Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

I'm done reading Gone by Michael Grant and I'm happy to say that it's better than most dystopian novels I've read (excluding THG of course). There were a lot of great elements in it such as action, adventure and romance. I really liked the characters too. Overall, it was a great novel. :thumbsup:

But THG still remains number one though. It is just pure genius.

And how is everyone? :) Haven't heard from you guys in a while...

Last edited:

^ Thank God! i thought i was the only one who's reading gone.. err.. I LOVE IT! but i haven't read the most recent one, i'm kinda waiting for the next book before reading it. I love sam but sometimes he makes me sooo very frustrated. Anywayyy.. Gone has evolved from the first book. Its really great.

To answer your question (supposing i'm one of those who frequents this topic)... i'm doing good. Kinda busy with work (hard to be a trainee again :lol:). I'm still adjusting so books are on hold. I miss everyone too :pacute:

Hi guys..
May suggestion ba kayo dyan science fiction books na pede bilin sa national.? Un mejo believable at talagang massarapan ka sa basa..

cna any one give me a link where can i download geek mythology ebooks please

Hey guys, I'm currently looking for Joy Fielding's The First Time. If anyone has it, please post the link/upload it please? I'll like to read it before this school year starts. PLEEAASE. <<:

I also have an extensive collection of ebooks on my own, and I'll post them/upload them next time if anyone's interested. My ebooks range from historical romances to classics to just about anything..Not really, but I have hundreds of them so far. I've deleted some but I know where to get them back.

Some of those that I have:

Jude Deveraux, Picoult, Mcnaught, Gabaldon, other Joy Fielding books (and the one I'm after NOW is The First Time), Sidney Sheldon, John Grisham, Kresley cole, Regency romances and other historical romances (Lisa kleypas, Jeffries, and a WHOLE lot of others, my mind's just blank right now and I'm too tired to look them up)

I'll gladly help you with any book you're after (I'll do what I could), JUST Thanks! :salute:

@yche09: I'm definitely going to read the next books in the series. :) I like Sam too and Astrid. I'm so glad that the females in this book didn't make me want to hit them. Hahaha x)

Have you read Enclave by Ann Aguirre? I really liked it! Definitely one of the best YA dystopians out there. 4.5 stars for me. It didn't quite reach 5 stars though, not like THG. I noticed right away the resemblances to it but nevertheless, Enclave still had a uniqueness that worked for me. I liked the relationship between the main protagonists. Just didn't like the ever-present love triangle. One of the characters just didn't fit in, imo. The ending was a bit ehh too. But it was still really good. Sad to say that the sequel is still coming out on Sep 2012!

@boogie_monster: I don't read much sci-fi, so I can't help you there, sorry. Try goodreads.com though, they usually have lists for different book genres which can hopefully help you. It's how I find most of my to-read books these days.

@franssagtay13: I can't find the ebook either, sorry! Hopefully someone has a copy of it. Also if you could make the font smaller next time, it would be nice xD

Last edited:

hi guys!!!

Miss you all too...I haven't got the time to read and post....I'm just lurking here right now.

When I get the time again.... :) Sana soon...

Miss na miss ko n forum na to. Sadly, I don't have much time to read anymore. Sometimes I just save the webpage then read it later.

Consequently, I apologize to those I've left our discussion hanging. :weep: Hindi na ako nakakareply.

I've been reading Dead Reckoning but after a month, I'm still stuck in the first chapter. Busy na masyado eh. But after reading diokdin and other's review of the book, it looks like I'm not missing anything.

done reading graceling by Kristin Cashore, and i lurv it. Thanks for those who recommended the book!

looking forward to read fire when i have time, i hope it's good to read too.

School's going to start na on June 13 kaya I'm reading all that I can now kasi walang time na when school starts. :(

@decadence...yay! you liked Enclave too... I really liked it. Now I'm looking forward to reading the Gone series as I have not read it yet. I'm also looking for in between readings book...but I've been busy because of a wedding..maybe I'll start reading again before school starts.

About Enclave...I think they added characters to just give it more color or variety but that is just imo

>>> Hi, tagal ko nang di nakadalaw...

>>> Currently reading Johanna Lindsey's Malory Family Series AGAIN. Kakatapos ko lang ng Love Only Once at nasa chapter 4 na ako ng Tender Rebel. Haizzz... Di parin ako nagsasawa, hehehe :giggle:

>>> Still Recommending Nightwalkers Series By Jacquelyn Frank and of course Malory Family Series by Johanna Lindsey :thumbsup:

guys, its my first time here sa thread na to..
just want to thank you for recommending good books..
mwuahhh.. mwuahh tnx tnx tlaga :clap:

i really love kerrelyn sparks ' love at stake series
can' t wait sana september para out na ung story ni gregori
nabasa ko n rin ung 1st book sa IAD nice din siya pero rest muna
ko sa mga story ng vampire kasi parang gusto ko na ring
maging vampire eh lol

sa ngaun back read muna ko ng in death series ni J.D Robb.
:excited:

hello everyone. hay natapos ko rin basahin un fire by Kristin Cashore, ok lang naman sya pero mas nagustuhan ko pa rin yun graceling. medyo nabore kasi ko sa umpisa nung fire, tsaka grabe ang haba nung novel.

now i'm back to reading light novels muna (to lighten my mood :) ) at yun mukhang short story lang kaya i tried reading fake boyfriend by kate brian, i've read half of it pa lang, and mukhang nagugustuhan ko naman sya. sana hindi ako madisappoint afterwards.

Hello.

I'm currently reading the Sookie Stackhouse series, authored by Charlaine Harris. I've only discovered the series just last year, because I got curious about the US tv series TruBlood. Turns out that Trublood is (somehow) loosely based on the Stackhouse series. I must say that every detail in the novels are well thought of, and they are really interesting because the plot involves vampires, fairies, shapeshifters, werewolves and other wereanimals. I think that's what has drawn me into reading the books. It's also a mixture of genres. :dance: Currently, there are 11 books in the series, and I think Charlaine will be writing 2 or 3 more books. I can't wait for the next book, book 12. :excited:

Also, it's nice to read Dan Brown novels, as they are really smart novels. His books are fast-paced, and everytime I get hold of it, I can't bear to put down the book. So I usually read Dan Brown books in just one sitting. :)

Let us also try to read the classics (like Charlotte Bronte, Virginia Woolf and Jane Austen novels to start with), they might look boring at first, but it will help hone our skills in reading and comprehension, since it is mostly Old English and all that. I personally liked Bronte's Jane Eyre and Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

@debbie me too! i love dan brown books. i think i will read "the lost symbol" next now that i have my ebook reader. :yipee:

@70lordpatrick:

That's really nice to know! :clap:
I'm sure you'll enjoy The Lost Symbol. Like I did.

;)

hello again everyone! yay! finally natapos ko rin basahin yun fake boyfriend by kate brian and it turned out to be a nice read! so im giving it a reco :thumbsup:

daan lang, hello to all! :)

mukhang wala masyadong magagandang release ah...tahimik ng thread.

currently reading old linda howard books...minamarathon ko. i can't believe that i didn't grab her books before. anyways, ika nga, it is never too late :)

Last edited:

hi fellow readers....Miss ko na chikka natin dito.

^mukha nga... ako, I don't have time right now to read. (Though natapos kong basahin yung Married By Mistake by Abby Gaines thanks kimi and lordpatrick for posting this book, I recommend you guys read it. Those of you who wanna read a very light read.) Super busy, wala ng akong time to download ngayon...I'm trying to balance everything and adjust time.

@mystuffs, thanks for the reco I'll put that in my TBR list. Yung title palang para ang kilig basahin.... Hehe :D Kinikilig ka ba when you read it?

Guys, sino sa inyo dyan makakarecommend ng kilig na story. Mababaw lang kasi gusto kung basahin ngayon para madali-an.

@debbie08, nakakainlove Sookie Stackhouse series anoh? Though yung last book very dissappointing talaga for me. BTW, True Blood season 4 is almost out. It will be this June 26. ;) Weeehhhh....I'll get a dose of Eric and it looks like yung season ngayon is base sa 4th book wherein sila na ni Sookie. Weehhhh..... :yipee:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom