alex about brit... oh... sorry guys looks like i'm starting to hate alex.. :lol:... but i could say na start pa lang ng story mmm parang interesting nga sya basahin... i'll finish reading it pa. i guess maganda rin ang ending..

by the way i also followed the link given by diokdin.. and agree ako sau alex is hot nga! :giggle:

humahaba na un list ng books na gusto ko basahin based on your reco... oh, i don't know ano isusunod ko :lol:

anywayz :thanks:for this :nice:

i'll catch up with you soon again guyz!:salute:

@diokdin thanks sa links...i agree! super cute naman ni Alex...:p and ang daming vids ano...talagang they made fanvideos pa...:)

on the hot MI video - nako! :slap: nasa YT naman pla eh...hihi...trust someone to upload it on Youtube...:lol:

pero kakatuwa din na all those YA authors are bonding and sharing and stuff..:)

i decided to give this series another shot coz of that...i was turned off kasi dun sa isang twist in the story...i think it was what you were referring to about the last part of MI's 1st book in 1 of your posts here...:)

@yche09 o nga kawawa naman si Illium if sa human sya ulit maiinlove :weep:, w/c makes me wonder about Dmitri, diba hunter ang partner nya...pano kaya yun? parang i dont see a hunter wanting to be turned into a vampire...hay, super mystery talaga kalalabasan nito for me...:lol:

@cat11
Shoot! Baliw talaga ako and makulit lalo na when I'm excited and feels strongly sa book na nabasa ko.
haha you're in the right place!

aw, kakatuwa naman si Mandy (feeling close?, hehe..), we have two dogs naman, dont ask the breed proud Aspin sila...:lol: the girl is really malambing, akala nya yata pusa sya, mahilig sya maglingkis (tama ba term ko?)...:lol: then yung isa naman suuuper seloso, gusto sya lang yung laging pina-pat...:lol:

@ayanamifaerudo :lol: sorry girl...anyways we followed the trail naman, its just the unscrambling of the letters i had no idea on...kaya i went to bestfriend Google...:lol:

whoa i read the blurb of THE GODDESS TEST suuuper intrigued ako...ill be looking forward to this...thanks! :D

@charmed19jess Archangel's Blade is set to be released on sept. 2011, and its Dmitri's story...:) NS will give the Seven time to shine naman...dont know if they all will get their own novels though...

im on the first few pages of Jacob of the Nightwalker Series, hehe...i got distracted by Perfect Chem kasi, ill continue this one after i get over my PC high...:lol:

@bookishme maganda din yung second book ng PC...different kasi ang take ng author on the 2nd book, mas intense ang Perfect Chemistry...:)

you might also wanna try Leaving Paradise Series, by the same author ng PC, dont know yet kung maganda sya, im only on the first few pages...hehe...:)

@mystuffs its really good! as in...Perfect Chem cured me of my Paranormal streak...:lol: now i want more reads like this one..:D

---

anyway, on Perfect Chem vs Rules of Attraction, i agree with you guys, mas like ko din ang PC :lol: pero i dont know, torn ako, may mga moments din kasi ang RoA, kasi PC is an intense read...1st meeting palang nila Alex and Brit, grabe sparks flying everywhere already...:lol: on the other hand RoA is kinda like slowly falling in love...they werent totally crazy bout each other agad, plus its a light read, maraming humor...kaya different talaga siya..

pero all in all, i fell more in love with Alex..hehe..mas gusto ko sya, mas kinilig din ako sa story nila, kasi it was parang against all odds ba, hehe..:lol:...and patay na patay talaga ko sa word na Mamacita na yan :lol: kainis...napapangiti talaga ako...:D

i started reading Leaving Paradise, im glad that the author's style is parang same parin, very familiar tuloy pakiramdam ko sa book...:)

Last edited:

I would suggest Harry Potter 1-7.
Read the book. Feel the magic.

@zelle about Dimitri na pala ang next book, mmm... ok din... hihi
GO! GO! GO! for Nightwalker Series!

@justhan11 YEY! for HARRY POTTER SERIES!:yipee:

>>>Naiintriga na talaga ako ng Perfect Chemistry, dami na ang bumabasa... Nasa TBR list ko na...:excited:

>>>Just finished reading What I Did For a Duke By Julie Anne Long, RATING 5/5 :thumbsup: Maganda rin ang story, historical romance, kakakilig, funny, witty and clever ang hero and heroine.:salute:

Last edited:

@justhan11 hiiiiiii, :) read the book, felt the magic already...:D, love that series...:p

@charmed19jess yes! maganda talaga Perfect Chem, sobrang kilig as in!...

before i didnt really read contemporary YA kasi sometimes, when i read one, i felt na too petty ang problems na kinakaharap ng mga bida...i didnt wanna read more teen drama...you know...kaya ako napunta sa Paranormals, pero ngayon, i love contemporaries na ganito ang vibe, hehe...:lol: di nako biased ngayon...:D

@zelle medjo same pala tayo, maka historical romance or scifi<pili> kasi ako, di ko hilig ng mga teens, except lang for gossip girl (di ko rin natapos buong series:giggle:), parang gusto ko na rin basahin Perfect Chem... I'll read it sometime pag-super intriga na me, hahaha, malapit na talaga hihi :giggle:

Last edited:

I love Perfect Chem! Although napaka-cheesy nya talaga. Have you seen Chain Reaction's cover? HOT! Anyway, rec naman kayo ng YA Contemp o...ung pinakalatest kong nabasa is Freefall by Mindi Scott. Loved, loved, loved it!

hi.

can't help to suggest something to my fellow book-lovers in this thread, i read this book by Francine Rivers titled Redeeming Love. Here's a brief synopsis:

Redeeming%2520Love%5B1%5D.jpg

California’s gold country, 1850. A time when men sold their souls for a bag of gold and women sold their bodies for a place to sleep. Angel expects nothing from men but betrayal. Sold into prostitution as a child, she survives by keeping her hatred alive. And what she hates most are the men who use her, leaving her empty and dead inside. Then she meets Michael Hosea. A man who seeks his Father’s heart in everything, Michael Hosea obeys God’s call to marry Angel and to love her unconditionally. Slowly, day by day, he defies Angel’s every bitter expectation until, despite her resistance her frozen heart begins to thaw. But with her unexpected softening come overwhelming feelings of unworthiness and fear. And so Angel runs. Back to the darkness, away from her husband’s pursuing love, terrified of the truth she can no longer deny: Her final healing must come from the One who loves her even more than Michael Hosea does…the One who will never let her go. A life-changing story of God’s unconditional, redemptive, all-consuming love.

this became one of my favorite books of ALL TIME. the only book that made me cry so much long after i have read it! this may have a touch of Christianity but i assure you that the story is compelling and will really make you believe in UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

*i hope i could find my own MICHAEL HOSEA :pacute: btw, i have an ebook version of this, if you want a copy just let me know. :)

Last edited:

hey ladies, and a few gents, moving this thread to the main ebooks forum where all discussion threads go :)

iwasan na lang natin ang pag post ng mga links sa mga librong nakapost dahil dyan po nagsisimula ang mga copyright complaints. pwede kasing makita ng mga non-member yung main forum. yung collections forum naman po (fic/non-fic/mags&comics) ay para lang sa mga registered members. already edited some posts.

thanks ladies.

and gents.

i have been following the thread and reading the recommendations :)
thank you for filling up my tbr list :)

anna and the french kiss is super kilig.

perfect chemistry is super super kilig :) when i started reading the book i cant stop i didnt notice its almost 2am and im not yet done i forced myself to sleep for i have to go to work by 6am. after work ive finished the book. its so worth it :)

roa is also good :) im loving the mexicanos hehe :)

cant wait for simon's next book :)

I have finished KG book 1. Super traumatic ang nangyari kay rachel. I have checked on the KG series next yr pa pala lalabas yung book4 i got disappointed. super nakakabitin nmn.

im looking forward to more recommendations. im not into paranormal series but ill try reading it.

next on my list is cindy gerard's bodygurard series book 1. i hope its as good as rachel's and ethan's series :)

Back
Top Bottom