Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[GUIDE][ROOT][CWM] Starmobile PLAY Club

Skyrai

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
How to Root and Install ClockworkMod-based Recovery on Starmobile PLAY Club

Starmobile PLAY Club General Specs
General Specs found under Settings -> About PLAY Club -> General Specs

View attachment 210152View attachment 210153View attachment 210154

Requirements:

WARNING:
Before proceeding, please make sure you have made a stock ROM backup just in-case something goes wrong. I do not, and wouldn't take responsibilities for what might happen afterwards. Do it at your own risk.

Advanced Users Instructions
1. Flash PhilZ Touch Recovery using SP Flash Tool on Starmobile PLAY Club
2. Flash SuperSU through PhilZ Touch Recovery

Instructions
  1. Download and install "MT65XX VCOM Preloader Drivers". This will serve as our drivers for SP Flash Tool.
  2. Download and extract "SP Flash Tool". Open up "flash_tool.exe".
    View attachment 210146
  3. Click "Scatter-loading", and locate the "MT6572_Android_scatter.txt" (Starmobile PLAY Club scatter file for SP Flash Tool).
    View attachment 210148
  4. Untick all checkboxes and tick Recovery, then double click the blank location cell (enclosed in red box).
    View attachment 210149
  5. Locate the "PhilZ Touch Recovery (CWM-based recovery image)" and click "Open".
    View attachment 210150
  6. Now, make sure the drop-down box is set to "Download Only" (enclosed in blue box), then click "Download" (enclosed in red box).
    View attachment 210151
  7. Turn off your phone, then remove the battery. Afterwards, plug the USB cable to the computer.
  8. Wait for the flashing process to be completed, then boot to Recovery (press Volume UP + Power button simultaneously while the device is off).
  9. On recovery, select Install ZIP, then Choose zip from /sdcard or /storage/sdcard1, then locate the SuperSU installable-ZIP package. Use the physical keys. I can't get touch to work properly because of the flipped screen.
  10. Congratulations, your Starmobile PLAY Club is now rooted and has CWM-based recovery installed on it.

Root Checker Basic and PhilZ Touch Recovery (CWM 6.0.5.1)
Here's a screenshot of my Starmobile PLAY Club running Root Checker Basic and PhilZ Touch Recovery (CWM 6.0.5.1):

View attachment 210155View attachment 210156

FAQs
Q: Why don't you just use one-click rooting apps like Framaroot, vRoot, iRoot, KingoRoot, Root Genius and etc?
A: All of them doesn't work. Also, I don't trust vRoot, iRoot, KingoRoot and Root Genius. Not one bit, even if it works. Adware reasons. The only thing I've trusted are Framaroot and towelroot.

Q: Touch doesn't work properly on PhilZ Touch Recovery?
A: I can't get it to work properly. You can use the physical keys and disable it on the Recovery settings.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_2015-04-05-00-37-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-05-00-37-29.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_2015-04-05-00-37-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-05-00-37-40.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_2015-04-05-00-37-45.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-05-00-37-45.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2015-04-05-00-34-47[1].png
    Screenshot_2015-04-05-00-34-47[1].png
    111.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_4792.JPG
    100_4792.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
How to Root and Install ClockworkMod-based Recovery on Starmobile PLAY Club

Starmobile PLAY Club General Specs
General Specs found under Settings -> About PLAY Club -> General Specs

View attachment 1020897View attachment 1020900View attachment 1020901

Requirements:

WARNING:
Before proceeding, please make sure you have made a stock ROM backup just in-case something goes wrong. I do not, and wouldn't take responsibilities for what might happen afterwards. Do it at your own risk.

Advanced Users Instructions
1. Flash PhilZ Touch Recovery using SP Flash Tool on Starmobile PLAY Club
2. Flash SuperSU through PhilZ Touch Recovery

Instructions
  1. Download and install "MT65XX VCOM Preloader Drivers". This will serve as our drivers for SP Flash Tool.
  2. Download and extract "SP Flash Tool". Open up "flash_tool.exe".
    View attachment 1020891
  3. Click "Scatter-loading", and locate the "MT6572_Android_scatter.txt" (Starmobile PLAY Club scatter file for SP Flash Tool).
    View attachment 1020893
  4. Untick all checkboxes and tick Recovery, then double click the blank location cell (enclosed in red box).
    View attachment 1020894
  5. Locate the "PhilZ Touch Recovery (CWM-based recovery image)" and click "Open".
    View attachment 1020895
  6. Now, make sure the drop-down box is set to "Download Only" (enclosed in blue box), then click "Download" (enclosed in red box).
    View attachment 1020896
  7. Turn off your phone, then remove the battery. Afterwards, plug the USB cable to the computer.
  8. Wait for the flashing process to be completed, then boot to Recovery (press Volume UP + Power button simultaneously while the device is off).
  9. On recovery, select Install ZIP, then Choose zip from /sdcard or /storage/sdcard1, then locate the SuperSU installable-ZIP package. Use the physical keys. I can't get touch to work properly because of the flipped screen.
  10. Congratulations, your Starmobile PLAY Club is now rooted and has CWM-based recovery installed on it.

Root Checker Basic and PhilZ Touch Recovery (CWM 6.0.5.1)
Here's a screenshot of my Starmobile PLAY Club running Root Checker Basic and PhilZ Touch Recovery (CWM 6.0.5.1):

View attachment 1020902View attachment 1020903

FAQs
Q: Why don't you just use one-click rooting apps like Framaroot, vRoot, iRoot, KingoRoot, Root Genius and etc?
A: All of them doesn't work. Also, I don't trust vRoot, iRoot, KingoRoot and Root Genius. Not one bit, even if it works. Adware reasons. The only thing I've trusted are Framaroot and towelroot.

Q: Touch doesn't work properly on PhilZ Touch Recovery?
A: I can't get it to work properly. You can use the physical keys and disable it on the Recovery settings.
dimaintindihan pwede po pakiulit dito nagworksaken ng flash lang screenng fone ko

dimaintindihan pwede po pakiulit dito nagworksaken ng flash lang screenng fone ko

Sorry sa late reply haha. Anong step number ba hindi mo naiintindihan?

Ayos! Gumana sakin. Salamat! :thumbsup:

May tanong pala ako, nakakaranas ba kayo ng memory leak sa Starmobile PLAY Club nyo? Nag-install kasi ako ng logcat para makita yung cause kung bakit medyo mabagal at mabilis maubos ang battery. Yung garbage collect (dalvikvm) paulit-ulit nag-eexecute. Na-experience nyo na ba ito?

pano ung sa scatter loading wala namang download, kung save as text ko naman di nababasa ng flashtool nagcracrash

sir help po pano po mag open line naka lock ko kc sa sun ayw po gumana ng 3g thnx in advnce

sir may stock rom ka po ba ung flashable via spft? thanks

Back
Top Bottom