Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

Good day po. Thank you sa mga previous questions ko being answered. As of now, nag iipon pa to start my own solar project. Ang tanong ko po is ang ISC ba ng isang solar panel ang basis kung ilang max amp mabibigay ng isang panel? Ito din ba ang gagamitin sa pagkalkula kung ilang oras para ma full charge ang isang battery? Example: if I have 50W solar panel, Mmpt controller, and 100ah battery which is at 50% charged at 6am and With approx. 6hrs of direct sunlight. Ilang oras bago ma full with a steady load of 1 amp?

Last edited:
Good day po. Thank you sa mga previous questions ko being answered. As of now, nag iipon pa to start my own solar project. Ang tanong ko po is ang ISC ba ng isang solar panel ang basis kung ilang max amp mabibigay ng isang panel? Ito din ba ang gagamitin sa pagkalkula kung ilang oras para ma full charge ang isang battery? Example: if I have 50W solar panel, Mmpt controller, and 100ah battery which is at 50% charged at 6am and With approx. 6hrs of direct sunlight. Ilang oras bago ma full with a steady load of 1 amp?
ang sabi ng electrical engineer sa isang foreign forum...
... with PWM, Input Current = Output Current (which is the Imp to Isc)
... with MPPT controller, MPPT Output Current = Panel Wattage / Battery Voltage. (depende sa actual voltage ng battery)

however, sa solar calculator na ito: http://www.batterystuff.com/kb/tools/solar-calculator.html
... Peak amperage of solar panel = Panel Wattage divided by Nominal Panel Voltage (given as 16v)

50w/16v=3.1a
50Ah/3.1a=16.1hours

if vmp (pwm cc)
50w/18vmp=2.8a
50Ah/2.8a=17.9hours

if battery voltage (mppt cc)
50w/12v=4.16a
50Ah/4.16a=12hours

saan po ginagamit or connection ng contactor sa solar setup?ty

if vmp (pwm cc)
50w/18vmp=2.8a
50Ah/2.8a=17.9hours

if battery voltage (mppt cc)
50w/12v=4.16a
50Ah/4.16a=12hours[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir tristan. Sa calculation na ito, mukhang malaki nga ang advantage ng mppt against pwm.
What about the cost? What if i have P8000.00? What should i buy to achieve a charging period of 6hrs for a 50Ah batt?

Base on current price:

Solar panel (100W cdr king) P3980 +
10A mppt controller. P4000
=P7980

Solar panel (150W cdr king) P5580 +
20 pwm controller. P1200
=P6780

Will the outcome of both combination be the same? Will adding more panel compensate the lost power/amp when using PWM?
The price difference between the 2 combo is P1200.00. With this extra cash, i could buy another 30W and add that to the 150W if i decide to use PWM instead of mppt. This will make the charging period shorter. Maybe 4-5hrs i guess, against the 6hrs if i were to use mppt and 100W panel. Pls. Enlighten me on which path should i take.thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you sir tristan. Sa calculation na ito, mukhang malaki nga ang advantage ng mppt against pwm.
What about the cost? What if i have P8000.00? What should i buy to achieve a charging period of 6hrs for a 50Ah batt?

First the computation given is IF your batts are 100% discharged you have to charge it at 12 hrs(mppt). Well I guess you are not to discharge your batts 100% don't you? Doing so will give fast deterioration of your batts and you don't want that to happen. Rule of thumb in battery maintenance is to just discharge it 20-30% or maximum of 50% pick your choice but remember the deeper the discharge the more your batts will deteriorate.

Now for a 50%DOD(depth of discharge) with an mppt as per computation of sir tristan you have nothing to buy! and still will achieve 6hrs charge time within a day! I suggest you use your 8000 petot to buy an additional solar panel to further increase the charge time. or better a 100AH deep cycle battery. remember though that different types and ages of batteries are not to be mixed in a single battery bank(group of batteries joined together to perform as 1 big battery) doing so will make the newest battery as old as the oldest one in the group and again you don't want that to happen either :)

merun po bng step by step? screenshoot gnun po..d aq marunong :( hirap..hehe

@ericus03

actually, my setup is still using pwm cc, therefore my advise re mppt cc is NOT based on experience... while sir bongalzate advise is based on actual experience with a Lumiax mppt cc... i still remember his post sharing the info that with mppt cc, he can fully recharge (with load) even during cloudy days... i can NOT do that with my pwm cc setup.
What if i have P8000.00? What should i buy to achieve a charging period of 6hrs for a 50Ah batt?

Base on current price:
Solar panel (100W cdr king) P3980 +
10A mppt controller. P4000
=P7980
Solar panel (150W cdr king) P5580 +
20 pwm controller. P1200
=P6780

Will the outcome of both combination be the same? Will adding more panel compensate the lost power/amp when using PWM?
The price difference between the 2 combo is P1200.00. With this extra cash, i could buy another 30W and add that to the 150W if i decide to use PWM instead of mppt. This will make the charging period shorter. Maybe 4-5hrs i guess, against the 6hrs if i were to use mppt and 100W panel. Pls. Enlighten me on which path should i take.thanks.

... basing on my readings, the safe charging/discharging amperes for a (FLA) flooded lead acid battery is C/8... 50Ah/8=6.25A.. therefore, 150w/18v=8.33 or 100w/12=8.33A is NOT safe charging current for a 50Ah FLA battery... consider using 70Ah instead.

Will the outcome of both combination be the same?... in a perfect sunny day the outcome will be the same... BUT during CLOUDY DAYS, the difference will be significant.

Last edited:
Basa-basa din pag may time........

Attachments

• solar_power_qa.pdf
    816.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Solar_Power_Design_Manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
sa mga naghahanap ng dc breaker...

may info sa kabila...

industrial supplier sa Avenida,Sta.Cruz..meron po raw doon

fyi

Ts tanong kulang,,ano ba ang normal charging ng controller ko anong ilaw lang bah dapat naka on..im using Lumiax shine 6A.. kun icoconect ko cya sa battery lahat naka ilaw...ano bah dapat gawin may mali bah...kahit na naka connect din cya sa panel naka ilaw parin lahat.....salamat maam...ilaw nang led light ng controller

Ts tanong kulang,,ano ba ang normal charging ng controller ko anong ilaw lang bah dapat naka on..im using Lumiax shine 6A.. kun icoconect ko cya sa battery lahat naka ilaw...ano bah dapat gawin may mali bah...kahit na naka connect din cya sa panel naka ilaw parin lahat.....salamat maam...ilaw nang led light ng controller
ang lumiax shine series ay auto detect 12v or 24v... dapat ay 10v - 16v dc ang battery mo... kung hindi ma-detect ng controller ang voltage system, "All LEDs are lighted"...
reminder: sa pag-disconnect ng mga wires, una dapat ang wires ng solar panel... sa pag re-connect una dapat ang wires ng battery (or follow steps number 1 to six).

Mga kasolar, recommended shop, store, suppliers na kilala nyo paki PM naman po. Im planning to install grid tied solar power.

Re: How to make your own home solar. With Pictures solar book

may time na hindi lahat ang umiilaw....yung red light chaka yung sa info lang...yung yellow chaka green hindi.....cguro yun ang dapat naka ilaw naka ditect cya......salamat ts....laking tulong talaga thread mo......i have plan buy 40Ah motolite...ok lang bah cya for 30 watts cd rking panel..ilang oras kaya to mapupuno.w/ my lumiax 6A.

may time na hindi lahat ang umiilaw....yung red light chaka yung sa info lang...yung yellow chaka green hindi.....cguro yun ang dapat naka ilaw naka ditect cya......salamat ts....laking tulong talaga thread mo......i have plan buy 40Ah motolite...ok lang bah cya for 30 watts cd rking panel..ilang oras kaya to mapupuno.w/ my lumiax 6A.

1. info light green ibig sabihin charging
2. info light red ibig sabihin may mali sa connection mo/short circuit o ano pa i-tama ang mali para maging green ang info light
3. red battery meter po ibig sabihin 20% na lang karga ng battery mo
4. yellow ibig sabihin 50% karga ng battery mo
5. green ibig sabihin 75%-100% charged na ang battery mo
6.hindi po sabay sabay ang pag-ilaw ng mga led's usually ang info light at isa sa mga battery meter lang ang nag-iilaw
7. basahin po maigi ang manual ng maliwanagan
8. wala ako lumiax shine pero meron ako lumiax max mppt at ganyan din po ang lights nya kaya sguro pareho din sila

Last edited:

....i have plan buy 40Ah motolite...ok lang bah cya for 30 watts cd rking panel..ilang oras kaya to mapupuno.w/ my lumiax 6A.
... kulang ang 30w panel, dapat ay 80w ang partner ng lumiax 60a... (Imp=4.62a to Isc=4.85a)
... estimated recharge time assuming 50% discharged.
30w = 12hours
80w = 5hours

@bongalzate

may nabili na akong power supply for my notebook sa cdrking View attachment 183747 may mga connector tips na hehe hindi na ko maghahanap

Attachments

• 12901_1.jpg
    12901_1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 8

@bongalzate

may nabili na akong power supply for my notebook sa cdrking View attachment 959412 may mga connector tips na hehe hindi na ko maghahanap
hehe... galing maghanap... murang-mura... mapakyaw nga dito sa location ko!... thanks!

... buksan mo ang enclosure para makita ang laki ng heatsink... importante ang heatsink kasi umi-init yan lalo na kung malaki ang wattage ng load.

Last edited:

may nabili na akong power supply for my notebook sa cdrking Click image for larger version. Name: 12901_1.jpg Views: 1 Size: 6.7 KB ID: 959412 may mga connector tips na hehe hindi na ko maghahanap

nice pero parang 80w lang sya baka patay sindi ang laptop mo dyan.....testing mo muna sa branch performance magplay ka ng disc para makita mo maiigi kung patay sindi laptop mo kulang wattage.......

magandang araw mga sir/mam

paguide po sana ako..

meron akong 50watts solar panel (add 50 watts soon),solar charge controller 5A Bosca, 100AH battery soon di pa nakabil at TBE 500 watts inverter

ang plano ko sana ang solar panel ay nasa rooftop 3rd floor at yung SCC,battery at inverter nasa second floor o nasa first floor..

gaano po ba kalaking wire yung gagamitin? 30 feet ang haba... 12volt system panel

1.paano po ba ang computation upang makuha yung size ng wire mula solar panel to Scc? 30 feet above..

2.Scc to battery=2 feet length= size of wire?

3. SCC to 12v appliances (5A dc auto fuse attach)= 10 feet + 5 feet+5feet length = for 4 pcs 12 volt 5 w led bulb=size of wire?

maraming salamat

Back
Top Bottom