Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

Re: How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar b

ok thanks sa feedback sa china-made inverters, tumatagal din pala ng 3 years, parang ayus na din,

salamat sir ,,,, may pag-iipunan na ko

cool to be a solar user din ako ;)

Result of the testing:
June 23-24, 2014: I connected the 350W pure sine wave inverter to a fully charged 100Ah motolite solar master and run it continuously with a load of 83 watts from 8:30AM to 2:30PM (6 hours)... output voltage 220VAC is very stable, the cooling fan is always running; external shell of the inverter is NOT even warm to the touch; very significant increase in battery runtime (additional 2-3 hours) as compared to a cdr king 1000VA pure sine wave UPS/Inverter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tests sir tristan. My UNIVPO inverter also feels like that only that the fan only starts to function when the inverter reaches a certain temperature then shuts off again when it is cooled down. Just like a refrigerator with a thermostat. It is also equipped with a tone alarm(as per manual 'coz I have not experienced it yet) if it is over voltaged or reached the low voltage. I always use the inverter since I acquired it main loads are sony Led Tv(55w) sony ps3 console(230w) and sound system(110w). 395w total so I may just be good if I purchased the 500w which cost less! but nevertheless I can power my drills and hack saws when doing some DIY's so thats still a plus for me.
for madame here's the link to that seller at OLX he only has one(sad for him doesn't know to market his products or maybe has a lot of satisfied customers already and don't need to but I doubt he also has no feedbacks posted) ad but you can inquire a low wattage inverter if you like to. hope it helps in your adventure of searching for an inverter. http://members.olx.ph/sunburstenergysolution

additional info for everyone

when I play I prefer to flip the switch(panel to battery direct). I start online game with my console at 8-12 high noon(4hrs gameplay! enough for a day for me and its free:dance:) But monitors the weather condition and will reduce gameplay hours if, in my judgement an unfavorable condition will come in the later hours of the day. Thus utilizing the remaining hours to have my batts charged for use at night.

to summarize it all: its all up to us to manage the peak hours(10am-1-2pm) the free sun energy we have and with in that time period we have to use it at its max.......;)

Last edited:

Mga boss its uk lang po ba na nauulanan po yung solar panel. Tag.ulan na po kasi ngayun. Uk lang ba yun hindi ba masisira yung panel.? CD-R king po yung solar panel apat na tig 50watts.

uuy bumisita ulit si ma'am cherrymac... ok lang yan... yung sa akin nga since installation until now (going six months na) ayaw nang bumaba sa bubong... pansin ko nga tumataas pa ang voltage output kapag nau-ulanan kasi lumalamig at nalilinisan ang mga panels... cdrking din sa akin.

salamat sir ,,,, may pag-iipunan na ko
hehe, it worth it!
cool to be a solar user din ako ;)
great :thumbsup:

for madame here's the link to that seller at OLX he only has one(sad for him doesn't know to market his products or maybe has a lot of satisfied customers already and don't need to but I doubt he also has no feedbacks posted) ad but you can inquire a low wattage inverter if you like to. hope it helps in your adventure of searching for an inverter. http://members.olx.ph/sunburstenergysolution

Thanks for the link but I think I will pass... we "argued" yesterday with my husband about buying another inverter :rolleyes: and I must say he is right! The price does not worth the few amps we are supposed to save with a smaller inverter... Especially knowing that we never use more than 30% of our bat capacity :lol:

Mga boss its uk lang po ba na nauulanan po yung solar panel. Tag.ulan na po kasi ngayun. Uk lang ba yun hindi ba masisira yung panel.? CD-R king po yung solar panel apat na tig 50watts.

Hey Cherry, welcome back! Solar panels are made to be outside whatever the weather (sun, rain or even snow)! As said Tristan (I notice the same) the rain has its good sides as it cleans and cools down the panels... Me too, have cdr king panels and, up to now, never got any problem with the rain! Just be careful that all the connections are dry!

- - - Updated - - -

Good news for many Palawenos...

" Ayon sa JEDAG, nasa 149 barangays ang nasa off grid areas at mayroong namang 136 barangays na mayroong 62,661 na mga kabahayan ang natukoy bilang priority area na lalagyan ng Individual Solar Home System.

Mula sa nabanggit na bilang ay pipiliin ng JEDAG ang highest priority sites na siyang magiging benepisyaryo ng proyekto. Aabot sa 17,800 units na individual solar home systems na 25 watts ang kapasidad ng bawat yunit, ang ilalagay sa bawat kabahayan na interesado sa proyekto. Ang estimated cost ng programa ay P142M na popondohan ng Pamahalaang Panlalawigan ng Palawan.

Inaasahan na matatapos ang paglalagay ng solar home system pagsapit ng 2016."

It's only 25 watts but at least they will have light! They don't say how much it will cost to the people! I calculated that 1 unit costs 8000 pesos... mahal naman for a very small solar home system!!! I hope that once people will have this at home, they will decide to have more powerful solar setup (if they can afford it)!

Last edited:

Guys,

I plan to buy this weekend a 1,000watt Solar Pure Sine Wave Off Grid Inverter.

Paki tinging nga kung ok ba ang specs sa site na ito:

http://www.brightpower.ph/inverters.html

Sa Muntinglupa City ang office nila.

^

nakabili na ko sa kanila(lukaz or lyka dizon) pina deliver ko, mc4 connectors at controller. yung inverter dapat bibili rin ako, kaso nakakuha na ko sa raon medyo mas mababa..

@bongbenitez:...hindi ko makita ang "Conversion efficiency" sa specs ng Off Grid Inverters.

"Conversion efficiency: This is a very important indicator of inverter. If the inverter efficiency is higher, it would mean longer battery run time and lower inverter heat. In general a good inverter should be in 80% to above 90% range."

No Load Current Draw: mas mababa, mas ok... bakit? example, <0.8A x 12 vdc = 9.6 watts = ito ang power consumption ng inverter kung wala pang load (naka-on pa lang siya)... very important especially if battery bank is small.

The pricing is very competitive... yung nabili ko na chinese branded kay ma'am jayrene ay 4.5K for a 350 watts pure sine wave inverter. ( efficiency 93%, Quiescent Current <0.5A). Tested ko na for 3 days now... halos na doble ang battery runtime as compared to an inverter with 70% efficiency).

Guys,

I plan to buy this weekend a 1,000watt Solar Pure Sine Wave Off Grid Inverter.

Paki tinging nga kung ok ba ang specs sa site na ito:

http://www.brightpower.ph/inverters.html

Sa Muntinglupa City ang office nila.

it seems ok: very good price for the specs... what about the warranty? if you buy it, please give us a review!

@ Tristan

Sir,

> Efficiency ......89%

Eto nakuha ko sa item post niya sa olx.
My batteries are 2 pcs 40ah batteries in parallel.
This is my second solar powered system.

I will visit the store this weekend.

@bongbenitez:...hindi ko makita ang "Conversion efficiency" sa specs ng Off Grid Inverters.

"Conversion efficiency: This is a very important indicator of inverter. If the inverter efficiency is higher, it would mean longer battery run time and lower inverter heat. In general a good inverter should be in 80% to above 90% range."

No Load Current Draw: mas mababa, mas ok... bakit? example, <0.8A x 12 vdc = 9.6 watts = ito ang power consumption ng inverter kung wala pang load (naka-on pa lang siya)... very important especially if battery bank is small.

The pricing is very competitive... yung nabili ko na chinese branded kay ma'am jayrene ay 4.5K for a 350 watts pure sine wave inverter. ( efficiency 93%, Quiescent Current <0.5A). Tested ko na for 3 days now... halos na doble ang battery runtime as compared to an inverter with 70% efficiency).

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Ma'm Awinahe,

I will visit his store this weekend and will give a review after use. I will ask also the Solar Installer for his opinion/observation once installed.

So far the items I bought from the seller - 150w mono solar panel, bulbs, mc4, etc. are all quality items.

The owner is a foreigner......medyo iintindihin mo ang english niya......hehe...
Yung major items niya parang siya mismo nag import from China.....nakita ko kasi ang box crates ng solar panel at naka address sa store niya.
Nakita ko din list niya of items sold to customers.....mukhang marami nang nabenta siya.....

Pag more than 1 item bilhin mo bigyan ka konting discount....may resibo pa.

Nagdeliver yan sa customers near his store ng 150w-200w solar panels using his Mini Cooper car.
Natawa sa akin noong tinanong ko kung kakasya sa van yung 150w panel.

Yung bulbs niya dito galing: www.solaric.com.ph - plastic not metal body.....mas efficient in my observation......dahil mas matagal ang night use kaysa sa metal body bulb. Pero hanggang 5w lang available.....gamit namin sa office ay 9w led 12v bulbs...

it seems ok: very good price for the specs... what about the warranty? if you buy it, please give us a review!

@bongbenitez:" ... My batteries are 2 pcs 40ah batteries in parallel. This is my second solar powered system."

malaki yata ang 1000watts inverter para sa 80Ah battery... sabagay may room for expansion ka na...

@bongbenitez:" ... My batteries are 2 pcs 40ah batteries in parallel. This is my second solar powered system."

malaki yata ang 1000watts inverter para sa 80Ah battery... sabagay may room for expansion ka na...

hehe, that's exactly what I was about to post... you read my mind :lol:

pa BM po .. thanks for sharing

^

nakabili na ko sa kanila(lukaz or lyka dizon) pina deliver ko, mc4 connectors at controller. yung inverter dapat bibili rin ako, kaso nakakuha na ko sa raon medyo mas mababa..

sir anung controller po binili nyo? yung lumiax na lcd? musta po ang performance? bago mawala ang araw ilang volts na ba ang battery? (yung d ka masyado gumamit ng load) thanks....;)

Hello Sir Tristan and Ma'm awinahe,

Tama kayo 80ah is small. This is my second solar powered system.....this is my back-up system. Try ko din max ang load ng inverter....
Later on pag masira na yang 80ah (these are old batteries).....I will buy another set of 240ah batteries or higher....as replacement.

Sabi ng Solar Installer.....he can string our LED monitors and the dsl modem/router in the office and get power from my second solar powered system.

I have another solar powered system (my first solar powered system) 240ah batteries...mppt controller..150w solar and soon to add another 150w solar panel.......diyan ko permanently lalagay yang inverter sa first set.

We have a small office in our house....mga 30 sq. meters lang with several employees......so during the day....the first solar powered system is used to power office lights and 12v fan (to help the aircon) ....
during night.....kitchen and perimeter lights around our compound. I will transfer the inverter in this set to power also one computer or laptops/printer/fans in case of brownouts.

So at the moment my second set is really a back-up for my first set. Parang doomsday prepper ba ? :-)

May third set din ako. he-he...a smaller one.
10ah battery with solar controller and 2 pcs 20watts solar panel in parallel. 2pm pa lang puno na 10ah battery.
This set is used as night lights in our bedroom and light in balcony....
I will replace the battery temporarily with a 70ah old car battery that is just lying around.

I know I have excess capacity now......but it will meet all night lighting requirements in our house when we wire all rooms with solar bulbs.

Solar set building is my hobby for the moment....although expensive :-(

pa dl boss sa hand book thanks :)

Hello Sir Tristan and Ma'm awinahe,
Tama kayo 80ah is small. This is my second solar powered system.....this is my back-up system. Try ko din max ang load ng inverter....
Later on pag masira na yang 80ah (these are old batteries).....I will buy another set of 240ah batteries or higher....as replacement.

Sabi ng Solar Installer.....he can string our LED monitors and the dsl modem/router in the office and get power from my second solar powered system.

I have another solar powered system (my first solar powered system) 240ah batteries...mppt controller..150w solar and soon to add another 150w solar panel.......diyan ko permanently lalagay yang inverter sa first set.

We have a small office in our house....mga 30 sq. meters lang with several employees......so during the day....the first solar powered system is used to power office lights and 12v fan (to help the aircon) ....
during night.....kitchen and perimeter lights around our compound. I will transfer the inverter in this set to power also one computer or laptops/printer/fans in case of brownouts.

So at the moment my second set is really a back-up for my first set. Parang doomsday prepper ba ? :-)

May third set din ako. he-he...a smaller one.
10ah battery with solar controller and 2 pcs 20watts solar panel in parallel. 2pm pa lang puno na 10ah battery.
This set is used as night lights in our bedroom and light in balcony....
I will replace the battery temporarily with a 70ah old car battery that is just lying around.

I know I have excess capacity now......but it will meet all night lighting requirements in our house when we wire all rooms with solar bulbs.

Solar set building is my hobby for the moment....although expensive :-(
That's great :thumbsup: maybe not for your wallet but a lot better to use your money for solar power than to gamble :rofl:

pa BM po .. thanks for sharing
pa dl boss sa hand book thanks :)
:welcome:

sir anung controller po binili nyo? yung lumiax na lcd? musta po ang performance? bago mawala ang araw ilang volts na ba ang battery? (yung d ka masyado gumamit ng load) thanks....;)

oo yung lumiax max w/ lcd 20 amp 12.9v (100ah bat 180w panels) yung pag wala ng araw. kaso medyo hindi accurate yung percentage(%) nya. pero ok naman... pero mas ok parin sakin yung LED indicator... sa gabi kita parin...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom