Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to Use the P9 to Get That Leica Look

htfan

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
‘German-style' is what photography hobbyists call photos made in the style of German lenses. So what exactly is ‘German-style?' In short: sharp detail even in dark areas, smooth, clear and rich in atmosphere, rich reds and blues, colors that exceed nature, as well as the addition of a hint of darkness, it's like a drug that is difficult to resist.

View attachment 274742

A tendency towards deep color is Leica's most notable characteristic. Bright areas are slightly red - for example if you photograph yellow, it will be a slightly orange yellow rather than a bright yellow. In dark areas there is an added slight blue-purple tone. The overall color saturation is high, and although it exceeds nature, is not excessive. The sum of these colors give the photo an oil painting effect.

View attachment 274743

View attachment 274744

A unique atmosphere is another of 'German-style's' characteristics. This means that the lens possesses a great capacity to analyze and recreate an image, light and dark areas of the image are permeated with detail, the colors have depth, and the colors are rich and yet exquisite. It’s as if even the transparent air can be photographed, giving a strong stereoscopic effect and a sense of immersion into the scene, as if you are transported back to that instant the image was taken.

View attachment 274745

View attachment 274746

The camera of the P9, Huawei's newest phone to be presented to the public, was designed in collaboration with Leica. Aside from expert craftsmanship using Leica's double lens, 12 million colors and monochrome double camera technology; in recording color, and capturing details, there is no other.
The above photos really were taken using the P9.

Now I want to tell you something - the credit for these smooth, shiny pictures, actually lies with a button on the P9 - Color Mode. This button is a little mysterious, let's take a look.

Turn on the camera, then swipe left on the screen. Press the camera's Settings button, then choose the Color Mode. By choosing Standard, Bright, or Mild, you can take photos with different saturation effects.

View attachment 274747

So let's see the difference in photos taken using Standard mode and Bright mode. On the left side is Standard mode, on the right side is Bright mode.
First we have my flowers, hehe.

View attachment 274748

Then we have my bracelet.

View attachment 274749

Lastly, it's my baubles!

View attachment 274750

The contrast is so clear! Really, every time I take a photo with it, I am stunned. Whether it is the color on display, or the strong contrast of light and dark, the texture of the image, or the atmosphere of the images, after I turn on Bright mode, the colors are so bright, but still so real.

OK! The important stuff is over for today. Now, I don't know if you are all aware, but at the bottom of the pictures I have used these past two days is a Leica brand watermark. Do you want know how I did it? Next, I am going to teach you how to automatically add a watermark to your photos.

View attachment 274751

After you have turned on the camera, swipe left, go to the Settings interface, then turn on Automatically Add Watermark, then the photos everyone takes can automatically show the Leica watermark too!
Stay tuned for the more excited update!

Attachments

• FkYgsG.jpg
    FkYgsG.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 3
  • hOZh33.jpg
    hOZh33.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 3
  • qqD8gS.jpg
    qqD8gS.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 2
  • ozkNsp.jpg