Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

TIPS TIPS for photographers

pang 100 na reply wooh!!!

10 Ways Photography Has Changed My Life
from Digital Photography School by Guest Contributor
64 people liked this

In this post Lisa Newton from Travelin’ Local shares 10 ways that her life has been changed by photography.
Has Photography Changed Your Life?

It has certainly changed mine, for the better.
2009112513141.jpg

200911251314.jpg

Not too long ago, before cameras became digital, I, like many baby boomers, used film based cameras, and mainly used my camera to take pictures of my children as they grew up. You know the standard ones that are in every family album–first day pictures, visiting grandma pictures, first Christmas pictures, vacation pictures, and so on. Looking back, that was all fun, and it certainly will always bring back fond memories.

For me, that’s when it began and ended, because due to life’s intervention, I stopped taking pictures for many years, because I became a full time mother, daughter, sister, wife, and worker.

But after moving to California and after some life changes, low and behold, a 2008 Christmas present of a Nikon D40, allowed me to literally as well as figuratively “take a new look at photography.”

In the last 10 months, photography has taught me more than I bargained for, and I still can’t get enough:

1. “Look.”

Now I’m constantly looking at the world, and my surroundings. Now I center on every detail that within my purview. And when I say look, I mean I really look—up, down, and all around. No detail large or small is not within my effort to visualize how it might look in a photograph, even if I’m not currently taking one. Before restarting my passion for photography, I would just walk around and take many sights and sounds for granted. Not anymore, that was then and this is now—and now, I look and pay attention.

2. “See.”

200911251314.jpg

200911251314.jpgAlthough I talked about looking in the paragraph above, frequently just looking isn’t good enough; you have to see, too. See the different angles, the different sides, the different light, and the different heights, from all venues and vantage points.

3. “Time.”

Time used to be a measurement of getting from one place to another. For most people, it’s about always being “on the move.” For me, now, time is spent much differently. I spend my time trying to take in my surroundings with a more discerning consciousness, and attempting to look and see everything that I can at any given moment. Time is more than time passing me by, or a clock ticking from one hour to the next, time is a place and fact that I use to merge into my ability to see and look in advance, in why I would approach my subject matters, and how I would use that time to my advantage to capture the image that I’ve visualized.

4. “Light.”

2009112513152.jpg
200911251315.jpgArt and Photography are borne and spring from the proper understanding, and mastery of the use of light. This one kind of goes without saying, but now I take notice where the light is coming from, its intensity, its frequency, its duration, and its brightness. Before, I barely paid attention and took a nonchalant attitude about it. When you have a camera in your hand, light becomes an integral part of your life.

5. “Distance.”
How the focal point of your photograph and its subject matter is presented is a function of not only light but distance. How far away should one stand or focus on to get the right shot at the right time? It’s amazing what occurs to me when I’m visualizing the “perfect” shot, which will be a function of my subject matter, where I’m standing, or what lens I plan to use.

6. “Learning.”

2009112513153.jpg
200911251315.jpgAs the old saying goes, you never stop learning, especially when photography is concerned. Even for professional and seasoned photographers, resources like DPS are invaluable. Through this wonderful resource, everyday new innovations are presented, analyzed, explained, and taught as the name Digital Photography School, belies its ultimate mission. Even when learning about the new, the old is equally important – matters including, composition, shutter speed, aperture, or the Rule of Thirds. The other area of learning which has become very important to me is studying the masters—for example, Ansel Adams, Henri Cartier-Bresson, or Margaret Bourke-White. It’s invigorating, challenging, and always a journey to learn, and learn some more.

7. “Travelin’.”

200911251315.jpg

200911251315.jpgYes, and as my website is testimonial, I have discovered travelin’, but not travelin’ around the world, or even for a vacation. I travel everyday in my own neck of the woods– in my city’s neighborhoods. And because my neighborhood is in Los Angeles, I admit to having a pretty large and interesting one at that. However, the theory remains the same, regardless of how large your neighborhood is– you can find plenty of relaxation, fascinating places, and unique photos to take in your own backyard. Look, see, and realize that what’s in your own neighborhood is all too frequently an “Eye into the Soul of the World.” Best of all, it’s exciting, affordable, and I learn as much if not more, right here, right now, and that’s how Travelin’ Local came to be.

8. “Seconds.”

Before owning a camera, seconds didn’t matter. Now, just as taking time to get a great shot is important, seconds are equally as important. They can be the difference between an action and inaction. Seconds are the breakdown of time further into time. Time is a function of space and distance, and that plane is, and will be forever an issue for photographers to master.

9. “Focus.”

2009112513151.jpg
200911251315.jpgFor sure, every photographer worth his or her salt, needs to know about and how to use proper focus; but I’m also talking about focus in relationship to personal focus. Focus on your camera’s battery, focus on your camera settings, focus on your subject, focus on your environment, and even focus on your time management. It’s not always about taking the picture, but as importantly the process of how you’re going to do so–the post processing, marketing, mounting, and all else that keeps us photographers concerned about and why we are passionate about taking pictures. This list is interminable, and goes on and on.

10. “Appreciation.”

With my camera in my hand, I’ve gained a new found appreciation of a smile, a gesture, a sunset, a building, a child, and the beach– and life itself more. I see things differently, more clearly. These were but only a few examples of my new found appreciation of life, and life’s offerings since I’ve got bit by the camera bug.

How about you? How has photography changed your life and made it better?

Post from: Digital Photography School - Photography Tips.

dpsbook.png

10 Ways Photography Has Changed My Life​

newbie ako , biglaan na lang nagkainterest nung binigay ng bayaw ko rebel xt nya last month on his vacation, di n daw nya nagagamit ksi may bago sya, not expecting that upon my continious use of the cam I'm already entering a new world.....SALAMAT SA THREAD NA' TO...IT REALLY HELPS ME HOW TO GET STARTED......:clap::clap:..I FEEL EXCITED..:excited::excited: SALAMAT KAPATID.....

newbie ako , biglaan na lang nagkainterest nung binigay ng bayaw ko rebel xt nya last month on his vacation, di n daw nya nagagamit ksi may bago sya, not expecting that upon my continious use of the cam I'm already entering a new world.....SALAMAT SA THREAD NA' TO...IT REALLY HELPS ME HOW TO GET STARTED......:clap::clap:..I FEEL EXCITED..:excited::excited: SALAMAT KAPATID.....

welcome bro!
keep shootin!:clap:

BRAVO !!!!

Ang galing ng thread na ito sana madami pa kaming matutunan ...
KEEP IT UP !!!
:clap:

Pareng elmo Congratulations to your 100th Tips!! Keep on educating our selves!! :salute:
Buo kaya tayo ng EB for Symbianizers photographers! (Meron na nga ba nito?) Hekhek

Pareng elmo Congratulations to your 100th Tips!! Keep on educating our selves!! :salute:
Buo kaya tayo ng EB for Symbianizers photographers! (Meron na nga ba nito?) Hekhek

pangarap ko din yan ehh..problema hirap mag ayus ng sked..

pangarap ko din yan ehh..problema hirap mag ayus ng sked..

Uu nga naman korak! Problema nga yan.. How about TIPS for upcoming events? (Kung san madaming subjects) Hehehe dun na lang tayo magkita-kita :lol:

maganda nga ung me project tayo..duration is every two weeks

sige try ko mag start
hirap kasi mag shoot pag walang assignment..ang nangyayare kasi we keep on shooting the same old thing over and over...
naiiba lang ung subject if we go out of town

ang masaya sa EB...ung photowalk..pagkatapos ng mga mini tutorial at mga tekniks para ma maximize ung camera capabilities mo..gagamitin naten ung mga teknik na naturo at ung mga stock knowledge naten sa photowalk..

sarap sana ngaun pasko kasi kung aabutin ng gabi ung EB ..sobrang makulay ng kalada dahil sa mga makukulay ng ilaw

anyways..pwede tayong mag set ng mga topics na may 2 weeks duration tapos piliin ung the best picture

sana dami mag participate..

Last edited:
hi mga sir.. i've been reading this topic since kaninang umaga sa office.. natuwa ako.. next time mga sir at maam post ko yung shots ko. :D tapos if pede, sama din ako sa photowalk na binabalak nyo :D

sir elmo :D
maraming salamat for this :D ang laking tulong nito :D
:thumbsup:

8 Interesting Visual Confusion Photography
from Design Swan by Vivian
100+ people liked this
via What's Hot in Google Reader

I got those photos from my friend’s email… and I can’t wait share that with you guys… These photos were taken from a special angle or position that makes you can’t establish a 3D space feeling at first sight of them. You might wonder which is sky, which is ground? Is that real person or just reflection? Anyway, those are really awesome photos and I hope I can make one in the future…

5.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

7.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

Image Source: email forward.

Related posts:

1. Amazing Kirlian photography Kirlian photography refers to a form of photogram made with...
2. Life under X-Ray Photography X-rays (wiki) are primarily used for diagnostic radiography and crystallography....
3. Fascinating X-Ray Photography X-rays (wiki) are primarily used for diagnostic radiography and crystallography....
4. Electric Photography – special lighting effect Here are 23 photos taken with a special effect called...​

hi mga sir.. I've been reading this topic since kaninang umaga sa office.. Natuwa ako.. Next time mga sir at maam post ko yung shots ko. :d tapos if pede, sama din ako sa photowalk na binabalak nyo :d

pwede rin ba newbie dyan, balak ko din sana sumama e....

pwede rin ba newbie dyan, balak ko din sana sumama e....

Sama lahat puede!! Newbie o mga master ka man, Para masaya! Hehehe newbie kasi ako.. :lol:

Last edited:
bumb ko lang... merry Christmas and a happy new year shooters!!

Can you give me a tip para sa anong camera dapat bilhin ng beginners like me? My friend suggests na Canon D40 daw. Okay ba yun? At dapat ba akong bumili ng Flash at Lense agad? Budget kow mga around 60k hehe... medyo maliit lng.. May iba ring friend ko na nag suggest na Nikon ***D kalimutan ko yung number.. hehe..

Nice Thread. Lam ko na yung mga basics kasi may experience na ako sa photography at mas type ko mag macro. Kaso di sakin yung camera.. :D

Can you give me a tip para sa anong camera dapat bilhin ng beginners like me? My friend suggests na Canon D40 daw. Okay ba yun? At dapat ba akong bumili ng Flash at Lense agad? Budget kow mga around 60k hehe... medyo maliit lng.. May iba ring friend ko na nag suggest na Nikon ***D kalimutan ko yung number.. hehe..

Nice Thread. Lam ko na yung mga basics kasi may experience na ako sa photography at mas type ko mag macro. Kaso di sakin yung camera.. :D

Nikon D40 un boss hehehe. Nope not yet wag ka muna bumili ng flash at lens. Pakiramdaman mo muna kung san ka sasaya. :salute:

Nikon D40 un boss hehehe. Nope not yet wag ka muna bumili ng flash at lens. Pakiramdaman mo muna kung san ka sasaya. :salute:

Lamatz2x... baliktad pala Canon 40D at Nikon parang 3 digits yun D***...

Next month baka bili ako.. May isang kaibigan ko na ibebenta nya ung canon 10D with 50mm-200mm (kalimutan ko kung tama ba yan) ehh nagdududa naman ako baka sira..

@Gutarlord

entry level camera..ok ung sa canon, nikon, Sony.

I'm a Nikon user kasi, halo ung satisfaction at regrets ehh
Iba iba kasi ung mga added features nila...pero same naman ung mga basic camera operations..tulad ng semi auto at full auto modes

kung ako tatanungin..ok ung D60 VR na kasi ung stock na lens..pero syempre..
consider mo kung para saan ba ung pag shoot mo? pang keepsakes lang ba sa family and friends o mag ve venture ka sa business side ng photography

ang mahalaga kasi me purpose ka para me motivation ka..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom