Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Sony Ericsson ELM Thread

xclbr

The Fanatic
Advanced Member
Reaction score
UPDATE[ March 26, 2011] As of now, I'm encountering problems whenever I'm trying to reflash my elm thru SEUS or PC companion. So I strongly suggest that you do not try the steps below because if something went wrong then most probably your Elm will be bricked. Please wait until the issue in SEUS/PC companion updating/reflashing has been solved.

Hello Symbianizers. This will be our Official SE J10i2-ELM Thread. Share your thoughts and opinions about ELM.

This is my very 1st SE phone. Nice looks, very comfortable to hold and I must say I'm very satisfied with my unit.

Modifications done on my Elm:

*Firmware: R7CA061
*Softkey(s) replaced
*Acoustic driver - Hiron's AudioPhile Premium HD Acoustics
*Bigger clock size option enabled

WARNING: I'm not responsible whatever will happen to your phone, try this at your own risk. This may (or may not) void your phones shop warranty. Read and follow instructions but if you're not sure enough about this and you're having doubts then forget it man and enjoy your elm as it is. This is just a minor modification so you won't be missing a lot.

Materials used:
Far Manager with SEFP Plug in
SE data cable
ELM
PC
============================
USING FAR MANAGER with SEFP2 Plug-in
1. Turn off your Elm, remove the battery for about 10secs, put it back again but don't turn it on yet.

2. Connect the data cable to your Elm.

3. Open Far manager (Far.exe) in your PC.

2. Press F11, Choose SEFP2 and then press enter.

3. Choose Connect.

4. Press "C" button in your Elm while you plug the data cable into the usb port of your PC, wait for the Far manager to read it.

(Don't worry if Far manager says some warning like your Elm is in Red domain.
It just mean that Far manager can't read files in your elm but you can write files on it.
But if your Elm is already converted to "brown", then you won't see that message.)

5. Now you've gained access to your Elm's system files. Usually I use the left panel of Far manager to access Elms system files, and the right panel to access my PC desktop.

========================
ACOUSTIC DRIVER - INSTRUCTIONS
========================

1.(a) From the left panel (elm system files), go to: ifs\settings\acoustic.
(b) From the right panel (desktop), go to the folder where all the .wbxml files is located."desktop\upload-db3350-normal\ifs\settings\acoustic"
(c) Select all the .wbxml files and copy it to the left panel by pressing F5.

2.(a) From the left panel (elm system files), go to: tpa\preset\acoustic
(b) From the right panel (desktop), go to the folder where all .csv files is located."desktop\upload-db3350-normal\tpa\preset\acoustic"
(c) Select all the .csv files and copy it to the left panel by pressing F5.

3. Press F10, close.

4.Turn on your Elm and see if it works.

======================
BIG CLOCK SIZE - INSTRUCTIONS
======================

sfgzo9.jpg

1.(a) From the left panel (elm system files), go to: tpa\preset\custom.
(b) From the right panel (desktop), go to the folder where the "customize_upgrade.xml" file is located. "desktop\Enable_clock_size_cust_upgrade\Enable clock size"
(c) Select the "customize_upgrade.xml" file and copy it to the left panel by pressing F5.

2. Press F10, close.

3. Turn on your Elm and see if it works. In your Elm, go to: Menu\Display\Clock Size\Large.

Links:
Far Manager with SEFP Plug-in
Hiron's Acoustic
Big Clock Custom XML

Credits to:
Hiron (acoustics), Groovepeppy (clock size custom xml)

Last edited:
REPLACING SOFT KEY(S) - INSTRUCTIONS

1. Open CodeClaw Softkey Hook Creator.exe

2. In the dropdown box next to "SoftKey", choose which softkey you would like to replace (right or left).

3. (a) Choose "internal" if you would like to create and Internal command shortcut.
(b) Choose "website" if you would like to create a web shortcut.
(c) Choose "java" if you would like to create a java game/app shortcut.
(I prefer using only "internal" because I find it more useful. I haven't tried using "website" and "java")

4. In the Image section you could also upload an image to represent your shortcut. (I haven't tried it though, be cautious about the pixel size requirement.)

5. In the dropdown box next to "Action", choose a shortcut function. (Applications, Bluetooth, Media, Etc.) This will be your new shortcut.

6. In the empty Box next to "Text". Type the name of your shortcut.

7. Save as "LEFT_SOFTKEY_HOOK.itm" or "RIGHT_SOFTKEY_HOOK.itm"

8. Open notepad. Don't write anything on it. Just save it as "customize_upgrade.xml"

Now you have a soft_key_hook.itm and an empty customize_upgrade.xml in your desktop.

9. Connect your Elm to Far Manager and select Sefp2.

10. Now in the left panel of Far manager, go to your Elms system files, and in the right panel go to your PC desktop.

11. (a) From the left panel (elm system files), go to: tpa\preset\custom.
(b) From the right panel (desktop),Select the ".itm file" and ".xml file" you created a while ago and copy it to the left panel by pressing F5.

12. Press F10, close.

13.Turn on your Elm and see if it works.

Links:
Soft Key Hook Creator

Last edited:
I suggest go here

esato.com/board

its a sony ericsson forum.

lahat ng gusto mong alamin makikita mo jan,tapos ishare mo nalang dito para sa future bago palang kasi ang elm kaya konti palang talaga meron.

Last edited:
thanks

wow lam ku maganda ung quality ng cam nya, share ka nmn ng pics,

tpos experience dun sa noice cancellation nya

Dun sa kabilang forum ng mga SE users andun yung mga magagaling kumuha ng pictures gamit ang elm. Pag may time ako post ko dito some of their pics.

Last edited:
ang ganda ng camera nito at ang video nya ang ganda ng quality1!!!search nyo sa youtube video test ng elm..:clap:

Elm user here:salute:

so far so good:salute:

how much nyo nabili yung sa inyo?

@nosremepai: Bili ko sakin 9,9++ dito sa Bulacan. Sa manila naman 10,500 to 11,500 ang range ng price, baligtad mas mura pa sa probinsya kesa sa manila. Pink ba yung sayo? hehe

@xclbr oo pink:rant:

kasi eto na alng ang avail mura kasi eh:rant:

9,9++ din bili ko kaso pag nagpunta ka sa mga mall like SM
11,+++. sa SE dealer ko to nabili parang direct selling kaya mura:)

anung application na ang nakainstall sa'yo?

yung wifi kailangan malapit ka sa source kasi pag medyo
lumayo weak na yung signal:rant:

Naku pink? hehe dapat hinintay mo na lang magka stock sila ng black. Sabagay sa Guanzon ko nabili yung sakin. Hindi kasi pinapansin yung Elm that time kaya swerte ako at may stocks sila 2 pa. Ngayon nga daw nagkakaubusan ng elm kasi mabili daw.

Yup sa Wifi short ang range niya, kaya kelangan talaga malapit ka sa source. May UBT naman kaya hind issue sakin masyado yun.

OM5handler pa lang yun applications na naka install sakin eh. Ikaw ba?

madami Om4.2, Om5, bolt and ucweb browser..
sayang yung wifi ang hirap kumonek.
mas ok pa ung ubt

alam niyo ba panu tau mkakahanap ng internet setting (globe) and streaming sa elm?

alam niyo ba panu tau mkakahanap ng internet setting (globe) and streaming sa elm?

Mam dun sa website ng sony ericsson dun ko po nakuha settings ng Globe ko. :) UBT ako OM5beta2 Handler gamit ko po

@nosremepai : ikaw ba si boyinpink? hehe

Haha kilala mo ba c boy.in.pink saan mo nakita sa tingin ko hindi siya yan

sa moc.otase.www, baka kako siya yun dahil pink elm niya. ^_^

Yup member ako dun hehe

Back
Top Bottom