Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[Tutorial]How to make Animated Scanbars

schimdth

Symbianize Elder
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Credit to: kielmaru_07 from my group in photoshop freaks

Requirements:
1. Adobe Photoshop
- I'm merely using version 7.0 so I dunno if this applies to all Photoshop versions
2. Basic knowledge about Photoshop & Imageready
- If you lack this, you can find several threads here about Photoshop basics. Familiarize with the buttons. :thumbsup:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Open up your Photoshop window and follow these steps:

1) Scanbars are usually used in signatures so get a siggie and open it. In this case I used a signature that I made for cutest08/AJ a long time ago. Then click the Rectangle Tool (or press U).

ss1-1.jpg

2) Next, create a rectangular shape at the top of the signature. This will be the scanbar.

ss2.jpg

3) Amff, this is not really necessary but I changed the scanbar layer from Normal to Soft Light. You can also simply lower the opacity or use Overlay, Screen, Linear Dodge, etc. Depends on the look.

ss3.jpg

4) That's it. Go to the Imageready window. Press CTRL+M or click the Imageready button.

ss4.jpg

5) Voila. We're in the Imageready window now.

ss5.jpg

6) As you can see there's only one frame in the animation palette thing. Duplicate and make a new frame by clicking the button encircled below.

ss6.jpg

7) Now we have two animation frames.

ss7.jpg

8) While you're on the second frame, move the rectangle/the scanbar to the bottom of the signature.

ss8.jpg

9) Finished? So, in the first frame, the scanbar will be at the very top of the siggie. In the second frame, the scanbar is at the bottom. Now, click the tween button. See image below.

ss10.jpg

10) A box will pop up. In this case, I put 30 in the Frames To Add. The higher the number, the slower the movement of the scanbar. The lower the number, the faster the movement. 30 seems fine. It's what I usually use. Click OK.

ss11.jpg

11) Weeee. Now we have 32 frames. Don't worry.

ss12.jpg

12) Now, we need to tween it again so that the scanbar will go back and forth. Up down up down up down. On the 32nd frame, click the tween button again and change Previous Frame to First Frame.

ss14.jpg

13) Now it has 62 frames. Play it. This is the outcome.

cutestsiggie1.gif

14) Don't forget to save your work. Click File > Save Optimized As, and then put your filename. Now you're done! You can also make VERTICAL scanbars. Just make a vertical rectangle, put it on one side of the signature, and move it to the other side on the second frame.

Sir...Pag katapos ko po gawin to..ano po ung file extension niya para maplay...

.gif file po

boss ung adobe imageready ba other software po ba un?? ...hindi po ba adobe photoshop lang ang gagamitin jan sa paggawa nyan..xenxa na po...intresado lang ako sa post mo ..if ibang software po pahingi naman po installer para jan boss...tnx

san po mkkta ung image ready s cs4???ndi ko po kc mkta eh,...

sir help ako din di ko makita ung image ready paano po ba un...

adobe photoshop CS2 lang ang may image ready. Doon po sa mga may adobe photoshop CS3 and up pindutin nyo yung Window>Animation. Naintegrate na po kasi yung image ready sa mga
nasabing version na yun ;)

nice tut ts, baka meron ka pa iba jan, involving image ready ah, di kasi ako masyado pamilyar sa image ready pero yung photoshop alam ko yung basic. wait ko po yung iba mo pang tut. keep on sharing! deserves to hit thanks! :salute:

sir kapalan ko na apog ko..bka my Cs2 ka jan..cs4 at cs3 kc gamit ko...bka pwede ipost mo na din kung my cs2 ka...maraming salamat...gusto ko matutunan yang animated scanbars na ginawa mo....thanks sir.....

sir kapalan ko na apog ko..bka my Cs2 ka jan..cs4 at cs3 kc gamit ko...bka pwede ipost mo na din kung my cs2 ka...maraming salamat...gusto ko matutunan yang animated scanbars na ginawa mo....thanks sir.....
ala po ako CS2 sir gamit ko na po CS5 eh

how will i save that im using cs4 and cs5...when i saved it as gif its not animating???why???show some screenies

otor.. na tapos ko na po xa, kaso sa pag save ko bat di xa pede ma . jpg???? anu ba dapat kong gawin para ma jpg xa??

bakit ayaw niya mag animate pag save ko ng .gif??? any ideas??? paanu ba ito pa galawin??

Back
Top Bottom