Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Pa-Cham Kilawin Tenga ng Baboy or Pig Ears in Vinegar

pROAddictus

Symbianize Elder
Prime Member
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Good Luck
---> Pa-Cham Kilawin Tenga ng Baboy or Pig Ears in Vinegar <---

I am going to share a recipe I learned from my parents. It is called Pa-Cham Kilawin Tenga ng Baboy or Pig Ears in Vinegar. Fancy, right? The pa-cham is derived form the Filipino word chamba or pa-chamba, trial-and-error in the English language. Hehe! I love this recipe especially for dinner if served with the healthy brown rice. Actually, there are lots of versions of this recipe all over Philippines. Most of them I think is better than my version. Hehe! But I don't care, I just wanna share and if you'd like you may try this yummy recipe also. Here it is...

Ingredients

1 piece pig ear with *maskara (face part of the pig)
1 piece big onion; minced
2 thumb-sized ginger; peeled, crushed then minced
2 stalks spring onion; minced
1 piece medium-sized red bell pepper; slice into small parts
1 piece tomato; cubed
1 cup white vinegar; I prefer sukang *pinakurat (Iligan City specialty)
salt to taste
*pinch of sugar; I don't use MSG
additional *siling labuyo* (Thai pepper, Bird's Eye Chili, chilli pepper, chili pepper, Cayenne pepper) for a stronger spice

Note: What's good with these ingredients is that they are all available in the wet market and even supermarkets anywhere in the Philippines.

Procedure

1. Tenderize the pig ear with *maskara in a pan of *saline solution ( just enough water to cover the meat and enough salt to flavor). The time the meat to tenderize depends the age of the pig you used. TO be able to know if the meat is soft enough to be a kilawin is by using fork. If you can punch a hole in the ear with fork without using force, then the pork ear is well-done.

2. Drain water.

3. If it is clear from dripping water and if you can endure the heat, start slicing the ear and maskara in thin and long slices ( ideally one inch by 1/8 inch). It actually depends in your preference.

4. Put the sliced pig ear in a deep bowl. Add the onion, ginger red bell pepper. Mix!

5. Add the vinegar and mix.

6. Add the salt according to your taste.

7. Add a pinch of sugar.

8. If the desired flavor is achieved, add the tomato, spring onion and siling labuyo to finalize the dish!

9. Serve with newly-cooked rice.

Try nyo!!!

Last edited:
parang sisig lang ito ts ah, try ko to mukhang masarap nga to

@ home - ganun ba? hehehe! try mo lang, sana masarapan ka! heheheh

@ icedfinch17 - I love dinakdakan, pero iba to, may similarity lang siguro. di ako marunong mag prepare nun. at saka may UTAK yun ng baboy.. mmmmm!

sino naka try?

bakit may kamatis? wala naman kamatis ang sisig

bakit may kamatis? wala naman kamatis ang sisig
kaya nga po pa-cham kasi this is not the usual preparation ng sisig or kilawin... natsambahan lang na masarap yung pagkaka-prepare kaya pwede na rin...

well done TS... gagawin ko 'to...

kaya nga po pa-cham kasi this is not the usual preparation ng sisig or kilawin... natsambahan lang na masarap yung pagkaka-prepare kaya pwede na rin...

well done TS... gagawin ko 'to...

oo, kase hinde sizzling yan... kilawin... hehehe.. yung kamatis, hmmm, parang nagblend lang kase sa preparation, basta nasarapan ako... hehehe

pede ring kanin.. heheheh!

malamig ang panahon... ilabas ang "HARD" at mamulutan nito ka-symb... *tulo laway

bump ko lang for ka-symbs na mahilig sa TANDUAY! tubig lang chaser! ---- ito ang perpektong pulutan!

try mong i-improvise tapos share mo ka -symb!

kagutom naman kahit kakain ko palang hehe

ginsang bawang, sibuyas at kamatis sabay lagay ng itlog namay ginisa mix na binate antayin ng konti may pizza egg kana.

Hahahah! Tama Ka-Symb.. Pero kahit walang ginisa mix, pedeng pede na!

Back
Top Bottom