Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Nokia Lumia 520 USERS Thread The Most Affordable Windows 8 Phone!

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 USERS Thread The Most Affordable Windows

Good day mga ka lumia, kakabili ko lang nung 520 ko 6 days ago, then after 3 days my na na encounter akong problema sa screen nya every time na papasok ako dun sa xbox games and music my mga red horizontal lines na lumalabas, dun lang naman sya sa application na un lumalabas. Then sinoli ko sa nokia pinalitan nman nila ng bago kaya observe ulit ako ngaun dito sa unit na to. may nka encounter naba sa inyo ng ganito?

Hindi ko naman naeencounter yung ganyan. Factory defect daw ba yan? Or kapag nahulog nagiging ganyan?

Guys, Im a Lumia 520 (Yellow) user here. My lumia came from abroad. Bigay lang kasi sakin to. Up to now wala pa din akong nakukuhang Update (amber and Black) kahit everyday ako nagchecheck ng phone update. Natry ko na din magsearch sa net for info kaya lang wla akong makuha. Eto details ng phone ko

OS Version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number: 1030.6408.1309.0001
Manufacturer name: RM-914_eu_euro1_352
Product Code: 059R3Z3

i-force update ko kaya? Any tutorials how? thanks for the reply. :)

Good day mga sir tanung ko lang po kung may nakaka alam kung saan pwede mag pa unlock ng lumia 521 salamat po in advance

nakuha ko ng lumia 525 ko smooth sya maganda nakapaglaro na ko ng asphalt 8 walang lag
ang kaso bilis malobat, di din naooff yung vibrate pag nagbaback ako

Guys, Im a Lumia 520 (Yellow) user here. My lumia came from abroad. Bigay lang kasi sakin to. Up to now wala pa din akong nakukuhang Update (amber and Black) kahit everyday ako nagchecheck ng phone update. Natry ko na din magsearch sa net for info kaya lang wla akong makuha. Eto details ng phone ko

January pa nag roll out ang black update ah, tapos ngayong april ang Cyan or windows phone 8.1, try mu magdownload ng develoler preview baka sakaling ma update mu, check this link on how to.

http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-updates-preview-developers-windows-phone

kilan ang roll out ng window 8.1 sa pinas sa mga naka L520...

nakuha ko ng lumia 525 ko smooth sya maganda nakapaglaro na ko ng asphalt 8 walang lag
ang kaso bilis malobat, di din naooff yung vibrate pag nagbaback ako

turn off/ block background tasks, reduce brightness, tapos off mo yung vibration sa buttons. 1430 mAh lang kasi ang battery life ng lumia so, medyo mabilis sya mag drain lalo na asphalt 8 pa ung nilalaro mo.

kilan ang roll out ng window 8.1 sa pinas sa mga naka L520...

starting this april daw, pero mga may natin makukuha yung update. Kung gusto mo naman, mag developer preview ka pra makuha mo yung update ng mas maaga.

__

Preview_for_Developers_WP81.jpg

Sa mga gustong makuha yung update ng mas maaga. Follow these steps : Preview for Developers

Last edited:

Manufacturer name: RM-914_eu_euro1_352 change ka ng country na nsa europe ....tapos try mo iupdate,,,,.....

Sir, Any tutorials po kung pano? newbie po ako sa lumia fone.. thanks!

But sir, if you're talking about changing the region then phone update, natry ko na po yun.. wala pa din po..

Last edited:

Uu, force update mo.. late na yung OS Version mo ang latest ngayon is 8.0.10521.155

Read this, http://www.wpcentral.com/how-sign-windows-phone-81-preview-developers

Good Suggestion Sir kaya lang hindi po ako marunong ng Force update e. Any tutorials you could give me? thanks TIA

Read and follow mo yung binigay ko na link.. Force update yan to latest version..

Click mo lang ung search button, pero kailangan mo munang palitan ung keyboard tsaka region mo sa US tas restart.

Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan Update Review
from WPcentral
Note: The official 8.1 update is not yet available. "Preview lang to for developers".

Preview_for_Developers_Windows_Phone.jpg

Kung gusto nyo magupdate read this
:book: Massive Guide for Preview for Developers

Windows Phone 8.1 Update Forums

Windows Phone 8.1 Review
5 pages about
- Start Screen
- Cortana ( Cortana is available only to US at the moment)
- Action Center / Notification
- Syncs etc

8 Tips WP 8.1
How to Search on WP 8.1
IE 11 features
Top 5 features of WP 8.1

Do you want Cortana Outside of US Here's how
Note : One side effect of doing this is it appears to disable the Store from loading on some devices. So consider this a preview of Cortana, or just be aware there could be some negative consequences
Mute Messages WP8.1

Bugs and Defects from wpcentral forums

Music Player Problem
Bugs and Defect Thread
List of What will you not like on WP 8.1
WP Store Down

So here it is the Preview of WP 8.1 Update.

Should I Update?

It's your choice definitely. If you want to experience the update this early.. Then give it a try but watch out for some bugs and defects that is mention above. Also, when you update the device its no turning back. :read:

Hindi ko pa inuupdate yung Lumia 520 ko. Hehe. Magbabasa basa muna ko :unsure: :f1:

Though I'm not a 520, I still want to post it here , Updated to Win 8.1 and it's great..
KnGJw7U.png

The following bugs and defects were posted by other users

1.volume bar missing and the all music app i have(Audiotica, official music app, radio player, not working
2.on an ativ s with wp 8.1 when opening camera and switching from photo to video multiple times
will break it and i have to restart the phone to get it working again :( reset camera won't fix it
3.I cant see the full name of the song if the name is too long in xbox music
4.It's only me, or on my L920 colours are more "washed out" now?
My Cobalt theme is a lot less "deep bluish", and more "purpleish" and light...
5.1 1/2 hours + to complete installation
6. Hard reset dosen't solve Wifi issues with broken updates so please beware and don't end up
like me who ended up downloading the update on their main handset
7.The Games live tile doesn't seem to animate anymore. Opening the tile shows
everything is there as expected, just the tile isn't animated.
8.Notification Center
where is the icon for data connection ?
more about data settings - why did they remove connection speed (2g, 3g, lte) I have 928 on tmobile and to send sms i need to switch to 2g. Known issue
9.App list
Dont like games being showed there
10.Can no longer get to facebook's desktop site in IE.
11.No matter what I do it redirects me to the mobile page.
12.Store is not loading on my device.
13.Cortana not working, I can't connect to any bing services, I ALWAYS get sent to mobile sites.
14.No inPrivate mode on IE!? Also the fb app is not working
15.My apps in store is showing apps i had installed but long time ago..
16. There's no double tap to sleep
17. WiFi lost signal intermittently
18. WiFi icon on action centre direct me to WiFi setting instead of on/off WiFi
19.6tag sometimes autoclose. Some of my games does it to. Tried restarting. Still the same.
I cant even post pictures using the fb app. Same goes with 6tag(from PH user)
20.battery drains faster
21.I turn in 30sec it goes into flight mode on and off, and this turn on.
22.brick is a possibility.

Solutions :
Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: =)

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.
So, be careful updating your phone

Back
Top Bottom