Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUTORIALS] Nokia N900

@vetsin
i'd like to order... but i'll be in manila for just a couple of days... Sayang!

@To All...
whoever has a USED n900 case that is no longer needed... any case just not the nokia leather bifold case since i already have those... i'm willing to buy it... i'll be in manila from dec 9 till dec 13... vacation with my wifey...

no_side
ang mahal pala ng shipping cost. hehe kung isa lang order eh luge pa ko sa 2400 na selling price. :) wala naman akong kamag-anak sa states so walang chance. haha

andami hard case sa hongkong thru ebay less than 300 pesos lang kasama na shipping. i bought 2 sets ung isa pang reserve. youll just have to wait 2 or 3 weeks nga lang for the item to arrive and pick it up sa post office. just buy from those trusted sellers with very good feedbacks. never got duped by these sellers. trust lang.

andami hard case sa hongkong thru ebay less than 300 pesos lang kasama na shipping. i bought 2 sets ung isa pang reserve. youll just have to wait 2 or 3 weeks nga lang for the item to arrive and pick it up sa post office. just buy from those trusted sellers with very good feedbacks. never got duped by these sellers. trust lang.

hmmmm... about that... i'm really hesitant putting my credit card information online... and i don't have a paypal account... i'm pretty much a CAVEMAN with those kinds of things... i'm more of a SEE IT and HOLD IT kind of person :lmao:

but if ever can you recommend a seller... and pm me the link... also did you have to pay extra when you had it shipped to the post office... i'm thinking maybe i'm going to be screwed that... e.g i'll buy a 300ph worth of item then when i pick it up ill have to pay 500ph :noidea: which is crazy ryt?

buttom line i haven't purchased anything online and outside the country that would require shipping :pray:

^ in that case then you really have to apply for a paypal account if you dont want to share your CC info. paypal is safe and guaranteed.

it was a small envelope when it arrived. just payed 35 pesos for the claim fee. unless you bought something abroad and placed in a big box, then thats the time theyll open it and charge you the tax for the said item.

there are hundreds of ebay sellers with outstanding feedbacks. i had over a hundred transactions and not one of them i got duped. one time i purchased something but it didnt arrive for 2 months. contacted the seller about the problem and the seller reshipped same item to me. 3 weeks later the item arrived but now they are 2 as the postman failed to deliver the claim notice for the first one i ordered. :clap: never bothered to contact the seller since it would be another expense to ship it out. it was a cheap item anyway.

cearism,
yung masasagot ko lang eh yung sa GBA.
install ka ng VGBA, click the icon, go to the folder where the roms are saved, choose which game you want to play. done.
palagay ko dapat ganun lang din steps sa ibang emulators.

Ang problema kasi, whenever i click the VGBA icon, it will open only for a few seconds then magco-close agad, ibabalik agad ako sa main screen ng phone. I'm thinking baka maling app tong na download ko? Pero I noticed nag iisa lang ang VGBA emulator eh. :noidea:

Buti nlng meron dito Batangas. kala ko wala. :D mukha ng bago ang N900 ko haha :D

AnOng oM po ba pwedE gamiten dto? :D hahaha. My fbt/ubt po ba toh? Hehehe newbie here. :D

Sorry for the late response and thank you for the warm welcome guys :D

@joe
kelangan ng internet kung mag-iinstall ka ng apps galing sa Application Manager or Ovistore. Kung offline installation naman kelangan lang lahat ng depencies mameet mo. .deb files po installer ng maemo.
Ah. Hmm... I'll still need to learn these things XD But I'm quite familiar with Debian based OS so I hope I learn faster (My main OS is Linux Mint Debian)

Nakakagamit naman ng vpn mga pips dito, check mo na lang page1 for sir topet's guide. :)
Will definitely look into those once I get used to the new phone :D

Nga pala, highly-recommended na iflash mo muna N900 mo para parang bago. Page1 din yung steps. :)
Yeah, I plan to do that hopefully this coming Sunday when I can have the time :D

tanong ko na rin, nung nabili mo yung item ganung-ganun sa pictures nya? Ang ganda pa nung unit! Kung nakita ko agad yun baka ako bumili. Haha :p
Yup, ganun na ganun XD

And oh, I'm being boggled on the first post's tutorial of flashing the N900. Which among those bin files should I download and use for flashing? US? UK? India? Africa? Global?

Also, I've noticed the talk of buying a protective case for the N900. I think I should do that too :|

I'm wondering if pouch cases like these are better
vfL1.jpg

than these kind of cases?
$(KGrHqR,!h4E68Yd!WgPBO2n+Vdf7g~~60_12.JPG

Owners of Nokia N900 - which is better by chance? I plan to order most likely on my next paycheck or earlier as I want my Nokia N900 pampered and darn protected XD

hey guys, if you are having second thoughts on who to purchase these hard casings, check these seller on ebay.com.

gyb_hk

or

smokydiscount

ive had purchases with them and all items came in good condition. just check their items for sale. here are the samples of the casing i bought. by the way a screen protector is also included together with the hard case. hope this helps.

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

Gusto ko kc bumile netoh eh. Kaso parang coMplicated ung os. Hehehe :D

Sorry for the late response and thank you for the warm welcome guys :D

And oh, I'm being boggled on the first post's tutorial of flashing the N900. Which among those bin files should I download and use for flashing? US? UK? India? Africa? Global?

US or Global lang. Practically speaking all of them are the same, localization lang naman ang reason kung bakit may iba't-ibang version. If you have owned (and flashed) Symbian OS-based phones before I'm sure na-gets mo. ;)

Owners of Nokia N900 - which is better by chance? I plan to order most likely on my next paycheck or earlier as I want my Nokia N900 pampered and darn protected XD

Ako Otterbox kasi eh. Luckily nakabili pa ako, I have 2 units of N900 eh. Isa sa wife ko and isa sa akin. Wala na akong makitang nagbebenta dito sa Pinas, but I'm always on the lookout.

Off-Topic: ang ganda ng cross-sharing ng dalawang threads (Ubuntu Tutorials and N900 Tutorials)...I realized na may mga subscriber sa Ubuntu Tutorials na naging N900 owners...at may mga N900 owners naman na naging Ubuntu user. :) That's nice. :D

US or Global lang. Practically speaking all of them are the same, localization lang naman ang reason kung bakit may iba't-ibang version. If you have owned (and flashed) Symbian OS-based phones before I'm sure na-gets mo. ;)
I never have flashed a Symbian OS-based phone ever sadly - so I don't know ^^;; So is it safe to say to just download the Global version and use the .bin of the Global? As I plan to make the OS itself fully in Japanese (my 3rd language), I think going to Global is okay I think.

Ako Otterbox kasi eh. Luckily nakabili pa ako, I have 2 units of N900 eh. Isa sa wife ko and isa sa akin. Wala na akong makitang nagbebenta dito sa Pinas, but I'm always on the lookout.
Wow, swerte. I don't know where to buy that either. Either way, just bought a cheap $0.99 casing just now. I think it's fine to just buy a cheap casing as long as it does it's job. Pamasahe lang kasi ang presyo kaya might as well. At mataas naman reviews sa seller kaya mukhang maaasahan.

Off-Topic: ang ganda ng cross-sharing ng dalawang threads (Ubuntu Tutorials and N900 Tutorials)...I realized na may mga subscriber sa Ubuntu Tutorials na naging N900 owners...at may mga N900 owners naman na naging Ubuntu user. :) That's nice. :D
LOL! I just noticed that now too XD But I really wanted a Nokia N900 because it's probably the best Linux phone, or rather, mobile computer - that is also highly hackable and customizable. Once I finished customizing it, hopefully within the weekend, adding Nitdroid and apps I need, it's mostly going to be just a geek toy for me X3 Since it's offtopic, I plan to get my hands on the HP TouchPad hopefully January or so. That's another highly hackable touchpad that I can also install Linux in it :D

Another question - would it be alright to ask how to install apps to N900 Maemo OS when my only internet connection is TsunamiVPN & I don't have WiFi? Can the internet be 'shared' via USB? Or is still better that I get myself a Wifi internet connection to install stuff? I'm thinking of using Connectify in my (next to never used) Windows 7 OS if it still fails but might as well get a 1 day unlimited connection of Sun Cellular. Any suggestions on how I could solve this? Thanks thanks :D

Last edited:
@introoder

wow! that's an awesome case... that's exactly what i'm looking for... i'm currenty just stuck with this...

NokCP408CONTEST.jpg

which is really not that bad... but it adds the thickness of our n900s... but now im using a 100petot sleeve/pouch :lol:... it feels good holding the phone without the added bulk of the leather case :)

@JoeGibken

yes... about your question in regards to sharing the internet using the USB... just install NOKIA PC SUITE aka NOKIA OVI Suite... the latest right now is Nokia PC Suite 3.2.100...

What i can suggest is that you can do the Unli-internet on your Sun Network using your N900 then install an app called MobiHOTSPOT using the APPs Manager... then you have wifi using your phone as a modem... then you can download apps at maemo.org on your PC then transfer it to your phone...

need help sa mga experts ng aircrack..

I am running power kernel with loaded bleeding-edge wifi drivers on my n900
I start with:

ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode Monitor
ifconfig wlan0 up
airodump-ng wlan0

I am identifying my target network from the list but when I type: "airodump-ng --channel 11 --bssid xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -w susi --ivs wlan0", the program starts but the value of #Data column states 0, It does not capture any packets ?

What would be the problem??

need help sa mga experts ng aircrack..

I am running power kernel with loaded bleeding-edge wifi drivers on my n900
I start with:

ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode Monitor
ifconfig wlan0 up
airodump-ng wlan0

I am identifying my target network from the list but when I type: "airodump-ng --channel 11 --bssid xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -w susi --ivs wlan0", the program starts but the value of #Data column states 0, It does not capture any packets ?

What would be the problem??

Since aircrack-ng is actually based in a real Linux-based OS, you may want to view the tutorial at the Ubuntu Tutorials page. :)

Yes, it means it's not able to capture packets. What is the encryption type of the target? WEP or WPA? If it's WEP, you need to capture a lot of packets (at least 20,000 to 30,000); if WPA or WPA2, you just need one (1) packet. That single packet is what we call the "4-way Handshake". Another reason is you got out of range (too far) from the target.

If there is network inactivity (meaning no other client/device is currently accessing the router or connected to the router) then there are no packets being broadcast. There are two approaches to this situation:

1. Wait. :D Wait until an authenticated client/device actually connects to the router (i.e. laptop or mobile phone of the owner starts browsing the Internet)
2. Force a "disconnection" of the Internet (this is what we call "De-Authentication"). You will need to learn how to use the "aireplay" command. This command is also used to "inject" packets (i.e. feeding back the captured packets to the router); this is useful if you are cracking WEP since you need to capture thousands of packets. For WPA/WPA2, you just need one packet so a simple de-authentication will work so that an already connected client (which got disconnected) will be forced to re-establish connection to the router. In this instance, aircrack will actively wait for that re-connection session because that's where the "4-way Handshake" happens.

The Ubuntu tutorials thread has video tutorials on how to use aircrack-ng.

When using aircrack, you just need to capture packets. Once packets are captured, you can go out of range from the router. And then for the actual cracking process you can just copy the captured packets to your computer with aircrack-ng also installed and do the cracking there (recommend for you to use a Linux-based OS).

Last edited:

Cge magtanong ka lang hehehe buti na lang nadadagdagan na ung mga users ng n900 hehehe, i realize mas maganda talaga ung n900 sa samsung galaxy y, di man lang makapag online streaming sayang lang pera q

Back
Top Bottom