Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Let's Talk About Operating Systems

Which OS is best for desktop computers?

• Windows

Votes: 499 79.6%
  • GNU/Linux distros

Votes: 99 15.8%
  • MacOS

Votes: 25 4.0%
  • BSD

Votes: 4 0.6%

• Total voters
sir tanong lang sana kung anong magandang linux/ubuntu os para sa specs ng laptop ko na ito

Machine name: BADPIERCE-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130505-1534)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: Presario V3700 Notebook PC
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL8
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2038MB RAM
Page File: 1278MB used, 2798MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

more on browsing lang ako at flash player games sir :D
thank you! :excited::excited::excited:

Kahit regular Ubuntu sir puwde sa specs ninyo. Google na rin po natin yung "Ubuntu Wiki Recommended Specs" para lumabas yung official Wiki Page ng Ubuntu sa Google Search, since nakasulat din po dun ang minimum at recommended hardware specs.

bro. pano ka ba sisimulan ito?
well in disk management
i have 2 primary partition. and (system reserved)
sabi mo 4 partition? pwede na maginstall ang ubuntu sa logical partition.
2 lang partitiion ko dito. delete ba ako partition or shrink?
EDIT: i just shrink may drive :D
burn ko na lang si ubuntu and ayusin ang partition. and windows 8 pa rin ang boot loader. well triple boot? let's get it on
xp, ubuntu and 8 here i come :D

Last edited:
maganda naman mga linux distros..

pero kulang pa sa graphics support.. hmm

Windows parin.

Kahit regular Ubuntu sir puwde sa specs ninyo. Google na rin po natin yung "Ubuntu Wiki Recommended Specs" para lumabas yung official Wiki Page ng Ubuntu sa Google Search, since nakasulat din po dun ang minimum at recommended hardware specs.

maraming salamat sir!!! eto pa sir tanung ko, nagamit ako ng skype , oovoo at other programs na windows. posible ko din kaya magamit yun sa ubuntu??

maraming salamat sir!!! eto pa sir tanung ko, nagamit ako ng skype , oovoo at other programs na windows. posible ko din kaya magamit yun sa ubuntu??

I'm 100% sure you can use Skype in Ubuntu. To download Skype for Linux, go here: http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-linux/

For Skype installation guide, go here: http://www.noobslab.com/2013/04/install-skype-in-ubuntu.html

With regards to other native Windows apps, you do need to install Wine. It is a compatibility layer for running Windows apps in Linux. You can run Windows games with Wine, as well as Microsoft Office apps, etc.

If in case you still cannot run the Windows app you want, I'd recommend you create a Windows virtual machine inside Ubuntu.

I'm 100% sure you can use Skype in Ubuntu. To download Skype for Linux, go here: http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-linux/

For Skype installation guide, go here: http://www.noobslab.com/2013/04/install-skype-in-ubuntu.html

With regards to other native Windows apps, you do need to install Wine. It is a compatibility layer for running Windows apps in Linux. You can run Windows games with Wine, as well as Microsoft Office apps, etc.

If in case you still cannot run the Windows app you want, I'd recommend you create a Windows virtual machine inside Ubuntu.

nice one punkz prez... :thumbsup:

paano pala yang sabi mong windows virtual machine sa loob ng ubuntu..? pwede din siguro yan sa linux mint diba..? natanong ko ito kasi sayo nung sabado pero hindi mo nasagot.. :D

salamat sir!!

:salute::salute::salute:

type this on google "oovoo alternative for linux" ..

then after knowing the alternative kulikutin mo....

mas maganda kasi yung pure than mistisa...huwag mong i mixed yung apps.

windows apps are for windows
linux apps are for linux
kay pedro ay kay pedro...

kung hindi kaya diual boot mo.. pag type mo si window boot ka kay window or viceversa....:):)

nice one punkz prez... :thumbsup:

paano pala yang sabi mong windows virtual machine sa loob ng ubuntu..? pwede din siguro yan sa linux mint diba..? natanong ko ito kasi sayo nung sabado pero hindi mo nasagot.. :D

Yes pwedeng pwede. Just search for VirtualBox via the Software Center in Mint or you can download it via virtualbox.org by clicking here: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Hello!

I'd been on crunchbang some quite time. But now i drop it for lubuntu and wattos which both ubuntu base (ubuntu 13.04 the latest).

The reason is upon upgrading(sudo apt-get dist-upgrade) my default lubuntu and wattos to its new kernel from 3.8.0-19 to 3.8.0-26 they got the freaking fast internet connection which is so opposite before it was not upgraded. And they left behind my past darling crunchbang....:)

pssst.. wattos is more quicker than lubuntu or crunchbang.

wattos cannot detect smartbro plugin
solution:
install usb-modeswitch and modemmanager...

Last edited:
Hello!

I'd been on crunchbang some quite time. But now i drop it for lubuntu and wattos which both ubuntu base (ubuntu 13.04 the latest).

The reason is upon upgrading(sudo apt-get dist-upgrade) my default lubuntu and wattos to its new kernel from 3.8.0-19 to 3.8.0-26 they got the freaking fast internet connection which is so opposite before it was not upgraded. And they left behind my past darling crunchbang....:)

solution:

Nice to hear. :)

...strange...yung mismong Ubuntu, starting 10.10 ay built-in (pre-installed) na ang usb-modeswitch. Hindi siguro minana or ginamit ng WattOS yun (though it uses Ubuntu as its base).

Nice to hear. :)

...strange...yung mismong Ubuntu, starting 10.10 ay built-in (pre-installed) na ang usb-modeswitch. Hindi siguro minana or ginamit ng WattOS yun (though it uses Ubuntu as its base).

Actually yung latest wattos R7 lang yung hindi pre installed yung modeswitch at modemmanager..Yung wattos R6 which base from ubuntu 12.04 walang problema naka pre installed lahat yun..

Even the issue of "mahina yung pag coconect ng wifi" was only happen on ubuntu 13.04 and i'm happy na nafixed kaagad through updating the newest available updates..

Last edited:
Viewing youtube using html5 instead the classic proprietary adobe flash plugin..

Take note the url and press the button with a caption "join the HTML5 trial" and then start using the searh box of youtube.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2013-07-29-163800_1024x600_scrot.png
    2013-07-29-163800_1024x600_scrot.png
    87 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Hello!

solution:

Wow! 3.8? Am still running 3.5....
Haven't upgraded yet. I've decided to upgrade only to Ubuntu LTS releases.

So what do you think of Stallman???

Last edited:
Wow! 3.8? Am still running 3.5....
Haven't upgraded yet. I've decided to upgrade only to Ubuntu LTS releases.

So what do you think of Stallman???

He's one of a kind...A visionary...Seeing ahead of time...A genius...A harvard magna cum laude....We can compare him as an individual calling for "GO GREEN NO TO PLASTIC BAGS" when plastic bags only just newly invented and started to hit in the market.

So now one of the result locally is this cyber crime law.. We are all traceable in the world of computing because of those damn proprietary apps being used by us and we have no other options...And we were protesting it..

If only we listen stallman 30 years ago may be hindi tayo aabot ng ganito...

Last edited:
He's one of a kind...A visionary...Seeing ahead of time...A genius...A harvard magna cum laude....We can compare him as an individual compaining "GO GREEN NO TO PLASTIC BAGS" when plastic bags only just newly invented and started to hit in the market.

So now one of the result locally is this cyber crime law.. We are all treaseable in the world of computing because of those dam proprietary apps being used by us and we have no other options...And we were protesting it..

If only we listen stallman 30 years ago may be hindi tayo aabot ng ganito...

Looks like you admire the man. I too think he's great (mainly because of FSF) although some of my friends on AU thinks he's strange. :noidea:
Maybe because they think "he's all talk and all that" since until now the Hurd kernel is still under active development and no stable release yet. If they had it working earlier there wouldn't be Linux. :)

But I think the merging of linux kernel with GNU programs is one of the best collaboration in computing history.

So I love GNU/Linux!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is wattos-microwatt with pekwm. Thinner and faster than the standard wattos R7. :)

attachment.php

Trisquel mini a totally free software GNU/LINUX OS. Gnash(render video quicker than flash) is the alternative of flash for video viewing. And still ubuntu base but all those proprietary software were excluded. Its quicker than lubuntu on my netbook machine..

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2013-08-01-111519_1024x600_scrot.jpg
    2013-08-01-111519_1024x600_scrot.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 2013-08-05-193000_1024x600_scrot.jpg
    2013-08-05-193000_1024x600_scrot.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
help naman po sa puppy linux i'm trying to install sa hard drive ko di ko mainstall

help naman po sa puppy linux i'm trying to install sa hard drive ko di ko mainstall

Sa Ubuntu Tutorials Thread, I remember gumawa na ako ng tutorial about Puppy Linux kasi at one time nagka-interest ako sa paggamit niyan. Just check this link: http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=261361

...go to Page 1, First Post. Maraming tutorials dun sir, pakihanap na lang.

This is better lightweight distro than crunchbang,lubuntu and wattos in general...This is a debian-7.1.0-i386-lxde and you can download this on debian official site..

Galing talaga very quick and smooth:thumbsup:.Medyo wala lang non-free driver so you have to install it manually..:)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2013-08-14-202523_1024x600_scrot.jpg
    2013-08-14-202523_1024x600_scrot.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom