Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[POLL SURVEY] Is Islam a violent religion, or not?

Is Islam a violent religion?

• Total voters
You can mislead unsuspecting readers by trying to whitewash the obvious violent teachings the Koran advocates for and dismiss them as being "taken out of context" or misinterpreted by appealing to your own interpretation of your religion. But you cannot do that with history. There is no better way to assess the true nature of every religion but to look up on its history because history is not open for one's interpretation. It is not something that you adjust to suit your own perception of reality. It is a literal reading of past events. It is what it is. It is indisputable. And history clearly shows that Islam was founded on violence. It was spread through violence. It thrives through violence. It advocates for violence. In fact, there would no Islam today without all the wars and violence it instigated in the past because violence is at the very heart and origin of Islam. Even Muhammad's life was filled with violence. Violence was prevalent throughout the history of Islam. Ever since the birth of Islam, violent jihad burst out of Arabia. Muhammad and his successors engaged in imperialistic wars and conquered what they could and made them Muslims. And these Islamic terrorists today are just emulating what their forebears did in the earlier years of Islam. If anything, they are probably the best representation of Islam. They know their true history better than most of you do.

No, there’s no way around this. This is all written in history which cannot be erased and should not be forgotten. Islam is not only a violent religion, it is the MOST violent religion that’s ever existed anywhere. But let's keep calling it 'peaceful' anyway for sarcasm.

spreading Islam with violence? let's see, now ISIS, Boko Haram, Abu Sayyaf is doing their thing, are you guys embracing Islam now? coz, if we'll go by your logic, Islam is spread by violence, yet, you're not yet muslim? how come?. i don't know, can't really figure out how you can say that Islam is spread by violence.

you're speaking about prophet's (SAW) life, yet you don't know anything about him, it's like again, studying to be a doctor at engineering school.

jihad? i bet, you don't even know the meaning of it.

study pa more. goodluck :)

- - - Updated - - -

This is a bump insertion, for the purpose of studying the culture of violence in certain region
hidden in the eyes of the many. I knew one person says even a nipa hut household holds an ak47 in the many parts of southern island of the country :

Headline on yahoo today:

A young couple who killed 14 people in a mass shooting in California had amassed a huge arsenal and carefully planned their attack, authorities said Thursday, refusing to rule out terrorism.
Syed Farook, 28, and his 27-year-old wife Tashfeen Malik died in a ferocious shootout with police after Wednesday's rampage at a holiday party in San Bernardino, about an hour's drive east of Los Angeles.
The attack, which left 21 people wounded, was the deadliest in the United States since the 2012 massacre at a school in Connecticut that left 26 people dead, including 20 children.
San Bernardino police chief Jarrod Burguan said Farook and his wife -- who dropped off their baby daughter with Farook's mother shortly before the killings -- fired between 65 and 75 rounds during the attack at a social services center that required "a degree of planning."
But just the latest mass shooting in the United States could have been worse, after Burguan revealed that explosives rigged to a remote-controlled car were found at the scene of the carnage but the device failed to go off.
Another 1,600 rounds of ammunition were found on the couple and in their bullet-riddled black SUV after a police chase and shootout in which they died. Two police officers were wounded in the rapid exchange of gunfire on a quiet residential street, though neither seriously.
About 5,000 additional rounds, 12 pipe bomb-type explosive devices and bomb-making material were also found at the home the couple shared.
"Nobody just gets upset at a party, goes home and puts together that kind of elaborate scheme," Burguan said, after indications that Farook had attended the party organized by the health department and left after an apparent dispute, only to return a short time later with Malik.
"There was some planning that went into this."
US President Barack Obama, who ordered flags on government buildings, embassies and military installations to be flown at half-staff until Monday, cautioned the motive for the attack was not yet known, but a terror attack could not be ruled out.
"At this stage, we do not yet know why the terrible event occurred," said Obama, who has repeatedly called on the Republican-controlled Congress to pass tougher gun control measures.

..and could be this likened to this definition?
In Tagalog/english dictionary:
from the Spanish juramentado
huramentado
run amok, go berserk
mag-huramentado
to go on a furiously insane violent rampage

>>
Frequently misspelled by American occupiers in the Philippines in the first half of the 20th century as jura matado, juramatado, hura matado, or hura matado. Originally applied to the Moros (Muslims of the Southern Philippines) who were able to resist Western invasion of their lands through their fierce suicidal attacks on Christians.

..am wishing both culture can just live peacefully.

as far as i know, we in Philippines is living peacefully. :)

- - - Updated - - -

suicide for paradise..[?] kinda weird on 72..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ICVBLrDMk4

prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, whoever kills himself/herself, will be in the hell fire.

whoever believes he/she will be in paradise after the suicide, then, sorry, but no place in paradise for people who commit suicide.

:)

^ The ultimate goal of Islam (not only of Islamic terrorists) is worldwide domination. Muhammad and his followers started by spreading it by the sword, and these Islamic terrorists today are only following his lead. They just go on a bit further by exhibiting, though, the same imperial impulse and intolerant supremacism through fear and intimidation. But these people are currently incapable of achieving their goal through conventional means (i.e. an all-out war and conquest just like what Muhammad and his army did) that's they resort to terrorism.

Muhammad's life is well-documented. His life is purely a matter of history and not an esoteric knowledge that's only "revealed" upon his followers. And it's no secret that Muhammad is a war-mongering, violent, murderous, thieving, misogynistic, demented, child-molesting charlatan of whom these Islamic terrorists today try their best to emulate.

And not you trying to whitewash Islam again (exactly what Muslim apologists are trained to do to assure that Islam is a religion of peace) by depicting jihad as solely about "spiritual struggle" when everyone already knows that it has a violent connotation (i.e. holy war).

Last edited:
- - - Updated - - -

@ Dwarven

...prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, whoever kills himself/herself, will be in the hell fire.

whoever believes he/she will be in paradise after the suicide, then, sorry, but no place in paradise for people who commit suicide.

:)[/QUOTE]

-------------------

Well I guess that it has a different interpretation of the writings[?] of the same Book[Q..] compared abroad because I thought there can only be one interpretation thus prevent dispute in one specific lines or so. Anyway, I was looking in a parallel situation with other Books compared to the different countries of the world having the same Book or religion that is based upon one's belief, culture or practice. [ Btw.. this statement refers to the below YT link/event]. BTw this makes it clear that the woman in the video is wrong in her belief ..

Last edited:
- - - Updated - - -

@ Dwarven

...prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, whoever kills himself/herself, will be in the hell fire.

:)

-------------------

Well I guess that it has a different interpretation of the writings[?] of the same Book[Q..] compared abroad because I thought there can only be one interpretation thus prevent dispute in one specific lines or so. Anyway, I was looking in a parallel situation with other Books compared to the different countries of the world having the same Book or religion that is based upon one's belief, culture or practice. [ Btw.. this statement refers to the below YT link/event]. BTw this makes it clear that the woman in the video is wrong in her belief ..[/QUOTE]

yes sir, as you said, interpretations, anyone can make his/her own interpretation and it can lead to somewhere not nice, especially when it comes to Islamic scriptures. Islam is simple to follow, you don't need to interpret your own, but when you do, then, you're no different with ISIS and the other group.

peace. :)

-------------------

Well I guess that it has a different interpretation of the writings[?] of the same Book[Q..] compared abroad because I thought there can only be one interpretation thus prevent dispute in one specific lines or so. Anyway, I was looking in a parallel situation with other Books compared to the different countries of the world having the same Book or religion that is based upon one's belief, culture or practice. [ Btw.. this statement refers to the below YT link/event]. BTw this makes it clear that the woman in the video is wrong in her belief ..

@ Dwarven
yes sir, as you said, interpretations, anyone can make his/her own interpretation and it can lead to somewhere not nice, especially when it comes to Islamic scriptures. Islam is simple to follow, you don't need to interpret your own, but when you do, then, you're no different with ISIS and the other group.

peace. :)[/QUOTE]

---------------------
They're extremists. There are lots of writings which I believed misinterpreted for a common personal/political goal especially in the event of war - power, should I say. And how can a writing be manipulated to give out a wrong direction baffles me, for it should be divine in its creation design to stand multiple periods of time/age of humanity.

Last edited:
---------------------
They're extremists. There are lots of writings which I believed misinterpreted for a common personal/political goal especially in the event of war - power, should I say. And how can a writing be manipulated to give out a wrong direction baffles me, for it should be divine in its creation design to stand multiple periods of time/age of humanity.

indeed. well, it's the person who misunderstood it and spread his/her wrong interpretation of the scriptures so they can manipulate people who don't really use the God given gift (intellect) for their own evil goals.

Praise and thanks be to God, we majority of muslims who don't really belong to those extremist groups are somehow educated on our scriptures.

Last edited:
indeed. well, it's the person who misunderstood it and spread his/her wrong interpretation of the scriptures so they can manipulate people who don't really use the God given gift (intellect) for their own evil goals.

Praise and thanks be to God, we majority of muslims who don't really belong to those extremist groups are somehow educated on our scriptures.

Well not trying to be something or what but this could by way of enlightenment expounded a lot. Anyway, most of it aren't in the context of the open and changing civilization but it is mostly understood that its the changing society that always adapts to religion in general therefore in any sense in a Godly created knowledge thus should be the light to the pathway of good and make the credence where the pathway to evil starts.

Some Islam are Violent, but Majority is Good,.. BUT majority of Terrorist now a days is Islam ang mga Religion. Sad lang ako kase nadadamay yung mga ibang islam na Good People. Catholic nga pala religion ko at wala akong hinanakit sa mga islam at madameng akong kaibigang muslim at walang wala sila sa mga Teroristang mga Yun,

Some Islam are Violent, but Majority is Good,.. BUT majority of Terrorist now a days is Islam ang mga Religion. Sad lang ako kase nadadamay yung mga ibang islam na Good People. Catholic nga pala religion ko at wala akong hinanakit sa mga islam at madameng akong kaibigang muslim at walang wala sila sa mga Teroristang mga Yun,

Eto yung sagot dun sa some Muslims are violent!
http://qpolitical.com/someone-said-muslims-bad-woman-delivers-amazing-response/

try nyong magpunta sa middle east para malaman nyo kung gaano kasama ang ugali nila. na kahit mismong sa bansa nila mga magugulo at walang respeto sa iba. puro sila dasal pero ugali naman nila daig pa ang mga taong di nagdarasal. check nyo sa mga news sa middle east. at lahat ng mga suicide bombers ay mga muslim.

try nyong magpunta sa middle east para malaman nyo kung gaano kasama ang ugali nila. na kahit mismong sa bansa nila mga magugulo at walang respeto sa iba. puro sila dasal pero ugali naman nila daig pa ang mga taong di nagdarasal. check nyo sa mga news sa middle east. at lahat ng mga suicide bombers ay mga muslim.

Sir, magandang araw po, muslim po ako. tanong ko lang sir, pati yung mga batang muslim din ba masama din?. yung mga kakapanganak pa lang?. aba'y grabe naman po talaga tong Islam kung ganon po noh, lahat pala sila masama?.

kapayapaan po! :)

You can mislead unsuspecting readers by trying to whitewash the obvious violent teachings the Koran advocates for and dismiss them as being "taken out of context" or misinterpreted by appealing to your own interpretation of your religion. But you cannot do that with history. There is no better way to assess the true nature of every religion but to look up on its history because history is not open for one's interpretation. It is not something that you adjust to suit your own perception of reality. It is a literal reading of past events. It is what it is. It is indisputable. And history clearly shows that Islam was founded on violence. It was spread through violence. It thrives through violence. It advocates for violence. In fact, there would no Islam today without all the wars and violence it instigated in the past because violence is at the very heart and origin of Islam. Even Muhammad's life was filled with violence. Violence was prevalent throughout the history of Islam. Ever since the birth of Islam, violent jihad burst out of Arabia. Muhammad and his successors engaged in imperialistic wars and conquered what they could and made them Muslims. And these Islamic terrorists today are just emulating what their forebears did in the earlier years of Islam. If anything, they are probably the best representation of Islam. They know their true history better than most of you do.

No, there¡¯s no way around this. This is all written in history which cannot be erased and should not be forgotten. Islam is not only a violent religion, it is the MOST violent religion that¡¯s ever existed anywhere. But let's keep calling it 'peaceful' anyway for sarcasm.

This proves how biased you've been reading the history of Islam. Did you know pagans tried their best to kill those who've been proved Muslim when Islam wasn't still prevalent? Did you know that all Muhammad did was to defend himself and his people from the torment of Pagan Arabs? Did you know that they conquered places not solely by swords but by preaching and the conqured people mostly weren't offensive because as a matter of fact they would even accept islam willingly? Did you ever wonder why Islam prevailed in Asia that they almost occupied the whole Asia and some part in Europe? I know you won't ever know because I'm guessing your research is limited and biased. Try looking for the positive side and the unbiased articles of Islam and you'll see how Muhammad SAW was so loved by his people, that they loved him more than their wives/husbands/parents/children and even more than themselves. You'll see how respected and loved he was.

Since i was born, up until now sanay nako sa ganyan na ijujudge ka kasi muslim ka
Mag bubulungan sila na "ay muslim yan" sabi nila FIRST IMPRESSION LAST. Bakit po
Samin wala pang first impression, na jujudge na kami. Well kung yung nakikita nyo sa social media
Na pag pugot ng ulo, actually agaisnt ako dun saka pag ang isang katulad ko na nag ka sala ina-identify ako as ISLAM WITH CRIME, Pero pansinin nyo sa news druglords pusher snatcher,
Diba hindi sila ina-identify as catolic/cristian/iglesia or any other religion?. Wish kolang sana sa magiging anak ko
Mabuhay sya sa mundong wala ng mapang husgang tao.

Why is this thread even on Symbianize?! It's such a pointless discussion. A lot of posters here are obviously educated but not experts on religion, Islam or otherwise. They based their answers on personal experiences, prejudices, or wikipedia. smh. If any of you are smart as you claim, then you should know better and to NEVER ARGUE about religion. Religion is a very personal thing and each will insist to death that his is the only right and true religion. NO ONE wins in this arguement. It would be like talking to a wall. You can't change the other's belief.
Just someone delete this thread, please. Let's keep symbianize for what it is. A site where people share technical know-how and information. Let's keep it that way. You wanna argue about religion? There are millions of sites out there for made specifically for that purpose. google it.
*bow*

Back
Top Bottom