Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

ma'am TS... wrong choice of words lang ako kaya hindi mo ma-gets... anyways, natutuwa lang ako kasi after two years, ngayon ko lang nalaman ang technicalities of charging a lead acid battery without using a charge controller... yun lang gusto kong sabihin.

sir tuffoman

"wlang araw po ibig ko sabihin jan. hindi ba masyado mataas voltage?"... basing on experience especially with small batteries, normal lang umabot ng charging, 14.3V at makulimlim, 13.4V... bago pa siguro ang battery mo kaya OK pa sya mag-hold ng charge.

"celphone ko na malaki ang batt."... pls check na rin kung ilan talaga ang kinakain nya na amperes, baka malaki, kaya pumutok ang fuse ng dc-dc converter.

ma'am TS... sharing to you my greatest reading for the year 2015!!!... from the words of the most experienced electrical engineer of solarpaneltalk.com and i quote;

"You do not really need a charge controller technically to charge a battery"

Read the technical explanation here:
http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?19250-A-little-hiccup-in-my-set-up
Date: January 5, 2015

What a way to start the NEW YEAR 2015!!!

parang gusto ko ng maglagay ng 20A mano-mano transfer switch between panel and scc para makapag charge ng direct panel to battery. kakayanin kaya ng 100AH battery ang 100w solar panel without the charge controller? sa cr
urrent setup ay kaya pa naman I-float charge (13.85) ng pwm ko ang aking battery. mga ilaw lang ang load ko sa umaga. 25 watts lang ang load ko magdamag (15w 12vdc fan 10hrs, 2x 5w led bulb 10 hrs, 9w led tube 4hrs) may separate set up ako pang day time para lang sa 15w 12vdc fan

Attachments

• 20150106_183832.jpg
    20150106_183832.jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20150106_183753.jpg
    20150106_183753.jpg
    707.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
parang gusto ko ng maglagay ng mano-mano transfer switch between panel and scc para makapag charge ng direct panel to battery
sir poseidon... tanong ko lang kung na gets mo yung sinabi ng engineer ng foreign forum?... remind lang kita ng technigue... "as long as you limit the current to a safe level for the battery and terminate when you reach roughly 2.35 to 2.45 volts per cell or 14.1 to 14.75 on a 12 volt battery".... pareho tayo ng balak... yung 30A lang na transfer switch ang available dito sa location ko... ilang amperes ba yang maliit na yan?

- - - Updated - - -

"kakayanin kaya ng 100AH battery ang 100w solar panel without the charge controller?"
... ang safe level ng 100Ah battery ay 10A (C/10)... i think the Imp ng 100W panel ay 5.6A. at about 8.3A ang Isc... therefore SAFE level pa yan.

- - - Updated - - -

sir poseidon... tanong ko lang kung na gets mo yung sinabi ng engineer ng foreign forum?... remind lang kita ng technigue... "as long as you limit the current to a safe level for the battery and terminate when you reach roughly 2.35 to 2.45 volts per cell or 14.1 to 14.75 on a 12 volt battery".... pareho tayo ng balak... yung 30A lang na transfer switch ang available dito sa location ko... ilang amperes ba yang maliit na yan?

- - - Updated - - -

"kakayanin kaya ng 100AH battery ang 100w solar panel without the charge controller?"
... ang safe level ng 100Ah battery ay 10A (C/10)... i think the Imp ng 100W panel ay 5.6A. at about 8.3A ang Isc... therefore SAFE level pa yan.

20A lang po itong sa akin sir at iyon lang din ang available dito d3eco malapit sa area ko.

kopya sir 14.70 ay kailangan na idisconnect or ilipat na sa scc para naka float charge na lang siya. kaya kong imonitor from time to time ang soc ng battery ko kapag sunday. iyon naman ang palagi kong ginagawa mayat maya ang pagtester.
Dapat po ba may separate na wire from MTS papuntang battery?

Last edited:
kopya sir 14.70 ay kailangan na idisconnect or ilipat na sa scc para naka float charge na lang siya. kaya kong imonitor from time to time ang soc ng battery ko kapag sunday. iyon naman ang palagi kong ginagawa mayat maya ang pagtester.
Dapat po ba may separate na wire from MTS papuntang battery?
sa akin ay separate wire... yung isa papuntang controller... yung isa rekta sa battery... ang maganda ay made-detect pa rin ng SCC ang SOC ng battery kaya gumagana pa rin ang battery indicators... PERO kapag naka rekta ay walang control ang SCC sa panel, kaya importante ang monitor para iwas overcharge.

kung ang usual re-charging time mo ay 5 hours, ang bulk-absorb stage ay 70%, therefore 70% of 5 hours = 3.5 hours ang monitor time frame.

yan ang game plan ko... what do you think?

Last edited:
I think magandang gayahin ang game plan mo hihi.

So ang gagawin nyo ay as is lang ang wiring from PV to CC then additional wire with MTS from combiner box to the battery? Tama po ba sir? Gagayahin ko na lang haha

Ilang watts ang panel ang balak mong irekta ng charge sa battery? Ilang Ampere hour po na battery naman?

Last edited:
mam/sir pwedi po paki explain hindi ko gaano magets,ito yung galing sa solar panel talk,thanks po

http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...p-in-my-set-up

So to charge a battery all that can be concluded is it takes a voltage higher than the battery at rest voltage is. You can use 100 volts if you want as long as you limit the current to a safe level for the battery and terminate when you reach roughly 2.35 t 2.45 volts per cell or 14.1 to 14.75 on a 12 volt battery. Thus 12 volt battery panels Vmp voltages are set to 17 to 18 volts vmp. You do not really need a charge controller technically to charge a battery. All you need is a way to terminate the charge when the battery reaches a specified voltage. Early charge controllers were nothing more than a relay with a voltage sensor to disconnect the panel from the battery. I can use say a 300 watt grid tied panel with a VMP of 30 volts and IMP of 10 amps to charge a 12 volt battery directly without a CC. All I gotta do is disconnect it when the battery voltage reaches around 14.5 volts. Why can I do that? Because solar panels are current source and this 300 watt Grid Tied panel cannot deliver more than 10 amps.

"Ilang watts ang panel ang balak mong irekta ng charge sa battery? Ilang Ampere hour po na battery naman?" -sir poseidon
... meron akong separate setup na 100W panel >65Ah old car battery... dito ako magte-testing.

"mam/sir pwedi po paki explain hindi ko gaano magets,ito yung galing sa solar panel talk,thanks po" sir alarcon
... alin dyan ang hindi mo magets?... pls quote na lang, halimbawa " it takes a voltage higher than the battery at rest voltage is"... galing kasi ito sa foreign forum... mahirap na ibahin natin ang mga words.

"Ilang watts ang panel ang balak mong irekta ng charge sa battery? Ilang Ampere hour po na battery naman?" -sir poseidon
... meron akong separate setup na 100W panel >65Ah old car battery... dito ako magte-testing.

"mam/sir pwedi po paki explain hindi ko gaano magets,ito yung galing sa solar panel talk,thanks po" sir alarcon
... alin dyan ang hindi mo magets?... pls quote na lang, halimbawa " it takes a voltage higher than the battery at rest voltage is"... galing kasi ito sa foreign forum... mahirap na ibahin natin ang mga words.

ito po sir tristanWS

You can use 100 volts if you want as long as you limit the current to a safe level for the battery and terminate when you reach roughly 2.35 t 2.45 volts per cell or 14.1 to 14.75 on a 12 volt battery. Thus 12 volt battery panels Vmp voltages are set to 17 to 18 volts vmp.

mam/sir pwedi po paki explain hindi ko gaano magets,ito yung galing sa solar panel talk,thanks po

http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...p-in-my-set-up

So to charge a battery all that can be concluded is it takes a voltage higher than the battery at rest voltage is. You can use 100 volts if you want as long as you limit the current to a safe level for the battery and terminate when you reach roughly 2.35 t 2.45 volts per cell or 14.1 to 14.75 on a 12 volt battery. Thus 12 volt battery panels Vmp voltages are set to 17 to 18 volts vmp. You do not really need a charge controller technically to charge a battery. All you need is a way to terminate the charge when the battery reaches a specified voltage. Early charge controllers were nothing more than a relay with a voltage sensor to disconnect the panel from the battery. I can use say a 300 watt grid tied panel with a VMP of 30 volts and IMP of 10 amps to charge a 12 volt battery directly without a CC. All I gotta do is disconnect it when the battery voltage reaches around 14.5 volts. Why can I do that? Because solar panels are current source and this 300 watt Grid Tied panel cannot deliver more than 10 amps.

It's not very important if you don't understand all the technical aspects... what is important for you to know is that you can charge a battery without a charge controller as long as you monitor the voltage of the battery while charging and stop it when the voltage reach around 14.75 volts!
The good thing when you don't use a charge controller is that your battery is always charged (even when cloudy or with a light rain) and it charges faster, but you need to know also that charging too fast is not good for the battery so, if you don't use a controller you should have an appliance plug while charging (except if the weather is cloudy)
Plus, as I noticed with my own setup without charge controller, your battery is less prone to sulfatation.
On the cons side, when you don't use a controller, you need to monitor manually your battery with a digital multimeter, several times a day.

ito po sir tristanWS "You can use 100 volts if you want as long as you limit the current to a safe level for the battery and terminate when you reach roughly 2.35 t 2.45 volts per cell or 14.1 to 14.75 on a 12 volt battery. Thus 12 volt battery panels Vmp voltages are set to 17 to 18 volts vmp."
ganito ang pagka-intindi ko dyan... pwede raw gumamit ng mas mataas na solar panel voltage, PERO ang amperes na lumalabas sa panel na papasok sa battery ay dapat na nasa SAFE LEVEL... as stated by ma'am TS "charging too fast is not good for the battery'... mas gusto ng battery ang slow charging or ang recommended safe level amperes ng manufacturer ay C/10 (capacity of battery divided by 10)... ngayon kapag alam mo na ang amperes na "safe level for the battery", ito ang gagamitin mo na pang-charge without a charge controller tapos... "monitor the voltage of the battery while charging and stop it when the voltage reach around 14.75".

basing on personal experience ang panel na pang 12V system ay umaabot ng 21V kumg malamig ang panahon.

ganito ang pagka-intindi ko dyan... pwede raw gumamit ng mas mataas na solar panel voltage, PERO ang amperes na lumalabas sa panel na papasok sa battery ay dapat na nasa SAFE LEVEL... as stated by ma'am TS "charging too fast is not good for the battery'... mas gusto ng battery ang slow charging or ang recommended safe level amperes ng manufacturer ay C/10 (capacity of battery divided by 10)... ngayon kapag alam mo na ang amperes na "safe level for the battery", ito ang gagamitin mo na pang-charge without a charge controller tapos... "monitor the voltage of the battery while charging and stop it when the voltage reach around 14.75".

basing on personal experience ang panel na pang 12V system ay umaabot ng 21V kumg malamig ang panahon.

thanks po mam/sir

sir pwedi po pala ang solar panel 24volt system direct charge sa 12volts battery

eh kung sa ac charger,halimbawa ang OUTPUT nito ay 100 volts DC direct charge sa 12VOLTS BATTERY, pwedi kaya?

"sir pwedi po pala ang solar panel 24volt system direct charge sa 12volts battery" - sir alarcon
... ang sagot ay andun din sa copy/paste mo.... copy paste ko ulit...

"I can use say a 300 watt grid tied panel with a VMP of 30 volts and IMP of 10 amps to charge a 12 volt battery directly without a CC. All I gotta do is disconnect it when the battery voltage reaches around 14.5 volts. Why can I do that? Because solar panels are current source and this 300 watt Grid Tied panel cannot deliver more than 10 amps."

"as long as you limit the current to a safe level for the battery".... ito ang pinaka-importanteng kondisyon na dapat masunod.

kaya yung second question mo na....

"eh kung sa ac charger,halimbawa ang OUTPUT nito ay 100 volts DC direct charge sa 12VOLTS BATTERY, pwedi kaya?"

ang sagot ay ganun din...

"as long as you limit the current to a safe level for the battery"... meaning kung ang charging current ng charger ay mali-limit sa SAFE LEVEL for the battery, pwede... pero kung hindi mako-control ang current, hindi pwede... IMO.

Warning and Disclaimer: Charging a battery without a charge controller is NOT RECOMMENDED... you cannot blame us if you overcharged the battery because you forgot to monitor it!

Last edited:
Pass ako sa hindi paggamit ng charge controller. Makakalimutin and nocturnal ako. Sa daytime ang tulog ko :sleep: so no time to monitor battery. Better be on the safe side. Eto na nga pala ang improved Da king fan. With lights and AC-DC selector. Ac muna sa daytime para maka charge si battery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 11
Maam ts hindi po ba bumabagsak ng below 12v ang voltage ng panel mo kapag makulimlim or umuulan?

Pass ako sa hindi paggamit ng charge controller. Makakalimutin and nocturnal ako. Sa daytime ang tulog ko :sleep: so no time to monitor battery. Better be on the safe side. Eto na nga pala ang improved Da king fan. With lights and AC-DC selector. Ac muna sa daytime para maka charge si battery.

nice mod boss :clap:

sir pwedi po ikonek ng direkta sa panel ang cdr king 12v elec. fan ng walang battery,di pa kasi ako nakagamit ng 12v elec fan,thanks po

Maam ts hindi po ba bumabagsak ng below 12v ang voltage ng panel mo kapag makulimlim or umuulan?

For a panel to show less than 12 volts, it should be at night... In day time even without sun it's always more than 12 volts... I notice that my panels also charge the batteries when it's rainy (not heavy rain) but clear (not too many clouds) because the rain makes like a mirror on the panels... Without a controller, any "piece" of voltage is used to charge the battery, with a controller this small voltage is just eaten by the controller!!

sir pwedi po ikonek ng direkta sa panel ang cdr king 12v elec. fan ng walang battery,di pa kasi ako nakagamit ng 12v elec fan,thanks po
In theory, a 12 volt dc motor can be plug directly to a solar panel because it can handle the difference of voltage of the panel... but I am not very sure that the cheap fan from cdr king will last long plugged directly to the panel! Maybe with a dc-dc adaptor in between...

For a panel to show less than 12 volts, it should be at night... In day time even without sun it's always more than 12 volts... I notice that my panels also charge the batteries when it's rainy (not heavy rain) but clear (not too many clouds) because the rain makes like a mirror on the panels... Without a controller, any "piece" of voltage is used to charge the battery, with a controller this small voltage is just eaten by the controller!!

In theory, a 12 volt dc motor can be plug directly to a solar panel because it can handle the difference of voltage of the panel... but I am not very sure that the cheap fan from cdr king will last long plugged directly to the panel! Maybe with a dc-dc adaptor in between...

thanks mam ts

try ko po,bili pa ako

Pwede ba gumamit ng Ni-Mh rechargeable batteries for small electronics solar project or deep cycle lang talaga? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom