Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUT]Alcatel Glory 918D/M/N

Yung mga may problema rooting the phone na hindi ma-detect ang phone, INSTALL OTU, RUN OTU. CANCEL nyo na lang yung OTU while "Loading software package from server" and status ng OTU. OR, if you want, tuloy nyo na lang na i-update...

After that, TRY Rooting the phone again... Importante na madetect ang phone while it's turned off...

If hindi talaga ma-Root or naka-encounter kayo ng error, post kayo ng SCREENSHOT ng ERROR para maintindihan nung mga willing tumulong sa inyo...

Salamat po! :yipee:
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
tama ka dun agulto.. imposible namang hindi nila ma-root yung phone nila.. yung sa kin po gamit ko windows 7 64bit. may kulang yan kaya di madetect..

Mouse at yung alcatel phone lang ang gumagamit ng USB port ko sire. Tapos, ginawa ko din yung tutorial sa netbook ko at walang ano mang USB device na nakakabit except sa phone but same result under Win7 OS.

Gumamit pa nga ako ng USBview ba yun na application, para tanggalin lahat ng USB devices na naka-install sa PC para siguradong alcatel device lang ang nakakabit pero ganun p din.

Ok na ba yung CDC error nung phone mo?

i still had the cdc error but i have successfully rooted my phone. i don't think installing the driver for cdc serial matters. i just removed all usb devices attached to my phone and then po0f, the flashing was successful.

@ peeps: ok lng ba kahit hindi na magback-up using custom recovery? i had titanium back-up installed and still learning how to use it. but if you can advise me on certain apps that needs to be backed-up, do let me know. i also installed link2sd and had some pre-installed apps linked to my sd card. now i had more free internal memory than the previous status of my phone. thanks to all you guys! :praise:

i still had the cdc error but i have successfully rooted my phone. i don't think installing the driver for cdc serial matters. i just removed all usb devices attached to my phone and then po0f, the flashing was successful.

@ peeps: ok lng ba kahit hindi na magback-up using custom recovery? i had titanium back-up installed and still learning how to use it. but if you can advise me on certain apps that needs to be backed-up, do let me know. i also installed link2sd and had some pre-installed apps linked to my sd card. now i had more free internal memory than the previous status of my phone. thanks to all you guys! :praise:

You have a point sir. I encountered that before, even the pop up notification says error or not installed, I able to flash thru sp flash tool. Napansin mo rin pala yan sir.

About the Titanium back up, it only backup appz and so far xml and other BUT it can't back up the whole phone itself.

You have a point sir. I encountered that before, even the pop up notification says error or not installed, I able to flash thru sp flash tool. Napansin mo rin pala yan sir.

About the Titanium back up, it only backup appz and so far xml and other BUT it can't back up the whole phone itself.

thanks sir. it's all because of your rooting tutorial.

anyway, the "back up" idea came across my mind kasi baka masira or whatever may happen to my phone as i am installing a lot of apps and games after i rooted it. hehe. i think the OTU will be the solution if i encounter such problem.

It worked for me Thanks agulto41605. just want to add its not with the cdc serial. I just followed what i read here. I did the ONE TOUCH UPGRADE thing and finished the whole process. Then whenever my laptop couldn't detect my phone, I just pull out the usb cable, take out my phone battery, place it back in and insert the usb cable again. Im using windows 7 64bit. thanks again. :yipee:

Mouse at yung alcatel phone lang ang gumagamit ng USB port ko sire. Tapos, ginawa ko din yung tutorial sa netbook ko at walang ano mang USB device na nakakabit except sa phone but same result under Win7 OS.

Gumamit pa nga ako ng USBview ba yun na application, para tanggalin lahat ng USB devices na naka-install sa PC para siguradong alcatel device lang ang nakakabit pero ganun p din.

Ok na ba yung CDC error nung phone mo?

Sa lahat na nagbigay ng feedback, sa mga napasakit ko ang ulo dahil sa problem na na-encounter ko para m-root phone ko, pa-sensya na kung naging makulit ako at maraming salamat sa lahat ng tulong.

Rooted na phone ko. YES :excited: :yipee: :clap: :dance:

uninstall ko lang ulit lahat ng mga drivers pertaining sa alcatel at mga drivers na needed para m-root yung phone tapos re-install ulit from scratch at yun, wala pang 3mins rooted na.

Sir BlueRain, hindi nagwowork yung data2ext na tweak para sa Alcatel OT 918N.
Here are the steps I tried to do so far;

1. Flashed the data2ext zip update from your website using CWM recovery.
2. Create two (2) partitions, one using Fat32 and one using ext2 format using Minitool.
3. I installed ES File Explorer with "Mount ad readable/writable" enabled.
4. Download the files for the Data2Ext for Alcatel Glory 918N from your website and extracted the files at my computers desktop.
5. Created a new folder and named it “scriptz” on the root of my sdcard then placed the files that I extracted using my PC.
6. Disconnected the phone from my PC and opened ES File Explorer.
7. Copied busybox_d2sd to /system/xbin using ES File Explorer.
8. Copied e2fck to system/bin using ES File Explorer.
9. Since 01data2ext.sh is already at the /sdcard/scriptz then I just left it there.
10. Copied install-recovery.sh to /system/etc using ES File Explorer.
11. Set intall-recovery.sh permission to rxw -rx -rx OR rwx r-x r-x
12. Rebooted phone.
13. Waited for 30 mins to an hour.

But sadly it still does not work. Any ideas on how to make this work on our Alcatel OT 918N? :slap:

Sa lahat na nagbigay ng feedback, sa mga napasakit ko ang ulo dahil sa problem na na-encounter ko para m-root phone ko, pa-sensya na kung naging makulit ako at maraming salamat sa lahat ng tulong.

Rooted na phone ko. YES :excited: :yipee: :clap: :dance:

uninstall ko lang ulit lahat ng mga drivers pertaining sa alcatel at mga drivers na needed para m-root yung phone tapos re-install ulit from scratch at yun, wala pang 3mins rooted na.

Congrats sir!..:clap::clap::clap:

I also have that problem sir, for some reason di nagccount yung ext2 partition and if you check it on your pc with a partition tool you'll see that the file system changed to "Others" instead of ext2 and all the free space is gone. i followed the same steps you did, pero ano yung data2ext na finlash mo? kasi the only thing i flashed was the enable_ext2.zip

I also have that problem sir, for some reason di nagccount yung ext2 partition and if you check it on your pc with a partition tool you'll see that the file system changed to "Others" instead of ext2 and all the free space is gone. i followed the same steps you did, pero ano yung data2ext na finlash mo? kasi the only thing i flashed was the enable_ext2.zip

That is the same zip file I flashed via CMW recovery sir. I tried doing the mod again today and it still does not work. :slap:

meh tried everything i could think of, i even ended up trying to do the data2ext steps without flashing enable_ext2. i'll be using link2sd for now til someone who've succeeded with data2ext on 2.3.6 gingerbread tells us how they did it :p good luck man

edit: apparently i can't use link2sd with the ext2 partition, so it's either the partition i've made was wrong or the enable_ext2.zip doesn't work on 2.3.6 OR it might just be bad luck idk. i used link2sd with fat32 on my 2nd partition

Last edited:
sir blue yung app2sd dartremor po ba pede sa stock rom? android version 2.3.6 glory x 918n po. thank you po sa reply :salute:

Last edited:
Since the Data2ext TUT does not work for me, I tried to use a different method for the Data2sd tweak. Although I encountered a slight issue after.
Here's what I did;

1. I did an OTU so that I can work on a clean fresh stock ROM.
2. Installed CMW recovery and rooted the phone. Thanks to Sir BlueRain for the TUT for this!
3. Partitioned my SD Card using MiniTool
4. Download "a2sd-mt6573-ext2.7z" file from xda forums and extract it at your PC's c:/(here) drive.
5. Double click Start.bat & all files will be installed.
6. Follow on-screen for instructions and the phone will reboot then voila the phones Internal memory has increased. Credits go to the guys from xda forum.

The issue I encountered here is that when I applied the V6supercharger tweak and reboot the phone, a bunch of apps that I installed including some of the phones built-in one was uninstalled (Like Google Play and Facebook. Didn't notice anything else here). I don't know if the V6supercharger caused this or you just can't restart the phone when you applied the data2sd tweak. At this point I can't install any of the apk I have like Titanium backup, Script Manager, ES File Explorer, Games, ETC :upset:. I try to redo the whole process again although I think I will do an OTU again for clean ROM :slap:. I give you guys feedback one I'm done.

Meron ba sa inyo marunong magre-enable the screenlock? Kasi pag nag rerestore ako gamit yung CMW 5.0.2.8 palagi siyang disabled along with no Google Play apps installed. Mas mabilis kasi ito kesa sa OTU eh.

Last edited:
sir blue may swap support na ba talaga ang ating 918n?

i have successfully rooted my phone (android 2.3.6) by using custom recovery ...but unable to take the backup of rom, and by wrongly i can wipe all the data and cache due to this my cell is unable to start and it stick on android logo and go to the recovery mod. i was tried one touch upgrade but it also faile to recover my cell and i have no backup of my original rom. so please anyone have the backup or there rom than please link me, i really required it.. (android 2.3.6)

thank you.....

That is the same zip file I flashed via CMW recovery sir. I tried doing the mod again today and it still does not work. :slap:

please give me bluerain rom link ... i really need it becoz y wrongly i was broken my original rom and my cell is not start so please give me the link of that rom and my android version is (2.3.6)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have successfully rooted my phone (android 2.3.6) by using custom recovery ...but unable to take the backup of rom, and by wrongly i can wipe all the data and cache due to this my cell is unable to start and it stick on android logo and go to the recovery mod. i was tried one touch upgrade but it also faile to recover my cell and i have no backup of my original rom. so please anyone have the backup or there rom than please link me, i really required it.. (android 2.3.6)

thank you.....

what exactly happened when you OTU'd your phone? because mine came preinstalled with 2.3.6 as well, and in less than 48hours i've OTU'd the hell out of this damn thing trying to install data2ext but i've yet to encounter that problem of yours. OTU takes quite a bit of time depending on your internet connection, but it will restore your phone with a brand spankin new stock rom. and as of now there are no custom roms for 2.3.6 all you can do is root and use cwm based recovery that came from sir bluerain.

Since the Data2ext TUT does not work for me, I tried to use a different method for the Data2sd tweak. Although I encountered a slight issue after.
Here's what I did;

1. I did an OTU so that I can work on a clean fresh stock ROM.
2. Installed CMW recovery and rooted the phone. Thanks to Sir BlueRain for the TUT for this!
3. Partitioned my SD Card using MiniTool
4. Download "a2sd-mt6573-ext2.7z" file from xda forums and extract it at your PC's c:/(here) drive.
5. Double click Start.bat & all files will be installed.
6. Follow on-screen for instructions and the phone will reboot then voila the phones Internal memory has increased. Credits go to the guys from xda forum.

The issue I encountered here is that when I applied the V6supercharger tweak and reboot the phone, a bunch of apps that I installed including some of the phones built-in one was uninstalled (Like Google Play and Facebook. Didn't notice anything else here). I don't know if the V6supercharger caused this or you just can't restart the phone when you applied the data2sd tweak. At this point I can't install any of the apk I have like Titanium backup, Script Manager, ES File Explorer, Games, ETC :upset:. I try to redo the whole process again although I think I will do an OTU again for clean ROM :slap:. I give you guys feedback one I'm done.

Meron ba sa inyo marunong magre-enable the screenlock? Kasi pag nag rerestore ako gamit yung CMW 5.0.2.8 palagi siyang disabled along with no Google Play apps installed. Mas mabilis kasi ito kesa sa OTU eh.

haha sir ayaw mo talagang sukuan yung data2ext a! damn pag nagawan mo ng paraan yan paturo :p oh and does someone know how i can proceed to backing up the 2nd partition of my sd card? kasi currently naka link2sd(fat32) ako e, and if nagawa ni sir berserkerhida ng maayos yung data2ext sa phone nya papalitan ko din yung sakin :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know where i can get the stock music.apk of Alcatel 918N? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom