Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

@diokdin again, i recommend Duncan's Bride by Linda Howard. short lang...kilig. :lol:

hi everyone!

@ diokdin, mmm.... medyo kinilig din but not that much. it's more about friendship and pretense kasi pero i really liked the story especially un twist nung story sa last part. just try reading it na lang, u may like it too! feedback na lang if you liked it. dont want to spoil the story hehe. it's a light read, good for unwinding kung medyo pagod ka na sa mga heavy na babasahin. :) i think isa sya sa mga books na nabasa ko ng madalian.

medyo mabagal kasi ko talaga magbasa kasi i often can't resist to find some time pausing while reading then imagining the scenes. haha

now reading the
hate list by jennifer brown, something like a true story from tragedy stories from the news, and how the accused/victims goes on with their lives.
nasa 1/3 pa lang ako nung book, but i find it interesting, something different sa mga books na nabasa ko na parang tipong pang "maalaala mo kaya?" episodes ( guys, have you heard of it or watched some episodes of it?) haha.. hope the story goes well...

Hi guys :)

I just finished reading Hunger by Michael Grant and I have to say that I'm really getting into the story now and I can't wait to read what happens next.

School's starting on Monday so I won't have much time to read anymore which sucks. :(

while everyone here is busy ;) im done reading the "hate list by jennifer brown", maganda rin sya, nakakaiyak. im adding it to my reco list.

also done with geek high by Piper Banks, its nice and a light read, parang tipong pricess diary type of novel. I'm putting the next books in the series on my TBR list.

@diokdin, so I've found another Sookie fan! yay. hahaha. I loved the eric and sookie team up. You too eh? That's really nice. Yeah, season 4's nearly out, I can't wait! The one thing that I don't really like in the previous seasons is that they make Eric too villainey, when he's not all that. He's got this soft side too (towards Sookie specifically haha!), so I hope they get to show that in the new season. :) I agree with you, I hear that they'll be showing us more on eric and sookie! :yipee:

Meron po ba sa inyo mkpgbbgay ng khalil gibran books n pwedeng idownload free. :D thanks

Hi guys! :hi:

First time ko mag-comment sa thread na to. Mukhang magaganda ung mga suggestions niyo na mga books. :nice: Ung iba nabasa ko na pero karamihan hindi pa kaya ilalagay ko yan sa to-read list ko na humahaba na. :reading:

Anyway, katatapos ko lang nung books ni Kristan Higgins and I must say na it's good to read if you're looking for fun and light reads. Natapos ko na din ung Water for Elephants kaya nga lang medyo na-disappoint ako kasi akala ko super ganda na siya (dahil ginawa na siyang movie) pero obviously mali ako. Di naman siya super pangit na hindi na dapat binabasa siguro masyado lang mataas ung expectations ko dun sa book.

And ngayon, binabasa ko naman books ni Gina Wilkins. Try niyo din. Cute ung mga books niya and fun to read. :thumbsup:

:ohno: Sorry kung masyado na tong mahaba. :peace:

Hi again everybody!!!

Gah, it's been a looooong time since I last posted. Na-miss ko na kayo, wala ako makausap about books I want rant and rave about!

Too busy at work, :weep:. Now, not so much! Been on a reading roll and read a lot of great Historicals as well as re-reading Kresley Cole!

currently reading: Jacob (Nightwalkers series) by Jacquelyn Frank

p.s. Eric and Sookie :excited:

Last edited:

done reading Legacies - Mercedes Lackey & Rosemary Edghill, maganda din sya parang harry potter type. i'm definitely waiting for the next book to be available for download ;)

hello people! again.. i miss you all! :giveheart:

yep.. meja busy tayo lahat. Hindi parin tapos training period ko sa work so.... super konti lang nababasa ko plus im kinda hooked on The Mentalist and House. :lol:

Anywayyy... i'm juggling books now. I've been trying to finish EON (i swear im gonna finish that book no matter what! kahit sometimes i find it dragging....), reread CUJO and start THE IRON DUKE (i know maganda daw talaga yun)..

i ended up finishing books 8,9 and 10 of THE BREEDS series by Lora Leigh. hmm.. ayun, ok naman. super visual lang if i may say so :lol: but i enjoyed it.

I am soooo looking forward sa mga araw na properly adjusted na ako sa work.. and then i'll have all the time in the world to read again. :)

and p.s din (hihi gayagaya) : we're all still looking forward to Chain Reaction 08.16.2011right? :pacute: . yay! :excited:

hey uwa nabuhay! :D

me too, i dont really have a lotta time to read nowadays din. :kainis:

hmmm, lets see what have i read?

well i finished EON already, and about to start EONA, but for some reason, i dont have the heart to start reading it right now.
to think that i cant wait to read more of the Prince and Eona, about how their relationship will develop in the second book, bitin na bitin kasi ako sa interactions nilang dalawa sa first book.
I actually enjoyed it a lot, hindi mahirap iimagine ang world, since ive watched some movies na kinda ancient China ang setting. And @yche i swear it gets better at the ending, that's where all the action is...:) kinda heart-pounding din, w/c part are you in right now?

and I also finished reading Die For Me din pala...and @mohcandy are you there? remember our rant 'bout the great guys with their not so great heroines? well i think this one has the right kind of balance..
Vincent (the male lead) is really ideal din like Jay, etc. but the female lead, Kate, for me is actually sensible and not all ilove you so magpapaka engeng na'ko girl...so a big plus for me there...
i mean for me, all the circumstances she happened to be in were actually not because she has a death-wish or something, and i think she actually made a lot of sensible decisions! so yipee! Finally!
i dunno if i missed some of her not-so-wise moments, but for me, im okay with her decisions throughout the book...im definitely gonna read the next book! and also, there are a looooot of resemblances with Twilight, as well as Hush, Hush...

right now, im reading The Tiger's Curse, para syang fantasy fiary-tale...hehe, its currently my book to read while on commute coz thats really all the time i have to read right now..hay

i think that's it...also im currently setting my ebook and music libraries in order so yeah, i dont have much time to read...:(

aaaand another one, i know this is months old but i finally wathed the I am Number 4 movie! i love it! i think i even like the movie better than the book, thats the first time its happened! and i have a girl crush on Number 6, lol

@yche hey, ive only watched a few episodes of The Mentalist and House, and i kinda have a crush on the male lead of The Mentalist, he's really charming...eeeeee :blush: but im more on greys anatomy...
and comedies, right now im addicted to The Big Bang Theory, i looooooove this one, next to FRIENDS that is...:yipee:

and yes my excitement for Chain Reaction 08.16.2011 has not faded still! :lol:

meron po b kaung marerecommend sakin na book kasi katatapos ko lng basahin ang Harry Potter series? yung may pagka HP, yung setting at plot mukang maganda pag ganun. Meron po ba thanks!

hellowwww guys. (parang lasing ah :lol:)

been reading so and so books lang...isinisingit din kapag may time.

btw, cat11 just requested a new book, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire, mukhang mala-Perfect Chemistry ata ang plot....so if you do find one please share :D

@zelle mukhang maganda yang Die for Me ah....mabasa nga. a sensible heroine is really a big attraction to me.

Last edited:

@zelle1016 - I'll finish Eon tonight! hehe, haven't had the time to finish it these past few days.. i was hooked with Pride Series eh. I am so curious sa ending and sa sequel (EONA).. kaya tatapusin ko talaga to. :lol: And yes, i know riiightt, sabi ko nga i'll apply as the next wife of patrick jane. Lakas ng charm nya and i will always say na amazed ako sa plot ng The Mentalist. :)

@maysapaw - already looking for Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire. Sana one of these days may magshare na. Ang ganda ng teaser eh. :) I think its worth the wait (if ever matagal pa bago merong magshare..err..).

hello everyone :), just dropping by..
kakatapos ko lang basahin yung The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
, ummm... what can i say? maganda rin yung story, nakakaiyak nga. naiyak naman ako dun sa scenes na kung saan (pahiram po ng spoiler! hehe)
pilit na gumagawa ng paraan yung parents ni eve para makuha si zoe kay denny
[end of spoiler], though i must admit nabore talaga ko dun sa parts na puro descriptions about racing, yay! sorry for that! but all in all maganda yung story nya.

@ karl 1357
meron po b kaung marerecommend sakin na book kasi katatapos ko lng basahin ang Harry Potter series? yung may pagka HP, yung setting at plot mukang maganda pag ganun. Meron po ba thanks!

try mo read yung Legacies - Mercedes Lackey & Rosemary Edghill, parang harry potter type sya, about school of magic din tapos may mysterious enemy din sila. i must admit na the best pa rin ang harry potter pero maganda rin to nagustuhan ko rin.

@ karl 1357

try mo read yung Legacies - Mercedes Lackey & Rosemary Edghill, parang harry potter type sya, about school of magic din tapos may mysterious enemy din sila. i must admit na the best pa rin ang harry potter pero maganda rin to nagustuhan ko rin.

meron po ba kayong ebook nian. kahit pDF , pero mas maganda pag txt format

I do really miss this forum. But sadly, I can't recommend any book. :( The last I read is Dead Reckoning and still haven't finished it.

@zelle Hmmm.. will try to read Die for Me during downtime. Need a Jay right now. lol I don't really have as much time to read eh. I'm taking up masteral classes kasi in addition to my work.
You also like The Big Bang Theory?! OMG! I loove Sheldon! Since it's not being shown here and I'm the only one torrenting, my friends are like Huh?? when I mention the show. Finally, someone else who loves the show. :D lol I more on US tv series now than reading, so I'm watching TBBT again from season 1. Sheldon never fails to make me laugh.

I may not have finished the latest Sookie book, but I loved the new episode of True Blood. Season 4 na! Yay! Can't wait sa next ep, mukhang sila n ni Eric sa season na 'to.

I also loved Fringe. If you're fascinated with alternate universes and time travel or Eins tien's theories, then this show is definitely for you.

I do really miss this forum. But sadly, I can't recommend any book. :( The last I read is Dead Reckoning and still haven't finished it. I still read the forum though whenever I'm online and downloaded all your recos to read.. whenever. *sigh* My fantasy right now is to be stranded on an island with my netbook until I finished reading all my ebooks.

@zelle Hmmm.. will try to read Die for Me during downtime. Could use a Jay right now (kahit sa panaginip lang). lol I don't really have as much time to read eh. I'm taking up masteral classes kasi in addition to my work. The things you do to get ahead.

You also like The Big Bang Theory?! OMG! I looooove the show esp. Sheldon! And since it's not being shown here and I'm the only one torrenting, my friends are like Huh?? whenever I mentioned the show. Finally, someone else who loves the show. :D lol I'm more on US tv series now than reading, so I'm watching TBBT again from season 1. Sheldon never fails to make me laugh.

I may not have finished the latest Sookie book, but I loved the new episode of True Blood. Season 4 na! Yay! Can't wait sa next ep, mukhang magiging sila n ni Eric sa season na 'to.

Do you also watch the show Fringe? It's a great sci-fi show. I'm recommending it to all who are fascinated with alternate universes and time travel or Einstien's theories.

Wow, ang tagal ko na wala nagpost dito. Hahaha. How are you guys? :)

I've been trying to read whenever I have free time. So far I've finished Lies and Plague by Michael Grant and I have to say, it's turning out to be a great series! It's always full of suspense and you just can't wait to get more.

I've also read Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and I'm very exited for the movie! It wasn't a typical novel and it was more on the realistic side of life which I found refreshing.

Plus, Julia Quinn's Just Like Heaven already came out and I must say I love! Marcus especially ♥ I really like the bond between him and Honoria.

I'm still deciding what book I should read next. I'm thinking Eon. Any other suggestions? :P

Back
Top Bottom