Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

OFFICIAL THREAD for LG GT540 a.k.a Optimus

baayjay-arr

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Para sa mga Optimus Users jan ito na poh ang thread natin..sana suportahan niu..:yipee::yipee::clap:

I recently flashed my android to the most coveted Rom which is CyanogenMod 7.1.0.A It comes with the Cyanogenmod Settings wherein you can fully tweak the cpu for faster performance and save battery. I'll post screenshots later.cp mode kc,,censya:lol::lol:

Ito po ahy para sa mga users na gustong imaximize ang gamit ng phone nila,,,:clap::clap::clap:

For Tutorials

1. Rooting the device..

2. Flashing your device to the latest Custom Roms like Swiftdroid v1.9 and SwiftDroid v2.0 CyanogenMod 7.1.0(2.3.4 Gingerbread)

The most coveted of all the custom ROMS, the CM7 ROM, has been available for LG Optimus GT540 for sometime. Only couple of weeks before, a new version 2.3.4 was released and I just tried it out and was completely amazed by the ROM, just like everybody who has ever tried it is. Following is the tutorial for all LG GT540. The whole time I’ve used this ROM I have not had any problems, everything works perfect and fast. LG Android Phones
FIRST TIME FLASHING CM7 TO YOUR LG OPTIMUS GT540 PHONE: LG Cell Phone Software
Make sure your phone is fully charged! Update process will take some time.
Make sure there’s enough free space at your internal sdcard (200MB)
Download KDZ Updater. (Include KDZ Updater and RomFastboot) http://www.fileserve.com/file/DvS66ex
Download Android 2.3.4 http://www.fileserve.com/file/CVF2r9v
How to flash LG Optimus GT540 to CM7 Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Instructions: LG Phone Problem and Solution
1- During installation, all your data will erase (contacts, configurations, data and applications installed), but if you dont want to lose the information, you should make a backup using MyBackupPro. http://www.fileserve.com/file/sTYJNgs
2- To install Android 2.3.4, you need to first have a fastboot rom installed on the LG Optimus GT540. If your phone already has a rom with fastboot skip to step 11.
3- Install msxml.
4- Then install the necessary drivers for your LG Optimus GT540 to be recognized, for this installLGAndroidDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver1.0_All_Win7-Vista (you can use this for XP, Vista and 7) http://www.fileserve.com/file/jKM8rwy (Archivos proporcionados por jaret). FOR WINDOWS XP USERS also need to download this: http://www.fileserve.com/file/DpKzhqa ,unzip it and right click file android_usb and click "Install."
5- Run KDZ_FW_UPD. Change “Type” a “3GQCT” and “PhoneMode” “DIAG”. Browse romfastboot.kdz in KDZ Folder and clic Open.

check this out:

http://www.lg-phones.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/161.png

6-In your phone ABLE DEBUGGING USB, Settings>Aplications>Development> USB Debugging
7- Plug the cable into your LG Optimus GT540 and PC, and expects to be fully recognized by the drivers.
8- Now clic “Launch software update”, DO NOT USE THE PC TO THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE. THE PHONE WILL REBOOT WHEN FINISHED THE PROCESS IN KDZ. (The process takes about 15 minutes in KDZ).
9- When this process completes, the fastboot is now installed on phone.
10-UNPLUG OR DISCONECT THE PHONE FROM PC.
11. Turn off your phone, press the camera button and power button while pressing do not leave until the FastBoot mode is activated, you will realize that it is activated when there appears nothing on the screen just stay with the backlight on.
12- CONNECT THE PHONE TO PC. Run “Android234GT540” and follow the steps of the installer. (DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE)

this one too:

http://www.lg-phones.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Picture2011061218_24_55.png

13- NOW YOU HAVE ANDROID GINGERBREAD 2.3.4 IN YOUR PHONE. Change the language in Settings.

3. OPENVPN and working configs(no registration needed for configs and I recommend CyanogenMod Rom for easy set-up..

4. Problems with your Data Signal like 3g to establish internet connection.

You can also share your useful apps, games and what not to this thread.:salute::salute:

I will update mu thread next tym for the tuts but you can ask questions for the mean time,,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:dance::dance:Just post your questions here guys..:dance::dance:

Last edited:
Hi.. ano ba un suitable na opera mini para sa gt540? nde ko kasi mapagana ung nakikita ko dito na operamini 5.. im not sure if im doing it right hehe.. im using smart and globe..thanks! btw, nde rooted ung phone ko pero upgraded siya sa 2.1 from 1.6..thanks

sir marami na taung modded opera mini jan na pwede sa phone natin,,kuha ka sa android apps..tas hanap ka ng working settings nagkalat lng yan sa tbi2.hehe..openvpn kc gamit ko eh.stable tas good for downloading apps on market,tas magagamit mu p mga pre-installed apps and games required net connection:clap::dance::clap:,,matanung ku lng ung rom mu ba may fastboot?:noidea:

Hi.. ano ba un suitable na opera mini para sa gt540? nde ko kasi mapagana ung nakikita ko dito na operamini 5.. im not sure if im doing it right hehe.. im using smart and globe..thanks! btw, nde rooted ung phone ko pero upgraded siya sa 2.1 from 1.6..thanks

nga pla kung gusto mu iroot ung phone mu ito download mu tas install mu lng..then install mu lng tas tap permanent root..

dko alam san makikita ung fastboot.. wala nman ako iniinstall dito other than ung nakikita ko sa market.. bago pa lang kc.. takot ako mag root e.. db once na inalis mo ung mem card magccrash daw ung phone? wat do u mean openvpn? thanks much :help:

dko alam san makikita ung fastboot.. wala nman ako iniinstall dito other than ung nakikita ko sa market.. bago pa lang kc.. takot ako mag root e.. db once na inalis mo ung mem card magccrash daw ung phone? wat do u mean openvpn? thanks much :help:

..para lumabas fastboot sa smatphone natin,,pag naka off cp mu,,press and hold camera + power..pag nag blue and blank un screen mu it means nasa fastboot mode ka na,,wag ka matakot magroot hehe install mu lng ung nka attach jan sa taas tas tap permanent root,,at para a openvpn,,free net yan na khitwala kng lod pwede mu gamitin lhat ng apps pati un market and downloading,,yan gamit ko ngaun..basta ask k ln sagot ko..tas hit mu n din ung :thanks: button,,ok

Un mern n pla n2 dto.slmt naman.ilan b tyng nka gt540?yoko p kc mgflash ng rom,ncra ko n kc to e.bgng plt lng board.sn mern n tunko for stock eclair.slmt d2 s thread.

kuya, i've had this phone for nearly a year already. but takot ako mag flash at mag-upgrade ng OS. may kailangang specs ba ng comp or let's say internet speed para mag update ng OS ng phone? i can actually comprehend sa intructions but still takot lang baka mag-crash eh. salamat. i'm studying everything you posted here.

after a day i already got it, thanks po sa tuts. :3 just gonna update this to the latest version of 2.3.7 :))

Last edited:
Sir pede po ba custom ROM na to sa LG-P970 Optimus Black?
Kung hindi naman po pede, pano po mag-root ng unit na to?? Help??:upset:

Free domain name registration
clickthru.cgi

paul87st

paul87st

mating7.jpg

cHCJ

mga boss, badly need your help.
I've got a big proplem, my GT540 doesn't boot anymore it always freezes when the LG sign appears. any advice?

pno po malalaman kung rooted ang gt540?? patulong nmn po.. thanks..:pray:

help guys

kasi ung LG ko nakaka konnect sa wifi nakakapag browse but then mga 15mins nawawala ung data transfer nka never na ung sleep sa wifi
di ko madetermine ang sira

CyanogenMoD 7 2.3.7 sya

HELP po

good day po..

:help:ask lng po ako kung pano ba maayos ang lg gt540 ko po, pgmerong incoming call hindi ko na malalamn kung cno tumatawag kc po home screen lng ang nkadisplay..

reformat ba ang kelangn nyan? pano po ba ireformat ang lg gt540..

tnx po..

Un mern n pla n2 dto.slmt naman.ilan b tyng nka gt540?yoko p kc mgflash ng rom,ncra ko n kc to e.bgng plt lng board.sn mern n tunko for stock eclair.slmt d2 s thread.

LG GT540 user here ;)
safe naman po ang magflash ng custom rom sir,
anyways, you can back.up naman in any case na masira yong phone sa flashing,
pero sa first time ko palang magflash ng custom rom,
so far, wala po akong naencounter na error :)

kuya, i've had this phone for nearly a year already. but takot ako mag flash at mag-upgrade ng OS. may kailangang specs ba ng comp or let's say internet speed para mag update ng OS ng phone? i can actually comprehend sa intructions but still takot lang baka mag-crash eh. salamat. i'm studying everything you posted here.

after a day i already got it, thanks po sa tuts. :3 just gonna update this to the latest version of 2.3.7 :))

good day po :hat:
actually, you don't need an internet connection access para mag.upgrade or flashing a custom rom,
siguro gagamit ka lang net kasi may kelangan kang idownload na mga tools para sa flashing and upgrading :)

~ at don naman po sa System Requirement?
i suggest na doon po kayo sa Windows 7 PC, or Windows XP SP 3
may ibang pc po kasi na hindi nila nadedetect/kulang yong LG Drivers po na needed para sa flashing na gagawin natin,
specially doon na sa part na magflashboot na tayo :)
any questions, please dont hesitate to ask ;)

Sir pede po ba custom ROM na to sa LG-P970 Optimus Black?
Kung hindi naman po pede, pano po mag-root ng unit na to?? Help??:upset:

pang LG GT540 lang po to kuya :)

mga boss, badly need your help.
I've got a big proplem, my GT540 doesn't boot anymore it always freezes when the LG sign appears. any advice?

meaning po ba nyan, ayaw na nyang magboot talaga ng tuloy-tuloy? nastuck lang don sa LG sign boot? :unsure:

help guys

kasi ung LG ko nakaka konnect sa wifi nakakapag browse but then mga 15mins nawawala ung data transfer nka never na ung sleep sa wifi
di ko madetermine ang sira

CyanogenMoD 7 2.3.7 sya

HELP po

parang may issue po talaga sa WIFI/3G connection yan CM7 sir, same with me,
parang nawala yong 3G connection ko :unsure:
anyways, try to restart lang po, baka okay na :)

sir... diko madownload ung version ng android dun sa http://www.fileserve.com/file/CVF2r9v.. kylangn daw akin ung account na un,... pano po un?

Pakisunod lang po ng instructions http://androidforums.com/optimus-gt...ad-swiftdroid-cm-7-1-lg-gt540-new-method.html

its Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 tested by me :approve:

good day po..

:help:ask lng po ako kung pano ba maayos ang lg gt540 ko po, pgmerong incoming call hindi ko na malalamn kung cno tumatawag kc po home screen lng ang nkadisplay..

reformat ba ang kelangn nyan? pano po ba ireformat ang lg gt540..

tnx po..

Homescreen lang po? meaning walang lumalabas na number/contact name? :unsure:
make sure na hindi po nakadouble po yong nakasave na contacts? :unsure:
haven't encountered such error yet. pasensya po :)

. . . .
@ TS - baayjay-arr :
do you have plans to update your thread sir? :)
yong mga download links po kasi ay matagal na pong hindi gumagana :)
maybe we could start a new, organized thread of LG GT540 users :)
Thanks! :)

Last edited:
tnx po sa sagot po..

pano po ba mgupgrade ng lg gt540?

Last edited:
tnx po sa sagot po..

pano po ba mgupgrade ng lg gt540?

you're welcome po :)

by the way, anong android version ka ngayon?
ano gusto mo? 2.1 Eclair, 2.3.7 gingerbread or yong latest android 4.0 jeally bean :)

- - - - - -

nandyan pa kaya si ts? maganda sana na iupdate natin tong thread,
lalo kasing gumaganda phone natin :approve:

- - - - -

Update :

Successfully upgraded! :excited:

from 2.3.7 Gingerbread SwiftDroid to Android 4.0 Project Ice Cream Swift ~ CyanogenMod 9 :alright:

:help: bumabalik lang sa ANDROID kapag inoopen..
ayaw pumunta sa mismong menu, ayaw magtuloy mag-open..
pede ba ito pangflash dun??

:pray:

Back
Top Bottom