Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

pa help naman mga boss please

paperheart10

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
:help:

Penge naman po ako resume kailangan k po kasi mag apply trabaho, di ko alam kung san nakakabili dito saamin, wala o ako sa pilipinas ngayon, pero mabute nalang nakaka gamit na ako Symbianize dito samin. please? :pray:

Ang resume po ay hindi binibili. Ikaw ang gagawa po nun. Di pwedeng ipagawa sa iba dahil ikaw lang ang nakakaalam sa sarili mo. Mga INFO mo. SChool you graduated. etc.

Creating a resume

this might be pretty helpful...(source:http://www.ccexploration.org/PDF files/Employment Handbook/PARTS OF A RESUME.pdf)

PARTS OF A RESUME

**HEADING/IDENTIFICATION: Include your full, legal name, permanent address and phone number, with the area code, cell phone number, and e-mail address.

** JOB OBJECTIVE: A job objective should state what you want to do, the position you are interested in and should be employer-focused. Modify your objective to fit each employer and position you target.

**SUMMARY or PROFILE: (optional) a summary includes three or four bulleted statements highlighting your skills, enticing the reader to look at the rest of the resume. It supports the objective. Quantify the statements whenever possible.

**EDUCATION: List all your relevant education, training, and certifications. List degrees(s) awarded, school(s) attended, dates of attendance or year of graduation/completion and your program/major. List your education in chronological order, starting with your most recent first. Include your grade point average if it is a B or better.

**QUALIFICATIONS or SKILLS: Provide a concise list of your qualifications, skills, and accomplishments that are requirements for the position you are seeking. Use action statements to describe these and quantify whenever possible. List in order of importance. It is not necessary to identify the employment situation where these qualifications were obtained. Include computer software/hardware skills, technical skills, percent of increase in production, sales, etc.

**AWARDS/ACHIEVEMENTS/HONORS: You can use this as a separate category or place this information under the Education heading. This area should highlight formal recognitions, professional and academic awards.

**WORK EXPERIENCE: Include the name of the employer, geographic location (city and state only), position title, dates of employment, a brief statement of duties and your major contributions and accomplishments. Include military experience, internships/cooperative and volunteer experience. List these in reverse chronological order - the most recent first.

**ACTIVITIES AND ASSOCIATIONS: Include participation in professional associations, student government, clubs, or community activities. Include the name of the organization and any leadership roles you held.

**REFERENCES: Indicate that these are available upon request. Prepare a list of references on a separate piece of paper. Include the person’s name, job title, phone number, name, and address of the organization. DO NOT PUT YOUR REFERENCES ON YOUR RESUME.
===================

(SAMPLE OF OPTIONAL HEADINGS
The following are some common resume section headings and possible alternatives you may choose from:)

OBJECTIVE
Career Goal, Career Interest, Career Objective, Employment Objective, Job Objective, Professional Objective, etc.

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highlights of Qualifications, Professional Summary, Profile, Qualifications, etc.

EDUCATION
Academic Background, Academic History, Academic Training, Educational History, etc.

WORK EXPERIENCE
Clinical Experience, Computer Experience, Employment, Employment History, Experience Highlights, Internships, Summer Work, Practicum Experience, Professional Background, Related Experience, Sales Experience, Volunteer Experience, etc.

ACTIVITIES
Athletics, Campus Activities, Campus Involvement, Civic Involvement, Community Activities, Community Service, Professional Activities, etc.

SKILLS
Accomplishments, Areas of Expertise, Areas of Knowledge, Certifications, Qualifications, Special Skills and Training, Professional Development, Professional Skills, Professional Training, Technical Tools, Workshops, Accounting Skills, Computer Competencies, etc.

PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
Associations, Memberships, Professional Affiliations, Societies, etc.

PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Articles in Progress, Concerts, Conference Presentations, Current Research Interest, Publications, Presentations, Writing Experience, etc.

HONORS
Achievements, Awards, Distinctions, Recognitions, Scholarships, etc.

REASON’S WHY EMPLOYERS MAY NOT
REVIEW YOUR RESUME

>>PHYSICAL APPEARANCE IS SLOPPY: poorly typed and printed, uneven margins or inconsistent spacing, font too small or to fancy to read, paper not appropriate, looks unprofessional

>>ERRORS: misspelled or misuse of words, poor grammar, typographical errors

>>DISORGANIZED: information is scattered, hard to follow, employer has to search for information

>>TOO LONG/OVERWRITTEN: one page, no more than two; unnecessary information, unrelated to your job qualifications, long paragraphs and sentences

>>TOO SHORT: not enough information, gives only bare essentials of dates and job titles, sparse in describing duties or accomplishments on various jobs

>> WRONG RESUME: resume does not fit position applying for; content does not support objective

>> INFORMATION NOT CURRENT: resume does not include current information

>>CONTACT INFORMATION MISSING: leaving out information such as your name, mailing address or telephone number

>>CONTAINS PERSONAL INFORMATION: do not include information about age, marital status, health, height, weight, gender, photographs, etc.

>>NO COVER LETTER: resume misdirected, sending resume without a cover letter

>>>>>Remember that a resume is the the first move to be noticed. If your resume is not interesting, then the company will not be interested in you anymore. <<<

note: This is purely based on what is in the website. I will update this soon with my own sample...wait lang, hehehe

Last edited:
Remember that a resume is your first chance to impress and be noticed. Your job search starts at creating your resume. So let me give you helpful tips on how to create a 'successful' resume.

*Make it formal. You are not creating a slum book. Use black font and limit the font to at most two varieties. The most commonly used fonts are Times New Roman, Courier, and Bookman.

*If possible limit the page to at most three pages (that is even too much, actually). There is no need to include the personal information like bithdate, gender, age, etc. The most important part of the resume are those that your employer really cares about--educational background and/or work experiences.

*Consider the position you are applying for when you create a resume. Include skills that are only applicable to the position you are trying to apply. It is advisable not to include fancy and unnecessary things like: honest, industrious and the like. Can work with less supervision is okay.

*Make sure that the information are updated. They might end up calling your old unused number and you might regret missing the chance.

*After creating your resume, make sure to proofread it. A single misspelled word is discouraged but acceptable. Too many mistake/wrong information is hilarious! It is the same with bidding the job goodbye.

After everything is followed, give yourself a pat on the back. Prepare your smile and boost your confidence. You are now ready to get a job!

note: I now have a sample resume attached.

hope this helps you guys!

Attachments

• Copy of sample resume.pdf
    67 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
@enzoy90
I don't have that much to put in my resume.

I only got a high school diploma and I don't even have any work experience

what kind of resume format is best suited for me?
target job call center :D

Last edited:
Same Question with sir Boogie_monster.

undergrad po kasi ako, ata wala pang working experience

Hello po! :hello:

If you don't have any work experience, you can include what your skills, strengths and abilities are.

Some are like these:

• Hard-working, self-motivated and could stand long hours of work under pressure
• Works with minimum supervision
• Computer literate (Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paintshop)
• Can speak English fluently
• Dedicated to work
• Organized and systematic
• Flexible in multi-tasking job

hope this helps! :happy:

CLICK :thanks: PLEASE! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I totally agree with imouto.

@boogie_monster and paperheart10

It is okay if you are an undergrad or a high school graduate. You can follow the same format, just remember this.

*For the career objective, you may state one or more of the following (You may also create your own, just use your inate talent ):

To be a team player in an ever-growing company that promotes career advancement.

To start a successful carrier and grow along with a dynamic company.

Seeking an entry-level position to further my Customer Service Skills in a dignified organization.

A diligent high school graduate/ IT undergraduate student/ short course graduate student seeking to utilize the technical knowledge earned in my degree within a top notch company.

*Remove the Professional Background and Accomplishment.

*If you have awards/distinction during your school days include that as a plus factor.

*Stress on your skills. Place it under Level of Proficiency.

*Also mention any related/important trainings and seminars you had attended.

You might also want to know more about student resume and/or some sample resume.

Hope this helps!

@enzoy90
Thank you po :) I got everything what I need, the only problem left is to overcome my nervousness :lol:

@enzoy90
Thank you po :) I got everything what I need, the only problem left is to overcome my nervousness :lol:

juskupo, wag ka papatalo sa nerbiyos! :slap:

just be yourself and answer the interviewer's question as honest and polite as you can. be confident! :beat:

one of the key to your success is confidence; and how you show your personality to the employer. if he sees that you are genuine and confident of yourself, you have a great chance to get the job! :dance::dance:

idunno....
sometimes I just mumble stuff when I'm getting nervous :c and when things becomes slightly uncomfortable my face turns to red easily :( huhu

turning into a tomato during the interview is okay, right? xD

That is not a problem boogie_monster. Nervousness is normal. Just make sure to maintain your composure. I am almost certain your interviewer will notice your redness and might make fun/ comment about it. It is imperative that at this point you will not show that you are affected. Just laugh it off. :thumbsup:
Confidence. Confidence. Confidence. That was all I got when I applied here in my current company. And can you imagine that I was hired? :beat: :dance: Also, remember that practice makes perfect. You might need to fail in an interview several times before you can completely overcome that predicament. Don't be discouraged. Let the wise word of Sir Winston Churchill remind you that "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm." Good luck on your job search!

I totally agree with enzoy! Failing some interviews is just normal. Practice makes perfect! Don't get discouraged if di ka matanggap sa ibang inapplyan mo. The next interviews will be better for you, you'll see!

pag ninenerbiyos ka, just laugh it off. it will make you and your interviewer more comfortable and it will be a good, as in good start! it will show how great your personality is. mas ok pag kwela yung interview, mas nakikilala ka ng employer, pero know your limits ha. :)

I've applied to six or less bpo companies yet find myself unlucky. One company from Ortigas got me to a final interview but then failed to pass.I got pretty ill(toothache) that day but then I cant be absent because it was an opportunity for me.I was really annoyed by the pain and started to feel uncomfortable. this might the reason why i failed.sayang Y_Y

@.@

hello guys.hehe it's been a long time since the last post in this thread ha.hope u read this.hehe ako po gs2 ko magwork,im 18yrs old..im supposed to be 3rd year BSIT this sem pero nagstop ako.. pm nio naman ako if u have something that might help me :] sana CC. iwant to experience working there :] thanks guys. pa pm nlng or email me po. villamor_joebert@yc

Recruitment Consultant po ako sa isang Multi-national company. Ang masasabi ko lang malaking tulong kung sa interview i-emphasize nyo yung competencies like: Achievement Orientedness, Analytical Ability, Communications Skills (Oral & Written), Creativity,Decision, Making Skills, Diversity Orientation, Flexibility, Initiative/Asseriveness,Interpersonal Skills,Job Motivation, Judgment, Leadership, Management Skills, Persuasiveness, Planning and Organizing Skills, Presentation Skills, Problem-Solving Skills,Team Building/Team Work, Time Management.. kahit site examples or situations tungkol sa mga yan.. At kung tatanungin naman kayo ng weakness nyo, dapat work/performance related at state nyo rin kung papaano nyo i-cocompensate yung weakness nyo.

Yun lang po. =)

:wow: this is a very nice thread. Very imformative and very helpful. Keep this thread alive. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom