Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are wel

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [update: job opening for IT, CSR and TSR on page

heheh..kaya pa pare failure ang name mo dito?

no, no, pag nastumble ka, try to stand up. wag mawalan ng confidence. kung gusto mo talaga mag work sa call center, hindi pang local, then improve yourself... wag ka lang maggive up.

lahat naman nagdaraan sa ganyan e. remember na no one was born excellent neither good. dumaan lahat sila sa proceso.
yah
now im all pumped up after reading an inspiring grad speech from the essay section

just like my trainer says when I told her that I already failed at 10 companies.
"You still have 1490 call centers left" lol

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [update: job opening for IT, CSR and TSR on page

@aijin
excelasia offers training for 10 days I think. After that, they will endorse you to their clients. It is located in makati.

You could try TELEDEVELOPMENT at ortigas. They offer free training for qualified applicants and then endorse you to their clients.
or try jobsolutions located at quezon ave. free training for qualified applicants for 3 weeks.

thanks ts for making a thread like this, i hope na ma correct din ang mali mali kong english hehe... pa tambay dito, bka sakaling may pag asa pa ako... thanks again this is really a big help to someone like me na taga KURUKANv:lol:..... :thumbsup:

di man ako ang ts, i'd like to welcome you here pre.. welcome!

others will definitely learn from you while you do learn from others, too

:)

Guys, do you know any company/institute that offers free training? or maybe a place where i can study for a short course in call center management. If it is not for free, please give some information about the tuition fee and other expenses. Bulacan to monumento area only.

By the way, does excelasia offer(s) this kind of training? They are going to conduct a job fair in sm city marilao this coming november 5. Do you think it is a good place to start?

---feel free to correct my grammar mistakes--- :)

whenever you use do, does, did, the verb should take its base form.

does excelasia offer..
did excelasia offer..
do you offer...

---
i dont know exactly where bulacan and monumento are located.. :D but i know a training center in Makati. If you're not far from the place then you might want to give it a try :) the fee is somewhat 5 thou for all the courses.

yah
now im all pumped up after reading an inspiring grad speech from the essay section

just like my trainer says when I told her that I already failed at 10 companies.
"You still have 1490 call centers left" lol

hahaha.. that's a good motivator to push forward

Guys, do you know any of company/institute that offers free training? Or maybe a place where I can study for a short course in call center management? If it is not for free, please give some information about the tuition fee and other expenses. Bulacan to monumento area only.

By the way, does excelasia offer(s) this kind of training? They are going to conduct a job fair in SM City Marilao this coming November (5) Five. Do you think it is a good place to start?

---feel free to correct my grammar mistakes--- :)
I think you, sir, would be an excellent chat support agent. Have you thought of applying in non-voice accounts?

However, you have to really take note of proper capitalization of words. I'm attributing your mistakes in that area to carelessness. But if you really want to improve, you have to take good care of how you write; even the minute details. Be sure to always cross the Ts and dot the Is, so to speak. Additionally, numbers from one through ten are ALWAYS spelled out, and numbers 11 and higher are written as numerals. The only exception is when the sentence begins with a number. In that case, it is always spelled out, no matter what number it is.

EDIT: Personally though, I'd rather use the ordinal number, (i.e. . . .in SM City Marilao this coming Fifth of November) in the sentence. This made me remember this poem:

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd (or by God's mercy*)
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holla boys, Holla boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
And what should we do with him? Burn him!

Last edited:

I will take that as compliment. I'm also trying to find a company that offers a job like that.

I remember that poem. It is mentioned in '' V for Vendetta'' right?

I remember that poem. It is mentioned in '' V for Vendetta'' right?
Right.

@padre - nice input., thanks! I'm also using ordinal numbers as part of my training for the 'th' sound., haha! :lol:

@all - keep on posting and sharing your thoughts., i'll just be on vacation for couple of days., i need to do something important for the upcoming all souls day., thank you! :D

** since i mentioned vacation..

it is pronounce as vey-key-shun coming from the root word vey-keyt (vacate)

''..these words are included to common mispronounced words by Filipino coz most of us pronounce it as va-keyt and ve-key-shun..''

Hi to all of you guys dito sa thread

Just want to share my first application experience on Peoplesupport.

@eshmie thanks sa mga information mo malaki tulong mejo iba na din yung exam dun sa process dati nung nagapply ka..

FIRST stage

Initial interview - okie nakapasa ako puro tungkol sa resume yung tanong at paulit ulit. Then they give me a picture " a man in casual attire " then the interviewer asked me to give 10 sentences based on the picture. sakit sa ulo. hehehe i say

1. a successful guy in casual attire smiling at me.
2. a guy who has just taken his picture to be used in this interview.
3. a business man who has ..... so on and so forth i think i did not exactly give ten sentences pero pinaraos naman ako hehehe

SECOND STAGE

computer skill exam - may questionnaire mga 12 items lng ata yun divided in category of

INTERNET
EMAIL
MICROSOFT WORD

example question on internet category:

1. if aegis people support webpage is www.aegispeoplesupport.com how would you get on it using your web browser?

a. ganito
b. ganito
c. ganito?

all is basic I a got perfect score.

3rd STAGE

TYPING EXAM

3 trials the first trial is practice mode and not valid as score.
and you have one minute to type a given paper to you and type it in they're own programmed typing test application which usually beeps after it finishes the time given to you to type.

1 trial - i got 40 WPM not counted bcoz practice mode nga eh hehehe

2nd trial - I got 45 WPM - 5 errors

3rd trial - 59 WPM - 1 error

and I did just pass the typing and examination para naman reality show yun process ng application may nababawas kada WAVE of impact hehehe.

eto na dito na ako nadale...yung script ko which is 40 possible answer on 50 possible question 5 lang ang question na pinraktis ko at naimemorize ng husto para kasi maganda at perfect yung sagot ko

UNKNOWN STAGE - i don't know what is this stage or part ng process parang initial interview pero im sure it is not the final coz the final would be the client and i am pretty sure hindi client at simpleng employee lng nila yung naghandle nung interview... di ba initial interview na yung naunang interview?so i don't know really what is this part..he told me na he will be asking me question about the form we have recently fill out and then he will giving me feedback's on how well i will going to deliver my answer well.

basic lang yung question but i admit na namemental block ako whenever he ask me question. I also admit that I am not good in verbal communication using english pwera na lng if they given me plenty of time to think of it and im am not fast as he is when delivering his though in english

at the end of the interview this is as far as I remeber exactly what he said.

" WEll mr. ________ , although you have successfully managed to answer tha question with confident, I would be honest to you that i couldn't endorsed you to the next assessment ( which is I don't know yet ). It seems that you have problem with your Pronunciation of words and sentence construction, you are having problem at pronouncing the sound of th,p,k,j ( di ko nakabisado lahat basta parang ganyan )..however I see that you have a potential in this career. I see that you have been able to communicate in english and you can understand blah blah blah...It is somehow you are having problem on expressing your though. so we are giving you an opportunity to improve your skill by giving you a training with aspire which is blah blah blah it is totally free however you are still the one who will managed for the other expenses. in ex. transportation. i will just follow up your form to the aspire personnel but i believe that he is not blah blah blah so we will be giving you a call later than this week is that ok for you (sige poh kayo bahala ) you may go home now and always be sure that youre phone is always open so we may be able to contact you.

he adds that after the training who will be invited again to take the assessments.

so that's it they will be giving me a training which is completely free however it is good for 2 weeks.. i think that is not enough time in improving a skill that needs a year to be mastered. ano sa tingin mo mam eshmie is it okei for me to accept it???or just give me idea what would be the training...kung hindi ko padin eto magets eh mag non-voice na nga lang ako may lokal din pala sila na account ata.dapat pala yun na lang hehehehe pero mas challenging kasi pag english eh

Last edited:

nokianet, i think (even though your not soliciting my advice), you should take the training. after all, a training is a training. yes, of course, 2 weeks is not enough but 2 weeks is a long period to learn something. that will be an invaluable experience for you.

@sam wel ..I just made up my mind now AND i would accept that offer maybe it would be a great addition if I would train my self. But i am not still convinced that in just a matter of time it will just be as simple as that. thanks for the advice you and the others are always been a great help..

@sam wel ..I just made up my mind now AND i would accept that offer maybe it would be a great addition if I would train my self. But i am not still convinced that in just a matter of time it will just be as simple as that. thanks for the advice you and the others are always been a great help..

you've got it right! it will not be as simple as that but bet you, two weeks is enough to boost your confidence. remember that the interviewer made the recommendation because she believed that you can improve greatly your english skills in two weeks time.

in a training, you will have to push yourself to your limitation or if possible go more than that. since your ultimate goal is to develop your english skills, then one way to reach that goal is to try to communicate with the other trainees in english - try to speak your mind in that language. well, of course, you'll find yourself struggling with it but you can do it; it's a process. remember to have a positive attitude...you lose the game if you let the negatives get into your nerve even before it starts!

Last edited:

@nokianet

aspire training! go for it! I had that training too but during my time it was for one month., the trainers there are really good., you'll definitely learn a lot from that training., it's more on improving your communication skills., you'll do lots of group activities and mock interviews., to prepare you in the HR assessment again.,

if you pass the training you'll be endorsed to the HR again., but the process will be easier this time., final interview then phone simulations after that job offer., hehe! It's already a sure ball so don't think twice.,

by the way tell me who'll be you're trainer ok., hehe! :D

and don't consider being in a local account men., aim high! To tell you the truth their local account is a financial account.. billing concerns and disputes., coz it's a big ang growing financial institution and the payment is not worth it., so don't dare., it's a total waste of your time and effort in improving yourself.., think about it dude.. :think:

yeah i will consider that thanks..I have decided that i would work for a part time job while having my training.at least i have the resources on supporting my needs there. Then after that I will definitely get the JOB OFFER. ,,,..definitely

Guys, can you please give me some idea regarding mock calls? I have applied in excelasia yesterday and they referred me to Sitel. Luckily, i have passed the initial interview. After that, they sent me to their office in Boni for the final interview. They told me that i will undergo a reversed process. Meaning, the final interview is not yet the last part of the application. (I wonder why it was like that) . My interviewer was the Operations Manager. And she is so HOT. :). I answered all of her questions. And after that, she asked me how can I sell an empty mineral water bottle. I answered it creatively and she laughed so hard. She told me that I am conversant and confident (DAW!!). After that, she asked me to go to their office on tuesday and look for someone. I don't know what the next step will be. I asked my contact person if what I am going to do. She told me that maybe the next step will be mock call, behavioral interview and written exam. But she is not sure though. ( by the way, my contact person is also hot, as in super!). Ang dame ko na nakuwento. Thanks sa tutulong!

Last edited:

@nokianet

good decision., take the training and aim for the job offer.. :salute:

@aijin

good job! it seems that the OM was really impressed to you.. :clap:

and about the mock call??

well, it's a scenario in which you are going to answer a phone call from an acting customer., i don't know how Sitel do it but expect an irate customer and difficult concern., learn how to handle the call., kindly read back coz i posted here a sample call flow before., plus you may want to check some sample calls in the web and listen to it., for you to get an idea on how will it be.. and goodluck! :D

@ nokianet, good luck bro

@ ajin

well.. what can i say? you seem to get rejuvenated when the interviewer is a hot beautiful lady :D:D grinz.... god bless you on your mock call exam :D think of the caller as another hot beautiful lady :)

Last edited:

Guys! I have got the job offer! My training will start next week. Requirements na lang. Pauwi pa nga lang ako e. I just can't wait to tell you the good news. Thanks sa mga nagencourage sa akin. At sa mga aspirant, don't stop dreaming dahil makukuha niyo rin yan :)

Last edited:

@ aijin

congratulations! Welcome to the Call Center world.. :clap:

''galingan mo sa training ah.. coz they can terminate you anytime if you're not productive..''

Back
Top Bottom