Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Road Bike Flat Bar Conversion

ztmb0243

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
Hi!
Pa help naman, I am planning to convert my Road bike from Drop bar going to Flat bar. Does anyone of you had already tried that? Gusto ko ang Road bike, the skinny of the body, the lightweight, and how it perform. Ang problema, my flexibility is not good enough. Though I know na my body will get used to it, but 1 onf my problem also is my "short" hand. Due of that, I am having a hard time to pulling out my Break lever. In addition, beside sa mallit lang ang kamay ko, my right hand got an accident when I was elementary. It cause shrink a little bit of my right hand and having a hard time to use my breaks and hood and sa drops. So that's why I decided to convert my drop bar. I did my research and I learned essential information:

1. Most of the headtube nang Rb are standard size (Pati akin ay standard size), in the market most of the flat bars roaming around are oversize ang sukat (MTB handle bars).

2. Since Flat bar na ang gagamitin ko, di na ako pwde mag STI, kaya ang hanap ko na ay yung breaks na tulad sa mga MTB. There are 2 type of breaks, short pull and long pull breaks levers. MTB break levers are long pull breaks levers, sila yung compatible for disk break and V-breaks. But in Road bike, calipers ang gamit nila which is short pull break levers ang merchs. Meaning d ko pala pwede gamitin ang MTB break levers para sa Road Bike Calipers.

3. Shifter and Derailleurs, I learned na compatible ang Rear Shifter nang road bike sa rear derailleur nang MTB's, pero not compatible naman kng ang pag uusapan ay Front Road Shifter sa Front MTB derailleur.

I give these information para malaman nyo din how far do I know sa pnapasok ko na conversion. So anyone can help me to give an experience and insights regarding to the conversion? My knowledge is not enough and I don't want to invest my money and pag dating sa huli palpak pala.
May challenges are:

1. Saan/Kanino makakabili nang Flat bar break lever for road bike?
2. As of now, I am using 2x7 speed ratio. Ano kya ang pwdeng shifter na available sa market dto sa Pinas? Ofcourse, for Flat bar shift lever ang hanap ko.

My Priority ko muna ay makabili nang break lever na compatible sa caliper, yung shifter saka na muna since pwde ko pa dn naman gamitin yung thumb shifter na naka built-in sa bike ko kahit nka flat bar na ako.
Anyway taga Cainta Rizal ako, kung may kakilala din kayo o alam na Shop na malapit dito, please don't hesitate to tell me ha.
Pasensya na at mahaba, at maraming salamat in advance! :)

Back
Top Bottom