Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Essay Ay, Shooting Star!

.​

First, let me tell you that this is not about sex. In fact, you'll read about sex until the fifth sentence only. As always, this is about writing. But let's have the sex rolling first.

Rex, of the male sex (There you go, the sex stops here.) and a freshman high school student, has been fantasizing about Lisa since they were classmates in elementary school. Although he still doesn't understand the feeling, or even why he's feeling it, one thing he knows is that looking at Lisa makes him 'real hard'. What is unclear though is how he becomes 'real hard' when oggling at Lisa.

'Gee, I don't know,' Rex confesses to Blas, his classmate. 'It really makes me real hard. Like. . . real hard, you know."

Blas doesnt know. And neither do I.

Now picture this, if you may.

Rex is currently in his room. He's sitting on a chair, his back to the window, and an open book laid out on the table in front of him. Clear, so far? Good. Now, with that picture in your mind, one can safely infer that Rex is studying 'real hard' and that Rex appears to be a diligent student. Fair conclusion, yes? Yes.

But wait! Let's have a little bit of light, shall we? As you may have noticed, the room seems to be unusually dim. The only light seeping through is coming from the tiny slits of the window blinds behind him. It seems a bit odd, isn't it? It's hot -- it's the freaking middle of the day -- and the sun is shining outside in all its glory and yet. . . the blinds are down.

Now this is interesting. Rex, whom we believe is a diligent student, appears to be seriously studying a book in a very dark room! What sorcery is this? Has Rex been secretly hiding his magical power? An X-ray vision, perhaps?

Hmm. . . 'Curiouser and curiouser,' as Alice of the Alice in Wonderland fame used to say. I guess you're also feeling a bit curiouser and curiouser now, aren't you? Let's now creep a little closer towards the table. Please mind the table corner. We don't want you bumping into something 'real hard'. Besides, we would not want to disturb the boy, would we?

Alright, stop! A few inches more and you would have experienced how it feels when a nose collides with a leg table. I bet it hurts. Let's try to backtrack for a bit. There. This distance should be enough. In fact, it's perfect. We can see the silhouette of the boy to our right, with the partly-closed window behind him. And then the door stands obliquely to our position. So without losing the boy in our periphery, we can, at the same time, see whoever comes barging through that door. Perfect. Abso-fucking-ly perfect.

Why this spot, you say? Well, let me tell you why, my friend. I chose this advantageous spot because I have a gut feeling that a rather 'interesting' scene will soon unfold in this very room any moments from now.

It's really dark in here, don't you think? What? Feels like your choking? Oh yeah, the darkness can sometimes be a bit stifling. Are you, by chance, claustrophobic? Thought so. Well, fear not. This won't take long. Any minutes now and. . . well, you'll see.

Hey, look at the boy! See anything odd? No? Look at his silhouette more closely. It's really hard to see but if you concentrate well enough you'll notice it. There, you see it? Rhythmic movements under the table. And yes, that's his hand. Looks like he's pounding something. And boy, is he pounding it 'real hard'!

What? You're hearing something? I can't hea--oh yeah! He's muttering something! Let's edge a bit closer to him, shall we? Alright, this should be enough. If we go closer we will lose sight of the door. And we must not!

Oooh. . . Are you hearing what I'm hearing?

'Lisa. . . Lisa. . . Lisa. . .'

Who is Lisa? Why is he repeatedly reciting her name? Why read a book in the darkness? And what is that thing he's pounding 'real hard' below the table? Questions abound and the mystery deepens!

Dios mio! Did you hear that? A pattering of feet! And it's edging closer. Somebody's coming!

Look at Rex. He's still oblivious to the rapidly approaching sound. Just look at the steady rhythm of his pounding. And by god, listen to how he utters the name now!

'Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! Lisa!'

There is now a sudden urgency to his voice. And it seems to me like he's almost shouting her name already.

I fear that things are coming to a head now. We are soon to reach the inevitable climax, my friend! If not of this story, at least of Rex's. Of that, I am certain. The only thing left to do now is to silence our breath and still the pounding of our excited hearts.

Listen to the feet! The pattering of feet has stopped by the door!

'Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! Lisa!' Aaaaaaaaaaarrrceeeeño!

'Rex! Anong ginagaw--

'Nay, eto nang apo mo!'

i find it hard to control my giggles and eye rolling :rofl:

por dios por santo padre hano ngang itinuturo mo sa kanila :rofl:

Hehe :D Aktyuli, this is just an exercise on how to slowly build suspense in a story or narrative so that its climax will be something that readers will really look forward to. So basically it's something like this: Build suspense slowly. Create tension in every scene. Just make sure that you'll be able to maintain the suspense every step of the way, up until the climax. Kasi kung hindi, sasablay ang story. So yeah, it's really not about sex. Really. Pwamis. :D

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

si padre double post :whistle:

di ko napansin na posted na pala ito dito :slap:

ang isang akda ni padre na bumulaga sakin sa FB pagkagising na pagkagising ko :lol:
at di ko talaga magawang mapigilan na mapaisip ng di dapat maisip :rofl:

namiss ko basahin ang akda mo padre :alright:

wala paring kupas :10:

What double post? :noidea: at least napag isip kita. :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

wala pong double post :whistle:
namalik mata lang ako :p

kakagising ko lang nun padre :rofl:
binuhay mo katawang lupa ako :lmao:

pilyo ka talaga Padre..

OT: Babalikan natin si Maria,nalalapit lamang ang kaarawan ng aking supling sa hulyo na at invited ka,kayo. Sana matuloy na ang ating matagal ng planong magbarekan.

:giggle:

Para kong nahila padre. Para masaksakhihan. :slap: :lmao:
Hindi bitin. :lol:

Bangis padre. :hat:
:salute:

poof! it became coco crunch! :lol:

pagpapanabik pa lang pala hahaba na talaga ang kwento.

Back
Top Bottom