Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of books we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

^ I am interested in reading The Vincent boys by Abby Glines because I just finished reading her Breathe. BUT I really want to read her Because of Low, hehe, I liked Marcus a lot in Breathe.:p kaso wala pa yatang copy dito sa symbianize eh...:noidea:

basahin mo girl.. you wont regret it.. ive read many books na d ko na mabilang.. u see nasa top 5 sya.. that must be good.. a LOT better than BREATH.. kase from the point of view sya ng dalawang main character.. so you get to know how the boy feels towards the girl and vice versa. kilig tlga.... enjoy! :D

Last edited:

Halllooww my dears! ^_^

Pasingit muli.. ^^

Reco ko lang:

AMPLIFIED by Tara Kelly - Nice contemporary YA. This is all about a girl's courage pag nasa real world na (away from parents and all) plus finding her self sa gitna ng stage fright nya. I love how the story unraveled. Not much loveydoves pero kk lang...

GEEK GIRL by Cindy C. Bennett - Maybe not as intense as Heart on a Chain pero tinatackle parin yung child abuse and nakakatouch parin. Kilig factor = 85% ? hehehe i dunno. may 90% .. it's all so cute kasi si geek and si weird punk girl mga bida.

DREAM CHASER - Liked Step Up? I'm sure makakarelate kayo dito. I waited for this personally because uber fan ako ng mga dance movies. I love it hindi lang dahil cute sila.. i guess i love it kasi para akong nanunuod ng movie? It's like i can see them. Anywayyy.. maganda rin yung lesson ng story. It'll make you wanna be a dancer. haha ^_^

❤❤❤ I'm finished na sa Percy Jackson Series and i MUST,, MUST MUST MUST say that we all SHOULD SHOULD SHOULD read it. I've never felt this way about a ya/middle grade series.. not since Harry Potter. I was listening to audio versions nito and glancing sa book from time to time. I love the series kasi super filled with adventure.. as in jam packed! Sobrang wth (i mean.. anu nangyare? bat parang super iniba) yung movie kung icocompare. Sayang, it would have been a good movie series kung binigyan nila ng chance at hindi super iniba especially the AGE. Anywayyy.. ang ganda ng story line nung series and the way it ended.. just oh so satisfying. Madami din lessons.. like friendship, how parents should not abandon their kids etc etc.... Basta.. please do read it if you have the time :)

Ayan muna ^^ I'm just re-reading paranormal romances (Kerrelyn Sparks, Nalini Singh, Kresley Cole, Larissa Ione) for now since yun ang mga nakuha ko nung birthday ko hehehe. ;)

@shelko23 - Hello! I am a big fan of your list din! Except i don't recommend reading the second book of Double Clutch hehehe.

OM i SOOO much agree with you!! kainis yung writer sinira nya ang DOUBLE CLUTCH dahil sa second book.. but ill read DOUBLE CLUTCH over and over again..

I finally got around reading Flat-Out Love and Beautiful Disaster!:clap: I finished and loved both. Nakakalungkot lang kasi madaming galit kay Jamie Mcguire, andami tuloy negative comments and reviews sa goodreads. I finished Because of Low yesterday, I'm hoping that the third book will be about Cage.:p

IMpatiently waiting for the release of a new book. and im hoping (x a gazillion) that it will be posted today and that i will not be disappointed with the story.

on a much brighter news (i know ive mentioned this several time na but still.... :D )

Kresley Cole is releasing the first book in her new PNR series, Dacians, on August 21, 2012.... and the first book in her new YA series, The Arcana Chronicles on October 2012.

KC really loves us :dance: 3 books in one year! woot woot!

newaiz, here's the synopsis of the 2 books.

Shadow's Claim: The Dacians: Realm of Blood and Mist

Prince Trehan Daciano, a ruthless master assassin will use every lethal skill he possesses to defend his imperiled kingdom—as well as his newfound princess. When an ancient secret threatens to destroy them all, can Dacia’s notorious prince of shadows keep his Bride alive against all odds?

The Arcana Chronicles Book 1: Poison Princess - YA

Poison Princess centers on 16-year-old Evangeline "Evie" Greene, a privileged teenager from Louisiana. When an apocalyptic event decimates her hometown, killing everyone she loves, Evie realizes the hallucinations she'd been having for the past year were actually visions of the future — and they're still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux. As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophecy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of teens have been chosen to re-enact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it's not always clear who is on which side …

who else is excited? :)

^ Is the new LK book out already??????

I finished reading Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan. I really liked it, however, I was agitated by the ending...:furious: i found out later na may sequel pala... I'm so relieved:p

Due to the super busy schedule, I've only managed to read 2 books for the month of February.. How sad! Haha. It's almost summer though so I'll have plenty of time then! But first I need to get through the rest of the semester.

I just finished reading The Maze Runner and surprisingly, I really liked it. I think it helped that I didn't know what to expect before I read it. James Dashner really knows how to keep the suspense going and the story is just full of questions whose answers always seem to elude you.

Has anyone else read it? This is a book I'd recommend :)

may alam kayo link ng GOOD NEWS BIBLE in KINDLE format po? Salamat po

hi'ya all!! ^_^

Been busy this past few days pero popost na aku ng ibang reco's.

Bitter Sweet by Sarah Ockler - A nice, sweet story na mala cutting edge but no quite ang dating. The story is cute although medyo predictable. Yung family problem nung girl eh intriguing.. kaloka. hehehe. Anywayy.. i liked it.

Because of Low by Abbi Glines - GREAT!!! i soooo love Marcus! Ang ganda din nung story. I wanna be Low!! Medyo unexpected lang yung main conflict pero all in all.. maganda ^_^

A Scent of Greek by Tine Folsom - Ang hot ni Dionysus dito! super weird considering na ang panget nya sa Percy Jackson. haha. I am a fan kasi nung first book nitong series na to kaya i read this one. Nkakatawa ,, super humorous and nakaka inlove din. =)

THE DARKEST SEDUCTION by Gena Showalter - Oh damn.. grabe. hot kung hot at plot kung plot!!! ang galing talaga ni GS gumawa ng story manang mana kay BFF KC. WHAT AN ENDING!!! I love it!! Hindi ako nadisappoint. Clearly, it was all that jazz. hehe. Sienna is frkkin perfect for Paris. Happily ever after talaga ^_^ yessss!!

------------------------

@maysapaw - inaantay ko both of coursseee!!! :dance: I'd like to see kung okay ba gumawa ng YA si KC. Some authors kasi eh awkward na pagdating sa ya (kung romance author)..

/off topic : nakabili na ako ng new reader! nook simple touch. Works great! =) so far, im happy with it!

Last edited:

^ funny thing while reading Lisa Kleypas' Rainshadow Road...namention ang mga electronic book readers :) and siempre special mention ang Kindle :lol:

i'm kinda underwhelmed with her new book. it's definitely not the LK i love...but it is still passable (meaning i was able to read the whole thing without skipping parts). i guess i will rate it between 3 - 3.5 stars.

darn...i forgot that i have to start reading GS :lol: di kasi talaga ako naengganyo ng 1st book nya but since BFF sila ni KC...will try again :lol:

KC in YA, all i hope is that the characters will be as sassy as IAD. That is the main reason why her books are so great. The characters (may it be the protagonist or the villains) are sassy coupled with deadpan humor :)

pleasesparemewithtrianglelovestorieswherethegirlisconfusedbetweentwodropdeadgorgeousboys :lol:

^
Rainshadow Road, may touch of fantasy, parang hindi usual LK novel, but it was good. I really liked Sam Nolan and his geek shirts!:lol: parang adult version ni Matt from Flat-Out Love. Sana magsulat uli ng historical si LK.

Curious ako sa YA paranormal ni KC, pero sana wag sya masyadong maging busy sa other book series nya para tuloy tuloy pag publish ng IAD:lol:

@yche09

Sobrang swerte ni Low kay Marcus! Ang awkward lang ng situation nila, parang ang hirap iexplain kapag may family gathering:slap:

Just finished The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure. James Dashner really knows how to tell a story and keep the suspense going. I would have wished that the third book was as good as the others though but it felt kinda rushed.

I'm thinking of reading Lola and the Boy Next Door next. :)

Hello everyone, I just finished reading The Sandman Book of Dreams anthology; still unfinished with Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Ang tagal ko na to binabasa, walang time talaga. Right now I'm eager to read another book, The Memory Keeper's Daughter. How was it? Any feedback? Thanks in advance!

Despite my busy sched, I've found time to read 3 books. I now have 16/50 books for my goal for this year. :p

The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima. It's just...wow. I really fell in love with male protagonist all the more! And I'm really glad that the female protagonist changed and developed especially in terms of attitude. There was also mystery and suspense here... and a few twists as well. Such a good YA high fantasy.

The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima. What else can I say? I really do love this series! CWC really knows her stuff. Her story is plot driven but her characters are also well-developed.

Grave Mercy R.A. LaFevers. A very original story. I mean nuns and assassins? Never heard of that before! I really wanted to love this story though but there were some aspects that I felt was lacking.. But that's just me. I also love it because it's historical fiction and has a mix of political intrigue, and I definitely have a soft spot for these types of novels. Definitely very different from all the other YA novels out there. :)

not reading too much nowadays :( (matapos ko kaya ang Hunger Games bago ko mapanood ang film? abangan ang susunod na kabanata! :lol: )

newaiz, i'll be on vacation when Julie James book comes out...i'm not sure if i'll be able to dl it :weep:

if i can...i just hope that someone can post a mobi version of it since i'll upload it directly to my kindle...pretty please :pray:

hi, pls post "anna and the french kiss" several have recommended it but unfortunately haven't been able yet :( so pls pls pls :pray:

thanks in advance:salute:

^ you are looking at the wrong subforum. check out fiction area (specifically teen lit thread) and you should find it there as well as other million YA books.

geek girl is nice...me kilig factor din...i want sana ya with a lot of the guy showing not he cares pero by his actions gets very teritorial or jelous..or a lot of showing mixed up signal;..tpos ko n ung breath and perfect chemistry.both nice..

Books I recently read and really liked:

Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie--- hay, nakaka-touch itong book na to, Callum and Harper were the modern day Job, their lives even before they met were already strife with drama and when they found each other, they were still bombarded with problems, ibang klase. :slap:

Almost by Anne Elliot--- YA din, I liked this book kasi may related PTSD yung heroine, I find her situation interesting because she wasn't raped but she was so distraught, she forgot what happened that night, etc, --- as in major psychological issues.

Looking For Alaska by John Green--- third Green novel I read, I didn't cry as much as I did with TFIOS but it was as brilliant.

Speaking of movies (The Hunger Games on 23rd!:clap:), I watched One for the Money last night starring Katherine Heigl, the movie based on Janet Evanovich' Stephanie Plum series. It wasn't as funny as the book (as always), it was okay, I guess. Sayang kasi yung humor hindi masyadong nagreflect sa movie, the books always make me laugh so hard. Hopefully THG won't be disappointing, I can't watch it in big screen though, hintayin ko na lang na iupload dito sa symbianize:lol:

Last edited:

halu peeps!

Just wanted to drop by and say how much i love.love.love COLORADO MOUNTAIN SERIES by Kristen Ashley!! I recommend the whole series (3 books. My fave guy is TY :dance: oohlala.

Ayun muna ;) xoxo

^ uploaded na sa kindle ko yung kay Ty, problem is when i read some of the reviews ang sabi daming maling grammar, spelling etc. but that's not what's keeping me from reading the book....it's because it is tooooooo looonnnnggggg! :lol: i mean i can only read a long novel like that if it is Nix's book or HP for that matter! :lol:

btw, it seems that reading self published books has cured your OCD :D

Back
Top Bottom