Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Nabasa nyo na yung slammed by colleen hoover?
um, maganda kasi. hahaha

Yup, I voted it in GR for best YA Fiction!

I just finished The Sea of Tranquility... and i LOVED it! di ako nakatulog dahil dito, :lol:

Last edited:

Been reading a lot and posting less recently. Pero latest read is Unmaking Hunter Kennedy. A very cute and sweet story!

thank you for this thread. love it:):thumbsup:

ngayon pala release date ng Shadow's Claim ni Kresley Cole...pa-share naman kung sino nang may copy...hehe

50 shades of alice in wonderland.
parang ewan lang, wala ng maisulat na iba :D

My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea Cameron

15748898.jpg

Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.

On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome, blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, and even though her other roommates adore him, she wants him gone before it's too late.

Hunter himself has been been burned before, but the fact that Taylor calls him out on his crap and has the sexiest laugh ever make him decide maybe love isn't a lost cause. They make a bet: if she can convince him she truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment--and leave her alone. The problem is, the more time they spend together, the less she hates him, and the more she moves toward love.

But when the man who holds the key to Taylor's fear of giving up her heart resurfaces and threatens to wreck everything, she has to decide: trust Hunter with her greatest secret, or do everything in her power to win that bet and drive him away forever

My rating: 3.5 stars

Hindi ko lang talaga mapicture yung room ni Taylor and Hunter. Though all in all the book is okay. May similarities siya sa Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.

Last edited:

50 shades of alice in wonderland.
parang ewan lang, wala ng maisulat na iba :D

Haha. Seryoso 'to? LOL.

Anyway, nabasa niyo na'to guys?

- Warm Bodies - meron upcoming movie 'to this FEB 2013.
- Gravity
- TEN - modern re-telling of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None
- Cinder
- Across The Universe series
- Skylark
- The Hunt
- Breathe
- Forsaken
- Unwind series
- Birthmarked series
- The Lost Girl
- Enclave series
- Under The Never Sky
- Losing It
- Partials series
- Shadow and Bone
- The Immortal Rules
- The Maze Runner series

Haha. Sorry, dami. Nadala lang. :yipee:

just finished reading Larissa Ione's Rogue Rider, it was quite good (4 stars GR style), with an abrupt ending...parang...thwack, thwack (sound of sword hitting/slicing something) then xoxo na :lol:

maybe i was expecting the book to be longer since my kindle says i was still 80% of the book. yun pala, may glossary, reviews, 1st chapter ng 1st book (ares), compedium, etc sa dulo.

the awesome part???? there's a book 5!!!! woot woot!

btw, i have no 5 star rating yet for LI (i dont know why i rated one book 5 stars, now downgraded to 4), probably coz her books are more cluttered of multiple characters (H/H from other books). sometimes, if the extras are relevant to the story, they even have their own chapter solely dedicated to their actions/thoughts.

don't get me wrong coz KC wrote (almost) the same way (except with the dedicated chapters).

now...on to KC's latest book. gah...i am not much into her vampires, but if its KC...then....i'll gladly suffer :lol:

just started getting into books. now im reading "the picture of dorian gray". grabeh 2 chapters pa lang but it was blowing me away.

have you guys read this book too. what can you say about it and can you recommend me something as smart and flawlessly written like it?

Anyone know where to get kindle cases? I'm scared of using or bringing it cos it might get scratched or might fall!

Preferably online with shipping :)

Last edited:

Anyone know where to get kindle cases? I'm scared of using or bringing it cos it might get scratched or might fall!

@decadence - I bought oberon case for my kindle..check out their site www.oberondesign.com ...Medyo pricey pero the cover is leather na makapal, and sure na protected kindle mo. Plus the cover looks great and will probably last a long time.

#BookMark

@decadence - I bought oberon case for my kindle..check out their site www.oberondesign.com ...Medyo pricey pero the cover is leather na makapal, and sure na protected kindle mo. Plus the cover looks great and will probably last a long time.

i have a cover and a sleeve. first bought the cover, kinda heavy nga lang esp when reading in bed (tamad kasing tanggalin).

after a year, decided to buy the sleeve (originally hindi ito inoffer), i love using it more than the cover kasi nakahubad ko lang binabasa si kindle, so mas magaan.

i really really want the cloud dragon cover design (red, di pa sya inooffer nung binili ko ang cover ko), pero as a sleeve parang iba ang dating so i decided to pick the paisley design instead (green).

one time pala nadrop ko si kindle (hubad), siguro at a height of 24-30 inches...goodness kinabahan ako :lol: awa ni Lord, okay naman sya.

kindle25, what cover design did you buy? i have the celtic design, which has been discontinued :noidea: though i wanted the da vinci as well....looks so medieval :)

for December i'll stop reading NA for awhile, every book feels the same na for me :lol:

having a goodreads account din eh masama pala! everytime i see a book read/rated by the people i stalk eh napapabasa din ako!

@novel...gusto ko yung premise nung book, if only i could do that...drop everything and just live day by day.

re: book, i did not feel Cam and Andrew's chemistry, kulang sa kilig factor, or manhid na ako sa kakabasa ng NA kaya di na ako kinilig? haha. at saka nakulangan ako sa explanation about what Andrew wants from Cam. overall though okay ang book (3 stars for me...sorry kuripot talaga akong magrate! haha).

re: kilig factor, for me mas okay ang On Dublin Street ni Samantha Young :)

i wanna read some contemporary nonNA books...like Kristen Ashley (dami nya na palang books!) pero di ko maappreciate ang writing style nya :weep: most of her books pa naman eh rated 4 and up. one of these days, magcliclick din kaming dalawa! :lol:

@lakambini i added you in goodreads. forgot to put a comment sa invite. ako yung tweety bird :)

^ Binasa ko yung On Dublin Street kasi nireco mo...nagandahan din ako dun! tatapusin ko lang yung ibang NA na binabasa ko and then magbabalik YA na ako...kakasawa din kasi kapag sunod-sunod, haha.

Isang book pa lang ni KA yung nabasa ko, hindi ko masyadong na enjoy kaya hindi na naulit...

kakaadik talaga ang GR! LOL

I think I'll be reading "On Dublin Street" :wub: Thank you for recommending :yipee:

OT

i just wanna share guys the planner i bought, so cute :)
it fits perfectly for me, colorful and fun,
for artistic or feeling artistic like me :)
im a big fan of their work, i just discovered them last year

Design Your Life 2013 Photo Planner

Edenbrooke is one of thee best ebooks i've read so far.. :thumbsup: has anyone read it also??! :)

i posted a copy of it in the all romance collection thread.. ;)

lahat ng libro ni ambeth ocampo ok basahin.

Nahiya naman ang albite ebook reader ko sa kindle nyo hahaha.
sana magkaron din ako nyan soon. :))

^ bakit naman? basta satisfied ka sa ebook reader mo, and more importantly, sa mga books na binabasa mo, okay lang yan... drama :lol:

seriously though kindle is not perfect, so yeah, as long as satisfied ka sa ebook reader mo :thumbsup:

I finished Tara Sivec's 3rd book, grabe ang dami kong tawa! Troubles and Treats ftw!:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom