Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUT]Alcatel Glory 918D/M/N

Pa help naman po ako tun.ko, custom rom yonie at penge po ng droidvpn. salamat po!

Pre ako rin naguluhan sa stpes 1 & 2 kaya gumawa ako ng ibang proseso, disregard mo na steps 1 &2. Try mo itong pinost ko (backread 3 pages):

1. Copy and Paste SuperUser zip file to the root of your SD card.

2. Download One Touch Upgrade (OTU) Software from alcatel website - (para ma-recognize ng PC ang alcatel unit mo).

3. Install OTU and "TRY" to do an upgrade by connecting your USB to the Desktop PC, pag nagkaroon na ng greenbar, click "cancel".
- (This is to know that you have a connection with the PC)

4. Install PDAnet.
(then skip Custom Recovery Steps 1&2).

5. Do Steps 3-9 (pag hndi na-recognize ng PC ang unit mo, remove the battery and repeat steps 3-9) before timer reaches zero.

6. Once "Download OK" appears, do the open custom recovery by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Up.

7. Onward to steps 3-5 (use volume buttons to scroll and click the power button to "confirm file").

8. Keep clicking "go back" until you see the first screen with the "reboot" option.

9. You'll see the green android SuperUser icon from your apps after rebooting.

10. Congrats! Rooted na phone mo! (time to make a SD partition)

I'll try to help you guys understand the reason why we are doing a certain thing, not just merely following instructions without knowing what is it that we're doing. Just ask!

Sir magtatanong lang ako medyo maingat kasi ako kasi I cant afford to have a mistake on my phone Financial issues hehe :rofl:

patay ba sir o buhay ang unit?

2. Download One Touch Upgrade (OTU) Software from alcatel website - (para ma-recognize ng PC ang alcatel unit mo).

pwede ba sir yung nakaatacth na dito na OTU o sa alcatel website pa ko kukuha?

3. Install OTU and "TRY" to do an upgrade by connecting your USB to the Desktop PC, pag nagkaroon na ng greenbar, click "cancel".

meaning sir hindi talaga ko mag uupgrade? before upgrading starts icacancel ko na?

4. Install PDAnet.

install PDA.net thru PC and my phone or sa pc lang? kasi iniuninstall ko yung PDA.net sa cp ko?

5. Do Steps 3-9 (pag hndi na-recognize ng PC ang unit mo, remove the battery and repeat steps 3-9) before timer reaches zero.

sir steps 3 to 9 ba yan sir or steps 3 and 9 lang?

6. Once "Download OK" appears, do the open custom recovery by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Up.

wala pa ko dito pero yung idadownload ba dito yung recovery sa phone ko sir?

7. Onward to steps 3-5 (use volume buttons to scroll and click the power button to "confirm file").
medyo nosebleed pa ko dito sir wala pa ko sa punto na to . .

8. Keep clicking "go back" until you see the first screen with the "reboot" option.

sir bali naka off cp ko nito pag ginawa ko procedure na to? kasi pag ihohold ko yung Power Button + Volume Up eh mabubuhay cp ko?

nga pala sir whats the worst thing na pwede mangyari pag nagka problema?
at me remedyo po ba tayo para sa mga maaring mangyari? salamat :thumbsup:

Edit:
na stock ako sa procedure 6 pag tinitick ko yung RECOVERY ala na ko ginawa tinick ko lang ano mangyayari dun? pano ko makikita downloaded na recovery file?

Last edited:
gudpm master, ask lang po pano ma root ung alcatel 918n..

sinundan ko ung tut mo aboyt rooting, pero may error message ako na kukuha,,,

una ito ang message: error 16008 smart phone flash

pero mostly ito ang msg: SP FLASH TOOL ERROR (8100)

TIA

**To those who have a question please read the F.A.Qs FIRST HERE before asking, pag wala dun ang sagot sa tanong nyo then you can post to ask provided with a screenshot. AND "After you post/reply to this thread, kindly include your ANDROID VERSION, either v2.3.5 / v2.3.6". Thanks.**

*********PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, AND IM NOT RESPONSIBLE TO WHAT MAY HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE(s), DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. THANK YOU**************

**************PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE INSTRUCTION*********************

First of all, before rooting your Alcatel 918N Glory /Glory X(2.3.5/2.3.6), you must install a custom recovery first. Then after installing the custom recovery, you can now root your phone by following the next tutorial on how to root your phone found at the bottom. Thanks.

*****Installing Custom Recovery for Unrooted / Rooted Phones*****

Requirements:

- Android Usb Driver (Optional) :

here - Windows XP/Vista/7 32-bit
here - Windows Vista/7 64-bit

-Android MT65xx PreLoader driver (xp/vista/7) > Download

-Android MT65xx Vcom driver (xp/vista/7) in case if PreLoader won't work > Download

-Alcatel One Touch Installer v1.8.3 > Download (IN CASE MT65xx PreLoader and Vcom drivers doesn't work)

-winrar or any zip extractor

-SP Flash Tool > Download

-scatter text file for v2.3.5 phones > Download (for v2.3.5 ONLY)

-scatter text file for V2.3.6 phones > Download (for v2.3.6 ONLY)

-Download zip file > Download (system.img for 2.3.5 ONLY)(Optional)

-Usb data cable for your phone

-Recovery image file > Download

-your phone ( unrooted / rooted )

-USB debugging enabled (Settings > Application > Development > USB debugging)

Follow:

1. Install Android USB Driver (PDAnet).

2. Turn off your phone. Then connect your phone via usb data cable.
[ a ] Then an unknown device will appear instantly, it will disappear and then it will reappear. Right click on it and choose to update driver manually. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is. Then press OK / Next. If prompt, choose “INSTALL DRIVER ANYWAY” OR

[ b ] Find new software mt65xx preloader. Then choose install the software from a list. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is.

NOTE: If nothing happens after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button then see your notification area on your desktop then follow either [a] or above.

- Done. Now disconnect your phone from the computer. And make it sure that your phone is turned off before proceeding to step 3..

3. Extract downloaded files to one folder for easy locating of the files. Open SP Flash Tool. Then choose scatter loading. See image below.
78333114.png

4. Look and find the scatter text file and open it. See image below.
17602446.png

5. Ignore and tick OK. See image below.
69831501.png

6. Check the box with the name "Recovery". Then look for the downloaded recovery file. And open it. See image below.
56761975.png

48823847.png

7. Tick Option from the menu and check USB Mode. See image below.
48354908.png

8. Tick the Download button. Note: Look at the image carefully before ticking the download button. Make it sure nothing else is checked. See image below.
95347966q.png

9. Plug your cellphone via your usb cable. Then wait for it to be finish. See image below.
48740804.png

***NOTE: If your phone isn’t detected after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING + HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button THEN go back to step 2. or try to install Alcatel Android Manager - thanks to macoX ****

10. A yellow bar will appear. Wait for it to reach 100%. See image below.
57052207.png

11. Done. Congratulations. You successfully installed a "CUSTOM RECOVERY". See image below.
98379322.png

12. Now it's time to root your phone by following the next tutorial below.

Credits to Obcenity for the Tutorial
Credits to Jbazt_katuforzs for the Flash Tutorial

*****Rooting the phone******

Requirements:
-Unrooted Phone
- Accomplished the method above. Or a Custom Recovery is already Installed
- Download SuperUser Zip file > here

Follow:

1. Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the root of your SD Card.

2. Turn Off your phone and open custom recovery by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Up.

3. Install zip from sdcard.

4. Choose zip from sdcard.

5. Choose the file downloaded. Then confirm update.

6. Reboot.

7. Look for an icon with an Android Face named "SuperUser".

8. Done. Congratulations. Your phone is now rooted.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Thanks to NohjSuperUno for the idea. :D

EBOOT error pre!..

From NYTWOLF

Sir magtatanong lang ako medyo maingat kasi ako kasi I cant afford to have a mistake on my phone Financial issues hehe

patay ba sir o buhay ang unit? -- naka-on ang unit mo

pwede ba sir yung nakaatacth na dito na OTU o sa alcatel website pa ko kukuha? - whichever is fine.

meaning sir hindi talaga ko mag uupgrade? before upgrading starts icacancel ko na? - Yes, aalamin mo lang kasi kung na-recognize na ng PC yung unit mo.

4. Install PDAnet.

install PDA.net thru PC and my phone or sa pc lang? kasi iniuninstall ko yung PDA.net sa cp ko? - Both

sir steps 3 to 9 ba yan sir or steps 3 and 9 lang? - 3 to 9 po

wala pa ko dito pero yung idadownload ba dito yung recovery sa phone ko sir? - yes, yung zip file po un i-open mo sa CW recovery mode

medyo nosebleed pa ko dito sir wala pa ko sa punto na to . . - 3 to 5 steps of "Rooting procedure"

sir bali naka off cp ko nito pag ginawa ko procedure na to? kasi pag ihohold ko yung Power Button + Volume Up eh mabubuhay cp ko? -yes, pag pinindot mo ng sabay mag-open CP mo then makikita mo kulay blue ang font, that means nasa CWR mode ka na

nga pala sir whats the worst thing na pwede mangyari pag nagka problema? At me remedyo po ba tayo para sa mga maaring mangyari? salamat --- pag may ngyaring problema, do the One Touch Upgrade (OTU) with your Unit connected to the computer, it will take about 1-2 hrs depending on the speed of your Internet. Once successful, parang brand new ulit ang unit mo.

Edit:
na stock ako sa procedure 6 pag tinitick ko yung RECOVERY ala na ko ginawa tinick ko lang ano mangyayari dun? pano ko makikita downloaded na recovery file? -- try to repeat the procedures. Goodluck!:yipee:

Just let me know kung may problem along the way. :dance:

From NYTWOLF

Sir magtatanong lang ako medyo maingat kasi ako kasi I cant afford to have a mistake on my phone Financial issues hehe

patay ba sir o buhay ang unit? -- naka-on ang unit mo

pwede ba sir yung nakaatacth na dito na OTU o sa alcatel website pa ko kukuha? - whichever is fine.

meaning sir hindi talaga ko mag uupgrade? before upgrading starts icacancel ko na? - Yes, aalamin mo lang kasi kung na-recognize na ng PC yung unit mo.

4. Install PDAnet.

install PDA.net thru PC and my phone or sa pc lang? kasi iniuninstall ko yung PDA.net sa cp ko? - Both

sir steps 3 to 9 ba yan sir or steps 3 and 9 lang? - 3 to 9 po

wala pa ko dito pero yung idadownload ba dito yung recovery sa phone ko sir? - yes, yung zip file po un i-open mo sa CW recovery mode

medyo nosebleed pa ko dito sir wala pa ko sa punto na to . . - 3 to 5 steps of "Rooting procedure"

sir bali naka off cp ko nito pag ginawa ko procedure na to? kasi pag ihohold ko yung Power Button + Volume Up eh mabubuhay cp ko? -yes, pag pinindot mo ng sabay mag-open CP mo then makikita mo kulay blue ang font, that means nasa CWR mode ka na

nga pala sir whats the worst thing na pwede mangyari pag nagka problema? At me remedyo po ba tayo para sa mga maaring mangyari? salamat --- pag may ngyaring problema, do the One Touch Upgrade (OTU) with your Unit connected to the computer, it will take about 1-2 hrs depending on the speed of your Internet. Once successful, parang brand new ulit ang unit mo.

Edit:
na stock ako sa procedure 6 pag tinitick ko yung RECOVERY ala na ko ginawa tinick ko lang ano mangyayari dun? pano ko makikita downloaded na recovery file? -- try to repeat the procedures. Goodluck!:yipee:

Just let me know kung may problem along the way. :dance:

wow salamat sir :salute: sa pagreply. . .bali nagiging problema ko lang sir eh yung procedure na pag tick ng recovery sa flash tool. .wala kasi nangyayari. . .

Nagsisimula ako sa procedure 3 na nakadisconnect cp ko nga pla. . .btw salamat talaga. . .:thumbsup:

**To those who have a question please read the F.A.Qs FIRST HERE before asking, pag wala dun ang sagot sa tanong nyo then you can post to ask provided with a screenshot. AND "After you post/reply to this thread, kindly include your ANDROID VERSION, either v2.3.5 / v2.3.6". Thanks.**

*********PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, AND IM NOT RESPONSIBLE TO WHAT MAY HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE(s), DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. THANK YOU**************

**************PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE INSTRUCTION*********************

First of all, before rooting your Alcatel 918N Glory /Glory X(2.3.5/2.3.6), you must install a custom recovery first. Then after installing the custom recovery, you can now root your phone by following the next tutorial on how to root your phone found at the bottom. Thanks.

*****Installing Custom Recovery for Unrooted / Rooted Phones*****

Requirements:

- Android Usb Driver (Optional) :

here - Windows XP/Vista/7 32-bit
here - Windows Vista/7 64-bit

-Android MT65xx PreLoader driver (xp/vista/7) > Download

-Android MT65xx Vcom driver (xp/vista/7) in case if PreLoader won't work > Download

-Alcatel One Touch Installer v1.8.3 > Download (IN CASE MT65xx PreLoader and Vcom drivers doesn't work)

-winrar or any zip extractor

-SP Flash Tool > Download

-scatter text file for v2.3.5 phones > Download (for v2.3.5 ONLY)

-scatter text file for V2.3.6 phones > Download (for v2.3.6 ONLY)

-Download zip file > Download (system.img for 2.3.5 ONLY)(Optional)

-Usb data cable for your phone

-Recovery image file > Download

-your phone ( unrooted / rooted )

-USB debugging enabled (Settings > Application > Development > USB debugging)

Follow:

1. Install Android USB Driver (PDAnet).

2. Turn off your phone. Then connect your phone via usb data cable.
[ a ] Then an unknown device will appear instantly, it will disappear and then it will reappear. Right click on it and choose to update driver manually. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is. Then press OK / Next. If prompt, choose “INSTALL DRIVER ANYWAY” OR

[ b ] Find new software mt65xx preloader. Then choose install the software from a list. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is.

NOTE: If nothing happens after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button then see your notification area on your desktop then follow either [a] or above.

- Done. Now disconnect your phone from the computer. And make it sure that your phone is turned off before proceeding to step 3..

3. Extract downloaded files to one folder for easy locating of the files. Open SP Flash Tool. Then choose scatter loading. See image below.
78333114.png

4. Look and find the scatter text file and open it. See image below.
17602446.png

5. Ignore and tick OK. See image below.
69831501.png

6. Check the box with the name "Recovery". Then look for the downloaded recovery file. And open it. See image below.
56761975.png

48823847.png

7. Tick Option from the menu and check USB Mode. See image below.
48354908.png

8. Tick the Download button. Note: Look at the image carefully before ticking the download button. Make it sure nothing else is checked. See image below.
95347966q.png

9. Plug your cellphone via your usb cable. Then wait for it to be finish. See image below.
48740804.png

***NOTE: If your phone isn’t detected after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING + HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button THEN go back to step 2. or try to install Alcatel Android Manager - thanks to macoX ****

10. A yellow bar will appear. Wait for it to reach 100%. See image below.
57052207.png

11. Done. Congratulations. You successfully installed a "CUSTOM RECOVERY". See image below.
98379322.png

12. Now it's time to root your phone by following the next tutorial below.

Credits to Obcenity for the Tutorial
Credits to Jbazt_katuforzs for the Flash Tutorial

*****Rooting the phone******

Requirements:
-Unrooted Phone
- Accomplished the method above. Or a Custom Recovery is already Installed
- Download SuperUser Zip file > here

Follow:

1. Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the root of your SD Card.

2. Turn Off your phone and open custom recovery by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Up.

3. Install zip from sdcard.

4. Choose zip from sdcard.

5. Choose the file downloaded. Then confirm update.

6. Reboot.

7. Look for an icon with an Android Face named "SuperUser".

8. Done. Congratulations. Your phone is now rooted.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Thanks to NohjSuperUno for the idea. :D

maraming salamat po sa post.. Success

Pano ma uninstall yung custom recovery sa phone? Di ko na mapuntahan yung cwr pag pinipindot ko ng sabay yung power at volume up. . . basta logo lang ng android I guess I should quit this my phone is hopelless. . .:upset:

gingerbread 2.3.6 alcatel 918n from sun. . .

Pano ma uninstall yung custom recovery sa phone? Di ko na mapuntahan yung cwr pag pinipindot ko ng sabay yung power at volume up. . . basta logo lang ng android I guess I should quit this my phone is hopelless. . .:upset:

gingerbread 2.3.6 alcatel 918n from sun. . .

mag-otu ka, back as brand new yan..

mag-otu ka, back as brand new yan..

sir katulad din ba unit mo sa unit ko?

I successfully downloaded recovery.img to my phone yung recovery.img na nakalagay dito sa thread. . .after that di ko na maaccess cwr ng phone ko. . .saka one more thing ano ba pwede mangyari masama pag di ko na maopen yun?:noidea:

EDIT:
Whoohoo!! :dance: succcess now what to do? :rofl: Salamat sa lahat specially sa author ng thread na si sir Bluerain at ke champeng at hardkulangot for the response pero last resort ko na ang otu naghanap lang ako ke google ng bagong recovery.img and repeat the process of installing custom recovery . . .salamat :praise:

Last edited:
sir katulad din ba unit mo sa unit ko?

I successfully downloaded recovery.img to my phone yung recovery.img na nakalagay dito sa thread. . .after that di ko na maaccess cwr ng phone ko. . .saka one more thing ano ba pwede mangyari masama pag di ko na maopen yun?:noidea:

EDIT:
Whoohoo!! :dance: succcess now what to do? :rofl: Salamat sa lahat specially sa author ng thread na si sir Bluerain at ke champeng at hardkulangot for the response pero last resort ko na ang otu naghanap lang ako ke google ng bagong recovery.img and repeat the process of installing custom recovery . . .salamat :praise:

Congrats pre! :thumbsup: :yipee:
Same lang din yung unit ko sayo, 2.3.6 Gingerbread from Sun Cellular plan. Enjoy your rooted phone! pag na-installan mo na ng Supercharger yan superbilis na yan ska i-partition mo na para hndi mapuno yung internal memory nya. backread ka na lang para sa tuts on how-tos. :)

help po mga sir... natuluyan ng mamatay n pepon ko.. hndi n sya maopen kht ung recovery mode ayaw n rin... pano po ggwen?

mabubuhay pb to? o tapon na? :weep:

TIA sa tutulong

sir bakit ganun.after all ng tutz mo.ginawa ko yung instructions ng maayos.perp after nun.auto reboot yung cp ko.autoboot sa android logo lang and off ulet.paulet ulet.pano po gagawin ko?2.3.6 po version ko.

good day! I followed a certain instruction nakita ko rin dito

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?p=14254399#post14254399

pero mas lumalala yung nangyari. Nde na sya na-oopen. Ni nde rin sya ma-detect ng pc ko :(

Any ideas paano sya mareresolve? Maraming salamat

same po tau ng prob. natuluyan ng nadedo pon ko.. ayaw n ring maopen.. huhu

sana may mkatulong

Use OTU. Nasa 1st page ang link.
Mga 30 mins. ang upgrade.

Para mas madali, install n'yo lahat ng drivers.
'pag gagamitin ang SP Flash, dapat open din ang Alcatel Android Manager.

P.S.
Maraming salamat, TS!
Rooted na ngayon ang Alcatel Glory ko from SUN! :yipee:

Use OTU. Nasa 1st page ang link.
Mga 30 mins. ang upgrade.

Para mas madali, install n'yo lahat ng drivers.
'pag gagamitin ang SP Flash, dapat open din ang Alcatel Android Manager.

P.S.
Maraming salamat, TS!
Rooted na ngayon ang Alcatel Glory ko from SUN! :yipee:

Yey! Yung version lang pala ng OTU ung problem! Nag-dl ako kasi mismo sa site :upset:

Maraming salamat! :yipee:

may update raw ng firmware ang alcatel 918n... gagana pa ba ang root pag nagupdate? :think:

noob question sir, may nakita akong post tungkol sa 918n yung andread 3.0 now ang gusto kong itanong pano naging 1gb ang internal nya? solomot sir :excited::excited:

Back
Top Bottom