Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Is Antivirus necessary on my Android Phone??

wow... napaka informative naman po nito.. tnx for this info..

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

salamt ts!!:) i keep busy searching about android antivirus and thank you it end up here :D i dont need "ANTIVIRUS" all i need is just read before i install...
your an angel :praise:

nice one... ngayon ko lang nabasa to kahit matagal ko ng kinakalikot ang fone ko... ahehehe...:clap::clap::clap:

bago pa ung android ko and nag install ko ng avast...cguro e uninstall ko nalang pra mabawasan ung usage nya sa phone at saka sa battery.. anyway thank you sa post!

avast din gamit ko may built in firewall, identity theft protection, etc. mahina lng consumo neto sa baterya tested kona eto at di din malakas kumain ng memory unlike Lookout Security at maliit lng din ang size in bytes kumpara sa iba.

very useful thread! one of the dangerous threat is airpushing apps..

galing boss! informative bye muna ko k avast! thank u boss

pede po ba palitan ang permission sa mga applications na ini-install?
d q po alm xe kung panu..
galaxy tab gmit q..

This thread supported my belief that Android phones needless to install Anti-virus program for protection. Not only that, I know all pc having Linux OS or on it's system is virus-proof.
Sine this thread was created almost a year ago, I'd search the web for update regarding this matter, here's what I've found:

The question is, then, should you be worried about mobile malware like it you’re on Windows XP and it is 2005? The answer, this time, is a very firm no.

...But You Should Still Be Careful

The fact of the matter is, you, the average Android user, are safe from mobile malware. Malware on Android does not spread like it does on desktop computers because there really isn’t a simple method for them to spread. These viruses, trojans and rootkits that you hear of all the time only reach those users who do things like downloading APKs from untrusted sources and downloading bogus apps.

That’s it, really. You and only you are the best antimalware, mobile security solution for your Android device. Apps like Lookout Mobile Security and avast! Mobile Security only add an extra layer of security which, to be honest, you don’t need
From: http://www.redmondpie.com/do-you-really-need-an-antivirussecurity-app-on-your-android-device/

Nope don't use any antivirus because
1. It is biggest RAM and CPU hogger
2. Till date there are no viruses for android yet, and whatever are there, are all spywares.
3. It drains a lot of battery
So my personal opinion is to not use any a/v as it is useless
Source: http://androidforums.com/micromax-a75/520717-do-we-need-antivirus.html#post4119970
Android cannot have a Virus :D Thanks to the linux base :) [[ Linuxes and Macs do not get viruses , except if strong Hardware mods are done ! ]]

More over,
Those are simply trying to fool customers , by using the popular concept in Windows users minds ... that is called as Bad marketing :p

The real threats for Android are just the Apps u install ....
Yup these softwares do scan for the permissions each app uses ...
That may help in Privacy :)

Conclusion :
This is sh!t ... Leave it :)
Source: http://androidforums.com/micromax-a75/520717-do-we-need-antivirus.html#post4120557

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom