Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUT]ROOT your Galaxy Y S5360 (Now with UNROOT)

how to set mp3 songs as a message allert!!!

1. My files + Media + Audio + Notification
2. Copy Mp3 Files and Paste to Notification
3. Go to message + Settings + Select Ringtone
Finish:salute:

malaki po ba ung chance na ma-brick ung fone pagnagroroot???

malaki po ba ung chance na ma-brick ung fone pagnagroroot???

hindi naman, basta susundin mo lang ung step, ang magiging disadvantage lang is ung sa warranty, pero ang advantage, makakapaginstall ka na ng mga apps na di maiinstall ng hindi rooted na android.. :)

Sir When I Rooted my Phone my WIFI connection Wont work.. please help..

TS, ask lang po kung ok lang mag root ng nakaplan na phone? naka smart plan po kasi itong Galaxy Y ko. balak ko po kasi palitan ko ng prepaid sim na smart din tong galaxy y ko para matry ko yung openvpn. pwede po kaya yun? thanks

ask ko din pala kung mawawala yung mga apps ko pag nagroot ako. thanks

Last edited:
Sir When I Rooted my Phone my WIFI connection Wont work.. please help..

As far as I know rooting doesn't modify system drivers on android phones. Perhaps something went wrong when you root your phone. But don't worry. The following are common fix for after root problems:

1. Factory Reset
-This will delete all data (temporary files/config files/media files/ etc) on your phone so backup is necessary. This will fix the problem if somewhere along when you root your phone some of the settings are modified to allow permissions for SuperUser that kinda messed up the Wi-Fi radio of your phone. If you don't want factory reset (setting up a phone again is a killer), you can try rebuilding your wireless network profiles.

2. Rebuild Wireless Network Profiles
-This is easy and painless. All you need to do is to got to Settings - Wireless and Networks - Wi-Fi and then under Wi-Fi netwoks, tap the name of your wireless network and then a menu will popup showing all the information about the network and there will be 2 buttons, tap on "Forget" (this will delete the wireless network mprofile for the network) and the Re-scan for your wireless network and then connect to it (this will rebuild the wireless network profile).

3. Hard Reset
-This is perhaps the last option we have here before we consider flashing your phone if the problem still exists. This will basically reset everything on your phone. You can do the hard reset by following the steps below:

1. Switch the phone off.
2. With the phone off, hold the Volume Down button, and while still holding the Volume Down button, firmly press and release the Power button.
3. You'll boot into a menu with a white background, small text and the little skateboarding Android guys.
4. Press the Volume Down button until you reach the Clear Storage option.
5. Press the Power button to select Clear Storage.
6. Press Volume Up to confirm the selection.Sit back while your phone reboots in its virgin state.

NOTE:
Steps 1 and 3 applies if your phone's Wi-Fi is completely messed up. (e.g. it cannot activate Wi-Fi or cannot scan networks)

Step 2 applies if your phone can still turn on Wi-Fi radio and can search/scan for networks but cannot connect.

PS.
Next time please give details about the problem as "WIFI connection Wont work" won't give us a clue what the problem is with your phone

TS, ask lang po kung ok lang mag root ng nakaplan na phone? naka smart plan po kasi itong Galaxy Y ko. balak ko po kasi palitan ko ng prepaid sim na smart din tong galaxy y ko para matry ko yung openvpn. pwede po kaya yun? thanks

Yes that'll be fine but please note that if You will root your phone, You will loose your warranty.

ask ko din pala kung mawawala yung mga apps ko pag nagroot ako. thanks

Rooting will not delete or screw up your apps. But just to be on the safe side, go to android market and download ASTRO File manager to Backup your Apps. Always remember, It's better to be safe than sorry :yipee:

Last edited:
anu po bang games ang gagana kapag rooted na ung galaxy y???

Re: [TUT]ROOT your Galaxy Y S5360 (New)

panu e set sa galaxy y ung mp3 tone to message alert tone? thanks po.:)

there are a lot of apps na pwede mong pagpilian gaya ng mga apps sa ng Aura..... long press mo lang may option na lalabas kung gagawin mong ring tone o gagawin mong message tone o di kaya'y individual ringing tone

Mp3 songs di ko pa natry pero I'll update this when I found out something helpful

:)

Yes that'll be fine but please note that if You will root your phone, You will loose your warranty.

Rooting will not delete or screw up your apps. But just to be on the safe side, go to android market and download ASTRO File manager to Backup your Apps. Always remember, It's better to be safe than sorry :yipee:

haha, ok lang sir. thanks po. na root ko na yung akin. ngayon pinagaaralan ko na yung openvpn. hehe. thanks :salute:

boss gambit pano maglipat ng apps from phone so sd puno na kasi phone mem ko. rooted napo ako pero wala padin makita na files to be transfer gamit move to sd application tnx

Currently downloading the file. Will update if successful.Thanks ts.

Rooting was successful. Thankyou very much ts. Openvpn next.

Last edited:
sir, patulong naman. Na update ko na galaxy y ko, nkta ko icon superuser, kaya lng po para d mn gumagana kc, nagdownload ako root explorer, na download cya pero pg inopen ko d po cya ma open force close .. Pls po patulong.. Thanks

Good Day mga ka SGY

Ask ko lang po if my naka try na sa mga naka Open VPN if kaya paganahin ung Viber or Tango..
Viber maganda kasi free txt and call xa and malinaw PAG WIFI.. ewan ko if kaya ng Open VPN.. sana my sumagot...

thx in advance.. (^^)

boss gambit pano maglipat ng apps from phone so sd puno na kasi phone mem ko. rooted napo ako pero wala padin makita na files to be transfer gamit move to sd application tnx

You can try App2SD PRO to move your apps from phone memory to your phone's SD card, or you can also use the built in app manager to move your apps. ;)

sir, patulong naman. Na update ko na galaxy y ko, nkta ko icon superuser, kaya lng po para d mn gumagana kc, nagdownload ako root explorer, na download cya pero pg inopen ko d po cya ma open force close .. Pls po patulong.. Thanks

same problem po sa galaxy y ko rooted narin po nagfoforce close din yung root explorer na ininstall ko...please patulong po mga master kung anong problema...TIA

.matagal ba talaga magroot? mga ilang minutes.. ang tagal kasi nung sakin.. hahaha.. sana ok lang tong phone ko.. :) :salute:

.matagal ba talaga magroot? mga ilang minutes.. ang tagal kasi nung sakin.. hahaha.. sana ok lang tong phone ko.. :) :salute:

saglit lang yan sir, walang isang minuto. hehe. hintayin mong lumabas yung Complete na word pag nag update na sya. then piliin mo yung reboot phone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom