Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are wel

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are

hi symbianizers.. i want to help those who want to work in a BPO company.. i saw one thread about this issue last monday so i decided to make a thread as a starting point for you guys.. i dont know if there is an existing thread same as this, however i still hope that this could help you a lot.. :giggle:

for those who are questioning the hiring process of BPO companies.. guys, don't be mad at them because they are just doing their job as an HR employees.. it's also difficult on their part encountering applicants who almost cried in front of them asking to be hired.. you know what i mean right? I was also declined by a company before and I was told that I have to improve my GRAMMAR, PRONUNCIATION, ENUNCIATION, LANGUAGE, etc.. and then when I tried again I got the JOB OFFER.. see.. I know it hurts to accept their feedback however don't take it personally instead take it as a challenge and opportunities.. be optimist because you know your abilities and worth.. so don't lose hope.. the JOB OFFER is waiting for your SIGNATURE..

so here are my tips to all of you..

let's go through the step by step process of application.. (pls take note that this is not the actual process of all BPO companies, i just based it on my experience..)

**first is during INTERVIEW.. most of the BPO company has two sets of interview.. first is the initial and the last will be the final interview.. so as you hand your resume to the HR personnel they will ask you some basic questions like: are you a college grad? are you willing to work in graveyard shifts? do you have any call center experience? and so on.. most of these questions are answerable by yes or no, so once you are qualified they will endorse you to the initial interviewer.. during the initial interview, they will ask you some basic questions which are indicated on your resume.. i'll give you the most common topics that will be ask on this stage..

-- personal info
-- educational background
-- work experience
-- your abilities, skills, strength, weaknesses..
-- you're idea about their company and about the work..

be careful in answering their questions because honestly they are not just checking you're background but most importantly is you're English communication skills.. actually they are not looking for an agent who is fluent in English but someone who can communicate in English well.. they will check on you're GRAMMAR, LANGUAGE and PRONUNCIATION.. and this is the worst part of it.. why? because aside from the nervousness that you feel, you are getting confuse because they are writing something on your resume.. admit it guys that this can add up to the nervousness, right? because it seems like everything that you said are wrong and that they are taking note of it.. which is actually correct.. and at the end of the interview, they will tell you the bad news that you can come back after 3 months and you have to improve this and that.. haaaaayyy.. it was so tiring.. imagine after you wait for your turn and wait again for the result they will just reject you! Well, you can't blame them anyways nor curse their company.. (that's bad, huh!)

so for this.. you can try to research about American Accent Training by Ann Cook.. i cant share the website because there's a lot of site for this topic.. it is actually a book to learn the American accent as the title implies.. but I'm not telling you to have an American accent.. it's just to serve as a reference so that you will know how to pronounce the English words correctly.. download the PDF file of the whole book, you can find a site in which you can download it for free.. it has CDs also, so you can download the 5 CD included on it and its actually Ann Cook who is narrating the details of her book.. it's a fun learning guys.. believe me.. you will learn a lot of things about ENGLISH.. believe me! i actually have it on my phone.. hehe!

**so now let's proceed on the examination.. the exams are more likely about English grammar like the tenses, sentence construction, synonyms.. those simple things that i know you can pass.. they will also include some computer related questions especially for those who are applying for TSR.. after you pass it they will allow you to take their typing exam and sometimes listening exams too.. for typing, you just have to hit their minimum requirement which is 25wpm or sometimes it's 30wpm.. for listening you have to use your ears and listen carefully to the audio that they will play.. for this you have to take note of the important details and information like the name of the customer, e-mail add, phone number, account number and then of course the concern of the caller..

**next step is the final interview.. eeeehhhh.. hehe! don't be afraid because the interviewer basically will ask you same thing again.. basic questions.. but they will also ask you some behavioral questions in which they will ask you to state a scenario based on your experience.. and the worst thing is if they will ask you some unrelated questions like how can you describe a color VIOLET to a blind person.. (duh?! what's the connection?! good luck!)

-- for basic questions.. just be spontaneous, confident and honest to your answers.. you can create a script for those questions if you want to but make sure that it will not sound scripted ok! coz the interviewer can detect if it is a can-made answers.. I'll just inform you that the people who are conducting final interview are the managers and sometimes the clients.. hoooohh.. so exert a lot of effort guys coz this might be the last step of your application..

-- for behavioral questions follow the STAR.. S for the situation, so start answering the question by stating the situation.. same with S is the letter T for task, which is another description of the scenario.. then followed by A for action.. this is where you have to explain the things that you did to solve the problem.. and lastly is the R for result which is the result of your actions.. remember guys to create a positive outcome to those scenarios.. you can be creative on this part and gave a scenario that never really happened to you.. hehe! it will work for as long as you'll make it believable and convincing to the part of the interviewer..

-- unrelated questions.. these are just tricky questions that they might ask you.. it's more on getting your idea about it.. probably they are testing your mind on how fast you can answer these and how creative and smart you are in answering these questions.. honestly, there are correct answers to some of these questions.. to find it out.. well just research for it or ask your friends if they know the answers.. I'll give you one example:

Q : How will you convince Ronnie Rickets to buy your pirated CD?

A : Tell him that you will inform him about the hide-outs of the producers of the pirated CDs if he will buy to you.. (hehe!)

**it's a good thing if the last stage is the final interview but for some BPO they still have phone simulation or mocked calls as the last step.. here, they will test your skills in handling calls.. they will give you a scenario and you will act as an agent.. isn't it exciting?!? of course it's not.. because this is the nerve-wracking part of the application.. it's fine if its just an HR employee but to some company it could be the account supervisor, manager or the clients.. geessshhhh.. my advise on this stage.. just relax yourself first if you can.. study the scenario and the tools that you will use.. probe questions to the acting customer.. smile.. speak clearly.. and try to solve the concern of the customer (as much as possible)..

...then last step will be the JOB OFFER.. :clap: at last, after the long wait.. so before getting into the company, prepare yourself first.. make sure you ate breakfast.. try to dress up but not too formal you can actually wear jeans.. anyways it's not a requirement after all but its an additional factor.. just be neat and that's it! speak clearly during the interview.. enunciate and pronounce English words properly.. and be confident! another advise is try to modulate your voice.. try to call a friend and then ask them about the quality of your voice over the phone or you can record your voice and then play it.. play around your voice until you get the right tone of it.. bring some money because the application will take within a day and the worst is it might end until 2am.. so please be prepare.. :hat:

so for now.. check the website below and then practice... practice and practice speaking in English for you to get use to it.. i pray that I was able to help you.. and if you have some questions just feel free to ask.. and my apology for my wrong grammar in some part of this thread.. hehe! I'm not perfect guys.. i just want to use this language since this is the foundation of this job.. so try to response in English at the same time.. thanks for visiting my thread.. and good luck to your job application.. :yipee:

American Accent Training by Anne Cook
CD #1
CD #2
CD #3
CD #4
CD #5

The Call Center Show -- https://www.facebook.com/TheCallCenterShow
-- http://nmfnetwork.tv/category/podcasts/the-call-center-show/

http://www.best-job-interview.com/behavioral-interview.html

dictionary -- http://www.merriam-webster.com/

English grammar -- http://www.englishpage.com/

speed typing test -- http://www.typeonline.co.uk/

video tutorials -- https://www.youtube.com/user/EnglishMeeting/videos?view=0

---
This is a very nice thread.. Im a call center agent for 4years now, and i would love to help and share tips to help you win the job. Just let me know. God bless everyone ;)

wala naman age discrimination sa BPO sir :) okay lang yan as long as good yung conversation nyo ng interviewer and na justify mo naman mga tanong nila. okay na okay yan.

Salamat sir... Balak ko nga sana mag try

salamat sa thread nato tagal ko na ding ndi nakasilip dito..:)

Hiring kami telus cubao.. shoot me msg guys 09489229036 sa aol acct ako ngayon ndi ko masasabi na madali lng maksapasa
kasi nasa sa inyo parin yun.. pwd ko maibigay ay tips sa inyo tulad nyo rin daming beses ko din naq failed.. hhehe hunt lng hunt
;)

salamat sa thread nato tagal ko na ding ndi nakasilip dito..:)

Hiring kami telus cubao.. shoot me msg guys 09489229036 sa aol acct ako ngayon ndi ko masasabi na madali lng maksapasa
kasi nasa sa inyo parin yun.. pwd ko maibigay ay tips sa inyo tulad nyo rin daming beses ko din naq failed.. hhehe hunt lng hunt
;)

UP to, eto first job and first BPO ko Telus. Medyo maliit ang offer sa mga newbie pero good way to start your BPO career. Maganda environment sa Telus hehe.

nagapply ako sa isang call center company kaso di ko kinaya yung stress 2 months lang ako sa company nag AWOL ako
ang problem ko ngayon is yung training bond di kaya mag reflect sakin yun?

maraming salamat dito ts marami akong natu2nan!!!

UP to, eto first job and first BPO ko Telus. Medyo maliit ang offer sa mga newbie pero good way to start your BPO career. Maganda environment sa Telus hehe.

ano acct mo dre? :)

Re: want to work in a BPO company???

Guys ano po pagkakaiba ng basic, good, average and excellent communicatìon? Tama po ba pag kaka arrange ko?

currently applying haizt. laging dali sa interview reason for leaving

thank you very informative :yipee:

currently applying haizt. laging dali sa interview reason for leaving

kapag tinanong ka po na bakit ka nagresign sa previous company mo, sabihin mo nagdownsize yung previous company mo, or nagclose yung account at kunyare ililipat kayo sa ibang site.

- - - Updated - - -

nagapply ako sa isang call center company kaso di ko kinaya yung stress 2 months lang ako sa company nag AWOL ako
ang problem ko ngayon is yung training bond di kaya mag reflect sakin yun?

wala yun. joke lang yun haha!

share ko lang mga ka SB nag apply ako sa 3 BPO company and guest what
lagi ako bagsak sa Final interview yung one step closer na lang para sa J.O nasisilat pa haha tapos kapag na re-profile ako sa ibang account
bigla na akong sisibat kasi dissapointed sa sarili sobrang malas talaga nakaka inis:slap:

baka merong kayong training material para ma improve ang skills in call center industry

Re: want to work in a BPO company???

paano po maging call center pero home based lang? hehe

Don't lose hope. Siguro hindi pa para sayo yung tatlong naunang work na inaplayan mo. Just continue sending your applications. Hindi ka malas, okay? You just need to believe that sooner, you'll finally land a job. Para di kana mainis, iassess mo yung sarili mo and try to find out what is wrong then work on it. Tsaka if ever you are rejected and fail again, learn to forgive yourself and look at the positive side of things. Take every failure and rejection as an opportunity for you to become better.

Hi samanthaB finally i landed a job YEHEYY !

:clap: I am happy for you! Good thing you did not give up. Goodluck on your new job.

Anyway, in what industry have you landed a job? Is it still in the BPO industry?

YES i landed a job in the BPO industry Health care account :thumbsup:

mga tol ano ba yung andun sa may shaw yung mga nakatambay dun puro nag aalok ng CSR/TSR daw totoo ba yung mga andun :noidea:

What a good insights, medy basic lang try nyo lang isearch kay google ung 10 common call center questionns and answer interview, lalabas lahat ng link and then get the thought of it and try to composed it based on your own, remember these types of question will not be asked by accordingly, this is random just make sure to understand the question and stay calm..and another tip is kung phone interview naman once na pagralan mo na tong tip ko na isearch mo ung 10 common questions pede mo isulat at basahin habang tinatanong ka nag nag iinterview over the phone pero magbgay ka ng konting pause para d ovbious,tapos kung mag rerequire sya ng typing speed practice na lang sa typingtest.com

Up......
red-up-arrow-png-0.png

for this Thread.

Ts, Thank you so much for this Thread it’s been a while seen a looked for an answer on how I develop my communication skills.:pray:but after saw this thread of yours, I said to myself that I have a chance to improved my English Speaking and Pronunciations because of this.:beat:
Sorry for my Wrong Grammar..:weep:
God Bless and More Blessings to come.:thumbsup::salute:

Back
Top Bottom