Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are wel

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

Pa share naman po ng company na bagay applyan ng mga newbee sa cc or may alam ba kayo na local cc lang ^__^

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

It's been a while since I posted in this thread. Now, all I can say is don't be so over confident once you realize that you are already hired. I'm currently employed in CC but I'm still under training and in probationary period. The hiring process is just your ticket to get inside in a certain CC. The caveat is: you have to pass the training period or else, you will be terminated or fired. Harsh right? Yeah, I thought that if you managed to pass the hiring process, it will boost your confidence especially in your comm skills. I agree that it will, but I'll tell you, mamamatay ka sa floor pag di mo na-overcome yun mga bagay na dapat mo i-overcome. Not literally that you will be a dead meat hahahaha!. I said that because the customers will give you stress and angst towards the job itself. IT IS REALLY A STRESSFUL JOB but it depends on how you handle the stress.

To tell you the truth guys, I dunno if I will going to survive on the floor. I'm dreading the day of final assessment. It's like, I'm going to face a trial or something. My colleagues think I can definitely pass the assessment but what I'm dreading is the real deal once I hit the floor. I'm thinking in advance. I don't know if I'm going to quit or not. Newbie pa kasi ako. I don't know if its normal but when I applied in that cc, I really think it very carefully. I was aware of the stress and the feedback that I'm getting from my friends who worked for different CCs. But when I stepped inside and discerned some cc jargon like AHT, Metrics, QA,..etc..., I feel like I wanna go out and scream! I don't know if I could handle all of that. The adventurous part of me likes to try though. She keeps bugging me about the challenges I might face and I know that once I get used to it, I can even do a make-up while taking calls. I'm also pressured knowing that my husband really wants to go home and he is waiting for my confirmation that I am stable in my job and he will go home once I said that. I can't answer yet because I'm a newbie and I dunno if I could be able to handle it confidently.

There. I just wanted to vent out my frustrations because even if I went to sleep and not to mention that during in my sleep, I'm still taking calls and speak in English. My God, eto na ba yung symptoms ng nade-virginized na newbie sa CC?

Ganyan din ako noong una ako nagtrabaho sa CC nag sasalita at nagtatake ng calls habang tulog. Pagdating sa bahay bagsak sa sofa at tulog pero mga 1 or 2 months masasanay ka rin.

Sa ngaun after 5 years working sa industry pahinga na muna eto next year balik na ulit at magiipon para sa busines. Post naman ng magagandang company ngaun dormant for 6 months eh.

I also worked as TSR at SPI GLoBaL and aegis I got fired in aegis because of my absences but the salary is good 18k overall ,in spi I think is not that hard to get hired I find the troubleshooting exam easy for tsr pos..for local account at spi global espania manila tsr is 12k additional 1k when you promoted to regular employee

Right now I'm looking for a job preferably TSR pos . Can any one suggest good company with high salary..? I already considered local account tsr pos ..is there anyone outhere can tell me where to apply?

sa wakas sticky!

Right now I'm looking for a job preferably TSR pos . Can any one suggest good company with high salary..? I already considered local account tsr pos ..is there anyone outhere can tell me where to apply?

try sitel mandaluyong.tsr for hp products.package is 21k.

thanks to this thread it really helps my confidence to build up a bit, this is my first time to post here. and also thank you TS for that link about the american accent training it really is a jaw aching experience. for now i am training at mtc davao for the cc career opportunity. by the way do you have any idea on making your extensive cv's? i put my picture in it the name, address, cp #, email add, education, skills, training, and references. because the small cc company wanted it so badly. and she commented to our resume that:

"are you applying as a salesman in a fishball cart?"

Good Evening mam/sir, i'm an engineering graduate mam looking for call center with which i can apply my course, can you tell me what company has a high salary and at the same time in graveyard shift?

thanks mam/sir

Everytime I applied i was failed b
eacuse of my communication and pronunciation. How can I improve this..

Everytime I applied i was failed b
eacuse of my communication and pronunciation. How can I improve this..

@li2carpio
Alam mo yung sa King Speech? Gawin mo yun or magbasa ka sa harap ng salaim ng malakas pwede mo rin irecord para malaman mo kung saan ka nagkakamali kadalasan ang napapansin nila ay pronunciation mo ng letter "T" , "F", "P" at "X".

Hello, Good day! Share lang din ako. :D
eto yung lagi kong pinapanood, pinapakinggan at ginagaya nung trainee pa ako.
https://www.youtube.com/user/EnglishMeeting/videos?view=0
tas eto kasi hirap ako sa TH dati,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag4qoNzEH4w
mejo may improvement naman..siguro dahil narin sa madalas kna nakikipagusap sa mga customers, yung totoo nakakakaba talaga ang mga Jobs interview, pero part na siguro yun, at syempre kung sa call center ka magaapply kaylangan siguro mejo praktis magenglish,
eto yung mga ginagawa ko dati:
-nuod ng english movie, tas gagayahin ko yun ng hndi nagsasalita
-pag nasa CR nako yun dun ko bibigkasin yung mga lines :P
-dati puro english pinapakinggan kong kanta 1 month siguro.
-basa basa ng english articles sagot sa mga threads using english Lang.
-at syempre praktis praktis. :)
(tips: get enough sleep before ka magpainterview at magdasal po. :) )
sana makatulong at good luck po and Godbless!

~ thank you for the link.. i'll include it on the first page.. :)

~ being a call center agent is really a stressful job.. especially if you are in a voiced account.. this is my first response every time someone asked my opinion of working in a BPO company.. working at night, even on weekends and holidays, rendering OT, mandatory OT and OT TY,, aside from that, you need to pass your score cards every month,, need to sign a lot of sign off sheets regarding new updates and changes on the process.. you will encounter different types of personalities, good and bad.. all of this are part of working in this industry, so for those aspirants please be prepared and think about your decision in working in this industry.. coz regret is always at the end.. i am not threatening you guys.. i am just giving out my opinion and sharing what i've experience for more than 3 years that i've been working as a call center agent,, honestly, i've been with 4 companies already.. but somehow i also enjoy this job coz i was able to learn a lot.. starting with my typing speed.. i started for having 27wpm and now my speed is more than 50wpm.. well, it's helps my AHT for not doing ACW coz i can put notes in the account while talking to the customer.. that is what you call multitasking skills.. switching from local language to english language is as easy as ABC to me.. before i struggled a lot for understanding the different accents of Americans.. i remember taking notes of the keywords once call came in to my avaya phone.. customer will say.. "blah blah blah blah payment.." then i will say to myself : uy! payment daw! then that's the time i will respond to the customer.. but now even if i am so sleepy and not in the mood, i'm still able to comprehend with the customers.. even when i'm watching english series, at the same time i'm doing something else like reading manga.. this is just some of the things that i learned on this job..

..and it hurts me hearing people saying that being a call center agent is a no brainer job.. they only think that this is job is a matter of being good in english.. which is not true.. i know a lot of agents that are not good at it, even i myself still have lots of lapses.. if they only knew how the real life in BPO is, they will take back that statement..

..and of course being an agent is you're stepping stone to aim for a higher position.. like for being a TL or supervisor, QA, trainer.. and even a manager.. there's a lot of opportunities waiting for you in this industry.. all you need to do is to work hard to be recognized,,

..days are passing by so fast.. to think that 2013 is just few days away... this is actually the time that the attrition rate in BPO companies are higher than usual.. coz most of the agents only waited to received their 13th month pay, tax refund, bonus, leave conversion,.. after that most of them will file a resignation and will look for another company.. that's actually the life of being a call center hopper.. so they will hire more agents this time..

..so for those who are looking for a good BPO companies, there's actually a lot.. but don't expect that they are perfect coz all companies have downsides.. you will only learn about it once you become part of the company.. learning to speak in english will be easy for you if you practice a lot.. watch a lot of english shows.. read and speak in english even if you're talking to your pet..

..goodluck to everyone and thank you to all of you who support this thread.. without you this will not be put on the sticky thread.. :thanks:

Enjoy the holidays!! :xmas: :newyear:

Last edited:

i applied in sutherland davao sad to say i didnt get the job, the question is so hard that i stutter a lot. the interviewer ask the direction from sutherland to our house,cause im not familiar with the place and where to ride first!but theres alot of call center here in davao. im planning to apply in concentrix davao this dec. 26!

i applied in sutherland davao sad to say i didnt get the job, the question is so hard that i stutter a lot. the interviewer ask the direction from sutherland to our house,cause im not familiar with the place and where to ride first!but theres alot of call center here in davao. im planning to apply in concentrix davao this dec. 26!

pre, kaya k tinanong kung pano k nakarating fr A to B, kase gusto nila malaman kung alam mo i-explain, to its simplest way, s isang kostumer ang tanong nila, in this case direction ang issue...jn papasok ung alam mo abt preposition (to, from, in, out, on at...etc) pati direction (north, east, south, east ) the simpler explanation, the better, for example, pano k punta fr davao to manila?
sagot:
...take a manila bound plane..

ayun, presto, klarong klaro, d n kailangan sabihn n sakay k jip punta erport,bili tiket, sakay eroplano, baba ng eroplano...

paki korek ts f my kulang...
sna nakatulong ako dude, gudluck!

nice swan!

~ thank you for the link.. i'll include it on the first page.. :)

~ being a call center agent is really a stressful job.. especially if you are in a voiced account.. this is my first response every time someone asked my opinion of working in a BPO company.. working at night, even on weekends and holidays, rendering OT, mandatory OT and OT TY,, aside from that, you need to pass your score cards every month,, need to sign a lot of sign off sheets regarding new updates and changes on the process.. you will encounter different types of personalities, good and bad.. all of this are part of working in this industry, so for those aspirants please be prepared and think about your decision in working in this industry.. coz regret is always at the end.. i am not threatening you guys.. i am just giving out my opinion and sharing what i've experience for more than 3 years that i've been working as a call center agent,, honestly, i've been with 4 companies already.. but somehow i also enjoy this job coz i was able to learn a lot.. starting with my typing speed.. i started for having 27wpm and now my speed is more than 50wpm.. well, it's helps my AHT for not doing ACW coz i can put notes in the account while talking to the customer.. that is what you call multitasking skills.. switching from local language to english language is as easy as ABC to me.. before i struggled a lot for understanding the different accents of Americans.. i remember taking notes of the keywords once call came in to my avaya phone.. customer will say.. "blah blah blah blah payment.." then i will say to myself : uy! payment daw! then that's the time i will respond to the customer.. but now even if i am so sleepy and not in the mood, i'm still able to comprehend with the customers.. even when i'm watching english series, at the same time i'm doing something else like reading manga.. this is just some of the things that i learned on this job..

..and it hurts me hearing people saying that being a call center agent is a no brainer job.. they only think that this is job is a matter of being good in english.. which is not true.. i know a lot of agents that are not good at it, even i myself still have lots of lapses.. if they only knew how the real life in BPO is, they will take back that statement..

..and of course being an agent is you're stepping stone to aim for a higher position.. like for being a TL or supervisor, QA, trainer.. and even a manager.. there's a lot of opportunities waiting for you in this industry.. all you need to do is to work hard to be recognized,,

..days are passing by so fast.. to think that 2013 is just few days away... this is actually the time that the attrition rate in BPO companies are higher than usual.. coz most of the agents only waited to received their 13th month pay, tax refund, bonus, leave conversion,.. after that most of them will file a resignation and will look for another company.. that's actually the life of being a call center hopper.. so they will hire more agents this time..

..so for those who are looking for a good BPO companies, there's actually a lot.. but don't expect that they are perfect coz all companies have downsides.. you will only learn about it once you become part of the company.. learning to speak in english will be easy for you if you practice a lot.. watch a lot of english shows.. read and speak in english even if you're talking to your pet..

..goodluck to everyone and thank you to all of you who support this thread.. without you this will not be put on the sticky thread.. :thanks:

Enjoy the holidays!! :xmas: :newyear:

Like ko sana ito kung meron. Marami din nagsasabi pag call center ka maraming pera haha kung alam lang nila. Hays. Yup no company is perfect basta marunung ka makisama at your doing your job well at andun ang motivation mo palagi.

The notion that being a CC agent is a no-brainer job is not true. Whoever tells you that, please tell to that person that he is an idiot.

Dito lang ako sa work na to umiyak dahil sa stress at frustration. Minsan iniisip ko ng umalis dahil I wanted to escape from that devil's lair but when I look back and see some people struggling just to get here, dun ko na naiisip na I'm lucky pa rin kahit paano. But one thing for sure, I will not going to stay here forever. I admire those peeps who managed to endure all of the things they have encountered in the floor. Maybe, they have their own reasons that's why they just wanted to stay. To tell you the truth, and I'm telling it with all my heart, this job will gonna test your patience and endurance. This work will require so much patience and dedication. I will not going to recommend this job to some people who have a weak personality and no dedication to make their work possible. Hell, I can't even recommend this job to myself if I knew what are the things I will encounter in the floor. I wanted to scream and get out to that place. Lets say I just got curious because I wanna beat the challenge that's bugging me inside. I wanna test my comms skills and confidence if I will pass in one of the CC's. Hell, here I am. I beat the pass-fail guidelines and I even talked to some dragon like customers on the phone. I've experienced some attitudes of some co-workers and that is one of the things I consider if I will continue to work in this environment. It's one of my qualifications or requirement if I will stay or not. Indeed, there is no easy job. To all of the people who thinks that this job is a no-brainer, then I recommend that try to enter in this kind of environment and then post your experience here.

thanks to this TS! this really helped me a lot in finding a decent job. :yipee: i just had my job offer last week! :dance: thanks to all the tips! those links are really helpful!:thumbsup: :salute:

you're most welcome Diyanakris.. good job for getting a job offer! :)

@ Khliogirl - i have the same feeling to not stay in this industry for so long.. i just don't want to quit without having anything.. i'm still saving some money before i leave BPO.. kapagod kaya.. working here is really challenging.. super stressful.. which is not so healthy for mind and body.. plus the luxury of most of the agents.. drinking and smoking.. buying new gadgets and other stuff.. going to starbucks everyday.. malaki nga ang sahod kaso napupunta naman sa wala.. :sigh:

..despite of that, i still like working in this industry., coz it serves as an opportunity to meet a lot of people.. who shares same burden as yours.. haha! natatawa na lang din ako minsan pag nag-uusap kami ng mga office mates ko tungkol sa mga reklamo namin sa company, work, family and personal issues.. :)

..it's a matter of finding ways to enjoy working in this industry.. para hindi rin masyadong ma-stress sa work.. kaya kailangan talaga prepared ka sa lahat.. physically, mentally at emotionally.. para lahat ok! :D

Nah, I don't want to spend some hard-earned money for just a coffee. Anyway, coffee isn't good for me haha! I always get stomach cramps everytime I drink coffee. Me too, I have a goal that's why I chose to enter in this kind of work. Though it's really stressful, the salary and the premiums are your motivations to stay. I can save naman kasi I don't have any vices to sustain. Pinakabisyo ko na yun pumunta at bumili ng keme-keme sa The Body Shop lols^^

Back
Top Bottom