Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

Re: You want to make your own home solar? Pasok! Pictures ad

-------------------------------
salamat sir,

ask q lng sir, paggamit ng power, magagamit q lng ung solar til 9:15pm - 10pm ng gabi and the rest time wla nang ggamit, pede q b ioff ang inverter q then nex day q iopen mga 10am pra as 7-10am nkpagcharge p ang battery q,, ok lng b ung ganun everyday q ggwin iOFF ang inverter?

sir db ok lng n nkfull charge ang battery q kc my charge controller nman db tas auto off if full charge n battery q,ndi q p kc mgamit wait q p ung DC breaker q, ngaun daw darating ang un DCbreaker q,isset q p un?
... everyday, kapag hindi ko na ginagamit ang inverter ko ay ini-off ko na... ok lang na full charge ang battery total may controller ka naman... mas madali masira ang battery kapag palaging undercharge.

... everyday, kapag hindi ko na ginagamit ang inverter ko ay ini-off ko na... ok lang na full charge ang battery total may controller ka naman... mas madali masira ang battery kapag palaging undercharge.

-----------------------------------
ndi kc nlalaman sa charge controller if undercharge in below 50%,pero if full charge my indicator light,, if gagamit ako ng tester n gnagamit ma'm TS, ano indicator ang mkikita n makakapgsbi n ito ay below 50% n ang charge?

-------------------------------
salamat sir,

ask q lng sir, paggamit ng power, magagamit q lng ung solar til 9:15pm - 10pm ng gabi and the rest time wla nang ggamit, pede q b ioff ang inverter q then nex day q iopen mga 10am pra as 7-10am nkpagcharge p ang battery q,, ok lng b ung ganun everyday q ggwin iOFF ang inverter?

sir db ok lng n nkfull charge ang battery q kc my charge controller nman db tas auto off if full charge n battery q,ndi q p kc mgamit wait q p ung DC breaker q, ngaun daw darating ang un DCbreaker q,isset q p un?

yup... tama si Tristan... better if it's off if you don't use it! Even mine, which has an automatic standby (it switches on automatically if there is load) I switch it off totally at night because it consume battery for nothing!

@Tristan: Do you know how many amperes you consume per day and how many hours it takes to replenish your bat? I asked because, I was looking this morning if I can find a rule of thumb to know how many amps are charged per watt of panel... and everything I found seem very different from the reality! I found 100 watt panel will charge 15 A per hour of good sun (even some say 10 A lang!) But with my 150 watt panels I recharge every day 80 A in 2-3 hours only! :noidea:

- - - Updated - - -

ndi kc nlalaman sa charge controller if undercharge in below 50%,pero if full charge my indicator light,, if gagamit ako ng tester n gnagamit ma'm TS, ano indicator ang mkikita n makakapgsbi n ito ay below 50% n ang charge?

If you use a tester, the tester will display the exact voltage... if your tester displays 12.2 volts.... it's 50% na!

yup... tama si Tristan... better if it's off if you don't use it! Even mine, which has an automatic standby (it switches on automatically if there is load) I switch it off totally at night because it consume battery for nothing!

@Tristan: Do you know how many amperes you consume per day and how many hours it takes to replenish your bat? I asked because, I was looking this morning if I can find a rule of thumb to know how many amps are charged per watt of panel... and everything I found seem very different from the reality! I found 100 watt panel will charge 15 A per hour of good sun (even some say 10 A lang!) But with my 150 watt panels I recharge every day 80 A in 2-3 hours only! :noidea:

- - - Updated - - -

If you use a tester, the tester will display the exact voltage... if your tester displays 12.2 volts.... it's 50% na!

-----------------------------------------
sir above 50% ng charge battery ilan nmn mkukuha til full charge ng Battery, example 60%,65%,70%,75%........100%.....?

View attachment 151632

sir narecieve q n DC breaker 140A,
help sir, ndi ko kc mailagay ang DC breaker q kc fix ang wire, need q p maglagay ng wire magkabilng terminal ng DC breaker ng 8.5 inches, kc if cut q nmn ang fix weire ng inverter bk ma-avoid ang warranty q?

paano nga pl ang On sir ng breaker yan ns picture b ay ON or nk off?

Attachments

• 2014-01-13-076 (Medium).jpg
    2014-01-13-076 (Medium).jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

oh astig salamt dito ts try q gawin ito s probinsya...

@HappySoul712: "One more question about this Asahi 24V DC fan... Mas mura ba ung power consumption nito if plug sa 220 outlet natin?"

... that is why am asking you the "watts" of the DC fan... IF not specified then we have to get the "Amperes"... why? because Watts = Volts x Amperes... mas maliit ang watts, mas matipid sa kuryente... pero kung napansin mo, mas mahal presyo nya kaysa sa AC fan... dahil mas mahal talaga ang DC motor 'coz it uses 3 to 5 times less electricity kaya mas matipid.

Hi Tristan! I just checked this morning, 24watts yung DC fan.

-----------------------------------------
sir above 50% ng charge battery ilan nmn mkukuha til full charge ng Battery, example 60%,65%,70%,75%........100%.....?

View attachment 869211

sir narecieve q n DC breaker 140A,
help sir, ndi ko kc mailagay ang DC breaker q kc fix ang wire, need q p maglagay ng wire magkabilng terminal ng DC breaker ng 8.5 inches, kc if cut q nmn ang fix weire ng inverter bk ma-avoid ang warranty q?

paano nga pl ang On sir ng breaker yan ns picture b ay ON or nk off?

for the battery, check the chart sa 1rst page...
for the breaker... well I see 3 solutions:

1. open the casing of the inverter and look how the positive wire is fixed inside... if it's screwed, you can replace it with one that you cut to put the breaker... but maybe you will also void the warranty :noidea:
2. you can use the positive of the alligator clamp: Either you slide the clamp to uncover the wire, sometimes the wire is not welded, so if not welded you can pull it and connect to the breaker
3. if you cannot pull the wire (if welded), you just clamp the positive alligator to the breaker (that's the simplest solution, but you will have to make sure that the clamp is properly touching the breaker screw)

The wire from the breaker to the positive of the battery should be as short as possible because I think that your wire with the alligator is already a little bit too long...

oh astig salamt dito ts try q gawin ito s probinsya...
Welcome! Please don't hesitate to ask if you need assistance :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tristan! I just checked this morning, 24watts yung DC fan.
So, it is not 24 volts? or is it 24 watts AND 24 volts?

@ma'am awinahe: "I recharge every day 80 A in 2-3 hours only!".... wow! ang bilis mag-charge ng panel mo... is it because hindi ka gumagamit ng controller?.

yung 80W panel ko kasi ay mabagal mag-charge (almost 9hrs to charge 100Ah solar master battery... bought last Dec 31, 2013 from my savings hehe)... pero gumagamit ako ng PWM controller 20A ... (full charge = green slow blinking indicator)

@ronnel25: "ndi kc nlalaman sa charge controller if undercharge in below 50%..."

malalaman mo kung undercharge pa ang battery kasi yung "3 lights" ng controller ay maybe isa lang ang umiilaw, kung "2 lights" ay 50%.... accurate ang state of charge indicator ng MPPT controller kaya medyo mahal ang presyo... pero mas accurate ang digital multitester... bili ka na lang sa cdr para mura...

note: page 21 ang state of charge chart ni ma'am TS.... dapat may page index na itong thread ni ma'am... masyado na mahaba... blockbuster na!!!

@HappySoul712
wow.. 24watts for a big electric fan... ok yan!

for the battery, check the chart sa 1rst page...
for the breaker... well I see 3 solutions:

1. open the casing of the inverter and look how the positive wire is fixed inside... if it's screwed, you can replace it with one that you cut to put the breaker... but maybe you will also void the warranty :noidea:
2. you can use the positive of the alligator clamp: Either you slide the clamp to uncover the wire, sometimes the wire is not welded, so if not welded you can pull it and connect to the breaker
3. if you cannot pull the wire (if welded), you just clamp the positive alligator to the breaker (that's the simplest solution, but you will have to make sure that the clamp is properly touching the breaker screw)

The wire from the breaker to the positive of the battery should be as short as possible because I think that your wire with the alligator is already a little bit too long...

Welcome! Please don't hesitate to ask if you need assistance :)

- - - Updated - - -

So, it is not 24 volts? or is it 24 watts AND 24 volts?

-------------------------------------

sir ung
1, ndi pede q gawin kc maavoid talaga ang warranty, my warranty sticker sa cover if binukasn q ung coper mpupunit lng ung sticker warranty?
2. pede q gawin kc mern ganito sa positive wire View attachment 151635,,and need parin another wire to connect the 1 terminal to the battery

sir db meron 2 terminal ang breaker, , ung 1 terminal is from inverter then another terminal of breaker is from the battery, therefore the 1 another terminal from the battery is need ng 1 wire to connect db, tama b sir,,

Attachments

• !CEYYJs!CWk~$(KGrHqYOKj4E00bKcdpEBNRtngPiWw~~_35.JPG
    !CEYYJs!CWk~$(KGrHqYOKj4E00bKcdpEBNRtngPiWw~~_35.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 2

@ma'am awinahe: "I recharge every day 80 A in 2-3 hours only!".... wow! ang bilis mag-charge ng panel mo... is it because hindi ka gumagamit ng controller?.

yung 80W panel ko kasi ay mabagal mag-charge (almost 9hrs to charge 100Ah solar master battery... bought last Dec 31, 2013 from my savings hehe)... pero gumagamit ako ng PWM controller 20A ... (full charge = green slow blinking indicator)

@ronnel25: "ndi kc nlalaman sa charge controller if undercharge in below 50%..."

malalaman mo kung undercharge pa ang battery kasi yung "3 lights" ng controller ay maybe isa lang ang umiilaw, kung "2 lights" ay 50%.... accurate ang state of charge indicator ng MPPT controller kaya medyo mahal ang presyo... pero mas accurate ang digital multitester... bili ka na lang sa cdr para mura...

note: page 21 ang state of charge chart ni ma'am TS.... dapat may page index na itong thread ni ma'am... masyado na mahaba... blockbuster na!!!

@HappySoul712

Thanx! Yes, it is fast because I don't have controller.... and I won't have one as long as I can monitor closely my battery bank... ok lang! So according to your charging time it's around 10 A per hour for a 100 watt panel with charger... So next year, you add a new solar bat with your new savings ?:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

sir ung
1, ndi pede q gawin kc maavoid talaga ang warranty, my warranty sticker sa cover if binukasn q ung coper mpupunit lng ung sticker warranty?
2. pede q gawin kc mern ganito sa positive wire View attachment 869221,,and need parin another wire to connect the 1 terminal to the battery

sir db meron 2 terminal ang breaker, , ung 1 terminal is from inverter then another terminal of breaker is from the battery, therefore the 1 another terminal from the battery is need ng 1 wire to connect db, tama b sir,,

1. you should ask the one who sold you the package..
2. yup... tama!

@HappySoul712

sir nkita mo controller q? MPPT b un? kc sabi skin ng supplier PWM, or samw sila ng PWM at MPPT?

sir nkita mo controller q? MPPT b un? kc sabi skin ng supplier PWM, or samw sila ng PWM at MPPT?
Mas maganda at mas mahal ang MPPT controller...

Last edited:

Thanx! Yes, it is fast because I don't have controller.... and I won't have one as long as I can monitor closely my battery bank... ok lang! So according to your charging time it's around 10 A per hour for a 100 watt panel with charger... So next year, you add a new solar bat with your new savings ?:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

1. you should ask the one who sold you the package..
2. yup... tama!

------------------------------------
View attachment 151638

sir ito ung ibigsabhin q,, ung another wire to connect Breaker to battery? yan po ung wire idagdag q lng pra mkpaglagay ako ng DC breaker.

- - - Updated - - -

----------------------
kc sbi skin ng supplier q nan PWM, then sabi ni tristan nkita nya yan sulit.com MPPT,, pero ang price nun controller q is 3k

- - - Updated - - -

----------------------
kc sbi skin ng supplier q nan PWM, then sabi ni tristan nkita nya yan sulit.com MPPT,, pero ang price nun controller q is 3k

- - - Updated - - -

----------------------

Attachments

• draw.JPG
    draw.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 30

------------------------------------
View attachment 869234

sir ito ung ibigsabhin q,, ung another wire to connect Breaker to battery? yan po ung wire idagdag q lng pra mkpaglagay ako ng DC breaker.

- - - Updated - - -

----------------------

- - - Updated - - -

----------------------

- - - Updated - - -

----------------------

yes, tama ang drawing mo :thumbsup: I just repeat: the wire from the breaker to the battery should be short ha!
I think your controller is pwm...

yes, tama ang drawing mo :thumbsup: I just repeat: the wire from the breaker to the battery should be short ha!
I think your controller is pwm...

thank you sir, the wire n iadd q sir is 11 inches from battery to controller?

un din sabi skin si eh PWM ang controller,
my overcharge protection namna sir db. ok namn ang controller?:pray:

@ronnel25:.... di ba nag post ka ng picture ng controller mo?... so hinanap ko sa sulit ang model... eto o
http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/v...harge+Controller+with+Battery+level+indicator
you are wright! they look alike... you have better eyes than me :rofl: Well it seems that Ronnel has a MPPT controller! Good for him, it's a lot better than PWM... less loss!
Edit: On the picture of Sulit.com we can see the brand CMTP02... so I google it and, apparently, it's PWM :noidea:
re Edit: I found also CMTP02 MPPT :rofl: :noidea::noidea:
Both look alike... even the spec are the same! How to know? :noidea:

Last edited:

you are wright! they look alike... you have better eyes than me :rofl: Well it seems that Ronnel has a MPPT controller! Good for him, it's a lot better than PWM... less loss!
Edit: On the picture of Sulit.com we can see the brand CMTP02... so I google it and, apparently, it's PWM :noidea:
re Edit: I found also CMTP02 MPPT :rofl: :noidea::noidea:
Both look alike... even the spec are the same! How to know? :noidea:

sir Tristan CMTPO3 ung nsa sulit,, ung skin sir is CMTPO2,

thank you sir, the wire n iadd q sir is 11 inches from battery to controller?

un din sabi skin si eh PWM ang controller,
my overcharge protection namna sir db. ok namn ang controller?:pray:

The wire from breaker to battery should be shorter... pag sa battery to controller ok lang...
Ok ang controller kahit PWM or MPPT... maliit lang ang setup mo, no problem!

View attachment 151639

sir ung iadd q n wire ung another 11 inches ok lng b sir? or less pa?:pray:

- - - Updated - - -

The wire from breaker to battery should be shorter... pag sa battery to controller ok lang...
Ok ang controller kahit PWM or MPPT... maliit lang ang setup mo, no problem!

hehe my sgot n pl si sir :yipee:,,

add q lng sir ung fix wire sa inverter q is 50 inches

then ung wire from battery to breaker is 6 inches (mod from 11 inches)

Attachments

• draw.JPG
    draw.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom