Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

^ okay lang yan sis! we know you are quite busy dahil kakarating lang ng parents and bro(?) mo jan. enjoy being together with them muna :)

newaiz....bihira lang ang recent releases na magaganda :D

Has anyone read Across the Universe by Beth Revis yet? It's quite good :)

I haven't been able to read this week sadly. Hoping to catch up soon.

:hello: guys... Hay puyat ang beauty ko :yawn: i didn't sleep til i finished Anna and the French Kiss :dance: @diokdin you're right, the author brings us back to our youth, there are moments in the book that i can relate to :weep: i give it a 4.9/5 ratings, mejo dragging kze sa una, and un ibang french phrases sana may translation...

newaiz....bihira lang ang recent releases na magaganda :D

timing naman na wlang magagandang releases para mabawasan TBR list... ;D

Last edited:

Hi bago lng ako d2 sa thread, pero ayos na ayos to :) Thank you sa mga recommendations, bookwork dn kc ako kso hndi na nka2pag basa lately :( Try ko po mga books d2 :thumbsup:

Guys, kimi just posted Eternal Rider sa romance thread. :)

Go get it...

^ got it! grabe... ETO NA TO. :dance: puyat ako ng ilang araw kaka antay. i'm putting it on my reader na yesyesyesyes :yipee:

thanks to ms.kimi

>>>Just finished reading Perfect Chemistry, Rating 4.9/5, Maganda talaga pala, super kilig...:thumbsup:

>>> NEXT STOP >>> RULES OF ATTRACTION :excited: Sana kasing ganda ng PC

>>> Wait lang ako sa rate ninyo about Eternal Riders...:beat:

Hiya friends! Grabe, I missed this thread so much, esp. you guys! :weep: Ngayon lang ako nagka-free time. But I did FINALLY finish Perfect Chemistry (nakakatawa, medyo may cheesy parts lang yung dulong part, loved the epilogue though) and Rules of Attraction. Eep! 5/5 for both!

Checked out the video link diokdin provided, isn't Alex on the first link, the guy (aka Patrick Verona) on 10 Things I Hate About You TV series? Carlos on the 2nd link needs improvement, but it was nice to see the vids though. Am looking forward to the 3rd book! :dance:

Am back-reading posts now, and checking out Larissa Ione's new book. Looks interesting.

Gusto ko na mabasa ang The Goddess Test. :excited:

---

:welcome: pala sa mga newbies dito sa thread! Medyo late na ko sa pagbati, hehe, humahabol lang. ;)

@ cat11: Fave ko din si Cade & Holly! Oh, and I think I've seen Crazy/Beautiful years ago, hehe. I agree, it's a great movie. ;)

@ cat and zelle: Ooh, I have a dog din, Lab siya. We call her Kai, ayun ang hilig maglagay ng mga kamay and kung anu-anong limb ng kung sino ang kasama niya sa bibig niya kaya puro laway na lang kami dito :lol:. Tapos gusto na hini-hele bago makatulog, baby pa kasi 4 mos pa lang. Tina-try na nga namin i-wean from that, kasi pag malaki na siya, naku, pano na bubuhatin yun. :slap:

@ charmedjess: Di ba part/last book ng Pennyroyal Green series ang What I Did For a Duke? Are the other books in the series as good?

@ midori: Maganda yung synopis ng book na s-in-uggest mo, am gonna look it up!

@ yche: When I read Flat-Out Sexy, I felt awkward din at the beginning, but they're perfect for each other, and it didn't bother me in the end. :D

@ dudette: I'm not into Paranormals din before (more on Historicals and Contemporary), but those recos by maysapaw really made me do a 360°-turn about the genre.

@ maysapaw: San galing yang mga random quotes sa signature mo?! If it's from a book, I'd love to read it!

@ momma: Ako din super busy, gah! Hehe, iba talaga ang charm ng GH, ano? :)

@ decadence: I read a review on Across the Universe, maganda nga daw! It's something geeky and romantic daw, right up my alley!

---

Hindi ko pa nababasa ang Archangel's Consort because of the incomplete letter L sa mga words. pero dahil nag-system lock ang aking MS Office, I won't be able to edit it yet. :upset:

Maybe yun na muna ang next read or Ione's new book. :noidea:

Super good ba talaga ang Mortal Instuments? :D

---

Gah, April 5 na pala ang The Chase ni Erin McCarthy!!! :yipee::excited:

Last edited:

hmmmm dami nanaman magandang books out of sync nanaman ako.... mahanap yang perfect Chemistry na yan.... intriguing

@sticky di ko pa ba nabasa ang ibang series ng What I Did For a Duke, hihihi:giggle:

I finished The Eternal Rider yesterday. :dance:
my rating : 5/5

thoughts: Some may say na biased ang rating ko since i superduper liked Demonica Series. Pero ganun talaga. I loved it. This is one case of "if-you-like-demonica-read-this". I knew i would love Eternal Rider kahit hindi ko pa nabasa. I couldn't put it down when i started reading it. Ares/War is one hell of a sexy stubborn hero, i'm so happy that he's partnered with a defiant heroine. Almost all of the past characters in Demonica Series is included in this novel kaya mejo namiss ko sila. I'm so glad i got some glimpse kung ano nang nangyari sa kanila. Connected talaga sya sa Demonica pero its entirely different. Horsemen are wayyy powerful and mas madaming tricks and history involved since they're thousands of years old. The book is also full of action so i didn't get bored in any way. Made me wish i have a hellhound for my self. :lol:

Love it. And yesyesyes, I recommend it! :thumbsup:

@sticky-feet - namiss ka namin!
Yep, sa 5 na and The Chase! pati city of fallen angels (mortal instrumenrs 4).. i'm sooo darned excited. Can't wait! :)

--------------------------

after reading the 3 books of Fast Track Series, i must say book 1 (Flat-Out Sexy) is still my favorite. Book 3 (Hot Finish) for me, is not as good as books 1 and 2 (maybe because i had too much expectation with regards Ryder and Suzanne due to their constant presence and banters on the first and second book) but still worth the time. :) Looking forward to book 4! The Chase :excited:

Last edited:

hey y'all...how've you guys been? whew, crazy week! :hilo: :lol:

@momma i agree w/ maysapaw GH is great! and Perfect Chemistry, hihi..:p

@mystuffs yay! glad you loved PC din...:D ako naman fave ko yata yung Chemistry Test part nila...hihi...:p ang sweeeet! shet!...:lol:

@charmed19jess mejo mas maganda ang story nila Alex & Brit for me...pero i still like RoA, sarap din sya basahin...:p

@diokdin hays, looks like we've all been busy esp. this past week...:sigh:

@decadence i'm also curious sa Across the Universe nung i saw the cover pa lang...i'll definitely read this one din...hehe...:D

@sticky-feet hey, we missed you too! :D

yup that Alex is the one on 10 Things I Hate About You...nagulat ako sa voice nya nung 1st time sya nagsalita...:lol:

i like the Alex on the trailer of RoA better, LOVE his hair...hehe...:lol:

haha, cute cute dog...my dogs too are like that...puro ako laway after ko makipaglaro sa kanila...:lol:, o nga ang laki pa namang breed ng Lab, hirap buhatin...:lol:

@jynxed yup yup! Perfect Chem is a great read kung gusto mo kiligin...:)

----------------

anyways...i finished reading Leaving Paradise, urm, well i didnt go crazy over it like i did in PC, but i still like it...no regrets of reading it on my part...:) tapos...since series sya on same characters...medyo too long ang build-up nya...the middle part is where it all gets good...:) its a different kind of story than PC so i cant really compare...maybe if i read this 1st than PC i'll like it better than i do now...i'm on Return to Paradise now, but hindi ako nagmamadali...:p

i'm not saying that its not good, i reaaaally love it din...it shows that there's always two sides to every story...and there's still this adults helping element... i love the adorable adorable old lady...:p

plus distracted kasi ako sa fanfiction i was reading...i got it from our pinakamamahal na section...its called She's Dating the Gangster...grabe roller-coaster ride sya for me...nainis, kinilig, nalungkot ako sa story na 'to...i almost gave up reading this kasi i was very frustrated na sa story, hindi ko na sya gets...(maybe teens nowadays are like this, hay ganon naba ko katanda? :ohno:), but i just couldnt let go of the story, i wanted to know what'll happen to them and kept thinking about it...so there i finished it...naku kakaiyak! Endless Love, A Walk to Remember-ish kind of story...halos di ko na mabasa yung words dahil umiiyak talaga 'ko! hay grabe sobrang keso man pero nakakalungkot talaga!...:kainis:

i dunno, there's something about these unpublished stories that really affect me, unlike the heavily edited published novels...kahit na magulo yung plot, magulo yung writing, magulo yung characters, ang daming typos...but i really feel the story...hay buhay...there i let it out...sorry guys for ranting :p...:upset:

right now i really need a feel-good novel...depressed pa rin ako...ehehe..:lol:

i think i'll read Darkest Secret muna...wanna know Amun's story already...:thanks: yche!!!

Last edited:

Hiya friends! Grabe, I missed this thread so much, esp. you guys! :weep:

@ maysapaw: San galing yang mga random quotes sa signature mo?! If it's from a book, I'd love to read it!

we missed you too! :)

i think most of you have already read the books where the quotes came from.

but to help you recall, the first quote is from Angel's Blood (sorry kids di ko alam kung paano magspoiler) when Raphael was shot by Elena and he was bleeding, Dmitri has spoken those words...i just find it soooo funny :lol:

the 2nd quote is from Something About You, spoken by Cameron's gf during the gf's bridal shower in the club.

the 3rd is (and i admit i just picked this up from amazon's forum) from Married by Morning by Lisa Kleypas. said during the ledge scene almost at the end of the book.

Last edited:

:hi: hi guyz!

@zelle, i also liked that part... kept wondering pano nya nagawa yung change of papers.. haha..

nabasa ko na rin yung She Dated the Gangster :lol:... you're right medyo magulo nga yung write up.... but i also managed to finish the story and super duper kakaiyak nga! :weep:

~~
last book i've read Sweet 16 by Kate Brian, and it also made me cry :weep: or mababaw lang talaga luha ko?? :upset: ( pero not the same intensity ng iyak ko dun sa She Dated the Gangster :lol: i thought the story was lame at first pero it turned out good as i read on.

next stop: i'm planning to read un mga book reco ni diokdin sa first post dito sa thread.... (sana lang wag muna ako matemp mgbasa ng other books from the ya thread by looking thru the covers.. haha!)

@mystuffs nabasa mo rin? hay...kakalungkot talaga story, last night ko lang sya natapos...and hanggang ngayon naiiyak pa rin ako pag naaalala ko...:weep: grabe, sumakit yung dibdib ko nung nagbabasa ako...kainis! :kainis: i need a distraction talaga! gusto ko syang basahin ulit pero ayoko na...:lol:

kanina pa tuloy on repeat si Taylor Swift sa player, minamalat na sya...:lol:, i need her feel-good songs...:lol:

@zelle1016 - thanks sa comment for Leaving Paradise.. at least now i know what to expect :) Yep, basahin mo story ni Amun.. :dance: ako super looking forward na sa book ni Torin (which i think uber tagal pa.. baka 2013 pa since Paris is next). uhm ask ko lang, san ka nagbabasa ng Fanfiction? sa fanfiction.net ba? nacurious lang ako.. dati kasi regular ako nagbabasa ng fanfics, pero about anime. :)

Last edited:

@ zelle, oo medyo matagal ko na nabasa yun sdtg. last year pa ata.. sobrang naiyak din ako dun. as in parang medyo namaga mata ko nun sa kakaiyak.. tama ka, mala endless love/ a walk to remember nga ang dating ng story..

hi everyone! as i've seen through this thread puro girls lang lahat nagpopost dito then usually yung nirerecommend nyo always nasa romance genre, am i right? unfortunately for me it doesn't fit to my preferred reading (maka-hard core science fiction, action-adventure, alternate history, horror-suspense kasi ako - obviously not emotional hehe). anyways, i find this thread useful kasi baka i can recommend some of them to my wifey. balat sibuyas yun pagdating sa mga tear-jerkers hehe. just keep the conversation going, nice to know na maraming book lovers dito na kagaya nyo :)

@yche ilalagay ko na rin yang The Eternal Rider sa TBR list ko... :yipee: i'm really not into it but baka mai-intriga na naman ako hihihi:giggle:

@zelle oo nga, mas maganda nga ang love story ni alex and brit mas maraming happenings hehehe, nice at makakilig din ang RoA though:beat:

>>> Mas Macute-an ako kay Carlos kaysa kay Alex sa Pic
per%2Bchem%2Band%2Brules%2Bof%2Bat.jpg

>>> Mas magandahan rin ako sa Book Cover ng RoA kaysa sa PC
images
images

>>> WAAA... Excited na akong basahin ang Chain Reaction, Maganda rin ang cover niya:thumbsup:
images

How fast do you guys read? :noidea:

Back
Top Bottom