Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

Pwede poh pa help cno may e-book reader yun compatible sa nokia c3,naka2baxa poh khit ng big files thanks poh,..

My ebook reader got broken... It was a Kobo and it did not last me a year. Nakakaiyak lang :weep:
I want a new one, yung matibay po sana especially the physical structure.
Kindle 3? Or something from Sony?
I dont need something so fancy or a touch screen. Max budget is $200 only.
I am so depressed. pls help =( thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the suggestion ms kimi! :salute:
wow so it is the best ereader today?! and it is really affordable! but i think i am still unlucky, they dont sell it in canada :weep:
im very hesitant to just buy online konti lang daw po kami yung customer services ng nook for international buyers =(
nook po ba ereader nio?

nope, i use an ipad now. dati sony reader touch but if i were to buy another e-ink reader, the nook would be my choice. i got to test one sa best buy and i liked it a lot. more than the new kindles. not sure what kind of after sales service for intl buyers they provide though.

Nook is definitely better than Kindle.

Altho Nook has very little after-sales service for int'l buyers it more than makes up for this by being robust and has very rare technical issues.

But wait!

There's more!

The Nook has user replaceable batteries and memory upgrades which you can do without tools.

If ever your Nook freezes on you, just do a battery-pull and everything will be ok.

You have to send the Kindle back to have those things done.

Of course I am speaking of the first generation Nook, don't know about the later one's.

Last edited:
nope, i use an ipad now. dati sony reader touch but if i were to buy another e-ink reader, the nook would be my choice. i got to test one sa best buy and i liked it a lot. more than the new kindles. not sure what kind of after sales service for intl buyers they provide though.

Thanks po sa response! how I wish they sell it in-stores over here. The only problem is I dont have a credit card -_- I need to try my convincing powers on my mom to get me one.
Ang dami ko din po nabasa online reviews about how good Nook is. how's ipad as an ereader? :)

Nook is definitely better than Kindle.

Altho Nook has very little after-sales service for int'l buyers it more than makes up for this by being robust and has very rare technical issues.

But wait!

There's more!

The Nook has user replaceable batteries and memory upgrades which you can do without tools.

If ever your Nook freezes on you, just do a battery-pull and everything will be ok.

You have to send the Kindle back to have those things done.

Of course I am speaking of the first generation Nook, don't know about the later one's.

Hello banana_republic! Really??? Because that is what I need, a sturdy ereader that will last me years. (:pray:) Does it have a wall charger, or just replaceable batteries? I might be getting the new one though, Nook Simple Touch. Is Kindle not that sturdy?

Thanks po sa response! how I wish they sell it in-stores over here. The only problem is I dont have a credit card -_- I need to try my convincing powers on my mom to get me one.
Ang dami ko din po nabasa online reviews about how good Nook is. how's ipad as an

i like reading on the ipad. some people are turned off by the lcd but i dont have any problems with it. i also like to read in bed at night, plus i think i have mild ADHD so it's very convenient to have other things to do. so it all boils down to personal preference, really.

My ebook reader got broken... It was a Kobo and it did not last me a year. Nakakaiyak lang :weep:
I want a new one, yung matibay po sana especially the physical structure.
Kindle 3? Or something from Sony?
I dont need something so fancy or a touch screen. Max budget is $200 only.
I am so depressed. pls help =( thank you.

how about kindle?

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wi-Fi-...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1331999222&pf_rd_i=507846

that's USD109 lang + shipping + taxes, siguradong hindi pa ito aabot sa budget mo ng USD200. throw in a cover para kumpleto na :)

kami ni kindle ko...mag1 year na rin (yung may keyboard). so far so good. mga twice a month ko lang tsina-charge and i read at least 2 - 4 hours a day.

it's not colored nor a touch screen, but it does serve its primary purpose: reading.

and the best part...magaan! kahit may cover pa ito magaan pa rin!

i've tried reading using ipad and samsung galaxy tab....mabigat hehe. at saka may effect na sa akin ang lcd. if i read too long using those ereaders, may tendency magluha mata ko. so far with kindle i didn't have the same issue (and i usually read before i sleep).

i haven't tried nook though.

like what kimi said, it all boils down to preference. if you can meet people using these different ereaders and borrow it for a few minutes (or even a day!) it may help you decide what's the best for you.

good luck...and happy reading!

Ang dami ko din po nabasa online reviews about how good Nook is. how's ipad as an ereader? :)

Hello banana_republic! Really??? Because that is what I need, a sturdy ereader that will last me years. (:pray:) Does it have a wall charger, or just replaceable batteries? I might be getting the new one though, Nook Simple Touch. Is Kindle not that sturdy?

Nook does have a rechargeable battery and wall charger but you can buy and replace the batteries yourself without tools. You can also upgrade your memory up to 32GB, something that you can't do with Kindle.

I really don't know if the newer model Nooks are the same.

Downside for e-ink readers like Nook and Kindle is that you can't read in the dark, you need an external light source.

Presently, I am using an Archos 70 Android Tablet which I prefer over e-ink readers and which allows me to play Angry Birds:thumbsup: and does everything a tablet does.

I might have to sell my Nook and Archos 70 http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=13490541soon; I am getting an Ipad 2 for christmas:dance:

Last edited:
hello po! thank you so much for all your suggestions and patience in explaining what makes that ereader very commendable :thumbsup:
I BADLY wanted a Nook, like super bad. I almost went to a bank to have my own credit card!
But I know it might not be a good idea to get one since I have no source of income. yet. :))
Best buy had a sale on Kobo Touch (which is I think the primary ereader in Canada)
So I just got that one. And I am really loving it! I got the black one and it is so sleek =)
here`s a link: http://www.kobo.com/ereaders/kobo-touch-offer.html

happy reading!

aldiko lang ako sa galaxy phone ko. ok naman sya as a e-book reader pwedeng i-adjust yung brightnest kung masyadong madilim or maliwanag yung paligid para di nakakalabo ng mata.. :D

matibay ba ang kindle? marami ako nababasa na hindi inaabot ng 1 year nag-fi-freeze o kaya nasisira screen..

wala po ako mahanap na pang nokia 6300. gusto ko sana magbasa ng ebooks sa phone ko. hmm.. pahelp naman po? san po kaya meron?

I use a refurbed 12.1" 4:3 Fujitsu Lifebook T4210 Tablet convertible laptop for my ebook reading.

I'm planning to buy an ereader pero hindi pa 'ko makapagdecide kung ano.
May tanong lang ako. :help:
Marami kasi akong ebooks (pdf) sa pc.
If ever ba, pwede ko s'ya itransfer sa ereader ko (via memory card) at babasahin s'ya kahit 'pirated' yung ebooks?

Sorry for the stupid question. Wala talaga akong alam sa ereaders eh..hehe..

I'm planning to buy an ereader pero hindi pa 'ko makapagdecide kung ano.
May tanong lang ako. :help:
Marami kasi akong ebooks (pdf) sa pc.
If ever ba, pwede ko s'ya itransfer sa ereader ko (via memory card) at babasahin s'ya kahit 'pirated' yung ebooks?

Sorry for the stupid question. Wala talaga akong alam sa ereaders eh..hehe..

depende kung anong klaseng ebook reader ang bibilhin mo.

kindle - kailangan mong iconvert lahat ng files mo to mobi, kaya lang di pwede ang memory card dito

nook/kobo/others - kailangan mong iconvert lahat ng files mo sa epub or other ebook file extension na mas apt sa reader mo (pero pwede mong ikabit ang memory card mo)

YES lahat ng pirated ebooks as long as natanggal na ang DRM nya pwedeng basahin ng ebook reader.

kaya ko sinasabing iconvert mo eh dahil pinaka-pangit or pinakamahirap ang pdf file basahin. hindi maganda ang flow sa reader ng pdf files (kailangan mo kasing iscroll pa pababa, pataas, pagilid, etc) habang binabasa mo ang pdf file mo.

as early as now, i encourage you to download Caliber software (it is FREE!). ilagay mo lahat ng pdf files mo dun at simulan mo ng magconvert (siempre by batches para hindi naman mahirapan ang computer mo :lol:). just check internet as to the best extension file na mababasa ng ereader na balak mong bilhin.

goodluck and happy ebook reader hunting!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom