Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Compilation Of Symbian Tips And Tricks..!

Meron na ulit bro.

Wala pa pala akong tulog. :yawn: Matutulog pa kaya ako?

@badarjey
tagal mu di nagparamdam bro ah?
keep it up TS!

ahm ung part II pow nsa 1st page n.... ung su2nod na compilation ko all about "games"... ;)
d2 q nrin ipo2st 2tal compilation lng namn ung ng tips & tricks about games eh.... tingin ko namn d aq ma22li ng section ng pgpost n2... hehehe....:pray:

Last edited:
sumakit mata ko kakabasa:lmao:

salamat dito ung iba dito di ko pa alam eh:salute:

ganun b...? hehehe...
ah ou ung iba kce d2 s ibang forum q nkuwa then i edited it pra mas maiintindihan mabuti...
at ung iba namn eh iba ung lenguwahe so i translate it... :dance:

@lunatic
bro salamat s Suggest mo.... hehehe...
masa ganda kung lagi k gcng kesa s d kna mgicng...:hyper:

Last edited:
thanks tol :salute:
this will come in handy

:thumbsup:Thanx d2, ts iba d2 d q dn alam ipa2print q 2 hehehe thanx ulit sana dumami pa ma2lungan nyo... Thnx ulit

Create a SubFolder into folder !!(Read it Carefully !!)

Well I saw an application Regarding this and dunno if its working or not
but if u really want to make a subfolder ..then go ahead and surely u will do without a need of any applications....here is the way to do everything...

i dunno abt the application posted above
but here is some cool style to make a sub folder in any symbian phones i think

i have tested this one in 6630 and 6681 and dunno abt other phones if its working or not

but i dont think its risky in trying it one out..
go further and read this carefully ...

as you can see here, i have moved my games folder into my newgames folder as a demonstration

pic3g.jpg

pic2ch.jpg

first you need to make your new folder (or an existing folder, doesent matter) and move this folder so it is the first folder on the menu. heres an example, if i wanted to move the media folder (and all its contents) this is were it has to be first.

pic1k.jpg

now you need to send an .sis file to your phone, (it really does not matter which app or game) as you can just unistall after

now you install the .sis as you normally would, then as soon as its complete, press menu (need to be fast here) and highlight a non folder icon (like logs or camera etc etc) and press options. now just wait.

after a few seconds, you will see your cursor go back to highlight the folder at the start, (the one which you moved there just now) ,in this demonstration it would be my media folder. and now because you still have the options menu open, you will see that you still have the option to move to folder , normally not an option on any symbian phones. when your cursor has highlighted over folder, thats it, just simply select move to folder and then move the folder to another folder..

do the same thing to move the folder back (if you want to) just place folder as first one from that menu, and follow steps again , this time moving back to menu

this also works if you uninstall a app / game and quickly move to menu as soon as its finished uninstalling, as this also refreshes the menu, causing the cursor to jump to the first icon, be it a folder or application icon.

note
this works on 6630 and 6681 as this is tested on6630 and 6681, and folder stays where you put it even after restarting phone, Yeah i dont know if this will work on other symbian phones Hm!? but see no reason why it shouldnt,.this is great way to organise your applications games even hide away all those unneeded ROM applications

its stable to have folders, inside folders, Yeah sub sub directorys. possibilitys are endless. im very curios on which other phones this works on Hmmm... it works a treat on 6630 and 6681, no problems as yet, everything is still very stable..

Hit the :thanks: if you like my post...

Last edited:
How to create Netfront v3.3 patched .ini for your network's proxy

Create Netfront v3.3 patched .ini for your network's proxy

It is known to all that Netfront v3.3 fails to read proxy values from phone's access point and there's no way we can manually enter these values in Netfront. Only solution left is to embed the proxy values in netfront's settings (101f53e2.ini) file.

Sadly, it is not easy to create a properly patched ini file (if you do it from scratch) and only few guys including me are able to provide patches on request. Sometimes i am very busy with my work, so i fail to provide the patch instantly. Therefore, i have come up with this tutorial so that anyone who needs an .ini file, may try making it him/herself.

With the help of this tutorial you will be able to create a patched ini for your network's proxy. I would not tell you how to create an .ini file from scratch as it will be too complicated, error prone and time taking for you all.

Instead, i would provide you with a sample file and tell you what you need to change in it. It will be easy as you need to modify only the bytes which denote your proxy address and port.

List of items required:

1. Sample .ini file (provided by me)
2. Calculator (default windows calculator in scientific mode)
3. A hex editor (i used a hex editor called XVI32)
4. A little idea about how to use calculator and hex editor...heheheh

Procedure:

A: how to modify proxy address:

* Open the file in hex editor.
* Hex address 3C0 to 3CE, (or decimal address 960 to 974) denote the bytes for proxy address.
* In the sample file, the proxy address is 010.004.042.015, modify these bytes to change the address to that of your network's.
* If your network's proxy address is 200.008.162.055, then just replace or overwrite old value (010.004.042.015) with it.

B: how to modify proxy port

* Hex addresses 53B,53c and 541,542 (or decimal addresses 1339,1340 and 1345,1346) denote the proxy port values.
* In the sample file, the proxy port is 8080.
* Open windows calculator from program>accessories and run it in scientific mode.
* Click Decimal system and type 8080 in calculator. now click Hex and the calculator will show 1F90.
* Reverse the bytes 1F90 to 90 1F. this is what is entered as proxy port at hex locations 53B,53c and 541,542
* If you want to change proxy port to any other value like 9011 then convert it to hex. It will be 2333 in hex. Reverse it to 33 23. Enter 33 23 at hex locations 53B,53c and 541,542 in the ini file. Follow the same procedure for any port value. If the port has only two digits, e.g. 80, then consider it 0080 and then do all the operations accordingly.

*Save the ini file as 101f53e2.ini.
*Transfer it to mobile phone.
*Move it to c:\system\shareddata.
*Do the operation while Netfront is not running.

The sample file has been prepared with respect to cracked Netfront 3.3, therefore i cannot say if it will work fine with unregistered Netfront.

Hit the :thanks: if you likie my post....

Attachments

• ISO-8859-1__Sample ini file.zip
    1,016 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
...:::Same small tricks in s60 phones:::...

Hey dude Lets Add our tricks on our s60 phones

For Example

*Before I install a demo program (mc dict) I set date 01.01.2010 then install the appilication then I open it It says me 14 days left then change it to original

Open Mcdict again en u ll see this

msdictit0.jpg

Another one

We love lonelycatgames but sometimes we come across BSDC(Blue Screen Death Crash) If you see like this install an older version then open it after it install last version

Another one

I use NGAGE When I open original MP3 player All Icon on menu disappears or When you install a new program you cant see its icon on menu

Then do this >> Open menu and press left key and go down to exit (not right then exit) or close menu from a task manager like X-plore from tasks Then start menu again you ll see what yo want

This is new.

use this way and wanna share via you all

We love Lonely.Cat.Games and its products but sometimes We see that

A Blue Screen Death Crash(BSDC)

When you see this for Exm. In lcg.jukebox 2.12

You see that BSDC in 2.12(jukebox) Use X-plore and install an older version (like 2.11) and open, run it. Then install 2.12 again Yuo ll use 2.12 without crash for a long time.
I want you all to add like this small tricks

Hit the :thanks: if you like my post...

[GUIDE] To change the title of the icon in symbian s60

Hey guyss...i've found a new trick on how change the icon title for symbian 60

so here it goes...

1st STEP - you download the .rsc file which i provide below

2nd STEP - you change the name of icon title_caption.rsc into the program you want to change.

for example, you wanna change the "AgileMessenger" icon,

so you change the icon title_caption.rsc into AgileMesseger_caption.rsc

3rd STEP - Open the RSC Editor program (can get from symbianfreak.com)
and open the AgileMesseger_caption.rsc which we just made.

4th STEP - then after successfully opened, you can edit the 1st and 2nd title name. the 1st column is to be viewed when the program opened

the 2nd column is where the icon title in the menu.
SO, for example you change the

1st column into MSN Messenger,
2nd Column into Messenger

5th STEP - after that just save it. NOT SAVE AS ! then you copy the file into the directory of your wanted program. in this case is "AgileMessenger"

so copy this file by using FExplorer into E:\System\Apps\AgileMessenger\

if it ask to replace, just do it

After that, back to menu and see the result
aruyf.jpg

Hit the :thanks: if you like my post....

Attachments

• ISO-8859-1__icon_title_caption_666.rar
    124 bytes · Views: 0
-Trick- 2 versions of application on one phone

1-Install a version of desired application
2-Using some file explorer, go to !:\system\apps\ and find the folder of the application you've just installed.
3-Rename this folder to anything other than its current name
4-After a few seconds, the application will disappear from phone's menu.You can create a folder somewhere in your MMC to keep applications such like these, if you are going to do this trick with several apps
5-Install another version of the same application in your phone
6-The version that has just been installed will appear in phone's menu and work normally.
7-To use the other version that had its folder renamed, use some file explorer, like Fexplorer, System Explorer, or ExplorerSP*, go to that folder you had renamed before, and open the .app file.The application should open normally, but without its icon.If it doesn't open after you select the .app file, this app is not compatible with this trick.For example, you can use this trick to have Netfront3.2 and 3.3 in your phone.Note that Netfront3.3 should be installed first, cause it works from any place, even with its folder renamed, and Netfront 3.2 only works from !:\system\apps\ .However, both netfronts will use NETFRONT3 folder located at !:\system\apps\, for example, to hold the cache

Notes:
-Keep in mind many applications doesn't work properly when they're not located at !:\system\apps\ or after having their folder name changed.A few doesn't open, a few close when you try to use some functions, a few require different settings file, but a few work perfectly
Alternatively, even if a application doesn't work in such conditions, you can let it at !:\system\apps\ with its folder name changed.Whenever you want to use this application, just rename the folder of the current version (that should be installed and appearing in phone's menu) to disable it, and rename the folder of the app you want to activate to its original name(the same name than .app file).The application should appear in your phone's menuSome applications that work from any place:

Netfront 3.3
AC ping v1.13
S60zip v1.02
Camera Magica
Instant SIS v2.1
Sonic Boy 1.0
Vnes 1.60
Vsun 1.10

Even if you're not going to install two or more versions of a same application in your phone, you can still use this technique to avoid having your phone's menu with lots of applications.In a phone that has more applications installed, when you press Menu key for the first time after the phone is turned on, it will take more time until Menu appears at the screen.You may have to wait half of a minute or more, if your phone has too many applications installed*Don't use SmartFileman, cause it can't open some applications properly.

Hit the :thanks: button if you like my post...

Tutorial ~ How to make PhotoRite Frames ~ Nokia S60

How to make PhotoRite Frames for the Nokia S60:
I know there are many frames on this forum that you can get on this forum, but i couldn't find a how to thread to help others, so here is my first tutorial!

This method has worked 100% on my 6630.

If you you a file ecplorer, eg: FExplorer, go to: E:\System\Apps\PhotoRite\pr_frames
you will find 4 folders and 3 files. go into and folder for eg. 'fun'... and you will find a few images. as you can see, there are 3 images for each frame, for eg, Egypt_i.jpg : Egypt_i.mbm : Egypt_m.jpg

What I did is send the Egypt_i.mbm file to the computer.

You will need to find a picture for your frame, make sure that the dimensions are suitable to be changed to 640x480 (that will be the frame dimesions!)

Once you get the picture, resize it to 640x480 using photoshop or paintshop or whatever you use.

You will need to crop out the are where you want the pictures face area to be

preview1m.jpg

Once done, save the file as , ?????_i.jpg

Then, fill in the white cropped out area with black paint and fill the surroundings completely white, like so:

preview2b.jpg

Once done save as, ?????_m.jpg

Now, open the ?????_i.jpg and resize to 44x33 and save as (not overwrite) ?????_i.bmp*.

Using MBM Wizard (which you can find on this forum, search). Import the eygpt_i.mbm file. You will see one image there, delete and replace with the ?????_i.bmp file. Then save as ?????_i.mbm

Send these 3 Pics (????_i.jpg , ????_m.jpg, ????_i.mbm) to your phone. Use FExplorer to put these in the folder E:\System\Apps\PhotoRite\pr_frames\Fun

And you've done it!

* the ???? means that you MUST use the exact same name!!!!

Open PhotoRite and chose you frame, it may have a weird icon there but it does work! Try it!

Hit the :thanks: button if ilke my post....​

Interchange Your Icons

Ahem !! There is an easy process to interchange ur icons

Items U need to change icons

1 - UnmakeSiS

2 - AIF Tool

3 - Minimum 2 Applications for Interchanging Icons

----------------------------------------------------------

FROM where U get those REQUIREMENTS

Iphone-Forum Have All Those Stuff But u get unmakeSiS and AIF Tools from the below given attachments

Any Two Apps - Get It From our Beloved iphone-forum

-------------------------------------------------------

PROCESS TO CHANGE ICONS

Let the two apps be APPMAN and FEXPLORER ,,, We have to change FEXPLORER icons with APPMAN icons .. So for this First of all Extract Sis files of both apps seperately with UnMakeSiS . Then open AIF Tools ,, open fexplorer.aif file from extracted fexplorer folder ( which we done with unmakesis ) ,, note down the AIF ID and App ID ( for fexplorer the the AIF ID is 383A0010 and App ID is F17B1F10 ) ,,,,, NOW again with the help of AIF tools open appman.aif file ,,, here u see AIF ID is 383A0010 and App ID is D87E1F10 replace that App ID with fexplorer App IDwhich is F17B1F10 ,,Save the File ,, Now u make new fexplorer.aif file which contains the icon of APPMAN . Now send this fexplorer.aif id to ur mobile and replace the original aif of fexplorer with this fexplorer.aif ,, see what happens ,, ur icon get changed...

Screenshots

1st screenshot - where fexplorer icon changed to appman icon

fexplorerchangestoappma.jpg

2nd screenshot - where both fexplorer and appman icons get interchanged

fexplorerappmanicongeti.jpg

Trial *.aif Files

if u want to download that aif files of fexplorer and appman which i have made it get it from the below attachments ..

Hit the :thanks: butoon if you like my post...​

Attachments

• ISO-8859-1__UnMakeSISv0.2b.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ISO-8859-1__AIFTool.rar
    208.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ISO-8859-1__Fexplorer and Appman aif file.rar
    5.1 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom