Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Daniel's awful horror prophecy revealed

9Ten8ti

Amateur
Advanced Member
Reaction score
I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THESE AND TO STUDY YOUR POINT OF VIEW:

who don't know prophet daniel? for christians prophet daniel is very popular. he interprets dreams because god give him that talent.

this revelation that angel gabriel explained to him is concerning to the end of times. so as a fanatic reader of the gospel, it is my duty(as i felt it) to share it to all of you guys so that if i committed a very critical error, at least you can correct me directly here in symbianize t&b forum.

Daniel 9:20-27

Good News Translation (GNT)
Gabriel Explains the Prophecy
20 I went on praying, confessing my sins and the sins of my people Israel and pleading with the Lord my God to restore his holy Temple.21 While I was praying, Gabriel, whom I had seen in the earlier vision, came flying down to where I was. It was the time for the evening sacrifice to be offered.22 He explained,
Daniel, I have come here to help you understand the prophecy.23 When you began to plead with God, he answered you. He loves you, and so I have come to tell you the answer. Now pay attention while I explain the vision.

24 Seven times seventy years is the length of time God has set for freeing your people and your holy city from sin and evil. Sin will be forgiven and eternal justice established, so that the vision and the prophecy will come true, and the holy Temple[a] will be rededicated.25 Note this and understand it: From the time the command is given to rebuild Jerusalem until God's chosen leader comes, seven times seven years will pass. Jerusalem will be rebuilt with streets and strong defenses, and will stand for seven times sixty-two years, but this will be a time of troubles.26 And at the end of that time God's chosen leader will be killed unjustly. The city and the Temple will be destroyed by the invading army of a powerful ruler. The end will come like a flood, bringing the war and destruction which God has prepared.27 That ruler will have a firm agreement with many people for seven years, and when half this time is past, he will put an end to sacrifices and offerings. The Awful Horror[c] will be placed on the highest point of the Temple and will remain there until the one who put it there meets the end which God has prepared for him.

1ST TEMPLE DESTRUCTION IS OVER AND THE REBUILDING WILL COME SOON AFTER 70YEARS AS WHAT GOD TOLD PROPHET JEREMIAH. WHEN THE 70 YEARS WERE ALMOST OVER SO DANIEL PRAYED TO THE LORD ABOUT THE MATTER BUT ANGEL GABRIEL APPEARED TO HIM AND REVEALED THE PROPHECY.

from the time the command is given to rebuild jerusalem until god's chosen leader comes( THIS IS KING CYRUS,the emperor of persia) seven times seven years will pass.

when seven times seven years will pass jerusalem will be rebuilt again. the book of nehemiah and ezrah testifies this rebuilding and it is over. so the 2nd temple established again.

the 2nd temple will be standing for seven times sixty-two years but this will be a time of troubles. and at the end of that time god chosen leader will be killed unjustly(THIS IS JESUS).

the city and the temple will be destroyed by the invading army of a powerful ruler(ROMANS).

THE TEMPLE DESTROYED BY ROMANS 70YEARS AFTER DEATH OF JESUS.

the AWFUL HORROR WILL BE PLACED ON THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE TEMPLE UNTIL THE ONE WHO PUT IT THERE MEETS HIS END!!!

NOW LETS SKIP TO NEW TESTAMENT;

Matthew 24:1-25

Good News Translation (GNT)
Matthew 24
Jesus Speaks of the Destruction of the Temple(, ; , )
1 Jesus left and was going away from the Temple when his disciples came to him to call his attention to its buildings.2
Yes, he said,
you may well look at all these. I tell you this: not a single stone here will be left in its place; every one of them will be thrown down.
Troubles and Persecutions(; )
3 As Jesus sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him in private.
Tell us when all this will be, they asked,
and what will happen to show that it is the time for your coming and the end of the age.

4 Jesus answered,
Watch out, and do not let anyone fool you.5 Many men, claiming to speak for me, will come and say,
I am the Messiah! and they will fool many people.6 You are going to hear the noise of battles close by and the news of battles far away; but do not be troubled. Such things must happen, but they do not mean that the end has come.7 Countries will fight each other; kingdoms will attack one another. There will be famines and earthquakes everywhere.8 All these things are like the first pains of childbirth.

9 Then you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and be put to death. Everyone will hate you because of me.10 Many will give up their faith at that time; they will betray one another and hate one another.11 Then many false prophets will appear and fool many people.12 Such will be the spread of evil that many people's love will grow cold.13 But whoever holds out to the end will be saved.14 And this Good News about the Kingdom will be preached through all the world for a witness to all people; and then the end will come.
The Awful Horror(; )
You will see
THE AWFUL HORROR of which the prophet Daniel spoke. It will be standing in the holy place. (Note to the reader: understand what this means!)16 Then those who are in Judea must run away to the hills.17 Someone who is on the roof of a house must not take the time to go down and get any belongings from the house.18 Someone who is in the field must not go back to get a cloak.19 How terrible it will be in those days for women who are pregnant and for mothers with little babies!20 Pray to God that you will not have to run away during the winter or on a Sabbath!21 For the trouble at that time will be far more terrible than any there has ever been, from the beginning of the world to this very day. Nor will there ever be anything like it again.22 But God has already reduced the number of days; had he not done so, nobody would survive. For the sake of his chosen people, however, God will reduce the days.

23 Then, if anyone says to you,
Look, here is the Messiah! or
There he is!'—do not believe it.24 For false Messiahs and false prophets will appear; they will perform great miracles and wonders in order to deceive even God's chosen people, if possible.25 Listen! I have told you this ahead of time.

THESE WAS THE REVELATION spoken by JESUS.

now the most terrifying happenings is the CONSTRUCTION OF THE DOME OF THE ROCK(islam's church THE MOSQUE) that is built right at the center of the HOLY PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ASK READERS CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS ALIKE TO STUDY THIS SCRIPTURES. READ IT AGAIN AND AGAIN EVERYDAY UNTIL YOU COME UP INTO CONCLUSION AND ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS,

IS THIS A COINCIDENCE? IS IT NEAR TRUTH OR JUST A LIE?

IS TS MISINTERPRETED THE PROPHECY? IS TS DO IT ON PURPOSE?

TS SAID " I LOVE BRAINSTORMING".........;);):)

Dome of the Rock

The Dome of the Rock SITS ATOP THE SITE OF THE SECOND TEMPLE, which was destroyed by Romans in 70 BC. Its impressive gold dome dominates the skyline of the Old City. As Temple Mount in Jerusalem (also known as the Noble Sanctuary), it is a sacred shrine to Muslims, who believe that the rock sheltered by the Dome in Jerusalem marks the spot where the Prophet Mohammed ascended to heaven in the company of the angel Gabriel.

It is the destruction of the Second Temple that the Jewish people lament when they pray at the Wailing Wall, or Western Wall, and the rock also marks the spot where Jews believe Abraham was prepared to sacrifice his son Isaac. Because this site is of such importance to two great religions, there has been controversy between them over the centuries since the Dome of the Rock was completed in 691 AD, making it the oldest Islamic monument in the world. Christians also believe that Temple Mount in Jerusalem this is the site of the biblical Temple of Solomon, and the Knights Templar headquartered here during the Crusades. Later Christian churches, especially the Byzantine churches of Italy and Syria, were patterned on its design.

Also within the walls of what was believed to be the Jewish temple and adjoining Temple Mount in Jerusalem is the Al Aqsa Mosque, the third holiest mosque in Islam. The two holiest mosques are the Kaaba in Mecca and the Mosque of the Prophet in Medina—both located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

The exterior of the Dome of the Rock was adorned with beautiful multicolored Iznik tiles (pottery from Turkey) by Suleiman the Magnificent in 1545. The lower half of the exterior is gleaming white marble. The great Dome in Jerusalem is colored a striking gold. It was originally actually made of pure gold from melted down coins, but was replaced by copper and then aluminum that was later gold plated. The gleaming gold plating was made possible with a donation from the late King Hussein of Jordan during extensive restoration (that included the tiles on the exterior) from 1956 to 1962.

The interior of the Dome in Jerusalem is called its cupola, and is covered with elaborate red and gold floral decorations. Mosaics inside also depicts plants and other vegetation, creating a lush garden feel, as well as representations of jewels, crowns, and necklaces. This is because it is forbidden by Muslim law to depict living beings in art. Also inside is a small, flat mirab. A mirab can be found in all holy Islamic structures. It is a niche that shows the to Mecca, the direction Muslims must face when they pray. This mirah dates to the original shrine, and is the oldest mirab in the Islamic world.

The Temple Mount in Jerusalem is owned and maintained by the Ministry of Awaqaf in Jordan. Non-Muslims were forbidden to enter the area until the mid-nineteenth century. During Jordanian rule, Jews were forbidden. After the 1967 Six Day War non-Muslims are allowed limited access, but not on Fridays, Saturdays, or Muslim holidays. Non-Muslims religious prayers and demonstrations of faith are forbidden. Non-Muslims may not enter the Al Aqsa Mosque or other mosques in the Old City. Strict security screening also prevents Hebrew prayer books and musical instruments.

Last edited:
I'm on my personal study of the book of Daniel. And I found it to be a happy foretelling of the future.

daniel.jpg

I'm using this book for my personal study. Do you want to have one?

Ts is a mechanical engineer and is in the field for more than 7years now but what is funny for him is he study personally the bible all his life rather than focus on his
mechanical career....;);):)

sigurado na ba yang hula na yan TS?
kasi pagkakaalam ko ang JW mahilig sa end of days prophecy,
at may mga prophecy na sabi nyo ayon sa bibliya ay
ganto pero di naman nangyari.

ayon nabasa oh baka mali lang yong source ko...

meron akong quran di ko pa lang tapos basahin. bili ka rin ng bible para patas ang laban.....

paano kaya naisulat ng bible to mathed? dome of the rock kasi katuparan ng hula eh!!!!

e-challenge nalang kaya natin authenticity ng bible baka gawa-gawa lang ito?;)

>>>We are very interested in the fulfillment of every prophecy. Para sa iba, hindi pa raw natutupad ang mga hula. Tama nga naman, pero karamihan ngayon sa mga hula ng Bibliya ay umaarangkada na. The Bible is not just a book for learning but also of warning.

>>>We are very interested in the fulfillment of every prophecy. Para sa iba, hindi pa raw natutupad ang mga hula. Tama nga naman, pero karamihan ngayon sa mga hula ng Bibliya ay umaarangkada na. The Bible is not just a book for learning but also of warning.

yup diel go lang tayo ng go;):)

just updating so that you too will study the scripture:);)

i have to update it everyday ka-sb;)good morning

The First Part of Daniel’s
Vision Explained
“I am come to shew thee; for thou are greatly beloved: therefore
understand the matter, and consider the vision” (Daniel 9:23).
“There was one important point in the vision of chapter 8 which
had been left unexplained, namely, that relating to time—the period
of the 2300 days; therefore the angel, in resuming his explanation,
dwells chiefly upon the subject of time.”—The Great Controversy, p. 325.
Suggested Reading: Ibid., pp. 324–328.
Sunday June 12
1. DANIEL TRIES TO UNDERSTAND THE VISION
a. What happened to Daniel before the angel Gabriel could finish
explaining the 2300 prophetic days in connection with the little
horn causing desolation and treading the sanctuary underfoot?
Daniel 8:25–27.
b. After the departure of Gabriel, what was Daniel’s great concern?
What answer was he trying to find in the prophetic writings of
Jeremiah? What was the burden of his prayers? Daniel 9:2, 17–19.
c. What should we learn from Daniel’s attitude in approaching the
Almighty with his supplication? Daniel 9:3–11.
“Come now, while mercy lingers; come with confession, come
with contrition of soul, and God will abundantly pardon. . . .
“Wait in deep humiliation before God. From this hour resolve to
be the Lord’s, doing your whole duty, trusting implicitly in the great
atonement. Do this and you will have nothing to fear.”—Testimonies,
vol. 5, p. 353.
62 Sabbath Bible Lessons, April–June, 2011

Monday June 13
2. GABRIEL RETURNS TO EXPLAIN THE VISION
a. How did God respond to Daniel’s prayer of contrition? Daniel
9:20, 21.
b. Since Gabriel explained only part of the vision (Daniel 8:11–14,
25, 26), for what purpose did he return? Daniel 9:22, 23.
“The angel had been sent to Daniel for the express purpose of
explaining to him the point which he had failed to understand in the
vision of the eighth chapter, the statement relative to time—‘unto
two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be
cleansed’ (Daniel 8:14).”—The Great Controversy, p. 326.
c. How did Gabriel explain the first part of the 2300 prophetic
days? Daniel 9:24.
“After bidding Daniel ‘understand the matter, and consider the
vision,’ the very first words of the angel are: ‘Seventy weeks are determined
upon thy people and upon thy Holy City’ (Daniel 9:23, 24).
The word here translated ‘determined’ literally signifies ‘cut off.’
Seventy weeks, representing 490 years, are declared by the angel to be
cut off, as specially pertaining to the Jews. But from what were they
cut off? As the 2300 days was the only period of time mentioned in
chapter 8, it must be the period from which the seventy weeks were
cut off; the seventy weeks must therefore be a part of the 2300 days,
and the two periods must begin together. The seventy weeks were
declared by the angel to date from the going forth of the commandment
to restore and build Jerusalem. If the date of this commandment
could be found, then the starting point for the great period of
the 2300 days would be ascertained.
“In the seventh chapter of Ezra the decree is found. (Verses 12–26).
In its completest form it was issued by Artaxerxes, king of Persia, 457 B.C.
But in Ezra 6:14 the house of the Lord at Jerusalem is said to have been
built ‘according to the commandment [‘decree,’ margin] of Cyrus, and
Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia.’ These three kings, in originating,
reaffirming, and completing the decree, brought it to the perfection
required by the prophecy to mark the beginning of the 2300 years.
Taking 457 B.C., the time when the decree was completed, as the date of
the commandment, every specification of the prophecy concerning the
seventy weeks was seen to have been fulfilled.”—Ibid., pp. 326, 327.
Sabbath Bible Lessons, Vol. 87, No. 2 63
Tuesday June 14
3. KEY PROPHECIES FULFILLED
a. How did God’s messenger divide the seventy prophetic years in
the vision given to Daniel? Daniel 9:25.
“The decree of Artaxerxes went into effect in the autumn of 457
B.C. From this date [69 prophetic weeks or], 483 years extend to the
autumn of A.D. 27. . . . At that time this prophecy was fulfilled. The
word ‘Messiah’ signifies ‘the Anointed One.’ In the autumn of A.D. 27
Christ was baptized by John and received the anointing of the Spirit.
The apostle Peter testifies that ‘God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the
Holy Ghost and with power’ (Acts 10:38).”—The Great Controversy, p. 327.
b. How did the angel explain the last prophetic week of the 490
years allotted to the Jewish people? Daniel 9:27 (first part).
“‘And He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week’
(Daniel 9:27). The ‘week’ here brought to view is the last one of the
seventy; it is the last seven years of the period allotted especially to
the Jews. During this time, extending from A.D. 27 to A.D. 34, Christ,
at first in person and afterward by His disciples, extended the gospel
invitation especially to the Jews. As the apostles went forth with the
good tidings of the kingdom, the Saviour’s direction was: ‘Go not into
the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye
not: but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel’ (Matthew
10:5, 6).”—Ibid.
c. What happened in the middle of the last prophetic week? Daniel
9:27 (middle part).
“‘In the midst of the week He shall cause the sacrifice and the
oblation to cease’ (Daniel 9:27). In A.D. 31, three and a half years after
His baptism, our Lord was crucified. With the great sacrifice offered
upon Calvary, ended that system of offerings which for four thousand
years had pointed forward to the Lamb of God. Type had met
antitype, and all the sacrifices and oblations of the ceremonial system
were there to cease.”—Ibid., pp. 327, 328.
64 Sabbath Bible Lessons, April–June, 2011
Wednesday June 15
4. THE SEVENTY WEEKS CONCLUDED
a. What happened at the end of the last prophetic week? Acts 7:59,
60; 8:1–5; 13:46, 47; 22:21.
“The seventy weeks, or 490 years, especially allotted to the Jews,
ended, as we have seen, in A.D. 34. At that time, through the action
of the Jewish Sanhedrin, the nation sealed its rejection of the gospel
by the martyrdom of Stephen and the persecution of the followers of
Christ. Then the message of salvation, no longer restricted to the chosen
people, was given to the world.”—The Great Controversy, p. 328.
b. After the seventy prophetic weeks of years ended in 34 AD, what
happened to the city of Jerusalem and to the temple? Daniel 9:26,
27; Matthew 24:15, 16, 1, 2.
“Both the city and the temple were razed to their foundations, and
the ground upon which the holy house had stood was ‘plowed like a
field’ (Jeremiah 26:18). In the siege and the slaughter that followed,
more than a million of the people perished; the survivors were carried
away as captives, sold as slaves, dragged to Rome to grace the conqueror’s
triumph, thrown to wild beasts in the amphitheaters, or scattered
as homeless wanderers throughout the earth.”—Ibid., p. 35.
c. What responsibility did the Jews of Jesus’ day take upon themselves
by shouting, “His blood be on us and on our children?”
Matthew 27:25.
“Looking upon the smitten Lamb of God, the Jews had cried, ‘His
blood be on us, and on our children’ (Matthew 27:25). That awful cry
ascended to the throne of God. That sentence, pronounced upon
themselves, was written in heaven. That prayer was heard. The blood
of the Son of God was upon their children and their children’s children,
a perpetual curse.
“Terribly was it realized in the destruction of Jerusalem. Terribly
has it been manifested in the condition of the Jewish nation.”—The
Desire of Ages, p. 739.
Sabbath Bible Lessons, Vol. 87, No. 2 65
Thursday June 16
5. EARNEST SEEKERS REWARDED
a. What did the angel of the Lord say about the 2,300 days? Daniel
8:26. How did the Advent pioneers find the end of the 2300
prophetic days in 1844? What lesson can we gain from this experience?
Deuteronomy 4:29; 29:29; John 7:17.
“Thus far every specification of the prophecies is strikingly fulfilled,
and the beginning of the seventy weeks is fixed beyond question
at 457 B.C., and their expiration in A.D 34. From this data there is
no difficulty in finding the termination of the 2300 days. The seventy
weeks–490 days–having been cut off from the 2300, there were
1810 days remaining. After the end of 490 days, the 1810 days were
still to be fulfilled. From A.D. 34, 1810 years extend to 1844.
Consequently the 2300 days of Daniel 8:14 terminate in 1844. At the
expiration of this great prophetic period, upon the testimony of the
angel of God, ‘the sanctuary shall be cleansed’ (Daniel 8:14).”—The
Great Controversy, p. 328.
“[Christ] will make plain His word to all who seek Him in sincerity
of heart. Those who study the word of God with hearts open to
the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit, will not remain in darkness as
to the meaning of the word. [John 7:17, RV quoted.] All who come to
Christ for a clearer knowledge of the truth will receive it. He will
unfold to them the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, and these
mysteries will be understood by the heart that longs to know the
truth.”—Christ’s Object Lessons, p. 36.

Monday June 13
2. GABRIEL RETURNS TO EXPLAIN THE VISION
a. How did God respond to Daniel’s prayer of contrition? Daniel
9:20, 21.
b. Since Gabriel explained only part of the vision (Daniel 8:11–14,
25, 26), for what purpose did he return? Daniel 9:22, 23.
“The angel had been sent to Daniel for the express purpose of
explaining to him the point which he had failed to understand in the
vision of the eighth chapter, the statement relative to time—‘unto
two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be
cleansed’ (Daniel 8:14).”—The Great Controversy, p. 326.
c. How did Gabriel explain the first part of the 2300 prophetic
days? Daniel 9:24.
“After bidding Daniel ‘understand the matter, and consider the
vision,’ the very first words of the angel are: ‘Seventy weeks are determined
upon thy people and upon thy Holy City’ (Daniel 9:23, 24).
The word here translated ‘determined’ literally signifies ‘cut off.’
Seventy weeks, representing 490 years, are declared by the angel to be
cut off, as specially pertaining to the Jews. But from what were they
cut off? As the 2300 days was the only period of time mentioned in
chapter 8, it must be the period from which the seventy weeks were
cut off; the seventy weeks must therefore be a part of the 2300 days,
and the two periods must begin together. The seventy weeks were
declared by the angel to date from the going forth of the commandment
to restore and build Jerusalem. If the date of this commandment
could be found, then the starting point for the great period of
the 2300 days would be ascertained.
“In the seventh chapter of Ezra the decree is found. (Verses 12–26).
In its completest form it was issued by Artaxerxes, king of Persia, 457 B.C.
But in Ezra 6:14 the house of the Lord at Jerusalem is said to have been
built ‘according to the commandment [‘decree,’ margin] of Cyrus, and
Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia.’ These three kings, in originating,
reaffirming, and completing the decree, brought it to the perfection
required by the prophecy to mark the beginning of the 2300 years.
Taking 457 B.C., the time when the decree was completed, as the date of
the commandment, every specification of the prophecy concerning the
seventy weeks was seen to have been fulfilled.”—Ibid., pp. 326, 327.
Sabbath Bible Lessons, Vol. 87, No. 2 63
Tuesday June 14
3. KEY PROPHECIES FULFILLED
a. How did God’s messenger divide the seventy prophetic years in
the vision given to Daniel? Daniel 9:25.
“The decree of Artaxerxes went into effect in the autumn of 457
B.C. From this date [69 prophetic weeks or], 483 years extend to the
autumn of A.D. 27. . . . At that time this prophecy was fulfilled. The
word ‘Messiah’ signifies ‘the Anointed One.’ In the autumn of A.D. 27
Christ was baptized by John and received the anointing of the Spirit.
The apostle Peter testifies that ‘God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the
Holy Ghost and with power’ (Acts 10:38).”—The Great Controversy, p. 327.
b. How did the angel explain the last prophetic week of the 490
years allotted to the Jewish people? Daniel 9:27 (first part).
“‘And He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week’
(Daniel 9:27). The ‘week’ here brought to view is the last one of the
seventy; it is the last seven years of the period allotted especially to
the Jews. During this time, extending from A.D. 27 to A.D. 34, Christ,
at first in person and afterward by His disciples, extended the gospel
invitation especially to the Jews. As the apostles went forth with the
good tidings of the kingdom, the Saviour’s direction was: ‘Go not into
the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye
not: but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel’ (Matthew
10:5, 6).”—Ibid.
c. What happened in the middle of the last prophetic week? Daniel
9:27 (middle part).
“‘In the midst of the week He shall cause the sacrifice and the
oblation to cease’ (Daniel 9:27). In A.D. 31, three and a half years after
His baptism, our Lord was crucified. With the great sacrifice offered
upon Calvary, ended that system of offerings which for four thousand
years had pointed forward to the Lamb of God. Type had met
antitype, and all the sacrifices and oblations of the ceremonial system
were there to cease.”—Ibid., pp. 327, 328.
64 Sabbath Bible Lessons, April–June, 2011
Wednesday June 15
4. THE SEVENTY WEEKS CONCLUDED
a. What happened at the end of the last prophetic week? Acts 7:59,
60; 8:1–5; 13:46, 47; 22:21.
“The seventy weeks, or 490 years, especially allotted to the Jews,
ended, as we have seen, in A.D. 34. At that time, through the action
of the Jewish Sanhedrin, the nation sealed its rejection of the gospel
by the martyrdom of Stephen and the persecution of the followers of
Christ. Then the message of salvation, no longer restricted to the chosen
people, was given to the world.”—The Great Controversy, p. 328.
b. After the seventy prophetic weeks of years ended in 34 AD, what
happened to the city of Jerusalem and to the temple? Daniel 9:26,
27; Matthew 24:15, 16, 1, 2.
“Both the city and the temple were razed to their foundations, and
the ground upon which the holy house had stood was ‘plowed like a
field’ (Jeremiah 26:18). In the siege and the slaughter that followed,
more than a million of the people perished; the survivors were carried
away as captives, sold as slaves, dragged to Rome to grace the conqueror’s
triumph, thrown to wild beasts in the amphitheaters, or scattered
as homeless wanderers throughout the earth.”—Ibid., p. 35.
c. What responsibility did the Jews of Jesus’ day take upon themselves
by shouting, “His blood be on us and on our children?”
Matthew 27:25.
“Looking upon the smitten Lamb of God, the Jews had cried, ‘His
blood be on us, and on our children’ (Matthew 27:25). That awful cry
ascended to the throne of God. That sentence, pronounced upon
themselves, was written in heaven. That prayer was heard. The blood
of the Son of God was upon their children and their children’s children,
a perpetual curse.
“Terribly was it realized in the destruction of Jerusalem. Terribly
has it been manifested in the condition of the Jewish nation.”—The
Desire of Ages, p. 739.
Sabbath Bible Lessons, Vol. 87, No. 2 65
Thursday June 16
5. EARNEST SEEKERS REWARDED
a. What did the angel of the Lord say about the 2,300 days? Daniel
8:26. How did the Advent pioneers find the end of the 2300
prophetic days in 1844? What lesson can we gain from this experience?
Deuteronomy 4:29; 29:29; John 7:17.
“Thus far every specification of the prophecies is strikingly fulfilled,
and the beginning of the seventy weeks is fixed beyond question
at 457 B.C., and their expiration in A.D 34. From this data there is
no difficulty in finding the termination of the 2300 days. The seventy
weeks–490 days–having been cut off from the 2300, there were
1810 days remaining. After the end of 490 days, the 1810 days were
still to be fulfilled. From A.D. 34, 1810 years extend to 1844.
Consequently the 2300 days of Daniel 8:14 terminate in 1844. At the
expiration of this great prophetic period, upon the testimony of the
angel of God, ‘the sanctuary shall be cleansed’ (Daniel 8:14).”—The
Great Controversy, p. 328.
“[Christ] will make plain His word to all who seek Him in sincerity
of heart. Those who study the word of God with hearts open to
the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit, will not remain in darkness as
to the meaning of the word. [John 7:17, RV quoted.] All who come to
Christ for a clearer knowledge of the truth will receive it. He will
unfold to them the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, and these
mysteries will be understood by the heart that longs to know the
truth.”—Christ’s Object Lessons, p. 36.

salamat;) wala na bang idadagdag pa dito? wala din ba kayong paliwanag about sa dome of the rock?:)

Back
Top Bottom