Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Wow, I haven't posted or visited this thread in a long while! Ang busy kasi sa school. I just finished Entwined by Heather Dixon. Did anyone else read it? It's good, it had a whimsical feel to it.

Currently reading Steel by Carrie Vaughn. :)

@yche09 - really? haha...:) well i'm really glad you loved Thoughtless and Effortless...and wow you read them so fast! ako I was reading Thoughtless for weeks, kasi I had to stop every now and then coz of frustration over most of the characters' decisions...haha...naku looks like you're an ever more patient and forgiving reader than me...lol...

Effortless took me less time reading it coz by then I was soo in love with all the characters already, plus its a much more enjoyable book...and the feeling of longing talaga jumps out of the pages...fave part ko yung during Christmas...so cute...and the little love notes, esp. the one hidden in the couch, hay Kellan is just the sweetest...haha...

and me too napaisip din ako, what would I have done if faced with those circumstances? grabe super messy ng situation nila...talk about pamamangka sa dalawang ilog...I mean they're under one-freakin'-roof!!!

and more, the insight we get after, the trust issues, worrying always about the other one straying...just shows that the problems don't disappear after they get together...

---

anyway, finished reading the first 2 books of the River of Time series...its craaaazy good! I love the adventure...with mighty knights, and ladies and lords, and battles at every page turn...Im reading the third one as soon as it shows up...:p

Last edited:

Finally started reading Larissa Ione's Demonica series. I'm still on my second book. :) So far so good! :D

@zelle - yep :)! i have lots of time now kaya nakakabasa na talaga. Hehe, forgiving ba? well.. i admit, tinignan ko kasi yung end ng book. Sabi ko kung hindi rin lang sila ni Kellan ang magkakatuluyan, hindi ko na itutuloy :lol: . Yep, i love the notes! parang PS I Love You. I agree.. its a good thing na ginawan ng second book. Kasi ako, i personally believe na pag yung relationship nagstart sa doubt and lies, it won't be an easy breezy one. Galing ng author.. kakabitin ng ng ending, parang sabi ko.. yun na yung proposal? haha

@diokdin - wow! so glad mababasa mo riiinnn Demonica Series.. tell us what you think ha..and kung sino magiging fave guy mo po. :yipee:

---------------------------------------

Anywayyy... After ng Beautiful Disaster, i actually read so many books na..

>Cross my Heart - hindi ko expected yung ending.. hmm, not so hate-love relationship pero somewhat parang ganun.
> Thoughtless
>Effortless
>Vanish
> October Breezes & Summer Breezes - hmmm... good in some way, maganda yung story line. recommended kung gusto nyo ng love story ng bestfriend turned lovers, mejo naturn off lang ako sa second book. POV kasi ni guy tapos lahat ng iniisip and sinasabi nya eh about how he really knows the girl. sobrang naging parang predictable.
>The Sky is Everywhere - like like like... Nakakakilig
>Backstage Pass - adult mejo erotic romance. I guess its okay? haha, i just skipped some scenes.
>Rock Hard - Eto i love this!! hot!
>Archangel's Blade - Okaaayy.. namiss ko rin sila Elena and Raphael but i'm so glad Dmitri found his wife again. I love it. Mejo naghinala na ako sa bandang gitna about sa twist neto.. but yeah, its really good. Didn't disappoint. :)

oh and btw Fins are Forever and Vanish almost has the same twist. The girls in the story are has both bonded with "the other guy" and they both kinda feel what the "other guy feels" .. i don't know what'll happen next on these series but i have a bad feeling that i won't like the next books altogether.

-----------------------------------

currently reading Love Unscripted . by Tina Reber. so far so good. Mejo JTSMA ang dating but the difference is super good guy yung bida dito.

Last edited:

@yche, yeah finally. LOL :lol: I'm still on my 3rd book.

My Ratings so far is this:

1. Pleasure Unbound - :) :) :) :)

I like how she created her world about Demons. Though sometimes I feel borderline in worshipping Satan na. This book talaga is not for teens. She portray Demons are good. I like the brothers. E, Shade and Wraith. The first book is a good start.

2. Desire Unchained - :) :) :) 1/2

I love it! But there's a scene yung nasa cave sila and Runa asked Shade to release her or free her of guilt by BDSM. When I read it I feel nahirapan magwrite is LI sa scene na yun and it was painful for me to read it. Tapos yung mga demons descriptions those that can't mingle or be seen sa human eyes are very comic like. Like X-men. He he :D

But other than that I like the story. Especially love the story about Kynan and Gem.

Since dalawa pa lang na read ko na book, sa tatlong brothers I like E. And I'm glad hindi namatay si Luc. I wanna read his story. :D I feel he's got a very good story to share. :)

Last edited:

Wow, diokdin borderline in worshipping Satan? hahaha :slap:

I'm reading Percy Jackson at kakatapos ko lang yung second book, going to read the 3rd novel. Don't worry, I think I'm having a soft spot for Hades too. hahaha :lmao:

Action packed yung libro and very funny sometimes yung mga lines.

Braccas meas vescimini

@diokdin - i agree that its definitely not for teens. Serena's and Wraith's (3) story is still my fave followed by Sin's and Conall (5). Yep, LI definitely made it a point na merong good demons. I guess depende sa nagbabasa kung pano iinterpret :) Ang pinaka nagustuhan ko jan eh walang dull moment. Parang parating merong either good or bad na mangyayari :)

-------------------------

Finished reading Love Unscripted -- definitely iba sa JTSMA (parehas lang sila ng theme, i guess...) Mas complete in a way i guess? kasi talagang natackle nila yung issue pagdating sa social lives ng celebrities with nonceleb gf/bf. Mas complete din kasi uber haba ng novel na ang daming nangyari to lead from one point to another.

currently reading Providence ... still figuring out Jared..:)

@shina_konoe, yup. Borderline nga though she also gives distinction sa mga demons nya. May good at bad din. But not good for teens to read, they might get bad examples.

@yche, I agree that's there's no dull moment sa book. Fast pace din siya at madaling basahin. Though I haven't got time to read again busy sa work. So stuck na naman ako sa 3rd book.

san po kayo nagddownload ng ebook? penge naman po link maraming :thanks: po

@diokdin - the characters will grow on you ...aww i love the third book.. sana you'll like Wraith :)

-----------------------------

uhmmm.. where to start? haha ang dami ko kasing nabasa these past few days..

Finished reading:

PROVIDENCE AND REQUIEM by Jamie Mcguire - really great angels/half angels novel. I love it. Uber kakakilig and interesting yung mga nangyayari.. don't worry hindi violent yung guy dito unlike sa Beautiful Disaster.. haha although i'll forever love Travis. Hindi ka mabibitin kahit hanggang book 2 palang.

(naghanap ako ng iba pang angel/half angels novel since i liked Providence..)

CROSSROADS by Mary Ting - I'm giving this a 4/5 kasi naconfuse ako sa story. Iba rin yung plot nya. Its a good read about angels.. just not as good as providence/requiem.. arrrghh.. bad talaga magcompare (wag gayahin please hehe) :lol:

AWAKENED by Ednah Walters - another angel/half angel novel. eto i'm giving it a 5! i love it. Full of action and drama (not the bad kind of drama). May iba iba kasi silang powers so its kinda like seeing a movie. The main girl is still clueless of her powers pero kahit inaapi api sya ng iba.. she's resilient.

The Sexiest Vampire Alive by Kerrelyn Sparks - Light read like some of the other books in the series. Wala masyadong action since Gregori is a lover not a fighter (kinda hehe). I'm glad maganda yung plot for my ever awaited Gregori .

The Darkest Surrender by Gena Showalter - Ehem, i love it, love it, love it. Hindi ko talaga particularly like yung character ni Strider from the past books, kahit sa first part ng book na to kasi he's really boastful and full of himself.. pero sa gitna naman ng book eh he started to come around. I almost pitied Kaia kasi palagi nalang nyang naiisip na inadequate sya..pati for Strider. Pero everything worked out well. Again, its like watching a movie kasi magaling si GS magswitch ng scenes from the main characters to the other characters. I admit, talagang inaabangan ko yung mga parts na naka focus kay Paris. Haha! :lol:

Speaking of Paris....

here's the official cover of the The Darkest Seduction which will be out on 02/21/2012..

DARKESTSEDUCTIONpdf.jpg

what do you guys think? its super different from the past books wherein there's just one guy in the cover. I think its fitting since this is PARIS' book.

minor detail lang naman yung maling color ng hair ni Paris.

but all in all... for me its a hot cover. :thumbsup:

-----------------------------

so there.. now i just have to wait for Lost in Time (Blue Bloods 6) and for someone to upload Betrayed (The Guardian Legacy, #2) by Ednah Walters :) Still don't know what to read next so maybe i'll just watch movies for the time being. ;)

Last edited:

Have you seen the Hunger Games Movie Trailer??? Showing on March 2012.

Im sooooooooooooooo excited! :excited:

Nasa chapter 8 pa nga lang ako pero grabe love na love ko na yung book!

@yche09 - hey, same here, i've got more time to read din...though you've read far more than I have...there can still be a lot of distractions even when you're just hanging around the house...:p

@diokdin - thanks for your reviews on Demonica :). I actually started reading the first book, but unfortunately the Paranormal world is not calling out to me right now...too troublesome to me these days to visualize a new world which is prevalent here in this genre...so I'm sticking w/ the ones I'm already familiar w/ for now..I also started reading IAD, unfortunately, same reaction :(...hay, plus I think the beginning of the book is a bit too, uhm, savage for my taste..guess I'm not ready for those yet...haha...I'll try again when I'm in the mood..:)

----------

anyway some books I did finish were..
Going Too Far - I really liked this one, particularly the girl, she's funny and quirky w/ pretty amusing thoughts, I enjoyed reading her thoughts...plus the guy has an adorable name in my opinion...:lol:, and lastly, this book once again proved that I also have a thing for men in uniform, or in this case a young guy in uniform..:p

Heart on a Chain - now this was a surprise...Its mainly about domestic violence w/ a love story of course...this story is violent at times but very heart-warming, heartbreaking, and tender mostly...and I just love Henry (the bidang guy)...we girls could use a few more Henry's in this world...I wish there are guys like him in real life...hehe..

Eona - well finally finished this one...what a power outage combined w/ every other gadget dying except the reader can do...:lol:, I really looked forward to all the Eona-Kygo scenes, there are so few but every scene is worth the wait naman kasi super kilig every time, haha...though after reading the River of Time series, I think this one has too many lull moments for me...though, the end was action-packed and I didn't see the twist at the end coming, very nice...

Just The Sexiest Man Alive - I just finished this now..and wow, I'm in love w/ Julie James...haha :), I love her writing..its so classy! for me, the way she strings her words is very elegant..I've been wanting to read a non-YA contemporary romance for so long! the ones I've tried are juts not appealing enough and bores the hell outta me I didnt even bother finishing...so Im really happy I read this, my first one in this genre...hallelujah! :lol: I will definitely read her other books!

anyway, I love the part where the two friends visited, that was a riot, haha, and the ending most definitely...and a whole lot more really, most of the time im smiling silly while reading, even back-reading some parts I find highly amusing...haha...a totally feel-good-I-wish-read-this-sooner novel!

----------

right now im torn bet. reading SP's Lola or GS's Darkest Surrender first...:p
and I'm super excited for Paris' story as well, but not really setting my expectations very high, para hindi madisappoint...hehe..great cover btw...ang special naman ni Paris, sya lang may kasamang girl sa cover...well considering his too-long-awaited story...hahaha...

@zelle1016 - halu! glad you liked JTSMA! :) i will be reading Going too far tonight.. sobrang tagal na nya sa to read list ko hehe.

----------------------------------------

I have read Lola and The Boy Next Door.. maganda. I can't compare it to Anna and The French Kiss kasi its a totally different story although pinakita sa ibang scenes sila Etienne and Anna. Sobrang unique ni Lola and sometimes gusto ko rin syang batukan pero everything worked out well naman. Inaadmire ko yung character ni Cricket.. sobrang patient nya all throughout. I love it.. i'm giving it.. hmm.. a 4.5 i guess? :)

I also read Trust in Advertising last night. Eto i trully recommend sa mga fans ni Julie James and other contemporaries. I love how the aouthor opened my mind with regards the advertising world.. the drama behind it and all. Ang cute pa kasi yung main girl eh long term crush si guy nung highschool tapos after 10 years ata yun, biglang yung guy pala eh magiging boss nya. Sobrang nakakakilig uber... :yipee: nakakatuwa kasi alam ni girl (Lexi) lahat about dun sa guy (Vincent).. like fave food, locker number etc. Its a really interesting read pa kasi i'm always wondering kung ano gagawin nila next.. plus yung family and friends nila ang sweet. :) definitely a fiver/five! or maybe 11/10 :clap: love it. Read nyo rin ha. ;)

oh et pa pala.. next novel from Julie James out on APRIL 3, 2012

11235783.jpg

HE’S PLAYING GAMES

Though Rylann Pierce tried to fight the sparks she felt for billionaire heir Kyle Rhodes the night they met, their sizzling chemistry was undeniable. But after being stood up on their first date, Rylann never expected to see him again. So when she finds herself face to face with Kyle in a courthouse nine years later, she’s stunned. More troubling to the beautiful Assistant U.S. Attorney is that she’s still wildly attracted to him.

BUT SHE’S MAKING THE RULES

Just released from prison, Kyle Rhodes isn’t thrilled to be the star witness in a high-profile criminal case — but when Rylann comes knocking at his door, he finds she may be the one lawyer he can’t say no to. Still as gorgeous and sharp-tongued as ever, she lays down the law: she doesn’t mix business with pleasure. But Kyle won’t give up on something he wants — and what he wants is the one woman he’s never forgotten..

looking forward to it.. :)

Thank God symbianize is back. When I try opening today it says account suspended kasi. Matagal tagal din yung account suspended na sign.

yche, yeah super love book 3 of Demonic series and I love Wraith and Serena's story. I rate it 5 stars.

Gena Showalter and Julie James book covers looks good. And the synopsis looks interesting too. :) I'll be looking for it. ;)

zelle, I'm not reading anything right now kasi I'm just super busy sa work. I wake up 4:30am to go to work and I arrive home almost 6pm na. After I eat and just unwind it's 8pm na so I need to sleep to wake up early the next day kaya wala akong time to read any genre right now. And I super miss my me time.

yes! daming new recos :clap: madadagdagan na naman ang TBR ko! :lol:

mukhang interesting yung Love Unscripted at Trust in Advertising...masimulan nga :)

Last edited:

Hello everyone! I finally found time to read again. Plus it's almost sembreak so more time for me!

I've just read Anna and the French Kiss and I loved it! I loved the whole story talaga. I'm definitely going to read more from this author.

I also read The Queen of Attolia. It's the second book in a series and I must admit it's turning out to become one of my top favorites. The writing is excellent and the plot is well-thought out. Although I'm not sure if it's the type of story for everyone. Give it a try though. It's really good. The first book is entitled The Thief.

Now reading Catching Fire...

>>>Hi everyone, sa mga nakabasa ng Hunger Games, meron ba tong love story? na-iintriga na ako hehe :giggle:

@yche09 - hey you! no I didnt just like it, I lovelovelove it...hahaha...of course im no expert regarding this genre, but Julie James just captured everything i've been looking for in a contemp-romance novel...:) I hope all her other novels are just as good if not more...as for Going too far, its not that long a novel i think, though I did not go crazy over this, i think its still a good read..:) hope you'll like it too..next read ko naman ang Lola and The Boy Next Door..excited nako! :lol:
and mahunting ko nga ang Trust in Advertising na yan, Im only aware of her 4 novels, may iba pa pala...hala humaba na naman ang TBR list ko!

@diokdin - awww, i know what you mean girl, been there...kaya naman now that i've got time, im reading as much as I can, para sulit...

@decadence - hello! finally! :excited: someone who has read the Queen's Thief series! im so happy! :yipee: I totally agree w/ you..galing ni author ano?, the kind that I actually looked for her books and did not hesitate to buy, w/c was quite difficult coz they've been released a while back, found one though and i actually kissed the book when I found it,:lol: ...there's magic in her words to me, and the series is a re-readers' paradise...my fave is the third one, I've read it countless times...The King of Attolia...daming kilig moments eh..hahaha..and i lovelovelove Eugenides!, thank you for reading the series...:)

Last edited:

@charmed19jess - hi! yes there's a love story...but IMO, I think you'll read (and love) it for the adventure or rather thrill of the story, really...that was the case for me at least...really a not-to-miss, hard-to-walk-away-from series...

Back
Top Bottom