Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

I am very sad to learn that SB is going to retire... after so many years...
I want to thank everybody who participated in this thread and I hope it helps some of you...

Thank you to Sir Marquess and all the contributors and mods of SB :salute:

Edit: I just hope that the old SB will give birth to a brand new one! :think::yes:

Last edited:
Hanggang ngayon, buhay pa si SB! So if you still have questions regarding solar.... you are welcome to ask!

FYI, i'm a Mobi now... that's me when I was a Symb... for any question regarding off grid solar setup, am still here to assist ma'am awinahe.
old-photo.jpg

Hi awinahe, na pansin ko lang ulit ang new post mo' :) hope you remember me' :) all that you've been saying is absolutely correct. First the inverter buti sumabog sya dahil accidentally ginamit ang malaks na microwave oven namin ng misis ko at napalitan ko na sa Cebu mura lang around P1.5k yong inverter ko na galing dito sa Bahrain ang mahal around P6k pangit pa. I conclude na mas maraming magaganda na Solar parts sa pinay kay sa abroad. Im back now working here as an Apple Tech. ngayon lang na libre' :) all of my Solar setup up is working until now i have joined a lot of groups in FB also that broaden my knowledge about Solar setup.

Hi awinahe, na pansin ko lang ulit ang new post mo' :) hope you remember me' :) all that you've been saying is absolutely correct. First the inverter buti sumabog sya dahil accidentally ginamit ang malaks na microwave oven namin ng misis ko at napalitan ko na sa Cebu mura lang around P1.5k yong inverter ko na galing dito sa Bahrain ang mahal around P6k pangit pa. I conclude na mas maraming magaganda na Solar parts sa pinay kay sa abroad. Im back now working here as an Apple Tech. ngayon lang na libre' :) all of my Solar setup up is working until now i have joined a lot of groups in FB also that broaden my knowledge about Solar setup.
Very nice to hear from you and happy to see your solar setup is still running well... I do appreciate your visit and that you remeber this thread... Thank you!

Magkano po budget kung 2 electricfan, 2 led tv, at isang laptop? Tapos kelan return of investment?

"Magkano po budget kung 2 electricfan, 2 led tv, at isang laptop? Tapos kelan return of investment?"... for me, my off-grid setup is only for back-up source of battery power. 70AH or 100AH battery, 100W-200W solar panel and a 20A PWM solar charge controller... my pure sine wave inverter is only 350W... kung umabot ng 3 years ang setup, sulit na sya.

Last edited:
anong size po ng battery ang kailangan ko kung gagamit ako ng 2 ceiling fan na 12 volts 12 watts let say mga 8 hours sa gabi. pano nga po uli pagcompute noon.

anong size po ng battery ang kailangan ko kung gagamit ako ng 2 ceiling fan na 12 volts 12 watts let say mga 8 hours sa gabi. pano nga po uli pagcompute noon.
DoD 38.1% = (12Wx2x8hr)/12V/42AHx100... meaning, you have to use 42AH battery to run two 12VDC 12W fan for 8 hrs and the DoD is 38.1%

paano po ma check yung health ng battery?
basing on personal experience with lead acid battery (solar master and sealed lead acid battery), medyo accurate ang state-of-charge measurement, IF AFTER FULLY CHARGING (without load), ime-measure ang voltage after resting the fully charged battery for at least 4 hours or much better after 24 hours. The resting battery voltage should be 12.6V.

technical reason - in order to remove the "surface charge" voltage which is not an accurate reading... kapag nag-measure ka agad after charging akala mo mataas ang reading, yun pala "surface charge" ang nami-measure mo mo.

basing on personal experience with lead acid battery (solar master and sealed lead acid battery), medyo accurate ang state-of-charge measurement, IF AFTER FULLY CHARGING (without load), ime-measure ang voltage after resting the fully charged battery for at least 4 hours or much better after 24 hours. The resting battery voltage should be 12.6V.

technical reason - in order to remove the "surface charge" voltage which is not an accurate reading... kapag nag-measure ka agad after charging akala mo mataas ang reading, yun pala "surface charge" ang nami-measure mo mo.

thank you sir!

aw dapat pala maka rest hindi pa naman pwede, wala ako ibang battery tska auto on ung lights after sundown...

thank you sir! aw dapat pala maka rest hindi pa naman pwede, wala ako ibang battery tska auto on ung lights after sundown...
ganito na lang.. kung nao-observe mo na mabilis mag-floating si solar charge controller... pero yung lights mo ay madilim pa ay auto-OFF na, ibig sabihin ay madali na ma-low batt si battery... meaning hindi na sya healthy katulad ng dati... base on personal experience ma-swerte ka na kung umabot ng 3 years si battery.

RIP solar master 70AH number two... 4 years and 2 months... the longest deep-cycle battery life that i have experienced so far...

:thanks: you mga master for the tips

Bookmarked!

Planning to build this in the farm

Hanap lang ako mga gamit

comment lang po sa set up kong ito
70 AH deep cycle battery
50 watts solar panel
10 amperes controller
to be used to power at night 2 pcs 12 watts 12 volts dc fan for 10 hours and 2 pcs- 8 watts 12 volts led light for maybe 4 hours

comment lang po sa set up kong ito
70 AH deep cycle battery
50 watts solar panel
10 amperes controller
to be used to power at night 2 pcs 12 watts 12 volts dc fan for 10 hours and 2 pcs- 8 watts 12 volts led light for maybe 4 hours
ang kinain ng dc fan ay 240Whr (2x12Wx10hr), ang kinain ng dc led lights ay 64Whr (2x8Wx4hr).. total 304Whr... ngayon ang total stored power ng 70AH battery ay 840Whr (70Ahx12V)... ang na discharge ay 36.19% = (304/840)x100... ang tanong ilang oras itsa-charge ng 50W panel ang na-discharge na 304Whr?... ang estimate ay 304Whr / 50W / 0.67 efficiency factor = 9.07 hours... so in theory, hindi kaya ni 50W panel maibalik ang na-discharge na 304Whr sa loob ng isang araw.. bakit?.. ang sabi ng mga experto sa solar, 4 to 5 hours lang ang "peak sun-hour" sa pinas... kung 100W panel ang gagamitin, ang recharging time ay 4.54 hours...therefore, 100W panel dapat ang gamitin to recharge a 70AH battery discharged 36.19%.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom