Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are wel

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

Ikaw ang babayaran sa training. ;)
ganun?anu pong magandang aplyan sa mga gaya kong first timer?

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

:thanks: for this useful thread. :salute:

Susubukan ko ring mag-apply sa Call Center. :D

tanung lang po gusto ko po sana magkaron ng idea bout sa mga call center kailangan po ba fluent in english po talaga?and tanung ko na rin po kung anung maganda kong gawin para mapractice ko po yung english ko?nakakaintindi po ako ng mga basic phrases pero hirap na po ako pag actual conversation na bakit kaya ganun?bakit pag ako na yung magsasalita nahihirapan na ako kahit naiintindihan ko naman yung kausap ko?parang yung isip ko automatic na tinatranslate pa nya yung mga naririnig ko bago ako makasagot kaya matagal tuloy ako makaresponse,bigyan nyo naman po ako ng idea kasi gusto ko rin po sana itry magwork soon sa call center.anu po kayang magandang practice ang gagawin ko?

~ like what I always say.. you need to practice to improve your English communication skiils.. watching English series, shows or movies will be a great help coz you will be able to get or hear the correct pronunciation of English words.. for your first question,, my answer is yes.. BPO companies are really looking for agents who are fluent in english.. coz the number one policy in this industry is EOP which stands for English Only Policy, where in you are required to speak in english at all times as long as you are in the company premises.. although most of the agents do speak in vernacular or in Filipino in discrete.. but never on the phone coz that is a terminable offense if you were caught.. :no:

.. and with your other concern, coz one of the Filipino traits is really translating the english words on their mind into our own language.. this trait needs to be change.. coz it will take you time to response in english.. imagine the process when you were asked in english then you will have to translate it in Filipino and you will come up with an answer in Filipino at the same time, then you will again translate it in english.. this is the reason why you need to train your mind as well to always think in english.. during the Foundation Training if you will be hired, there will be some activities that will help agents to overcome this trait.. so for now please practice.. if you can talk to your family members and friends in english then do it! i know they might laugh at you but don't mind them coz that will help you to be comfortable in using the language.. :)

help me im confused, im having trouble of knowing what is the proper way to use "a" and "an" i tried searching google to find the right answer but unfortunately i get results that are similar to what i know. is this correct? When the word after "a" and "an" is a vowel you use "an" but if the word is a consonant you use "a" like in "a spider" but, i read post of some people in the call center industry using those differently like "Be (a) Inbound call center agent" see the word after a is a vowel but theyve used "a" so which is correct?

Sorry about my grammar kindly correct me

~ actually, you are correct with what you've found out on your reseach in google.. "A" is being used if the succeeding word begins with a consonant sound and "AN" is used if the following word begins with a vowel sound..

..in call center, we don't have our own rules.. still we stick to the rules on the book regarding on all the topics in english grammar like for tenses, uses of articles, S-V-A agreement, etc.. there's no such thing as like what you mentioned.. by the way where did you read that post?? :unsure:

may bayad po yung training?

~ once you got hired like Dyoyi mentioned, the company will pay for you.. that is considered as your first step before taking calls.. :)

ganun?anu pong magandang aplyan sa mga gaya kong first timer?

~ there's actually a lot of BPO companies nowadays.. either of them, you can try as a walk-in applicant.. :)

:thanks: for this useful thread. :salute:

Susubukan ko ring mag-apply sa Call Center. :D

~ PM sent.. :D

Last edited:

Thanks GOD! Nakapasa na ako sa Teleperformance Ortigas.For training nako sa Sprint Account, marami nagsasabi mahirap daw yun pero paano ko malalaman kung hindi susubukan diba?

Wag po kayo mawalang ng pag-asa.
Im a HighSchool graduate with no experience at all pero pinagtyagaan ko.
3 times kong ni re-take yung pesteng VERSANT Exam..
Ang sarap ng feeling pag pumipirma ka na ng kontrata,lahat ng kasabay ko sa JO puro my CC Experience na.

GOODLUCK SA LAHAT!!

Thanks GOD! Nakapasa na ako sa Teleperformance Ortigas.For training nako sa Sprint Account, marami nagsasabi mahirap daw yun pero paano ko malalaman kung hindi susubukan diba?

Ang sarap ng feeling pag pumipirma ka na ng kontrata,lahat ng kasabay ko sa JO puro my CC Experience na.

GOODLUCK SA LAHAT!!

Mam I salute you.What are the secrets of being call agent?Please share ur ideas?thnx so much

Last edited:

i read this thread from the very start.... I found this very useful.... And with this help, i got my job in my first bpo company... Thank u ms esmhie, padre pio and everyone else who gave lots of advice for newbie like me......

Hi relene..... Tambay ka rin pala dito sa sb.....

GOODLUCK SA LAHAT!!

Lunok lang ang pahinga dito. :lmao: Goodluck! :)

GOODLUCK SA LAHAT!!

nice job mam, im also planning to apply at a bpo company...

i have no CC experience also, but i think all you need is the desire, determination, self confidence and openmindness to be able to pass the screening process...

im practicing my englsh communication skills already.

i have tried to apply at teleperformance a couple of times before, i think 4 times already to be precise.

that was 3 years ago.

wish me all the best guys!

and BTW, many thanks for you t.s for making this awesome and very helpful thread! :thumbsup:

ATE @xxaysxx - haha yep,matagal tagal na rin ako tambay dito Te Ana.. =)

Aware naman ako na toxic tong account na to,pero we never know.Wala namang madaling trabaho eh..We just need to keep in mind that we are paid for what we work for. ^_^

@Remsimeon
- Actually I doubt myself at first.Pero the only thing you need is to believe in yourself,that you can do it..First you need to answer the questions confidently,you don't really need to be grammatically perfect..Answering that way will prove the interviewer that you know everything you're saying.

EYE TO EYE contact with the interviewer.This really helps,because of looking in his/her eyes I swear,the tension lessens. - haha,kasi ang gwapo ng interviewer ko eh kaya naman napa eye-eye contact talaga ko!!!

Remember we can't be perfect in any ways,ACCENT?
haha ewan ko ba parang lumalabas nga sa ilong accent ko,kakapanuod ko ng movies parang kusa nalang nagbago accent ko. TIP: Watch foreign movies, laking tulong to guys!!
Not just you're going to know how they pronounce every word,you'll also learn how to understand them.. Pikit nyo mata nyo para di kayo magfocus sa nangyayari,dun kayo magfofocus sa sinasabi nila. ^__^

DRESS CODE: Okay lang naman siguro magcasual,pero I suggest na much better kung mag-effort,ika nga "DRESS TO SUCCESS". Di lang toh pangporma guys, kung magbibihis ka,di ka lang magmumukang maayos at kagalang-galang.Makikita pa ng interviewer na prepared ka.And gusto nila yun.

Yun lang muna,wala pa kasi kong tulog! nyahahahah...

- Tanong lang kayo,I'll do my best to help you guys. ^__^

~ like what I always say.. you need to practice to improve your English communication skiils.. watching English series, shows or movies will be a great help coz you will be able to get or hear the correct pronunciation of English words.. for your first question,, my answer is yes.. BPO companies are really looking for agents who are fluent in english.. coz the number one policy in this industry is EOP which stands for English Only Policy, where in you are required to speak in english at all times as long as you are in the company premises.. although most of the agents do speak in vernacular or in Filipino in discrete.. but never on the phone coz that is a terminable offense if you were caught.. :no:

.. and with your other concern, coz one of the Filipino traits is really translating the english words on their mind into our own language.. this trait needs to be changed.. coz it will take you time to respond in english.. imagine the process when you were asked in english then you will have to translate it in Filipino and you will come up with an answer in Filipino at the same time, then you will again translate it in english.. this is the reason why you need to train your mind as well to always think in english.. during the Foundation Training if you will be hired, there will be some activities that will help agents to overcome this trait.. so for now please practice.. if you can talk to your family members and friends in english then do it! i know they might laugh at you but don't mind them coz that will help you to be comfortable in using the language.. :)

~ actually, you are correct with what you've found out on your reseach in google.. "A" is being used if the succeeding word begins with a consonant sound and "AN" is used if the following word begins with a vowel sound..

..in call center, we don't have our own rules.. still we stick to the rules on the book regarding on all the topics in english grammar like for tenses, uses of articles, S-V-A agreement, etc.. there's no such thing as like what you mentioned.. by the way where did you read that post?? :unsure:

~ once you got hired like Dyoyi mentioned, the company will pay for you.. that is considered as your first step before taking calls.. :)

~ there's actually a lot of BPO companies nowadays.. either of them, you can try as a walk-in applicant.. :)

~ PM sent.. :D

"I think the proper syntax would be, We don't have our own rules, we still stick to the rules on/by the book."

Because when you use, still as a conjunction it also means "yet", or "but".
Well that's just my opinion. :)

i think im gonna love this thread

GOODLUCK SA LAHAT!!

I salute you sis! Good luck!

With regard to Sprint Account, hindi naman po sa mahirap pero masakit po sa ulo ang account na yan so expect the unexpected in that account. Good luck uli!

this will help me alot , Thanks! I got a text message from p34 inviting me over for an interview tomorrow. Thanks for these tips!
While i was reading this, somehow i feel prepared and quite confident. Ü
Although, im just an undergrad(i only finished 2 years in bsit) i guess itll be hard for me. Ü i mean the interview. Haha. Wish me luck! XD

at last, im done reading the whole thread! :yipee:
this thread really taught me a lot regarding the Q&A's of the screening process...

just wanna ask something, is it okay to tell them that im still employed and that i am willing to resign on my current company if i would be given the chance to be hired on their company?

kindly check my grammar for errors. :p

thanks a lot!

tnx for this thread its like a stepping stone to all aspiring call center agent...

hmm just wanna know is a (TOR) Transcript of record required when applying? cause im a undergrad and only finished 2yrs of my course but i still dont have my TOR is needed as a proof? Tnx...

oh pls correct my grammar if i made a mistake somewhere over the rainbow.., :)

tnx for this thread its like a stepping stone to all aspiring call center agent...

hmm just wanna know is a (TOR) Transcript of record required when applying? cause im a undergrad and only finished 2yrs of my course but i still dont have my TOR is needed as a proof? Tnx...

oh pls correct my grammar if i made a mistake somewhere over the rainbow.., :)

No need TOR or undegrad:yipee:
what is essential is ur English communication.:dance:

Last edited:

just want to ask if there is a link for mediafire of the tutorials?

this is a g0od thread... Thankyou ts for the post...:)

Back
Top Bottom