Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Mikrotik Router Guide: Basic Configuration, WiFi Hotspot and Captive Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekycat21

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
View attachment 282886

Mikrotik Router Guide: Basic Configuration, WiFi Hotspot and Captive Portal

I have written tutorials about configuring a mikrotik router.

I am done with typing how to wifi hotspot and how to do captive portal.

Sorry, to be deleted thread as advise by moderator as of 9/19/16 . Research nalang po kayo. Thanks.

Updates as of 2018: Pls refer to this thread. http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=1456302

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Re: Mikrotik Router Guide: Basic Configuration, WiFi Hotspot,Captive Portal

maganda to ts.. following po sa thread mo na to..

boss ito ba ung pang negosyo? na wifi ?

ilang kilameters kaya kaya neto?

thanks dito sir. magkano presyohan ng mikrotik router dito?

Hello po, bago lang po ako sa paggamit ng mikrotik. Ask ko lang po kung pano ma-bypass yung isang port. kasi po ganito nangyayari yung isang lan cable connected sa internet, and the other one lan cable nilagay ko both end sa port ng mikrotik after that wala ng internet yung wifi connected pero with yellow error. Ano pong pwedeng gawin. salamat po

boss ito ba ung pang negosyo? na wifi ?

ilang kilameters kaya kaya neto?

opo ito po yun. may nabasa po about dyan sa mikrotik forum at other sites. But i haven't tried to implement that payment method. But while doing research, I have read some articles that in order to implement that payment system, may something about "walled garden" and yung Radius Server, I think. I forgot kasi eh. And also yung range nang mikrotik Wifi is one large room. yung pang seminar or classroom. Actually it depend what type of Mikrotik router. yung sa akin maliit na Mikrotik router.

thanks dito sir. magkano presyohan ng mikrotik router dito?

Actually di ko po alam. Provided kasi nang company yung mikrotik router. But my boss told me that its really expensive daw.

Hello po, bago lang po ako sa paggamit ng mikrotik. Ask ko lang po kung pano ma-bypass yung isang port. kasi po ganito nangyayari yung isang lan cable connected sa internet, and the other one lan cable nilagay ko both end sa port ng mikrotik after that wala ng internet yung wifi connected pero with yellow error. Ano pong pwedeng gawin. salamat po

Confuse ako a bit sa problem mo. yung Lan cable that is connected to the internet , nilagay mo bah sa PORT 1? PORT 1 is for the internet (modem to router). PORT 2-5 (router to computer) is for to connect to a computer. The computer connected to the router will serve as a ADMINISTRATOR wherein you can configure your router. Nabasa mo na ba post ko? Naconfigure mo na ba ang router mo? if yes, make sure you input the right details. Kasi ganyan din yung problem ko before. Baguhan ako at walang alam. And always no internet access kahit meron wifi connected. Nakakafrustrate nga before. It took me a week before I was able to solve that problem by making the right configuration like putting the right IP address and etc. Please posts screenshots po here sa configuration nang router mo.

Last edited:
noob question. paano iset up yung dhcp na isp. i have a huawei b593 as may source of internet. globe sim.
napagana ko na yung sa ppoe (bayandsl) gusto ko sana mag load balance. thanks! :D

Last edited:
noob question. paano iset up yung dhcp na isp. i have a huawei b593 as may source of internet. globe sim.
napagana ko na yung sa ppoe (bayandsl) gusto ko sana mag load balance. thanks! :D

so makaka.internet access ka na sa router? or di pa? do you mean paano i set up yung DHCP sa router?

so makaka.internet access ka na sa router? or di pa? do you mean paano i set up yung DHCP sa router?

oo para makapaginternet. tama, paano ko maisetup yung router to connect to the internet using dhcp tye isp

Confuse ako a bit sa problem mo. yung Lan cable that is connected to the internet , nilagay mo bah sa PORT 1? PORT 1 is for the internet (modem to router). PORT 2-5 (router to computer) is for to connect to a computer. The computer connected to the router will serve as a ADMINISTRATOR wherein you can configure your router. Nabasa mo na ba post ko? Naconfigure mo na ba ang router mo? if yes, make sure you input the right details. Kasi ganyan din yung problem ko before. Baguhan ako at walang alam. And always no internet access kahit meron wifi connected. Nakakafrustrate nga before. It took me a week before I was able to solve that problem by making the right configuration like putting the right IP address and etc. Please posts screenshots po here sa configuration nang router mo.[/QUOTE]

Ok po sya sir, may internet po ako :) binigyan lang po kami ng situation example po meron po akong mikrotik with 24 ports yung port 1 sabi nyo po modem to router ok po tayo dun :) tapos yung isang lan cable sa pagmamadali nyo po nalagay nyo sa port 2 and yung isang end sa port 15 the time po na mailagay nyo mawawala po yung internet. Pano po kaya pwedeng gawin :))) salamat po

oo para makapaginternet. tama, paano ko maisetup yung router to connect to the internet using dhcp tye isp

still confused. Sorry di kasi ako expert sa mikrotik. in a noob level pa lang ako. well, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a client/server protocol that automatically provides an Internet Protocol (IP) host with its IP address and other related configuration information such as the subnet mask and default gateway. sabi ng boss ko (network admin) once a device is connected to the internet (WiFi by the mikrotik or by LAN), the router will be give the device its corresponding IP address, Subnet mask, and default gateway automatically para makaconnect daw sa internet. Yan po daw use ng DHCP sa router. As far as I know, yan lang po ang alam ko. I think I wont be able to help you. Sorry

- - - Updated - - -

Ok po sya sir, may internet po ako :) binigyan lang po kami ng situation example po meron po akong mikrotik with 24 ports yung port 1 sabi nyo po modem to router ok po tayo dun :) tapos yung isang lan cable sa pagmamadali nyo po nalagay nyo sa port 2 and yung isang end sa port 15 the time po na mailagay nyo mawawala po yung internet. Pano po kaya pwedeng gawin :))) salamat po

Actually na nosebleed po ako sa TAGALOG nyo. I don't understand clearly on Tagalog po eh. What type of mikrotik router u use? Mine, has only 5 ports. Did you mean if you connect from Port 15 of the router to the computer, you cant access the internet? Only port 15?

Actually na nosebleed po ako sa TAGALOG nyo. I don't understand clearly on Tagalog po eh. What type of mikrotik router u use? Mine, has only 5 ports. Did you mean if you connect from Port 15 of the router to the computer, you cant access the internet? Only port 15?

Ah ok sir, I mean i have a cloud router switch with 24 ports. This is the problem po, a scenario on which you wrongly put a lan cable both end - you put one end in the port 6 (example) and instead of putting the the other end in your laptop (or something) you accidentally put it in one of the remaining ports. If that happen all devices that connected to the router (or wifi) will disconnect to the internet. Is there anything I can do to ignore the looping happen. Thank you I hope you understand :))):pray:

Ah ok sir, I mean i have a cloud router switch with 24 ports. This is the problem po, a scenario on which you wrongly put a lan cable both end - you put one end in the port 6 (example) and instead of putting the the other end in your laptop (or something) you accidentally put it in one of the remaining ports. If that happen all devices that connected to the router (or wifi) will disconnect to the internet. Is there anything I can do to ignore the looping happen. Thank you I hope you understand :))):pray:

I tried that scenario on my router but nothing happen like all devices will be disconnected. It still works. :noidea: I think you can avoid that looping scenario if you just be careful not to connect it the other end to another port. Well, try this method --> remove that other end of port (where you connect to the remaining port) and restart your router. NOT RESET. RESET and RESTART are two different things. After the restart, see if you can connect your devices to the router and access the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

waw thanks for sharing sir

no problem po. As long as I could help people online. I know whats its like being a noob in mikrotik with only little and confusing resources. I want to help with what i know.

Sir Question po, ano po maganda at affordable na model ng mikrotik router ang dapat ko bilhin, saka pwede po ba gamitan ng tplink ap para maextend po ung wifi coverage?. Thanks po in advance.

Last edited:
ts GLOBE LTE CPE B593 pano b gawin ung my limit na hours and kung ilan lng pwde kumunek s wifi mo>>>>? gusto ko kasi ung my limit kung ilan g hours lng un pwde... pwede b un???? PAHELP NMN POOOOOOOOO.......

Sir Question po, ano po maganda at affordable na model ng mikrotik router ang dapat ko bilhin, saka pwede po ba gamitan ng tplink ap para maextend po ung wifi coverage?. Thanks po in advance.

I''ll ask my boss about it tomorrow. He has more knowledge about mikrotik router and stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

nice thanks dito ts.. :dance:

no problem po. :)

- - - Updated - - -

ts GLOBE LTE CPE B593 pano b gawin ung my limit na hours and kung ilan lng pwde kumunek s wifi mo>>>>? gusto ko kasi ung my limit kung ilan g hours lng un pwde... pwede b un???? PAHELP NMN POOOOOOOOO.......

Winbox > IP > Hotspot > Hotspot User Profile > set the Session Timeout (to limit hours) and set the Shared Users (to how many you like)

ts saan ko bubukasan yan? ung winbox hnd ko kasi alam ung user name at password ng GLOBE LTE CPE B593 nmin kakakabit lng kasi nito 2weeks pa lng

- - - Updated - - -

ts wla ako makitang winbox dun s modem ko n tattoo@home saan b makikita un?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom