Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[POLL SURVEY] Is Islam a violent religion, or not?

Is Islam a violent religion?

• Total voters
Unfair naman din sa lahat na igeneralize as them being violent. May mga iba lang siguro na mali pagkakaintindi sa paniniwala or pretending to be Islam para may maisisi lang.

Yeah :no: Dahil ang dami ring Christians na gumagawa ng violence dito sa mundo :lol:

Catholic ako pero ang masasabi ko lang ay...

Kahit anong Relihiyon pa napapabilang ang isang tao, meron talagang MASAMA at MABUTI.

At..

Utak kulangot lang magsasabi na Violent Religion ang Islam o ano pa mang Religion dyan. :sigh::madslap:

Unfair naman din sa lahat na igeneralize as them being violent. May mga iba lang siguro na mali pagkakaintindi sa paniniwala or pretending to be Islam para may maisisi lang.

Yeah :no: Dahil ang dami ring Christians na gumagawa ng violence dito sa mundo :lol:

Catholic ako pero ang masasabi ko lang ay...

Kahit anong Relihiyon pa napapabilang ang isang tao, meron talagang MASAMA at MABUTI.

At..

Utak kulangot lang magsasabi na Violent Religion ang Islam o ano pa mang Religion dyan. :sigh::madslap:

thank you for being open minded sir/ma'am. :salute:

Last edited:
Kahit pa mawala ang Taliban, ang Al Qaeda, ang ISIS, ang Boko Haram, si Osama Bin Laden, may susulpot at susulpot na mga bagong Islamic extremists at terrorists. Hindi ang mga un ang problema. Ang religion mismo ang problema.

Hi Sir,

all i can say is, if you have the time to read stuff on anti-islamic sites, why not learn from a legit islamic site to learn the truth about islam? eh?.

peace! :)

--------------------------------------
Just a random scan and that's what i got, well anyway here's a cut off paragraph from that 'Anti-Islamic' site just like you said:

"This is what makes the Quran's verses of violence so dangerous. They are given the weight of divine command. While Muslim terrorists take them as literally as anything else in their holy book, and understand that Islam is incomplete without Jihad, moderates offer little to contradict them - outside of personal opinion. Indeed, what do they have? Speaking of peace and love may win over the ignorant, but when every twelfth verse of Islam's holiest book either speaks to Allah's hatred for non-Muslims or calls for their death, forced conversion, or subjugation, it's little wonder that sympathy for terrorism runs as deeply as it does in the broader community - even if most Muslims personally prefer not to interpret"

This reflects what is going on today [not to be taken for granted] where lately there were cases of bombings and war. In Syria the only way is by forcing Sharia Law. And I think it condones to what it says from what they do.
It looks different from the outside world anyway. If they're not true to there religion then they should stop using the name of religion for there cause.

di po ako islam or muslim. pero naniniwala ako na islam is not a violent religion. Kahit ano pa pong religion yan or anti christ/god may mga violent member din kahit ako nung bata pa naging violent din (nakakapanakit ako). di ko ide-deny yan di din ako magmamalinis.hehe pero syempre ngayon di ako violent,haha nililinaw lang mga ka-symb. Sa akin lang naman huwag sana natin husgahan agad (lahat) base sa aksyon ng ilan. :) :) :)

--------------------------------------
Just a random scan and that's what i got, well anyway here's a cut off paragraph from that 'Anti-Islamic' site just like you said:

"This is what makes the Quran's verses of violence so dangerous. They are given the weight of divine command. While Muslim terrorists take them as literally as anything else in their holy book, and understand that Islam is incomplete without Jihad, moderates offer little to contradict them - outside of personal opinion. Indeed, what do they have? Speaking of peace and love may win over the ignorant, but when every twelfth verse of Islam's holiest book either speaks to Allah's hatred for non-Muslims or calls for their death, forced conversion, or subjugation, it's little wonder that sympathy for terrorism runs as deeply as it does in the broader community - even if most Muslims personally prefer not to interpret"

This reflects what is going on today [not to be taken for granted] where lately there were cases of bombings and war. In Syria the only way is by forcing Sharia Law. And I think it condones to what it says from what they do.
It looks different from the outside world anyway. If they're not true to there religion then they should stop using the name of religion for there cause.

well, to make it short, if you guys use those sites to critique the teachings of Islam, then, you don't have any difference with those claiming to be muslims (ISIS, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf).

because, logic dictates, that, you're talking to a muslim, who, understand the context of those verses, and do nothing about it. i.e. don't strap a bomb on my body and kill innocent lives, cut the head of people and etc.

that's the difference between being ignorant and not, knowing something from the right source and from the wrong source.

i don't know, just like what i said, if you really want to know Islam, ask a muslim. not a claiming to be muslim.

peace :)

- - - Updated - - -

di po ako islam or muslim. pero naniniwala ako na islam is not a violent religion. Kahit ano pa pong religion yan or anti christ/god may mga violent member din kahit ako nung bata pa naging violent din (nakakapanakit ako). di ko ide-deny yan di din ako magmamalinis.hehe pero syempre ngayon di ako violent,haha nililinaw lang mga ka-symb. Sa akin lang naman huwag sana natin husgahan agad (lahat) base sa aksyon ng ilan. :) :) :)

mabuhay po kayo sir, salamat sa inyo at bukas ang inyong isipan. :salute:

Last edited:
well, to make it short, if you guys use those sites to critique the teachings of Islam, then, you don't have any difference with those claiming to be muslims (ISIS, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf).

because, logic dictates, that, you're talking to a muslim, who, understand the context of those verses, and do nothing about it. i.e. don't strap a bomb on my body and kill innocent lives, cut the head of people and etc.

that's the difference between being ignorant and not, knowing something from the right source and from the wrong source.

i don't know, just like what i said, if you really want to know Islam, ask a muslim. not a claiming to be muslim.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so theyre not muslims nor true Islam & using the religion which they claim but they are but not. Now I cant trust my eyes, ears, or thoughts who the real muslims or the true Islam.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so theyre not muslims nor true Islam & using the religion which they claim but they are but not. Now I cant trust my eyes, ears, or thoughts who the real muslims or the true Islam.

yes sir, and we can just use our common senses, right? like the other muslims countries, if Islam really preaches killing the non-muslims, why is it, that there's a lot of non-muslims in saudi, qatar, oman, uae and so on. right? why are they still alive? or perhaps, you, why are you still alive and talking a to a muslim? if Islam teaches me to kill you. right?.

anyways, that's what media is doing, feeding you stuff about the real teaching of Islam which is in fact not.

Peace. :)

Pag-aralan mo ang history ng Islam kung paano xa nabuo at lumaganap bago mo sabihing hindi xa violent religion.

Irony ang "religion of peace." May peace lang sa Islam kung lahat ay Muslim, hindi lang basta lahat ay Muslim kundi lahat ay Shia gaya sa Iran o lahat ay Sunni gaya sa Morocco. Kapag divided ang population ng Shia at Sunni gaya sa Iraq, sila sila mismo ang nagpapatayan.

Pag-aralan mo ang history ng Islam kung paano xa nabuo at lumaganap bago mo sabihing hindi xa violent religion.

Irony ang "religion of peace." May peace lang sa Islam kung lahat ay Muslim, hindi lang basta lahat ay Muslim kundi lahat ay Shia gaya sa Iran o lahat ay Sunni gaya sa Morocco. Kapag divided ang population ng Shia at Sunni gaya sa Iraq, sila sila mismo ang nagpapatayan.

intellectually speaking, that's not really an intellectual move by studying the "HISTORY"of Islam? then make the judgement via "the history" of Islam?.

anyways, it's just, you really love us muslims that you're trying your best to feed people with your opinion.

Sad to say, not all Muslims are terrorist, but all terrorist are Muslims.

Sad to say, not all Muslims are terrorist, but all terrorist are Muslims.

the same as the media says ma'am, if he/she is american or white "just mad or psycho" but if he/she muslim "terrorist".

View attachment 247570

pare pareho lang nag co-cause ng terror sa tao and yet, only use it to the muslims, because, you are already used to it by the help of our good friends (media).

:)

Attachments

• uHuGRIk.jpg
    uHuGRIk.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
intellectually speaking, that's not really an intellectual move by studying the "HISTORY"of Islam? then make the judgement via "the history" of Islam?.

anyways, it's just, you really love us muslims that you're trying your best to feed people with your opinion.

You can mislead unsuspecting readers by trying to whitewash the obvious violent teachings the Koran advocates for and dismiss them as being "taken out of context" or misinterpreted by appealing to your own interpretation of your religion. But you cannot do that with history. There is no better way to assess the true nature of every religion but to look up on its history because history is not open for one's interpretation. It is not something that you adjust to suit your own perception of reality. It is a literal reading of past events. It is what it is. It is indisputable. And history clearly shows that Islam was founded on violence. It was spread through violence. It thrives through violence. It advocates for violence. In fact, there would no Islam today without all the wars and violence it instigated in the past because violence is at the very heart and origin of Islam. Even Muhammad's life was filled with violence. Violence was prevalent throughout the history of Islam. Ever since the birth of Islam, violent jihad burst out of Arabia. Muhammad and his successors engaged in imperialistic wars and conquered what they could and made them Muslims. And these Islamic terrorists today are just emulating what their forebears did in the earlier years of Islam. If anything, they are probably the best representation of Islam. They know their true history better than most of you do.

No, there’s no way around this. This is all written in history which cannot be erased and should not be forgotten. Islam is not only a violent religion, it is the MOST violent religion that’s ever existed anywhere. But let's keep calling it 'peaceful' anyway for sarcasm.

This is a bump insertion, for the purpose of studying the culture of violence in certain region
hidden in the eyes of the many. I knew one person says even a nipa hut household holds an ak47 in the many parts of southern island of the country :

Headline on yahoo today:

A young couple who killed 14 people in a mass shooting in California had amassed a huge arsenal and carefully planned their attack, authorities said Thursday, refusing to rule out terrorism.
Syed Farook, 28, and his 27-year-old wife Tashfeen Malik died in a ferocious shootout with police after Wednesday's rampage at a holiday party in San Bernardino, about an hour's drive east of Los Angeles.
The attack, which left 21 people wounded, was the deadliest in the United States since the 2012 massacre at a school in Connecticut that left 26 people dead, including 20 children.
San Bernardino police chief Jarrod Burguan said Farook and his wife -- who dropped off their baby daughter with Farook's mother shortly before the killings -- fired between 65 and 75 rounds during the attack at a social services center that required "a degree of planning."
But just the latest mass shooting in the United States could have been worse, after Burguan revealed that explosives rigged to a remote-controlled car were found at the scene of the carnage but the device failed to go off.
Another 1,600 rounds of ammunition were found on the couple and in their bullet-riddled black SUV after a police chase and shootout in which they died. Two police officers were wounded in the rapid exchange of gunfire on a quiet residential street, though neither seriously.
About 5,000 additional rounds, 12 pipe bomb-type explosive devices and bomb-making material were also found at the home the couple shared.
"Nobody just gets upset at a party, goes home and puts together that kind of elaborate scheme," Burguan said, after indications that Farook had attended the party organized by the health department and left after an apparent dispute, only to return a short time later with Malik.
"There was some planning that went into this."
US President Barack Obama, who ordered flags on government buildings, embassies and military installations to be flown at half-staff until Monday, cautioned the motive for the attack was not yet known, but a terror attack could not be ruled out.
"At this stage, we do not yet know why the terrible event occurred," said Obama, who has repeatedly called on the Republican-controlled Congress to pass tougher gun control measures.

..and could be this likened to this definition?
In Tagalog/english dictionary:
from the Spanish juramentado
huramentado
run amok, go berserk
mag-huramentado
to go on a furiously insane violent rampage

>>
Frequently misspelled by American occupiers in the Philippines in the first half of the 20th century as jura matado, juramatado, hura matado, or hura matado. Originally applied to the Moros (Muslims of the Southern Philippines) who were able to resist Western invasion of their lands through their fierce suicidal attacks on Christians.

..am wishing both culture can just live peacefully.

Back
Top Bottom