Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are wel

Re: How to get a job in Call Center?

Thanks for the encouraging words brother. I will do the things you advised me. Right now, I've downloaded some english materials with videos to atleast improve my pronunciations and knowledge in english grammars/tenses. Thanks again bro.

share ko lang yung kwento ng aking trainor once.

She applied as agent then got rejected because same as you nahihirapan sa "R". So the next time she applied again before the interview starts, sinabi na niya agad na may problem siya sa "r" and she was hired. Feeling ko naman you have no issues with grammar or etc, nagkakatalo lang sa R? Anyway balitaan mo kami sa next interview :)

hehe nakisagot daw ako, sorry TS!

Last edited:

lahat ba ng prescreening sa phone nakakapasa? and sa online exam sa startek ano ano kaya and ano pa next step after yun? help

share ko lang yung kwento ng aking trainor once.

She applied as agent then got rejected because same as you nahihirapan sa "R". So the next time she applied again before the interview starts, sinabi na niya agad na may problem siya sa "r" and she was hired. Feeling ko naman you have no issues with grammar or etc, nagkakatalo lang sa R? Anyway balitaan mo kami sa next interview :)

hehe nakisagot daw ako, sorry TS!

Yes, pero I think slight lng when it comes to words that has letter R, especially words like "Error". Thank you sa story, it somehow boost my confidence a bit.

i'm back! haaayyy.. sorry guys kasi naging super busy na ako sa work.. but let me give thanks to those who answered the queries in this thread.. and also to those who keeps on posting here.. kudos to all of you! :thanks:

share lang din ako ng isang FACT about this industry..

..since it is the season of holidays, big issue ang pagpa-file ng VL para sa mga dates na December 24, 25, 31 & January 1.. personally, sakin ok lang pumasok pag Christmas however pag New Year gusto ko nasa bahay ako celebrating with my family.. bawat company may kanya-kanyang strategy to manage their operations.. OTs are open to some accounts like travel, telco, etc.. and this year since part ako ng support team, I need to render OT everyday.. RDOT as well and also to report for Christmas shift.. this time of the year, marami ring reklamo at demands ang mga agents.. the fact na they will not be able to enjoy the holidays with their loved ones is really a sad thing.. but then again.. if you will think back during the hiring process, you were asked if you are willing to work during Holidays, right? so walang lusot.. and actually, isa lang ito sa mga sacrifices na kailangan gawin ng mga employees working in a Call Center company.. pero masaya pa rin kahit papaano kasi malaki ang income.. may 13th month pay.. others have 14th month pay.. tax refund.. VL conversion.. special monetary bonuses.. christmas baskets & parties.. free food.. etc.. and that's it! :clap:

Happy Holidays guys! :xmas: :newyear:

Re: want to work in a BPO company???

hilp mi i wanto work in col center.

hey guys, I need your help.

I was scheduled for job offer 1st week of January.

There's something that bothers me.
The recruiter who was assigned to facilitate the job offer has something for me to do before signing the contract.
it was something like ''short versant''.
what's the difference between the short versant and the long one? I haven't seen the form. I just caught a glimpse of it.
actually, I've seen only the header.

can someone please tell me what to expect? will the result of that short versant affect whether I get to sign the contract or not? is it possible for someone to fail the application just because of that?

please enlighten me.
this is my first time to be able to come this far.
thanks a lot..

if things go smoothly, I'll be a tsr this January.. :)

hi lean, congrats in advance. its a global english exam, and i know you can make it. just incase the result didn't meet the required percentage, then reprofile to other account will be the next option.
aja!!

Hi sir caspering, it's been quite a while :)
Thanks for the enlightenment and support.
If it's not as bloody as the long versant
then that may be fine for me..:D

I think I'm gonna have to tame and calm my nerves first.
I still can remember feeling as if I can hear my heartbeat
louder than the phone. Hehe.. :)
It's just a little annoying not being able to adjust the volume of the phone....

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions &

? you took the versant already

@Caspering - sorry to have you confused. :)

I haven't taken the short versant yet..I'll have to take that before the contract signing.

what I've been recounting was my previous experience having taken the versant(long versant) twice..last November at TP, which I failed (thanks to Takeshi for making me have nightmares twice), and this December with Stream (which I passed before being endorsed for final interview and operations interview).

having failed taking it the first time,
I wasn't sure of it if I'll be able to pass the versant the second time around. nevertheless, I've given my best shot. I really wasn't expecting anything at all after that,since I myself knew I've missed two or three items in some parts of the versant test.

lesson learned : just relax, stay focused, smile and don't forget to breathe while taking the test. ;)

absolutely :D
smile if you can while answering the question.
all i can say is, not an easy test. but taking away
your worries will help.
kabog kabog kabog.... will pull you down...
ji ji

Hi Guys! Happy Holidays! Whew, I have been backreading this thread for a couple of days now but I cant wait to post and share my experiences in this BPO industry!!

I wanna summarize this and make it as short as it could possibly be, we're on avail especially our LOB, which is Escalations (for sup calls!), and luckily I have access to symbianize! Reason why I'm able to post while on the job, hehehe.. Anyway, I have been here for almost 3 years now, started as a Tier 1 Tech Support Agent for a "highly technical" account, eventually doing everything the client wants us to do, even billing, upsell, etc, then promoted to this LOB after a year but unfortunately, moving up has been scarce lately, and my career has been stagnant, dont get me wrong, I love my job and what I'm doing because it teaches me new stuff everyday, comm skills, tech skills and all BUT I am not getting any younger, I am longing for a higher compensation!

I miss the days when I was working in Singapore as a Sales Executive where my BASIC salary alone was $1,800 SGD or equivalent to Php 68,000 PLUS commission on every sale that I could make! I used to believe that we can get that high of a salary here in our own country but when it comes down to what I have experienced, it's hard to move up if there's "politics" going on. Management not really looking into how GOOD you are, if you're impressing them with your numbers scorecard wise, but you also have to be close to them, as in, you have to join their eat outs, their gatherings, stay in the office and impress them more.. damn, I cant live with that!

That is why, I tried to apply on 3 different companies. VXI, Sitel and Sykes respectively. VXI offerred me 18k basic during training and 20k once in production but NO ALLOWANCES and incentives are NOT indicated in the contract! Sitel offerred 20k package for HP and 21k for Comcast billing and finally Sykes offerred 15k basic + some allowances and a HUGE commission. I turned them all down, hehehe, oh and yeah, I managed to pass all interviews and exams, contract was right in front of me, it's just that I didnt sign any.. hehehe

NOW, I am really looking for a company like perhaps BOA, Citibank or JP Morgan or any account/company for as long as they can offer me a competetive compensation package then I'm in! I love this company and I have been loyal, but they just cant give me what I need anymore..

Hi guys...

@caspering - oh. I thought you're still working as of now.. Why did you quit po? Have you grown tired of it?

@ xihnxd32 - don't waste your time on those recruitment firms. Most of them are just waste of time,effort & money. They'll just make you undergo some sort of 'similar' recruitment process, such as interview, reading exercise, will even make you listen to a 'sample' listening exam,then give you some sort of 'leakage' for the actual exam before giving you an endorsement letter or referral slip (whatever you want to call it) which you will submit to the hr personnel with your application form/resume. That piece of paper won't help you get anywhere. You'd still undergo the whole length of the recruitment process. No advantage at all. I've experienced it firsthand when I was a fresh grad (old story). However, if you're really into it, try excelAsia. I've read some good reviews about them. They provide free training with allowances(I'm not sure if they still do give allowances) if they see you have a potential (based on what I've read before). You may try to check them yourself.

Sir caspering is right. Don't be too anxious. Don't let your nerves overcome you. Just relax. Smile. Be confident and be yourself. It may help if you'll write a script for your answers. Don't memorize them if you'll create one. Just use it as a guide to organize your thoughts. If you'll memorize it,the interviewer will know right away if your answer sounds 'canned'. It would be better if you'll sound impromptu, meaning it's spontaneous enough for the interviewer to think that you respond to his/her questions at the moment out of your reflex. They take note how fast your thinking reflexes are.

@jofzjofz - hi. It really sucks when you've been idle for a while. You'll feel that you've become somewhat like rusty and your gears are out of function, and you feel like you need some sort of "reconditioning" before you decide to try it out again. I've been feeling that same way before, since I've become idle for three years & six months, :'( and again, recently for another six months.. :'( Try reading books to exercise your thinking reflexes. That's what I've been doing recently. It may help you to freshen up your mind.

@ jflaire21 - thanks for the comment. Just like what the others usually say, it's all just a matter of getting used to it, being accustomed to it. It takes a lot of practice, really. Thanks for your comment, if you find me 'malupit' when it comes to using English. My English is somewhat polished, because I used to be a writer before, back when I was younger,when I was still studying. I used to compete in writing competitions before so I've got only a little problem when it comes to written English. What I've been working on now is my spoken English. I don't have anyone to talk to using straight English as medium, so I only have myself, a voice recorder app, and a mirror to make do. :D

hi been reading this thread and its kinda comforting for someone like me who's been idle for almost two years na hindi pala ako nag-iisa sa nararamdaman ko na insecurities sa muling pag-aaplay sa mundo ng call center...and its also good to know na may mga ganitong thread coz its help not just for me but also to others who's aspiring to be a call center agent...

up
basa basa lang po.

Last edited:

close ko na ung thread ko at mahirap pala mag maintain ng thread. hehe.
dito na lng ako reply.
@angelbroken--confidence lang po ulit. mareject man eh sige lang ng sige. rejection is part of life. hehe.

panu po if walang experience. I'm looking for a job in libis because It's near my place. may I know what is the company???

CVG MDC sa Libis. Or NCO sa me ABS CBN

You might be guys interested in applying with sykes. Currently we are in need of 4 TSR agent for Sony Laptop Account.
Here are the details just visit my thead. http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=649375&page=132

We are still open for hiring today January 8-10 2014. ( 4 Slots Remaining )

Sony Account is Open for Technical Support Professional

Madali lang ang process Final Interview agad sa Manager then if you pass Job Offer na. Wala ng Initial Interview Diretso ka agad sa Final Interview.

Requirements must know some basic troubleshooting for Laptops Hardware and Software. Must have Good English Comm Skills.

Call Center Experience is a plus sure hire ka nito agad sa Manager Interview.

Just send me your resume for interested applicants. Ill Schedule you for the Sony Final Interview.

[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom