Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Okay so I've decided to read Archangel's Consort na lang, so I could look forward to Dmitri's book. In fairness, hindi nakakasawa sina na R & E ha. I wanna read Illium's na :pray:.

@ charmedjess: Hmm, I heard na yang WIDFAD yung pinaka-maganda sa lahat e. Hindi ka naman nalito sa story kahit siya yung pinaka-last?

@ yche: Is it okay to read Eternal Rider kahit wala pa kong nasisimulan sa Demonica? Hindi kaya ako malilito? I was hoping to read that one after AC e.

And me too, favorite ko yung Flat-Out Sexy! Although the other 2 books were great reads as well, mas may magic sa 'kin yung first book.

@ zelle: I've been hearing a lot about She's Dating a Gangster ha, nakita ko din yan sa Filipino books section natin e. Ma-try nga. Guilty pleasure ko pa naman ang mala-A Walk to Remember plots.

Siguro sa weekends ko na lang babasahin, para kung sakaling namumugto ang mata ko afterwards, nasa bahay lang ako. :lol:

@ maysapaw: Now that you mentioned it, naalala ko na nga, hehe. :D Yung kay LK lang ang hindi ko nabasa out of the 3. Any feedback on the book?

@ tartimorion: :welcome: to the thread! We read those genres as well, although mas discussed lang ang romance-related books. Care to suggest any horror books that you've read?

@ boogie_monster: :welcome: to the thread! Personally, I can finish 1-2 books in a day pag walang ginagawa. Pero pag may work, siguro 2-3 books in a week depende sa workload. :D

@sticky-feet

better read Demonica first before Eternal Rider since it is mostly a continuation (although with a different set of protagonists) of it.

on LK, out of the 5 Hathaway's books, no. 3 and 4 have just a rating of good for me. the one i quoted is from book 4.

@sticky What I Did For A Duke nga ata ang pinakamaganda <RECO KO DIN TO>:thumbsup:, hindi ko rin kasi type ung synopsis ng ibang Pennyroyal Green series like nalink ang hero or heroine sa murder or married na ang heroine, hindi rin man ako nalito, hindi rin man talaga ni link ng author ung ibang characters ng nasa Pennyroyal Green series, i think hehehe.

@boogie_monster :welcome: makaka finish ako ng book per day depende lang kung busy. :giggle: Parang same same lang sa answer ni sticky...

@ tartimorion :welcome:

>>> RECO ko uli NIGHTWALKER SERIES :thumbsup: Maganda, Addictive or ako lang na-aaddict dito hihihi:lol: Rating 5/5, Of Course magstastart kayo with JACOB.:salute:

Last edited:

@charmed19jess - yeah, you should read it :thumbsup:. Thanks sa pics.. gwapo talaga nila :cloud9: Uber excited for Chain Reaction! i bet sabay sabay tayong magbabasa :lol:.

@boogie_monster - hello! i can read two books a day pag walang ibang ginagawa. :)

@sticky-feet - ako rin... Illium's story would be really intriguing. Kasi kakaiba sya eh..kakaibang wings, mas hot (i think, :lol:). And i agree with maysapaw, read Demonica Series first. Its better that way, para alam mo yung flow ng story. :)

Hey guys! Matagal na ako hindi nakakpunta sa thread na ito. :slap:

So, what did I miss?

Wala pa akong bagong nababasa na libro since I'm concentrating on my research papers pero if I'm going to recommend something.... Let's see:

Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin.

It's got a great story, a kick-ass heroine, some nice little romance - the lot.

So there. Just got back from an exciting bloghop.

@yche09 yeah start ko na last night Amun's story, amusing ang mga thoughts ni Stryder, hehe...dun palang ako sa start eh...natatawa ako sa mga comments nya...:lol:, hay next na pla story ni Paris sa wakas! :D

before, i used to read sa soompi...ngayon ko lang nalaman ang fanfiction.net, macheck out nga...hehe...:lol:, yung She's Dating the Gangster naman, pinay gumawa nito...as what Sticky said...sa fil section ko sya nadiscover...:D

@mystuffs hay, me too...yung talagang blurred na vision ko dahil umiiyak na talaga ko while reading...:lol: kakainis talaga!

pero ok na ko...kasi, meron syang fanpage sa fb, naki-like narin ako, hehe :D...tapos my pic don yung inspiration sa characters nina Athena & Kenji (not sure though...baka feeling ko lang, para maglubag loob ko...:lol:)...kaya naisip ko na story lang talaga to..ehehehe...:D

pero nakakalungkot parin pag naiisip ko...gulo diba...:kainis:

@sticky-feet yeah, when i saw the page of SDTG on fb, ang dami ding comments....:lol:, yup tear-jerker talaga sya...:lol:

@charmed19jess yum, yum, tunay kaya tattoos ni Alex? hihi...:p excited narin ako sa Chain Reaction...:lol: parang pinakagusto ko cover nito...:lol: yung girl lang ba nakahandcuffs o parehas sila? cant see clearly...:p

Last edited:

@boogie_monster
If there's nothing else for me to do, usually I finish 1 book a day depending sa length. The Other Boleyn Girl took me 2-3 days to read haha. But if there's school then maybe 2-3/week depending sad if may mga quizzes and exams during the week.

I just finished reading Delirium and The Amaranth Enchantment! Can't wait for the sequel to Delirium.

Still thinking of what to read next. Ang daming choices! I got a lot of books na on here. Thanks guys! :)

Want to recommend anything? Though I don't read paranormal romances, hindi ko na gusto yung genre after reading Twilight. Hehe.

@decadence you dont like paranormal after twilight because?

1. you like twilight so much so you don't think other books can top it.
2. you hated twilight and paranormal genre become such a no-no?

all i can say is you are wrong in both counts :lol:

1. there are many more paranormal books that are better than twilight
2. you should try other books first before you totally swear off paranormal

anyways, since you are still in what? HS? College? yup, better stick first to regular programming este, regular books muna :) We don't want to dirty your mind yet...(awwww..that maybe such a c'mon hehe...but seriously don't!).

@boogie-monster if i like the book (as in nail-biting-won't-be-able-to-sleep-until-i-finish-it) then i'll finish it in one sitting...kesehodang may pasok ako kinabukasan.

but since having kindle, i usually read an hour or 2 a day. while i can finish a novel in 3-5 hours tops.

Last edited:

Hi guys :hello:...sa wakas natapos ko rin yung City of Ashes after 8 days LOL! :lol: So busy it took me 8 days. Hahahaha :lol:

Anyways, just passing by..

And hello to and :welcome: to tartimorion and boogie-monster.

@boogie-monster, Depende. Usually I can finished a book in 1 sitting in a day or 4-6 hours reading. If not super tagal talaga. Depende kasi sa free time ko or how good the book can grab my attention. :)

@charmed, thanks for that pic. I like Alex, okay si Carlos if he can pluck his eyebrows. It's so thick as a bush. LOL :lol: Pag na pluck nya eyebrows nya malamang si Carlos...hehe :lol: That's a good shot of them. :)

@momma, wish ko rin nga meyron translation yung ibang mga french phrase doon para we'll understand what they are talking. Nakakainterrupt kasi if you have to search it sa internet.

@sticky-feet, I'm also excited to read the Goddest Test. For me, okay lang yung Mortal Instrument. I gave it 4 star.

@mystuffs and zelle, maganda ba talaga yung SDTG? Hmmm, I have to add that in my TBR List. :D

@ayanamifaerudo, I'll put that in my TBR List. :)

Hi guys! Matagal rin akong di naka reply dito sa thread kasi sobrang busy sa school (cuz of requirements) anyway ngayong summer na at wala nang klase, more time for reading! Currently reading "Virgin River Series" by Robyn Carr like ko talaga ngayon ang mga romance novels. wala pa kasing matinong teen-lit romance novel (naghihintay pa rin sa sequel ng Anna and the French Kiss at Chemical Reaction which is gonna be release on august pa!)

Last edited:

@ maysapaw and yche: Okidok, ibababa ko na muna ang Eternal Rider sa aking TBR list. :D

@ maysapaw: Lately parang hindi na ako nae-entice ng mga new release ni LK. :( Parang kulang ng zing!

@ charmedjess: Lagi talagang may plug ang Nightwalker series ha. Maybe I'll try that next, after Archangel's Consort.

2nd book to read ko na yang WIDFAD when I go on my Historical phase. :p

Speaking of historicals, I've read super great reviews on a book called The Winter Sea (also called Sophia's Secret) by Susanna Kearsley but I can't find a copy. Antaas ng ratings niya sa mga book review sites that I frequent (alam niyo na next ko na sasabihin), if you guys find a copy of ze book, please upload it. :pray:

@ ayanami: Uy, how've you been? I read a lot of great reviews on Butterfly Swords! That one's from Harlequin Historicals di ba?

@ zelle: Parang gusto ko din basahin yang Lords of the Underworld, kaso pagtingin ko sa fantasticfiction ang haba na ng lineup!

@ diokdin: Ang ganda ng synopsis ng The Goddess Test, hindi ko matanggal sa isip ko. Plus the fact that I'm crazy about Greek gods :dance:.

@ lordpatrick: Oo nga summer na, gah, I dread the increase in temperature :weep:.

---

Pinutol ko muna ang pagbabasa ng Archangel's Consort, and am currently reading an In-Between (Harlequin).

Please if you need an in-between read, check out Powerful Italian, Penniless Housekeeper by India Grey.

Don't let the title throw you off :ashamed:. I know, these Harlequins and their titles/covers about Powerful Tycoons and Dirt-Poor Heroines, right? :surrender:

India Grey's a great writer and I've never read a book of her's where I was disappointed. :D I haven't finished the book yet but it's already a 5/5 for me! I specifically loved the culture infused in the book. Sometimes, just to make it seem more 'Italian', Harlequin authors would include words/terms such as 'cara', 'Madre Dio', etc etc, but that's were the Italian similarities stop.

This book isn't pretentious, and I liked the feel of it. It didn't make me go, "Just because he's an arrogant schmuck and can say those endearments mean he's Italian. :furious:"

Go and read it if you need a breather.

---

Oookay, please advice me on which to read first since I'm torn between starting Lords of the Underworld and the Nightwalkers. :salute:

Last edited:

@ sticky-feet, just prepare a box of tissue pag binasa mo yun she's dating a gangster... :lol:

@ diokdin, oo worth reading naman sya, if trip mo magsenti.. haha.. medyo magulo lang minsan yun characters and yun write up pero sa kabila nun its worth a try pa rin..

hey, i just finished reading i am number four yun nandun sa first post mo dito sa thread, and wow! it's a breathtaking story! i just noticed last night while reading the book na nakapigil hininga pala ko, (haha!) dun sa scene just before they met number six.
i haven't watch yet it's movie and i have no idea kung tungkol saan yun story before i read it. :upset: hindi ko kasi masyadong nabasa yun mga comments dito sa thread about the book, but i've noticed na maraming nagmention nun sa thread (so i go for it na rin).... ang alam ko lang before reading it eh its about someone who's running and hiding kaya it turned out suspense tlaga sya para sakin.. hahaha...... now it's one of my fave book na!

mmm... it's seems that i have to catch up na in watching some movies... i'm not getting to it na lately kc parang mas naadik na ko sa pagbabasa... :upset:

Last edited:

sticky-feet please please please....read mo rin yung Duncan's Bride and Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard. pretty please :pray:

wag ka munang magparanormal :lol:

about LK...true...not much zing i guess. but i think it goes with what you are currently reading. meaning, if you are reading a lot of PNR then shifted (pun not intended) to historical, you try to find the same tone in the book (fast paced, sassy heroines, witty dialogues, less description of house, garden, etc :lol:).

to all, inggit ako sa inyo..you have a choice between reading and watching movies :weep: ako...wala. :( up to now, foreign movies (well US movies) are still nowhere to be found here in my place, 2 months na! aaahhhrrrggghhh!

Last edited:

@maysapaw
I hated Twilight and now stay away from the paranormal genre. I did read some after I read Twilight but I dunno, right now it's not my type. I think it's due to the hype, plus I've heard others say that the latest YA paranormal books are badly written as well. I'll probably try reading them again some time in the future.

And I've read historical romances (if that counts as dirtying my mind... lol) since my friend likes them and I borrowed her books. Hahaha. :)

@maysapaw - OMG, ikaw po pala yung nag reco ng Duncan's Bride. I read it last week! First time ko makabasa ng book ni Linda Howard and some say na hindi daw yun ang pinaka maganda nyang work, but hellloo.. i loved it! I was surprised by the MAIL ORDER BRIDE THEME :lol:. Akala ko forever nalang ako maiinis kay Reese because he's so alpha male, wanting a very typical submissive baby-giving wife..buti nalang Madelyn's character is really strong. I admire Maddie's character. Kasi she's tough, willful chaka she taught Reese a very important lesson... na hindi lahat eh kagaya ng ex nya. Bagay na bagay na heroine ni Reese :)

@sticky-feet - kung magpaparanormal ka, shempre i would recommend LOTU (fave eh. :lol:) pero since kahit ako eh naiintriga na din sa Nightwalkers series (thanks to sis charmedjess, i'm also torn :lol:

@zelle1016 - book pala muna ni Strider (The Darkest Surrender, Sept. 27 2011), and the saka pa yung kay Paris (2012).

-----------------

Just finished reading Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2). Another first. This is my first cowboy read, and yes, i didn't read book 1. I don't know anything about cows, horses, ranch etc kaya may terms and phrases na medyo niresearch ko pa. :lol: The heroine, Harper, is a beauty queen. Ang dami nyang titles. The catch is, kelangan nya magwork for Bran (ranch owner) as a hired hand. I thought magiging whiny sya since beauty queen nga and all. But her personality is just the oposite. The ending is really very sweet. Ang cute ng mga ginawa ni Bran. I found this pic sa mga comments sa goodreads..

5536585115_29a1029361.jpg

kung eto talaga si Bran, i wanna be his beauty queen too! :pacute:

@decadence

in case you want to try again another paranormal aka mala-twilight but better by nth power (hehehe...para lang sa aming mga di masyadong makatwilight), then i urge you to read Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. It is a 7-part series, though you can always stop in case it still doesn't appeal to your taste.

and i still don't want to "dirty" your mind so i dont want you to try the other PNR na pang adults talaga :lol:

@yche09

finally...may naloko na rin este naengganyo na rin pala akong magbasa ng Duncan's bride....dibadibadiba....cute :wub: Made is my kind of heroine, willful but reasonable, di rin marunong sumuko, she knows her worth and she's willing to fight for the man she loves :D

pakibasa na rin po yung Mr. Perfect ni Linda Howard....super funny as in baka bumungisngis at humagalpak ka sa kakatawa. swear! :D diokdin can attest to this :thumbsup:

and i know both books are not that highly rated (i mean around 4 out of 5 stars lang sa amazon) instead of 5/5 it deserves, but yeah to each her own i guess :lol: (pero yung after the night which was rated 4.5/5 is just like...3 for me...but i i know with others it has a different impact...i just can't get over with the idea of xxxxx (<-- this is really all x's, referring to the lead woman's feelings to the lead man).

Last edited:

@sticky-feet Yep. Harlequin Historical.

>>> Currently reading An Unlikely Countess by Jo Beverley , ok ok din ang start, hehe, still reading it...:beat:

>>>May na- ADD na naman sa TBR list ko, Michelle Willingham - Claimed by the Highland Warrior and Mary Jo Putney - The Bargain (aka The Would-be Widow) parang maganda rin ang story...:excited:

>>> Reco ko sa mga di pa naka read ng Mallory Series ni Johanna Lindsey, Maganda rin ang stories, Historical Romance, kakakilig din, Nice combination ang mga Hero and Heroine ng each story. Ang iba dito ka-ilang times ko na inulit ulit ko nang binasa. Di pa rin ako nagsasawa. Addict!:yipee:

>>> Reco ko parin ahahaha, NIGHTWALKER SERIES kulit diba? :rofl: Lito na ba kayo? hehehe:lol:

>>>Parang nai-intriga na ako sa Lords of the Underworld, maganda ba to? haizzz... dami na talaga... hectic na ang sked, hihihi :giggle:

@diokdin hmmm, yes maganda sya...but you'll have to have a looooot of patience and tolerance for the story...its not perfect, but its worth it at the end if you love these kinds of love stories...:) and keep a box of tissues within your reach...:D

i think this is the story where i've cried the hardest talaga :lol: ganun ako kaaffected...

@sticky-feet on LOTU - yes! maganda sya...i really like the whole concept of the series...:D, very intriguing...

has it been 7 books already? i didnt even notice...:lol:

another thing i like about this is that GS writes great heroines...each one can hold their own in one way or the other...:) hindi sila helpless...sure they need saving once in a while so the Lords can show their protective side, but they are not damsels in distress always...:yipee: they all have something to offer to the Lords...well besides, you-know-what...:lol:

Last edited:

@charmed19jess - maganda maganda magandaaaa :):dance: read it! lovelove Lords of The Underworld may cameo din mga characters ni Kresley Cole. :)

@zelle1016 - i couldn't agree more! :) no damsels allowed sa LOTU (same as IAD). Thats why fave ko si Gwen the harpy (The Darkest Whisper). Kick ass! :clap:

Back
Top Bottom