Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Starmobile ASTRA - Root and CWM based Recovery

@Hotdawg, nice app. for information lang po, that app will keep on powering up your proximity sensor to sense your taps, in effect "a little" battery drain is always in effect.

@rye01, to use google maps even without internet. You first have to have an internet connection to do this procedure:
1. Connect Wifi
2. Start MAPS
3. Enable GPS
4. then sa settings sa MAP, look for ENABLE MAP CACHE.
5. long press any AREA you want to save on your phone then CACHE the area.
7. The NEXT time youre going to use MAPS, it wont look for an INTERNET CONNECTION because the MAP is already loaded in your celphone.
8. Tip: you can cache as many areas as you like.

@Hotdawg, nice app. for information lang po, that app will keep on powering up your proximity sensor to sense your taps, in effect "a little" battery drain is always in effect.

@rye01, to use google maps even without internet. You first have to have an internet connection to do this procedure:
1. Connect Wifi
2. Start MAPS
3. Enable GPS
4. then sa settings sa MAP, look for ENABLE MAP CACHE.
5. long press any AREA you want to save on your phone then CACHE the area.
7. The NEXT time youre going to use MAPS, it wont look for an INTERNET CONNECTION because the MAP is already loaded in your celphone.
8. Tip: you can cache as many areas as you like.

sir, pacopy nito.. salamat!

@onesaviour. nice sir my custom rom pala kau wait ko yan sir. :D
@hotdawg. kamusta batt life mo sir?

@all
mga sir may nakapag try ba sainyo ng sandisk 64 gb mmc? yung tulad nito.
41s6ya3otrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

kamusta naman? tska share din kayo ng mga tips and tweaks tska recommended apps at games para kay astra.

hay, excited ako sa custom rom.. sana my flashable .zip kau na i uupload ung modded na ICS battery.

@paulpacs

Tnx for the headsup sir, pero I think mmlas ok cya keysa masira power button naten

Rooted n po ang Astra ko :) . Now po ano ano na ang mga bagong magagawa ng Phone ko po ? And any apps na you guys recommend? :)

---------------------
Delete ko nalang if bawal isingit to hehe :)

what Governor and Scheduler did you use?
How much batt time did you gain?
thnx.

most of the time i use ondemand and deadline and i set it @ 667 or 750max and 250min. when i play games especially hd set it @1000 and governor performance.. i think i gain more or less 4hrs.. not really bad..

can someone share their systemui with original stock ics battery? TIA

salamat po sir paulpacs sa info.
concern ko lang po kasi kahit mag download po ako ng mga gps tester.wala pong nadedetect yung gps.pero kapag yung mga phone like galaxy y.ok na ok naman po.testing from same location,same time.
tingin ko po may software issue yung gps natin sa ice cream sandwich.

Pano po ba ggawen para yung micro sd card ko po yung mgng phone storage ?? Help po please . TIA

salamat po sir paulpacs sa info.
concern ko lang po kasi kahit mag download po ako ng mga gps tester.wala pong nadedetect yung gps.pero kapag yung mga phone like galaxy y.ok na ok naman po.testing from same location,same time.
tingin ko po may software issue yung gps natin sa ice cream sandwich.

ok naman gps ko. pag nasa labas ako, nakakasagap naman ng signal. but if nasa indoor ako, di makasagap. pero thats normal naman ata sa mga gps in a phone...

@ bondying1977
edi sir.parang may defect tong cp ko?kasi gamit po yung app na gps test.wala po siyang makuhang signal.sir try niyo nga po sa astra niyo yung gps test tapos tignan niyo po kung nakakaconnect po kayo...sir please reply as soon as possible.kasi ngayong sabado nalang po yung 7 days replacement ko.salamat po.

Last edited:
guys question, i have managed to get a stock backup of astra natin, pwede ko bah paste sa CWM folder and restore using that back up folder?

Updated First Post to Unify All Important Stuff, if you have some important stuff to share then please do and i will update First Post and add the stuff with credits of course.

@all, if you have problems, better post the problem in the thread as opposed to PM so that a lot of people can SEE and HELP and LEARN on not to do the same mistakes you did for a better Astra experience.

I'm using 3 custom roms from I-mobile, One is the LEWA ROM ported to Q2 DUO (I'll post the link for you to try) Not much impovements in the other 2 roms. Yung Isa yung pinost mo, natry ko na yun beforehand, Jellybean Statusbar lang maganda saka yung boot animation. Nagbago yung battery icon naging circular which apparently I don't like. Naghanap ako ng ibang ROM na may stock battery icon, then I found another one on the thai site. It's a backup file and ang masama pa.. ayaw nya ma restore via cwm, ang ginawa ko.. pinort ko nalang yung content sa ROM na may Jelly Statusbar, then Ayun na install ko.. Stock ICS parin sya, but the battery icon is stock na. :)

link nmn pre ng mga custom rom.. no problem or any issue sa mga rom? stable ba? thanks

@hotdawg

yes you can copy the backup files and have it restored in recovery mode.

Help po, newbie lang po ako when it comes to rooting. naka off or on ba ang phone when rooting? humihingi ba ng encryption password ang phone before clicking restore data? kasi na try ko kanina lang na naka on ang phone ko pero may password na hinihingi nang icheck ko ang phone after pressing 1 sa runme.bat. nong una, ignore ko lang yong password at nagclick lang ako restore data sa phone tapos walang nangyari. pls note po na nag factory reset (under system settings) muna ako ng phone, ni remove ang 2 sim cards at micro sd card, bago nagtry ng rooting. pls help po sa noob. salamat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom