Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUT]Alcatel Glory 918D/M/N

Since the Data2ext TUT does not work for me, I tried to use a different method for the Data2sd tweak. Although I encountered a slight issue after.
Here's what I did;

1. I did an OTU so that I can work on a clean fresh stock ROM.
2. Installed CMW recovery and rooted the phone. Thanks to Sir BlueRain for the TUT for this!
3. Partitioned my SD Card using MiniTool
4. Download "a2sd-mt6573-ext2.7z" file from xda forums and extract it at your PC's c:/(here) drive.
5. Double click Start.bat & all files will be installed.
6. Follow on-screen for instructions and the phone will reboot then voila the phones Internal memory has increased. Credits go to the guys from xda forum.

The issue I encountered here is that when I applied the V6supercharger tweak and reboot the phone, a bunch of apps that I installed including some of the phones built-in one was uninstalled (Like Google Play and Facebook. Didn't notice anything else here). I don't know if the V6supercharger caused this or you just can't restart the phone when you applied the data2sd tweak. At this point I can't install any of the apk I have like Titanium backup, Script Manager, ES File Explorer, Games, ETC :upset:. I try to redo the whole process again although I think I will do an OTU again for clean ROM :slap:. I give you guys feedback one I'm done.

Meron ba sa inyo marunong magre-enable the screenlock? Kasi pag nag rerestore ako gamit yung CMW 5.0.2.8 palagi siyang disabled along with no Google Play apps installed. Mas mabilis kasi ito kesa sa OTU eh.

Mas ok n siguro kung wag mo na gawin yung v6supercharger

maraming salamat blue tagal ko pinag aralan saglit lang palang matutunan,hehe

guys may problem pa din ba yung cwm recovery sa 2.3.6? last time i recovered thru cwm nawala yung ibang options dun sa power button and lockscreen ko e <_<

sir bat dko magawa ung step 1 and 2. iinstall ba muna ung pda? kelangan naka konek na ung ung phone?

Mas ok n siguro kung wag mo na gawin yung v6supercharger

Yep, I think your right. It seems that the V6Supercharger script is in conflict with the data2sd script that I am using for the tweak.

Good new by the way, I am able to make the data2ext work on my Alcatel OT 918N :yipee:
Will post a TUT later once I no longer busy, probably this sunday. :dance:

I borrowed some few trick from the SGY to make sure there will be no future issue that will occur. I used apps like RAM Manager and Startup Manager.

guys may problem pa din ba yung cwm recovery sa 2.3.6? last time i recovered thru cwm nawala yung ibang options dun sa power button and lockscreen ko e <_<

I encountered the same issue with my CMW 5.0.2.8 restore sir. Found no fix so far on those issues after restore aside from doing an OTU.

Last edited:
sir bat dko magawa ung step 1 and 2. iinstall ba muna ung pda? kelangan naka konek na ung ung phone?

glory x din phone mo sir? 2.3.6 gingerbread? nung ginawa ko kasi yung tut ni sir bluerain naskip ko yung 2nd step. when i was installing pdanet kasi kelangan daw madetect muna yung phone ng pdanet para mainstall so i had it on during the first step. nung 2nd step naman i turned it off and hindi na nagpakita yung unknown device na yun, so i skipped installing the mt65xx preloader. just make sure that your phone is off before you plug the usb back in during step 9. so click download and once the countdown starts that's when you plug in the usb maddetect yung phone mo and magtutuloy yung install ng cwm.

Yep, I think your right. It seems that the V6Supercharger script is in conflict with the data2sd script that I am using for the tweak.

Good new by the way, I am able to make the data2ext work on my Alcatel OT 918N :yipee:
Will post a TUT later once I no longer busy, probably this sunday. :dance:

I borrowed some few trick from the SGY to make sure there will be no future issue that will occur. I used apps like RAM Manager and Startup Manager.

I encountered the same issue with my CMW 5.0.2.8 restore sir. Found no fix so far on those issues after restore aside from doing an OTU.

OHO good job sir. that's going to be a problem though dami ko ng nailagay sa Link2sd >< mukhang kelangan ko magOTU uli damn. btw do you guys know kung pano gagawin ko dun sa linked apps kapag papalitan ko na yung sd card ko? balak ko kasi bumili ng 32gb class 10 from g.skill

just to clarify lang po. INSTALL MUNA YUNG PDANET AND THEN YUNG PRELOADER SAKA I-PLUG ANG DEVICE SAKA INSTALL DRIVER? :upset:

what is the difference between data2ex and link2sd? link2sd kasi gamit ko and i'm still having low internal memory issues, dahil siguro sa mga data na naaccumulate sa internal ko. i already linked some of the bloatwares sa sd card ko but the max space i can have with my internal is only 40MB. can somebody advice on this?

also, wala bang "battery saver" or something na pwede iinstall sa phone natin para hindi mabilis madrain ang battery? touchpal, juice defender, and MTK cpu control lng ang background running apps ko but still my battery won't last for 48 hours. and i'm not a heavy texter/caller. also when playing, hindi aabot ng 4 hours yata. :(

Last edited:
salamat master blue, rooted na glory x ko. 1 wk old pa lang ito kaya nangangapa pa. this is my 1st android phone from SunCell. many thanks sa mga kapatid natin dito sa thread na ito dahil sa mga usefull info and discussion,

what is the difference between data2ex and link2sd? link2sd kasi gamit ko and i'm still having low internal memory issues, dahil siguro sa mga data na naaccumulate sa internal ko. i already linked some of the bloatwares sa sd card ko but the max space i can have with my internal is only 40MB. can somebody advice on this?

also, wala bang "battery saver" or something na pwede iinstall sa phone natin para hindi mabilis madrain ang battery? touchpal, juice defender, and MTK cpu control lng ang background running apps ko but still my battery won't last for 48 hours. and i'm not a heavy texter/caller. also when playing, hindi aabot ng 4 hours yata. :(

sa pagkakaintindi ko sir sa link2sd may kinakain pa din na internal memory kahit imove/link mo lahat ng apps na pwede dahil may data pa din na natitira sa internal. yung data2ext naman is gagawing internal memory yung 2nd partition ng sd card mo. so parang data2ext>link2sd PERO may mga nagkakaproblem sa data2ext (2.3.6gb users) and yung iba naman sabi may nagiging limit daw yung data2ext resulting to some being unable to install more apps

guys patulong sa v6 supercharger, naka supercharger na yung phone ko, pero ang nagpapakita lang dun is 50% may nakalagay na -25% dahil sa Mem/ADJ values di daw patched and yung remaining 25% dahil hindi nagrun yung launcher. i used the new Supercharger rc11 test 4. im at stock 2.3.6 btw and for some reason madalas ambagal ng phone, i have mtk cpu-control test set at 806mhz and 1425mV.

CDC serial error pa din ung isang link ng USB driver nya... windows 7 64 bit

meron nagsabi na pwede mo bypass yung usb driver with OTU e. if nadedetect ng otu yung phone mo, pwede mo ng hindi gamitin yung PDAnet. Plug in mo yung phone mo while it's turned off, you should hear the notification na may nagplug in sa usb mo then nagplug out. that small window of opportunity is what you need for OTU AND for rooting the phone. basically ang gagawin mo lang is plug in mo yung phone mo while it's turned off during the countdown after pressing the download button ng SP flasher tool. that's what i did, and it seemed to work naman.

edit: forgot to tell you na hindi nagCDC error yung phone ko when i plugged it in, pero if naririnig mo yung notification and IF nagagamit mo yung OTU that should mean na nadedetect ng pc yung phone

Last edited:
sa pagkakaintindi ko sir sa link2sd may kinakain pa din na internal memory kahit imove/link mo lahat ng apps na pwede dahil may data pa din na natitira sa internal. yung data2ext naman is gagawing internal memory yung 2nd partition ng sd card mo. so parang data2ext>link2sd PERO may mga nagkakaproblem sa data2ext (2.3.6gb users) and yung iba naman sabi may nagiging limit daw yung data2ext resulting to some being unable to install more apps

agree ako dito.. nagkakaproblema mga 2.3.6 users sa data2ext... sana may makapagpagana then share yung tut!

Back
Top Bottom