Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

I currently have 100W panel. Ok lang ba i parallell connect ang car battery once fully charged na ang 100ah solar master? O safer to disconnect muna si solar master? Or what is more ideal para ma charge ang isa pang diff AH na battery? Buy another panel?
.. charging by 100W solar panel... rekta ba sa battery o gagamit ng charge controller?... kung may SCC, disconnect mo lang ang wires ng solar panel sa SCC... (note: ang SCC ay dapat palaging connected sa battery)

ngayon, ang solar panel positive/negative wires ay pwede nang gamitin sa different AH battery,... rekta sa battery? (pls monitor charging, disconnect at 14.8V)... remember ang 100W solar panel ay = to 6A charging current maximum... pwede sa car battery PERO hindi pwede sa maliit na battery, example 7AH.

Good day po,

I currently have 100W panel. Ok lang ba i parallell connect ang car battery once fully charged na ang 100ah solar master? O safer to disconnect muna si solar master?
Or what is more ideal para ma charge ang isa pang diff AH na battery? Buy another panel?

You cannot connect together 2 batteries from different Ah and different age... If you want to charge them with solar you need to charge separately talaga. So better to charge the 100 Ah, disconnect it and then charge your car battery (with or without controller). If you charge your bats without controller, you need to monitor the charging with a digital multimeter and never let them reach 15 volts... pwede 14.80 otherwise you might damage your batteries if they are overcharged.
If you want to buy another panel, and if you don't use a controller, you can jsut buy a small 20 watt panel and make a separate setup just to charge your car battery.

tanong kolang po.
pedi ba gamitin ang battery habang nag cha2rge.?
ex.gusto manood ng tv nanay ko kaso dipa fullcharge battery..
pedi ba ganun scenario?
baka kc masira battery or inverter ko..tnx

tanong kolang po.
pedi ba gamitin ang battery habang nag cha2rge.?
ex.gusto manood ng tv nanay ko kaso dipa fullcharge battery..
pedi ba ganun scenario?
baka kc masira battery or inverter ko..tnx

syempre pwede... walang problema sa battery o inverter... but it depends also on the size of the battery, the wattage of solar panel, the wattage of the tv... if you are using a controller or not... :noidea:

syempre pwede... walang problema sa battery o inverter... but it depends also on the size of the battery, the wattage of solar panel, the wattage of the tv... if you are using a controller or not... :noidea:

ang setup ko po now sa bahay
100w pv
100ah battery
30amp souer scc

total load ko sa inverter 95wats po.......

... pedi ba gamitin ang battery habang nag cha2rge.?
ang setup: 100w pv, 100ah battery, 30amp souer scc
ang 50% ng 100AH ay uubusin ng 95W sa loob ng 4hrs&30minutes... at ang 50AH na naubos ay ire-recharge ng 100W panel sa loob ng 8hrs&40minutes... therefore, kung gagamitin ang TV (95W) ng 2 hours at may 4 hours pa na liwanag ng araw para maka-recharge, ay pwedeng ma-full charge pa ang battery bago dumilim... para madaling tandaan, bawat 1 hour na gamit, kailangan ng 2hour para mag-recharge.

estimated battery run time of 95W:
100AH/2=50AH divided by 8.74DC amps=5.72hrs, less20% efficiency factor=4.57hours

estimated recharge time or 50AH:
50AH used / 6.25A solar panel Imp = 8hrs, plus10% efficiency factor=8.8hours

Thanks to both of you. maam Awinahe and sir Tristan. Always a quick response:D
I have added Two 7 watt 12V led on my load. 12hrs runtime. I Converted two house lights to 12V line para makasave sa wire and para magamit din same switch to turn on. Dagdag lang ako 8 meters G16 flatcord. Carefull lang sa polarity.

Sa Raon,Maynila ko nabili led bulbs with aluminum casing. Two for 250 pesos.
May 100W mono panels din bosca brand for 3800, may bawas pa pag tumawad.
Sealed Deep cycle batts 2nd hand meron din.
Sarap mamili dun :yipee:

Last edited:
I have added Two 7 watt 12V led on my load. 12hrs runtime. I Converted two house lights to 12V line para makasave sa wire and para magamit din same switch to turn on. Dagdag lang ako 8 meters G16 flatcord. Carefull lang sa polarity.

sir/maam tanong lang po, available po ba sa raon ang 12volts dc electric fan kahit sa mga side walk vendor?palagi kasing out of stock dito sa naga city, thanks po

ang setup ko po now sa bahay
100w pv
100ah battery
30amp souer scc

Kulang 100 watt panel with 100 Ah bat if you want to use the bat while charging... If you can, you should add at least a 50 watt panel connected in parallel to your 100 watt panel (pwede rin 80 watt or another 100 watt panel)

You are welcome po! You are very lucky to be able to make some shopping sa Raon :) all of us, sa province, wish to have more opportunities like that! Here in Palawan, only cdr king is available or solar shop taking advantage of the shortage of components to sell everything double or triple price :ranting:

good day everyone!
question lang po and hope someone can help me. i've been using na my solar set-up these past few nights for my lights. two of them are left on overnight until maybe around 6am. problem ko po is 2 unit na ng 3watt led ang pinupundi nung nakalagay sa may stairs ko while the other one placed in front of the house remains ok. ano po kaya ung probable cause nun?
thanks po.

PTPView attachment 207590

PTP

6500 each (negotiable)
For Sale: 2pcs NPP brand VRLA Deep Cycle Battery.
12V 100AH
Bought Oct 24, 2014

Can meet up Robisons Forum Pioneer (during office hours)
Carmona, Cavite (after office hours)
Alabang, Muntinlupa (per request)

Cycled approximately 90-100 times only at 30% DoD

brand new is being sold at 7500-8000php.

Reason for Selling: Upgrading:)

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 207592

I just want to share.
I bought my first Pure Sine Wave Inverter 12v 1000w from brightpower last year.
I posted here that at Loads less than 100Watts the lights were pulsing. It doesn't look stable.

I bought a Smaller PSWI from brightpower as well. a 12V 300W.
After less than 2 months, the 300w faulted. Good thing brightpower HONORs their warranty and replaced the 300w PSWI.
This worked for another month and i sold it last week.

The 12V 1000w inverter also faulted with less than 2 months of use :(
BrightPower Honored their warranty and was kind enough to replace it with a 24V 1000W instead since I'm upgraded to a 24V battery bank.

yesterday i was testing the 24V 1000w inverter. It was running not more than 3hours yesterday with only about 200w load, it faulted :(
(not even running 24 hours total of its life)

FYI i run the GTIL more than 12 hours a day since i started solar last year in Oct 2014. ayos na ayos pa rin.

Hay... the 24V 1000w inverter turned on naman ulit after it faulted, mukhang heat. baka sira yung fan :(
pag nasira, sana i-honor pa rin ng brightpower. either ang malas ko sa inverter nila, or whatever.

Attachments

• NPP.jpg
    NPP.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • 24V 2000w Inverter.jpg
    24V 2000w Inverter.jpg
    930.9 KB · Views: 2
sir nomag192 ... "2 unit na ng 3watt led ang pinupundi " ??

... meaning nasunog or busted na ang mga led na ilaw?... as far as i remember, AC led bulb ang ginagamit mo using a 500W inverter?... baka hindi 220V AC ang output ng inverter... baka mas mataas?

... for comparison, yung mga 5W AC led bulbs ko na cdr king, pero hindi connected sa inverter ay OK pa... more than 2 years na.

sir glennjv... usually over heat ang cause ng failure ng mga china made cheapy inverters... minsan, swerte-swerte lang... yung cdr king ko na 700W pure sine wave inverter ay ok pa rin (transformer type), although mga 140W for 4 hours lang ang load ko everyday.... btw, linagyan ko pala sya ng extra exhaust computer fan na always on (pag on ng inverter ay on din sya)... kumusta kaya ang PSW7 inverter? sigurado kaya na tatagal ito?

Last edited:

... meaning nasunog or busted na ang mga led na ilaw?... as far as i remember, AC led bulb ang ginagamit mo using a 500W inverter?... baka hindi 220V AC ang output ng inverter... baka mas mataas?

... for comparison, yung mga 5W AC led bulbs ko na cdr king, pero hindi connected sa inverter ay OK pa... more than 2 years na.

sir glennjv... usually over heat ang cause ng failure ng mga china made cheapy inverters... minsan, swerte-swerte lang... yung cdr king ko na 700W pure sine wave inverter ay ok pa rin (transformer type), although mga 140W for 4 hours lang ang load ko everyday.... btw, linagyan ko pala sya ng extra exhaust computer fan na always on (pag on ng inverter ay on din sya)... kumusta kaya ang PSW7 inverter? sigurado kaya na tatagal ito?

sir tristan... nung una po kasi, akala ko busted lang ung bulb so i replaced it po with a new one. after a day, bigla na lang namatay ung bulb while on use. nagtataka lng po ako dahil ok naman ung iba sir. check ko po mamya ung inverter at tingnan ko na rin ung bulb kung nasunog.
another question po pala, i'm using kasi a msw inverter 500watts. pwede po ba gamitin ang appliances na 60hertz lang?
thanks po sa reply.

sir tristan... nung una po kasi, akala ko busted lang ung bulb so i replaced it po with a new one. after a day, bigla na lang namatay ung bulb while on use. nagtataka lng po ako dahil ok naman ung iba sir. check ko po mamya ung inverter at tingnan ko na rin ung bulb kung nasunog.
another question po pala, i'm using kasi a msw inverter 500watts. pwede po ba gamitin ang appliances na 60hertz lang?
thanks po sa reply.

Maybe you should check your bulb wiring... is it big enough? Usually only pure sine wave inverter will produce 60 hertz talaga... but it depends on the appliances, some can run even with a msw, others won't...

sir glenn...

sa fb mura na lang powerstar ni sir RR

i am still watching the thread. masyado mainit usapan dun. vendors butting their heads.
nag tataka ako bakit nag changr ng address ang RR sa post. may pumunta dun sa unang address kinonfirm ang office. peke eh.

integrity is now in question in my opinion. lets see. RR is new pa sa SPP forum.
it'll take time for him to set his credibility.
medyo mainit kasi siya sumagot e. (understandable dahil sa mga PM ng mga tao)

- - - Updated - - -

yeah sana heat kasi madali mag palit ng fan or mali or sira placement ng thermistor.
tetest ko ulit mamaya.
pero pag wala pa rin to papa review ko nalang kay sir raymund yuan. (ang lupet sa electronics nun)

eto sample ng review niya
http://quan-diy.com/misc/inverters/suoer.htm

powerstar.
awinahe is using a powerstar d ba. ang tagal na rin.
ang important din is serviceability. pag nasira economical ba paayos?

in my opinion mas simple ang parts ng low freq inverters. i think.
mas complicado ang high frequency and mas maraming pwede masira in the long run.

mas gusto ko toroidal transformer na powerstar.
no load or idle self power consumption is approx 1/4 that compared to a normal transformer type.
in numbers a 48v version 3kw powerstar
standard version ~86watts idle
low power version ~43watts idle
toroidal version ~22watts idle

86watts is significant. x12 hours = 1032watt-hr
thats easily 2 12v 100ah just to power it in idle.

Last edited:

Maybe you should check your bulb wiring... is it big enough? Usually only pure sine wave inverter will produce 60 hertz talaga... but it depends on the appliances, some can run even with a msw, others won't...

thanks po again sir tristan, really appreciate it po.

@glennjv:
Yes I'm using a powerstar inverter/charger 12 volts 1000 watts with 3000 watts power surge... it will be 4 years this coming June (same than my batteries) and never got any problem with it even when using my ref... I just add a small computer fan when I plug my ref to cool down faster...

Back
Top Bottom