Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

hello mam / sir

salamat po uli mejo nagagamit ko na uli tulad ng dati ang battery ko
minsan kasi hindi ko mapasok ang symbianize internet problem at router problem kaya ayaw pumasok dito

salamat po uli ^_^

hello mam / sir

salamat po uli mejo nagagamit ko na uli tulad ng dati ang battery ko
minsan kasi hindi ko mapasok ang symbianize internet problem at router problem kaya ayaw pumasok dito

salamat po uli ^_^

Ok lang as long as everything is fine for you :salute:

may group buy sa SPP....baka gusto nyo lang sumali...

Mga ka-Solar, ito na ang Solar Panels na abot kayang halaga para sa mga DIYer's dito sa SPP.
Renesola 260 Watts, Price P26 pesos / watt (P6,760) All in. First set - Qty. 300 panels (20 footer container)
and next set - Qty. 700 panels (40 footer container). Give me your quantity first Ka-Solar?, other details to follow.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sol...d=882226605190907&notif_t=group_comment_reply

may group buy sa SPP....baka gusto nyo lang sumali...

Mga ka-Solar, ito na ang Solar Panels na abot kayang halaga para sa mga DIYer's dito sa SPP.
Renesola 260 Watts, Price P26 pesos / watt (P6,760) All in. First set - Qty. 300 panels (20 footer container)
and next set - Qty. 700 panels (40 footer container). Give me your quantity first Ka-Solar?, other details to follow.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sol...t_id=882226605190907¬if_t=group_comment_reply

wow... that's really a great deal! Thanks for sharing with us... sayang walang akong pera to buy some in reserve :lol:

Yesterday I went to the junk shops and went home empty handed as usual... the explanation of one shop owner is that they prefer to send all their batteries to Manila where they are bought for 750 each, for the lead... So I guess, unless I find someone who is going to change his bat, I will have a hard time to find one! On my way home, I met one neighbor and told him that I was looking for a bat... he went to his backyard and brought back one small battery 12 volts 5 Ah, with no caps, almost not water and one side "bulky" that he graciously gave to me! Arrived at home I checked right away the voltage: 1.25 volt :rofl: My husband told me that I just brought back home another rubbish :lol: But as I had tawas already, I decided to try to convert it anyway! I had nothing to loose... so here is my

1rst alum battery conversion experiment:

So starting with a 12 volts 5Ah 1.25 volt almost no more water, positive side of the bat is bulky.

- I first filled it with distilled water and check the voltage: 2.5 volts
- Then I drained the acid left in the bat and rinse it once with a garden hose... the acid was clean, no black, no particles so I decided not to wash it with baking soda as I read that the sulfation is good for alum batteries to work! I rinsed it more than ten times with the garden hose, then let it set up side down for more than one hour.
- Prepared 1/2 liter of hot distilled water where I dissolved 50 grams of tawas. Filled that bat. As it's a small bat I needed less than 1/4 liter.
- check the voltage: 9.30 volts! ... amazing :p
- charge it on ac for 1 hour 1/2 voltage: 13.35 ... unplug voltage drops 11.98
- plug small 2 speed car fan 12 volt 3.4 watts (on the lowest speed) or 0.28 amp
the fan runs for 40 minutes before dying! voltage 3.42 but once unplug the voltage climbs up fast... good sign :)
- recharge for another 2 hours voltage : 13.35 .... hmmm, why the voltage does not go higher? :unsure:
unplug voltage drops to 12.21
- plug the fan, runs for 1 hr and 40 minutes before dying :yipee: voltage 3.27 but after only 10 minutes voltage climbs to 7.25

Let the battery rest for the night and this morning, first thing I did when I woke up: check the voltage... I couldn't believe my readings... check 3 times but no possible error, the voltage is 11.35 :dance:

- I plan to recharge it for 2 hrs and !/2 and then discharge it again and see how long will last the fan.
According to the files I posted the other day, I should do that for 10 cycles or until the voltage reach a steady 12 volts+... let's wait and see! But I'm already very happy with these results considering that the battery was only 1.25 volt when I started!!!

Last edited:
sir watusi

thanks for the info... sana ay maging "retailer" ang "group buy" para makabili rin kami na mga taga-probinsya... tsaka feel ko na mas convenient na gamitin ang olx as the medium of group buy and use facebook and other forums for advertising only.... ganyan kasi ang actual na nangyayari sa akin... basa-basa sa mga forums, tapos bili sa olx, lazada and cdr king... kasi mas convenient nga.

wow... that's really a great deal! Thanks for sharing with us... sayang walang akong pera to buy some in reserve :lol:

Yesterday I went to the junk shops and went home empty handed as usual... the explanation of one shop owner is that they prefer to send all their batteries to Manila where they are bought for 750 each, for the lead... So I guess, unless I find someone who is going to change his bat, I will have a hard time to find one! On my way home, I met one neighbor and told him that I was looking for a bat... he went to his backyard and brought back one small battery 12 volts 5 Ah, with no caps, almost not water and one side "bulky" that he graciously gave to me! Arrived at home I checked right away the voltage: 1.25 volt :rofl: My husband told me that I just brought back home another rubbish :lol: But as I had tawas already, I decided to try to convert it anyway! I had nothing to loose... so here is my

1rst alum battery conversion experiment:

So starting with a 12 volts 5Ah 1.25 volt almost no more water, positive side of the bat is bulky.

- I first filled it with distilled water and check the voltage: 2.5 volts
- Then I drained the acid left in the bat and rinse it once with a garden hose... the acid was clean, no black, no particles so I decided not to wash it with baking soda as I read that the sulfation is good for alum batteries to work! I rinsed it more than ten times with the garden hose, then let it set up side down for more than one hour.
- Prepared 1/2 liter of hot distilled water where I dissolved 50 grams of tawas. Filled that bat. As it's a small bat I needed less than 1/4 liter.
- check the voltage: 9.30 volts! ... amazing :p
- charge it on ac for 1 hour 1/2 voltage: 13.35 ... unplug voltage drops 11.98
- plug small 2 speed car fan 12 volt 3.4 watts (on the lowest speed) or 0.28 amp
the fan runs for 40 minutes before dying! voltage 3.42 but once unplug the voltage climbs up fast... good sign :)
- recharge for another 2 hours voltage : 13.35 .... hmmm, why the voltage does not go higher? :unsure:
unplug voltage drops to 12.21
- plug the fan, runs for 1 hr and 40 minutes before dying :yipee: voltage 3.27 but after only 10 minutes voltage climbs to 7.25

Let the battery rest for the night and this morning, first thing I did when I woke up: check the voltage... I couldn't believe my readings... check 3 times but no possible error, the voltage is 11.35 :dance:

- I plan to recharge it for 2 hrs and !/2 and then discharge it again and see how long will last the fan.
According to the files I posted the other day, I should do that for 10 cycles or until the voltage reach a steady 12 volts+... let's wait and see! But I'm already very happy with these results considering that the battery was only 1.25 volt when I started!!!

Good day Sir I'm Jay and as I was reading your thread I was amazed and I want to learn more about solar panel. Can you teach me how to and wise the safety of using it? here's my email [email protected] and my number is 0922-9218263. I want to learn more from you sir and I hope you'll give me a chance. Thank you so much in advance and have a great day.

Good day Sir I'm Jay and as I was reading your thread I was amazed and I want to learn more about solar panel. Can you teach me how to and wise the safety of using it? here's my email [email protected] and my number is 0922-9218263. I want to learn more from you sir and I hope you'll give me a chance. Thank you so much in advance and have a great day.

Hi Jay! I'm sorry to disappoint you but on this thread we are just sharing our own experience regarding solar... I, personally, don't have any electric or electronic background... I just learn by myself, experimenting with "try and error" and share the results here... we learn from each other.
So if you want to learn, you need to read online a lot, ask questions on this forum where people are always here to answer you, check also other forums... You also should have some solar components to learn by experience and not only theory (at least one panel and one battery, even small)... And never stop asking questions! Good luck to you and I hope you will come back to this thread to learn more!

Hi there, I'm just new in this forum and I am an avid followers of renewable energy. I am planning to put one Solar Source project just to try and load my lights and some 12V appliances. I don't know if someone already discussed the advantage and disadvantage of Monocrystalline and Polycrystalline type of panels and what is the recommendation of the group for Metro Manila use. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi there, I'm just new in this forum and I am an avid followers of renewable energy. I am planning to put one Solar Source project just to try and load my lights and some 12V appliances. I don't know if someone already discussed the advantage and disadvantage of Monocrystalline and Polycrystalline type of panels and what is the recommendation of the group for Metro Manila use. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi Peter! Welcome to Symbianize and especially to this thread :)
Polycrystalline panels are cheaper and most widely available thru cdr king! Monocrystalline are a little bit more efficient but more expensive! As most of us, in this thread, are living in the provinces, our main and often only supplier for affordable panels is Cdr-king which has only Polycrystalline panels... So, lucky you, living in Manila, you have the choice! Either a Polycrystalline panel cheaper or a Monocrystalline a little bit more efficient but more expensive!

so you got your alum batt already.....it will be faster to restore because it is a smaller batt....but then its nice you already have one.....

so you got your alum batt already.....it will be faster to restore because it is a smaller batt....but then its nice you already have one.....

Yes I got one, even small it's better than nothing... at least for an experimentation :yipee:
I don't know if it will be faster to converter because it had only 1.25 volt left when I started :lol: and this battery was left for months, without water, under the sun and with no caps... but still this morning I was able to run the small fan for almost 3 hrs... compare to 1hr 40 yesterday... Yesterday I could not charge it properly because it was brownout almost the whole day, so I just let it rest... and this morning I charge it only 30 minutes and the voltage went to 14.40, then run the fan... now I'm charging it again. Once recharge I will run again my fan until it dies... and recharge then let it set until tomorrow... I hope after few days I can reach a voltage of 12...
I did not expect anything from this batt because of its bad condition, so if it works I will find a bigger battery even in bad shape to experiment on a "bigger scale"!
For now, I'm still using a 24 amp ac charger to charge it, when the bat will be in a better shape (maybe!) I will charge it with an homemade small solar panel made out of old garden solar lamps... it can deliver only 14 to 16 volts but maybe it will be enough... will see!

I read somewhere that some people connect in series 2 alum bats in order to be able to use an inverter! Something to think about!

In series will be 24v or something like 22v for an alum batt will it not damage a 12v inverter?

In series will be 24v or something like 22v for an alum batt will it not damage a 12v inverter?

I lost the page where I saw that! I think they connected 12 + 6 volts alum batteries in series... I have to search again if I can find it!

- - - Updated - - -
Another topic!
Mixing Different Size And Age Batteries
copy/paste from http://www.alpharubicon.com/

Conventional wisdom and good engineering practices have always said that batteries in a bank should be the same ampacity (size) and approximately the same age. This is still good advice if you can afford to do it but, if you’re like us, we only have a budget to build our system a little at a time.

We have a 24VDC inverter system powered initially by two strings of four 6VDC, L16 type batteries. Calculations showed we'd need 3 strings, but we couldn't afford it at the time. A full year later, our budget improved, and we got the 3rd string. No problems were detected with the different age batteries. Three years in, one of the original L16's developed a leak in the bottom of the case, so we replaced it with a new L16; no problems detected.

We added the kitchen fridge to the system, requiring more batteries. The L16's were too much for the budget, so we got the equivalent power with 8 each Walmart 27DC6 batteries, wired as 4 strings of 2 batteries each. That was a year ago and, so far, no problems detected.

This flies in the face of conventional wisdom. Not only did we put different age batteries in the same bank, but we used different manufacturers and different ampacity batteries. Not only do the batteries appear to be holding up fine, but numerous measurements with a DC ammeter show both charging and discharging within a few percent of each other. Likewise, hydrometer readings are extremely close to each other.

There are some conditions that I believe have allowed us to do this successfully:

All the batteries are the same chemistry type.
All the cables connecting the batteries are big enough to reduce any unequal charging.
The battery bank is equalized every month.
Water levels are topped up every month.
We use a Battery Minder desulphator.
The batteries live in a nearly constant 60 degrees Fahrenheit environment.
The batteries are charged by high end Outback inverters and a high end MPPT Outback charge controller.

So, “everyone knows” you shouldn't do it, but we did. And, after several years, its working fine.

Last edited:
^ on mixing different age batteries...

i am now using a UPS (APC brand) with 2 batteries connected in series (24V)... one battery is a seven year old CS3 12V 7.2AH and the other one is a new Panasonic 12V 7.2AH... this APC UPS has a feature that every time you turn it on, it will test the battery first and will continuously beep if the battery needs to be replaced... it always passed the battery test from the first day i connected it until now... i know that i should not mix different age batteries, but its working fine until now... however, i don't know how long this will last.

I lost the page where I saw that! I think they connected 12 + 6 volts alum batteries in series... I have to search again if I can find it!

well thats better I think a 12v and 6v battery in series will be fine if converted into an alum batt it will be around 15-16v which is still tolerable for a high end inverter. but if you are using unbranded/untested inverter I think it will be damaged....thanks for the link and articles they're very informative and factual which leaves the theory behind mixing old and new batts. I also did that but only my 3 batts are bought months apart before I finally completed 300aH battery bank. for practical purposes I broke the theory (buy them all at once) I don't have that much money to afford them all at once. but then my batts are still very much in good shape just like when I first installed them.....:)

^ on mixing different age batteries...

i am now using a UPS (APC brand) with 2 batteries connected in series (24V)... one battery is a seven year old CS3 12V 7.2AH and the other one is a new Panasonic 12V 7.2AH... this APC UPS has a feature that every time you turn it on, it will test the battery first and will continuously beep if the battery needs to be replaced... it always passed the battery test from the first day i connected it until now... i know that i should not mix different age batteries, but its working fine until now... however, i don't know how long this will last.

well thats better I think a 12v and 6v battery in series will be fine if converted into an alum batt it will be around 15-16v which is still tolerable for a high end inverter. but if you are using unbranded/untested inverter I think it will be damaged....thanks for the link and articles they're very informative and factual which leaves the theory behind mixing old and new batts. I also did that but only my 3 batts are bought months apart before I finally completed 300aH battery bank. for practical purposes I broke the theory (buy them all at once) I don't have that much money to afford them all at once. but then my batts are still very much in good shape just like when I first installed them.....:)

Very nice to have 2 actual testimonies about mixing batteries... actually I suspected long time ago that it was just a way for manufacturers to have people to buy brand new batteries!! That's how works this society of super waste :ranting: Now I'm waiting for one of my batteries to die to prove by myself the manufacturers' theory wrong :lmao:

- - - Updated - - -

Info

6 Months Later, Here's What's Happened to the Netherlands' Solar Bike Paths

It's working better than expected :thumbsup:
http://mic.com/articles/117948/6-months-later-here-s-what-s-happened-to-the-netherland-s-solar-bike-paths?utm_content=buffer2399d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

good day everyone!
just to share lang po, i started my first project siguro mga 2 months ago. i started with a 50 watt panel, a 100ah battery, and a 500 watt inverter pero sabi nga mostly ng mga members dito, nakaka-adik daw ito and i do believe them na. now, my set-up na is 250 watt panel, a 200ah battery, a 50amp PWM SCC, and a 500 watt inverter. planning to add another 100 watt panel. i'm planning to add another 100 watt panel maybe next month. hopefully, makapag upgrade pa in the coming months.
thanks po sa help ng mga members ng forum na ito.

Back
Top Bottom