Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

Re: How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar b

... here's the latest news on solar energy generation in the philiipines...

DOE launches guide for use of RE systems

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2014/03/22/doe-launches-guide-use-re-systems-334407
By Princess Dawn H. Felicitas
sunstar.com, Cebu City, Saturday, March 22, 2014

THE Department of Energy (DOE) has come up with guidelines on how power consumers can produce renewable energy and sell it to distribution utilities.

For instance, if the consumer with renewable energy system is able to supply P500 worth of power to the distribution utility, the amount is deducted from his monthly bill.

dito na po papasok yung micro-inverter, sana maging available na sa market.

Last edited:

that's good news... a first step, I just hope that they will reduce the list of requirements for households. I saw before, I forgot where, that the requirements were impossible to manage for ordinary people... but if, at least, some companies can do it, it will be less pollution and a start for a wider implementation for everybody :thumbsup:

Maraming salamat..malaki tulong ito samin lalo na dito sa tacloban.binayo kmi ng bagyong yolanda...kip it up ts....God bless.

Maraming salamat..malaki tulong ito samin lalo na dito sa tacloban.binayo kmi ng bagyong yolanda...kip it up ts....God bless.
Many thanks to you for passing by...I hope that the situation in Tacloban will be brighter soon... keep hope alive!

anung brand ng battery nyo?

hindi ko alam kung anu bibilin ko. yung maliit vrla/sealed lead acid o solarmaster ng motolite or ok din ba yung cdrking solar battery?

anung brand ng battery nyo?

hindi ko alam kung anu bibilin ko. yung maliit vrla/sealed lead acid o solarmaster ng motolite or ok din ba yung cdrking solar battery?
Solar Master ng Motolite or if you find Trojan battery: pinaka maganda pero pinaka mahal ;)

parang may nakita akong buy one take one sa motolite sa may makati, tanong ko kung kasama solarmaster nila...:salute:

parang may nakita akong buy one take one sa motolite sa may makati, tanong ko kung kasama solarmaster nila...:salute:

pag solarmaster din swerte ka!!!

update:

wala daw sila solar master, puro pang kotse.:upset:

update:

wala daw sila solar master, puro pang kotse.:upset:

sayang... check sa ibang motolite shop...

Gusto ko po sana eto gawing project sa bahay :D, pero di ko alam kung saan ako mag sisimula. :praise:

Gusto ko po sana eto gawing project sa bahay :D, pero di ko alam kung saan ako mag sisimula. :praise:

First you must know that, unless you have a big budget, you cannot run on solar everything in your house (especially ref, aircon, washing machine...)

So, the 1rst question is: what appliances do you want to power with solar and how many hours per day you want to use them?
you need to know how many watts is each appliance. So, for each appliance you need to know how many watts and how many hours per day you use it.

Once you know that you come back here for the second step!!!
The second step will be to compute how many batteries and solar panels you will need.... and also how many watts inverter and how many ampres will be your charge controller....

the third step will be to know if all the components needed will fit in your budget... if not, you will have to decide if you want to run only one or two things and we will have to compute again...

You can start with a small setup and then add when you have the budget for!

Hello TS, nasa unang page pa lang ako ng thread mo at gusto ko ng mag reply agad about sa nabasa na much better ang chest freezer kamo as compare to the two door ref?

Sa ngayon po kasi ganito ang ginagamit namin, meron kaming chest type freezer na yun ang ginagawang ref. Naka tengga lang yung ibang ref. What i understand is that mas mahal ang kuryente dahil freezer yung gamit. Are you saying sir na mas ok itong freezer kaysa two door ref?

Appreciate if you can explain more sir.

Thanks.

Hello TS, nasa unang page pa lang ako ng thread mo at gusto ko ng mag reply agad about sa nabasa na much better ang chest freezer kamo as compare to the two door ref?

Sa ngayon po kasi ganito ang ginagamit namin, meron kaming chest type freezer na yun ang ginagawang ref. Naka tengga lang yung ibang ref. What i understand is that mas mahal ang kuryente dahil freezer yung gamit. Are you saying sir na mas ok itong freezer kaysa two door ref?

Appreciate if you can explain more sir.

Thanks.

A chest freezer used as a regular chest freezer consumes more electricity than a ref because the temperature inside is very low to freeze the food, even if you put it at the highest temperature.

What I say is that using a timer with a chest freezer (to have your chest freezer working as a ref) is more efficient than to use a timer with a regular ref. The reason is that a chest freezer is a lot more insulated (average of 3 times more) than a regular ref, so it retains the cold a lot longer, therefore it does not need to run a lot to achieve a temperature equal to a ref temperature. If you have a chest freezer and want to use it as a ref with a timer, you can program a mechanical timer to run the chest only 15 minutes every 3 hours. Doing so, you will consume only 2 hours of electricity per day instead of 6 to 10 hours or even 12 (depends on the chest). If your chest freezer is a good one you can even run it only 15 minutes every 4 hours... So, using a chest freezer as ref with a timer (only 180 pesos sa cdr king) will allow you to save A LOT on your electricity bill... and the food inside is colder pa than in a regular ref!

The same can be achieved with a 2 door ref (a little bit less efficient than with a chest freezer) but still very good. That's what I have, since several years na, I use a timer with my ref (It runs 15 minutes every 2 hours). The 1rst month I use the timer, my bill went 30% down... since then I always use a timer and there is no problem for the ref or the food :thumbsup:

Last edited:

A chest freezer used as a regular chest freezer consumes more electricity than a ref because the temperature inside is very low to freeze the food, even if you put it at the highest temperature.

What I say is that using a timer with a chest freezer (to have your chest freezer working as a ref) is more efficient than to use a timer with a regular ref. The reason is that a chest freezer is a lot more insulated (average of 3 times more) than a regular ref, so it retains the cold a lot longer, therefore it does not need to run a lot to achieve a temperature equal to a ref temperature. If you have a chest freezer and want to use it as a ref with a timer, you can program a mechanical timer to run the chest only 15 minutes every 3 hours. Doing so, you will consume only 2 hours of electricity per day instead of 6 to 10 hours or even 12 (depends on the chest). If your chest freezer is a good one you can even run it only 15 minutes every 4 hours... So, using a chest freezer as ref with a timer (only 180 pesos sa cdr king) will allow you to save A LOT on your electricity bill... and the food inside is colder pa than in a regular ref!

The same can be achieve with a 2 door ref (a little bit less efficient than with a chest freezer) but still very good. That's what I have, since several years na, I use a timer with my ref (It runs 15 minutes every 2 hours). The 1rst month I use the timer, my bill went 30% down... since then I always use a timer and there is no problem for the ref or the food :thumbsup:

wow..cge TS, try ko ito at bili ako nung timer na sinasabi mo sa cdr king. also yung freezer ko may option to use as REF ung hindi cya mag yeyelo. Ang hinayang ko lang kasi e bukas ng bukas na para ring REF kaya sabi ko lalabas ng lalabas yung lamig.

Will experiment on this one.

Thanks TS.

wow..cge TS, try ko ito at bili ako nung timer na sinasabi mo sa cdr king. also yung freezer ko may option to use as REF ung hindi cya mag yeyelo. Ang hinayang ko lang kasi e bukas ng bukas na para ring REF kaya sabi ko lalabas ng lalabas yung lamig.

Will experiment on this one.

Thanks TS.

:welcome: and please, give some feedback from your experiments ha! :)

out of stock yung mga timer sa cdrking. :( sa may kalentong tsaka metropoint may stock 1 or 2 or wala. haha!

meron ako 2 timer nabili dati meron siyang 4 pins 2 on 2 off, gamit ko sa ilaw 6pm-12am auto on and off

pa bm muna TS.

out of stock yung mga timer sa cdrking. :( sa may kalentong tsaka metropoint may stock 1 or 2 or wala. haha!

meron ako 2 timer nabili dati meron siyang 4 pins 2 on 2 off, gamit ko sa ilaw 6pm-12am auto on and off

Depende sa branch... meron dito different kinds, sometimes out of stock din. you just have to go back time to time!

- - - Updated - - -

pa bm muna TS.

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback Tristan! Obviously the good thing with this power bank is that it does not consume a lot of electricity... now you have to tell me for how many hours it will last :lol:

This morning I bought a 300 watts cdr king inverter (680 pesos). I decided to give it a try with my laptop instead of using my big inverter when I don't have other appliances to run because my 1000 watts inverter/charger consumes some amperes that I rather use for something else!!

So, up to now, it works fine... no problem with my laptop... I will try with my led tv later. The only thing with this small inverter is that it is very noisy as its fan is always running! But it does not draw any amp (or so few that it not noticeable) from my battery bank, compare to my big inverter: when I turn it on, the voltage goes down right away even with no load.
So, I will not buy a power bank as I thought but will just use the small inverter :thumbsup:

Update: my small cdr king 300 watts inverter can run a small cheap ceiling fan but not good for led tv 32 ' 80 watts... it runs it but make a weird sound like it has a hard time to run... so I prefer to stop it nalang! Maybe a 500 watts will do.

Good morning ma'am, ganyan din po ang experience nung friend ko dito sa aurora, sa solve po nya ung noise using computer avr, hindi na po noisy yung inverter nya now, test nyo po sna ma'am, sna po makatulong.

Back
Top Bottom