Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

CDR King CW 5356U/5358U Dual Wan Router Users

popo007

The Loyalist
Advanced Member
Reaction score
CW 5356u/5358u

Share naman po kayo experience niyo regarding this routers.

Warning: Don't ever attempt to flash any ddwrt fw to this router, It may cause brick as I and Leihacker09 encountered.

Note: Personally I didnt use the dual wan capability of this router, as other users posted the dual wan is not that stable. So do not ask over and over again how to setup this crap. If you want, use your old pc at home and setup a pfsense.

This is my setup: Refer to the post

Stock Firmware:

CW 5356u:

Link

CW 5358u:

Link

Shibby build also supports cw5358u from build 107 (and later) of his fw :D

Popular Custom tomato FW builds:

Shibby Build: Link

Toastman Build: Link

Advance Tomato Based on Shibby Build by Jacky 444: Link
at1.jpg

Advance Tomato has the same features with Shibby but with Modern GUI
Note: Expect some bugs in this build, this is under development. Only use below 8mb file because we only have 8 mb flash. Using higher size builds can cause brick to your device

Common build names used:
Mini - no USB, no CIFS, no Zebra
MiniIPV6 - no USB, no CIFS, no Zebra + IPv6
Std - normal build
Ext - normal + Extra utilities + NTFS
VPN - normal + Extras + NTFS + VPN
VPN-NOCAT - normal + Extras + NTFS + VPN + NOCAT portal

attachment.php

If your router needs USB support, chose a version with "USB" in the title.

Download:

CW 5356u

Shibby Build:
Click Here
Choose the latest build (at the time of writing, the latest build is 108)
Of course choose the EN (English) build

Toastman Build:
Click Here
Choose VLAN or STD Build

Note: Only choose 8mb and below file because 5356u only have 8mb flash memory and choose the file with TRX file extension not the BIN ones

CW 5358u

You can also use shibby and toastman build, follow the same instruction

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashing Tutorial

Note: I assume that you are using the Stock Firmware and CW 5356u Router only

Open your browser then type 192.168.11.1
Username: admin
Password: admin

Note: Please disregard the IP and Port I used in the screenshot. I used diferent IP to avoid conflict with the modem and I used port 8082 because I have OPTWARE packages installed in my router.

attachment.php

Choose Administration then upgrade

attachment.php

attachment.php

Click Choose File - Locate the FW that you have downloaded before then Click Upgrade.

attachment.php

Note: Please wait a couple of minutes to finish the flashing process to avoid bricking your device.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you flashed the shibby build, the default IP Address of your router will be 192.168.1.1 (from 192.168.11.1)

If you flashed the toastman build, follow the instruction below:

Open Network and Sharing Center the Click Change adapter settings

attachment.php

Right click the wireless adapter then click Properties

attachment.php

Double Click [Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCIP/IPv4) then follow the settings in the screenshot

attachment.php

After that, you can access router GUI in 192.168.1.1 IP Address.
Change the IP Address of the router, then go back again to change adapter settings then tick Obtain IP Address Automatically.

=============================================================================================================================================

Setting up VLAN

Please follow the screenshot below.
You can edit VLAN in your router GUI under advance-VLAN.

attachment.php

If you gonna change you router's IP Address, It must not be under the subnet of your modem's IP Address (for eg. If your modem's IP Address is 192.168.1.1, you need to avoid using 192.168.1.x IP Addresses. Instead, In my case I use 192.168.2.1 IP Address for my router.

Feel free to ask questions in this thread :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 17,735
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 17,667
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 17,569
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 17,596
  • toastman1.jpg
    toastman1.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 17,512
  • toastman2.jpg
    toastman2.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 17,255
  • toastman3.jpg
    toastman3.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 16,855
  • vlan.png
    vlan.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 16,571
  • ver.jpg
    ver.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 8,684
Last edited:
pede ba yun yung bm622 saka bm622i ipagsama?

pede ba yun yung bm622 saka bm622i ipagsama?

yep... change mo lang yung IP ng modems mo. naka Quad WAN yung setup ko ngayon using 2 BM622i and 2 BM621.
My Setting:

Router IP: 192.168.1.1
BM622i 1: 192.168.254.1
BM622i 2: 192.168.253.1
BM621 1: 192.168.252.1
BM621 2: 192.168.251.1

ano epekto nun pag naka dual wan ka o quad wan ka? isang pc lang ba yan?

ano po bang ibig sabihin ng dual wan ? :noidea:
Dual WAN, 2 internet connection sa isang router for speed and stability, depende sa settings mo.

ano epekto nun pag naka dual wan ka o quad wan ka? isang pc lang ba yan?

sa Router naka connect yan. so faster yung internet speed mo.
if FAIL SAFE yung setting mo, yung ibang connection mo maging back up in case mag disconnect yung isang connection mo.
if LOAD BALANCING ang setting, operational yung lahat ng connections mo. so if 4 wifi users mag connect sa QUAD WAN Setup, tig isa sila ng connection. hinde mo sya pwede gamitin sabay2x if browsing and web downloads lang, pero if torrent or multi port downloading, pwede mo gamitin sabay2x yung 4 connections. So if meron kang 4 Wimax modems with 2mb speed each, magiging 8mbit.

Dual WAN, 2 internet connection sa isang router for speed and stability, depende sa settings mo.

sa Router naka connect yan. so faster yung internet speed mo.
if FAIL SAFE yung setting mo, yung ibang connection mo maging back up in case mag disconnect yung isang connection mo.
if LOAD BALANCING ang setting, operational yung lahat ng connections mo. so if 4 wifi users mag connect sa QUAD WAN Setup, tig isa sila ng connection. hinde mo sya pwede gamitin sabay2x if browsing and web downloads lang, pero if torrent or multi port downloading, pwede mo gamitin sabay2x yung 4 connections. So if meron kang 4 Wimax modems with 2mb speed each, magiging 8mbit.

Boss panu ginawa mo, 5356u user ako, panu mo sinet up dual wan, baka kasi mapagana ko isang 622m soon

How to Fail Safe?
How to enable load balancing?

Im using shibby build 105

Last edited:
^ pwede yan tol at masarap kung parehas vip yan :D

balak ko bumili ng dual wan... hehe 1480 ata... ipon pa.. :D

balak ko bumili ng dual wan... hehe 1480 ata... ipon pa.. :D

Mas malaki flash memory ng 5354 kaya lang wala na sa cdr king nun, kunin mo 5358 mas mabilis procie

pa BM..

lam ko walang dual wan & load balancing ang shibby build. gamit ko v107

@jesthersilvestre

Sir paturo naman naman ng load balancing (or even failsafe), VIP Mac po ba yan?

Last edited:
pa BM..

lam ko walang dual wan & load balancing ang shibby build. gamit ko v107

bro meron gamitin mo ung 108 build, nagtataka lang ako kasi wl naman QUAD, dual lang meron. heheheeh

Hi everyone. Medyo TLDR; ito pero I really need help sa ating mga experienced users.

I am using CW-5358U. Actually kakasetup ko lang , ok naman sya nag loload balance sa WAN1 at WAN2.

My ISP's are all WiMAX since walang wired na kahit anong ISP sa area namin. I am using WiTribe and Globe Wimax (BM622m).

Here is my problem. Yung load balancing ng CW-5358U (or the Tomtato firmware) parang hindi nya chinecheck kung mabagal yung connection nung isa parang pure allocation lang ginagawa nya.

Well, that is how I saw it upon first experience saka observation. Here is a scenario.

WiTribe - Mabilis
Globe - Mabagal (sa sobrang bagal ayaw magload kahit google)

My questions are:

1. Is there a way na alamin nya muna kung mabagal yung latency ng isang connection at di nya muna gamitin yun for load balancing, then if it reaches the desired latency it'll use that connection again?

2. Diba dalawa lang ang WAN port , 1 is the WAN port itself then 2 is the a LAN bridge to a WAN (if I am not mistaken). Is there a way to enable WAN for the other ports using ip tables / routing ?

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Medyo TLDR; ito pero I really need help sa ating mga experienced users.

I am using CW-5358U. Actually kakasetup ko lang , ok naman sya nag loload balance sa WAN1 at WAN2.

My ISP's are all WiMAX since walang wired na kahit anong ISP sa area namin. I am using WiTribe and Globe Wimax (BM622m).

Here is my problem. Yung load balancing ng CW-5358U (or the Tomtato firmware) parang hindi nya chinecheck kung mabagal yung connection nung isa parang pure allocation lang ginagawa nya.

Well, that is how I saw it upon first experience saka observation. Here is a scenario.

WiTribe - Mabilis
Globe - Mabagal (sa sobrang bagal ayaw magload kahit google)

My questions are:

1. Is there a way na alamin nya muna kung mabagal yung latency ng isang connection at di nya muna gamitin yun for load balancing, then if it reaches the desired latency it'll use that connection again?

2. Diba dalawa lang ang WAN port , 1 is the WAN port itself then 2 is the a LAN bridge to a WAN (if I am not mistaken). Is there a way to enable WAN for the other ports using ip tables / routing ?

IDK if panu yung fail safe feature, nakita ko na yung dual wan feature niya but never been used, I'm currently using shibby build 108, 512mb swap partition, 1gb optware mounted, so far happy naman ako kaya lang nag kakaproblem ako minsan sa optware packages, sa unang boot ng router ma lag siya (because of loading the scripts :D)

Alam nyo ba kung anong build ng firmware to. Ito ang kelangan ko na settings for dual wan. And kung gumagana ba sya sa CW 5358U

ZFRKxJI.jpg

Y84myzL.jpg

Alam nyo ba kung anong build ng firmware to. Ito ang kelangan ko na settings for dual wan. And kung gumagana ba sya sa CW 5358U

http://i.imgur.com/ZFRKxJI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Y84myzL.jpg

Stock fw ba ng 5358u yan?

Astig pala hw ng 5356u the same lang with asus rtn10u, I both 7dbi antenna then plug it in sa 5356u change the transmit power to 100w, kahit maraming pader na dinadaan umaabot parin, observe ko muna siya baka mag overheat, now running 30mins in 100w transmit power :D

sir patulong namn po bakit madalas po ayaw mag load ng website pag naka dual wan minzan okay naman minsan ang tagal misan wala talaga ayaw mag load im usin cw-5356u router po..baka po may mali lang sa settings ko paturo namn po sir pero ok nman net meron nmn ping..salamat

sir patulong namn po bakit madalas po ayaw mag load ng website pag naka dual wan minzan okay naman minsan ang tagal misan wala talaga ayaw mag load im usin cw-5356u router po..baka po may mali lang sa settings ko paturo namn po sir pero ok nman net meron nmn ping..salamat

QoS enabled? check mo po, Di pa po ganun ka stable load balancing ng tomato e

Back
Top Bottom