Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

at that price i doubt capacitative ang screen nung kobo,,please paconfirm naman kung need pa ng pressure para mgrespond ang screen nung touchscreen ng kobo or kung kagaya siya ng iphone na kahit idaan mo lang daliri mo sa screen gagalaw na

pwede po humingi ng suggestions...need ko po kasi ng e-book reader, and i'm having a hard time looking for one.

qualifications:
1. makaka-read ng pdf files (large files--medicine books in particular)
2. ung pwede rin sa COMPILED HTML format
3. colored mas okay kasi ang books ko..medyo may mga illustrations
4. magaan :))

thank u po in advance.

newbie kasi..1st time bibili ^_^

---Lei

Last edited:
nako po pag medical books i assume mgrereview ka so faster page turning to relevant topics is necessary,

hindi nababagay ang ebook readers para magstudy dahil in constant page turning ka eh eh mabagal magpageturn ang mga ebook reader at need pa ng ilan press para makapunta sa isang specific na page,,

maybe a netbook or ang actual real book mas suited po sa needs niyo.

ang ebook reader for casual page by page reading eh

nako po pag medical books i assume mgrereview ka so faster page turning to relevant topics is necessary,

hindi nababagay ang ebook readers para magstudy dahil in constant page turning ka eh eh mabagal magpageturn ang mga ebook reader at need pa ng ilan press para makapunta sa isang specific na page,,

maybe a netbook or ang actual real book mas suited po sa needs niyo.

ang ebook reader for casual page by page reading eh

may scroll mechanism na man ang ibang ebooks, especially the touchscreen ebooks para iscroll mo lang through pages and chapters.

mga bossing,

wla ba masyadong hardware issues ang nook color?
kasi plano ko kasi bumili eh baka pagdating dito, may sira pala, eh kailangan kong ibalik, di masyadong aksaya ng oras at pero yon.

at that price i doubt capacitative ang screen nung kobo,,please paconfirm naman kung need pa ng pressure para mgrespond ang screen nung touchscreen ng kobo or kung kagaya siya ng iphone na kahit idaan mo lang daliri mo sa screen gagalaw na

i think for "touchscreen" readers like the new ones from sony, b&n, and kobo, the screen itself is not touchscreen. instead, there are infrared sensors located around the sides of the screen that track finger movements. so no, they're not capacitive. not resistive either.

pwede po humingi ng suggestions...need ko po kasi ng e-book reader, and i'm having a hard time looking for one.

qualifications:
1. makaka-read ng pdf files (large files--medicine books in particular)
2. ung pwede rin sa COMPILED HTML format
3. colored mas okay kasi ang books ko..medyo may mga illustrations
4. magaan :))

thank u po in advance.

newbie kasi..1st time bibili ^_^

---Lei

if you'll be viewing mainly colored pdf files, i suggest going for an ipad or any other 10" tablet. i've had and handled a number of dedicated ebook readers and pdf just does not lend itself well to them. the screen is just too small. zooming in and out, and swiping left and right start to get annoying really fast.

there is no perfect ebook reader, but based on your needs i'd go tablet.

PROS of getting a tablet
1. renders pdf files beautifully
2. colored
3. big screen
4. APPS APPS APPS
5. handles a lot of formats
6. angry birds

CONS
1. expensive
2. considerably heavier than readers
3. if you're a heavy user, you'll prolly need to charge daily/every other day

Last edited:
atsaka nakakastrain sa mata pag ilan oras mo na ginagamit ang tablets lcd kase sila pero agree ako mas maganda for you ang tablet kesa ebook reader

@kimi nakatry kana po ba ng touch ebook reader?how was the page turn speed?and responsive po ba yung pagnavigate sa touch?

@kimi nakatry kana po ba ng touch ebook reader?how was the page turn speed?and responsive po ba yung pagnavigate sa touch?

i had a sony reader touch (PRS 600). page turning was slow back then (over 2 years ago). resistive yung screen so response time was so-so. also used a PRS 650 for a bit. this already uses an infrared sensor that the new readers are using and it was much more responsive and quick. i'm sure further improvement has been made in these areas. there are videos on youtube that compare page turn speed of readers, by the way. last touch reader that i got to play around with was the nook color. different technology altogether so can't really compare to the others.

alright oo nga naman may youtube para sa comparison thanks sa feedback po,still using a kindle 3 its my first and probably my only ebook reader for a while until someone comes up with really fast page turning on e-ink technology.

alright oo nga naman may youtube para sa comparison thanks sa feedback po,still using a kindle 3 its my first and probably my only ebook reader for a while until someone comes up with really fast page turning on e-ink technology.

now that you mention all the page turning issues. it's not really that much of an issue for me pero true... if it is touch screen dependent lang baka maging problem sya... and yes I am kinda in love with my Kinx the kindle 3 too:lol:

thank u sa mga sumagot sa question ko.. malaking help for me :thumbsup: gusto ko pa naman sana kaso d pala advisable sa mga books na babasahin ko... i want to stay away from APPS kasi, para walang destruction.. i already have a netbook, naghahanap lang ng mas madali dalhin... i'm also considering a tablet, ang mahal nga lang talaga, ang mahal din kasi ng books and super bigat sila.

next time na lang cguro ung kindle pag may time na magbasa ng non-acad books :)

@jynx whats a kinx?well i feel kinda slowed down when im navigating the kindle especially when i need to backread on something for confirmation,well the kindle is still oh so awesome and the battery life is still 3 weeks more or less before i charge,love the kindle all the way

@ahseya better hold on buying a kindle 3 they just might have what you need kasi i read on some tech sites that amazon is building a tablet kindle,rumors lang siya pero i think maganda yun para magaral at magbasa narin big screen eh.so save lang ng save until dumating ang new kindle model para sulit.for now sa netbook sufficient naman siya,di ko maimagine self ko na maglabas ng kindle sa lrt/mrt baka icipin ng masamang loob galaxy tab yun at isnatch pa hehe

@jynx whats a kinx?well i feel kinda slowed down when im navigating the kindle especially when i need to backread on something for confirmation,well the kindle is still oh so awesome and the battery life is still 3 weeks more or less before i charge,love the kindle all the way

I just named my Kindle3 I agree it can be difficult to navigate until you get used to how you can set things up. I usually have mine on setting the home screen to show the Recently accessed or added files. the battery life is also it's selling point for me I dont even use the mp3 player function as much. I like being able to conveniently transfer ebooks wirelessly as well. I even put work presentations on it for review. I guess it really boils down to what features benefit or answer your needs more. so far the Kindle is good enough for me. plus in a case for the samsung tablet it looks just like a planner hinde mainit sa mata when you travel around unlike the ipad.

kaya nga never ko pa ginamit as an audiobook or mp3 mas feel ko magbasa ginamit ko rin siya dait may mga reviewer kasi ako naka word format so copy paste ko lang sa notepad sabay lagay sa kindle instant reviewer na hehe.ako din i want to name my kindle i love it like a pet,or companion hehe work presentations huh ayus din use ng kindle hehe

Ako, Adobe Reader and Aldiko Book Reader on my android.

Try the Laputa Reader.

I find E-ink readers too one-dimensional for my needs; you are limited to black and white.

You cannot read manga, comic books, children's books, magazines, cookbooks and other illustrated books in them.

I have a feeling that these dedicated e-book readers will go the way of printers with the hardware going almost for free while content and accessories goes for an arm and a leg.

Android is the way to go.

sabagay maraming con ang ebook reader para lang ito talaga sa mga book reader na hindi iniimportante ang illustrations and graphics

i think there are still cult followers of ebook reading in the future basta below 100$ ang pricetag

like me hehe instead of one ipad i opted for an ipod touch and kindle and never regretted since

yung kindle na program?

how is the kobo reader?ano po ang review niyo tungkol sa e-reader na gamit niyo ngaun po ehehe curious lang

Stanza on my iPod Touch - I'm currently using this because iPT is my primary gadget right now.
Although I've also used mobipocket before, (was using N73) and it was the best ebook reader app I used. It was very noob-friendly! :thumbsup: Too bad mobi doesn't support iPT. If ever it will. I'll transfer my books in a heartbeat. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom