Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to make your own home solar. With Pictures + solar book

Re: You want to make your own home solar? Pasok!

"Nice! I was curious about this kit sold in cdr king.... tell us if it works" –awinahe

Result of the lighting test: After using the two 12vdc/3W led light bulb (supplied with the kit) continuously for more than 9 hours, the voltmeter reads 12v (within the green zone) or did not reach the low voltage of 10.5vdc… therefore, the solar kit can be effectively use for lighting overnight.

Thanks for the warning on “charging batteries with different Ah”… I was really thinking of doing it… you have read my mind… also for the tip on “orient your solar panel south with an angle of 10 degrees maximum”…. mostly I read from google is “facing the sun”… so am manually re-orienting it… hehe…. Anyway… am really testing the waters of solar technology… I think the cost of building one is slowly going down because the last time I check, the cost of a surplus 10kva diesel generator is more than 100 plus...

Well, about the 2 batteries, I'm not yet telepath :lol: but I remember when I didn't know anything to solar, that's the kind of error I was able to make... if people can benefit from my experience I'm happy :)

So, that's good.... you have light at night now even with brownout hehe... but don't let your battery goes under 12 volts... already 12 v means that it is at its 50% charge which is low for a car battery. To orient properly your panel, you can buy a very cheap compas and the angle is also important, if it's too horizontal, it will get very hot, too stiff it will not get enough sun.

solar is far better than diesel or gasoline generator, no noise, no pollution and very little maintenance :thumbsup:

mga kapatid nag pa estimate pala ako

100 watt solar panel 6.5k
100 amp-hour battery 6.3k
20 amp controller 2.5k
3000 watt inverter 6k

ayus na ba pricing nila?

20 amp controller 2.5k
3000 watt inverter 6k

ayus na ba pricing nila?

ayus na ang pricing nila... if the 3000 watt inverter is pure sine wave, jackpot ka... kasi ang 1000va sa cdr ay less than 5K.

20 amp controller 2.5k
3000 watt inverter 6k

ayus na ba pricing nila?

Yup... Tama si Tristan sa taas... check if the inverter is pure sine wave talaga... pag hindi, take another one! Do you really need a 3000 watt inverter?... don't forget that the inverter and the controller consume also battery!

... don't forget that the inverter and the controller consume also battery!

If ever na malakas mag consume ng battery, pwede ding dagdagan or palitan na lang ng mas malaki yun?

If ever na malakas mag consume ng battery, pwede ding dagdagan or palitan na lang ng mas malaki yun?

Sure, you will need to connect them in parallel. May I ask you what appliances you want to power with solar?

bm TS. nice share. gonna try it soon.

View attachment 144957

Stiftung Solarenergie Philippines solar lamps waiting to be delivered to typhoon-struck areas in the central islands of the Philippines, where electricity has been down since Friday, Nov 8, 2013. (Facebook/Stiftung Solarenergie Philippines)

To light up the devastated areas, several organizations are helping send solar lamps and mobile chargers to the Philippines. Solar Energy Foundation Philippines is mobilizing a joint relief effort with on-the-ground rescue in the areas hit hardest by the typhoon, including Tacloban, Ormoc, Iloilo, Roxas City, and Busuanga. The organization is deploying solar lantern with mobile chargers to partners such as Red Cross and TaosPuso Foundation.

Anybody know wher could I buy this?

Attachments

• 6d0c3d6e-1578-41c0-a4b9-d0917d61d59c_650x366.jpg
    6d0c3d6e-1578-41c0-a4b9-d0917d61d59c_650x366.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 14

First of All New lang ako dito at na inspired akong mag register para maki join at matuto sa usapan, sana walang masyadong mahanging magsalita dito para sa baguhang katulad ko na gustong matuto, Anyway Gusto kong magpasalamat sa TS napakaganda ng thread na ito. Sana matulungan niyo ako at yung mga marunong sa solar dito. Totally wala akong alam dito pero gusto kong matuto kaya binasa ko yung thread ni TS nung hindi pa ako naka register may mga natandaan naman ako at nakalimutan. All i want is magkaroon lang ako ng solar power sa bahay kahit simple lang. May mga tanong ako sa isipan ko bago ako mag umpisa sa project na ito sana matulungan nito ako. Eto muna at pakihabaan ang pasensya sa akin :)

1. Gaano katagal ang life span ng 1 solar deep cycle battery ex: motolite Everyday use let say Led TV, Electric fan at Ilaw.

2. Ano ba yung use nung watts ng Solar Panel dito? More watts mas madaling magkarga sa battery? ganun ba? Paano at ano ang pipiliin kong watts ng solar panel kung meron akong 100ah deep cycle battery? Kasi may nakikita akong 30, 50, 100 watts.

Yan muna mga master. Balak ko sanang umpisahan ang project na ito as soon as tama na at sapat ang kaalaman ko sa tulong niyo. Salamat

Last edited:

good eve sir. kung may budget po ako ng 20k para sa solar. gaano po ba katagal magagamit ang normal na electric fan or kulang pa ang 20k? lets say bibili ako ng gamit sa location mo sir.

pasensya na po. gumamit nalng ako ng ganitong example kasi d ko maintindihan ang mga electrical at mathematical part. ahah

TS..very informative thread nyo ah! BM ko 2 then mapag-aralan,,:salute:

up ko lang.

1.Ilang years ang itatagal ng isang solar battery (deep cycle) let say 5-8hrs everyday use.

2. Ano ano ba ang kailangang i maintain after a year sa solar? Yung mga nasisira at pinapalitan? Battery lang ba eh yung solar panel gaano ba itatagal non?

3. Paano ko ba pipiliin yung tamang solar watts para sa 100ah battery for example? yung mas mataas na solar watts mas mabilis magkarga sa battery yun ba use niya?

4. May luma akong battery ng koste dito 2sm yta motolite enduro ano equivalent nito kapag sa (ah) kinompare? ewan ko kung tama ang tanong ko pasensya na. Sayang kasi yung battery ng kotse na pinagpapalitan namin balak ko din gamitin bago bumil ng deep cycle talaga.

Nasan na kaya si TS di nag rereply.

balak ko yung 4 DC bulb para di na bibili ng inverter, ilang solar panel ang bilhin sa cdrking at battery bilhin pls po..TIA

bka po wala power sakanila? xd

electrical engineering ka cguro ts noh? pwera nlang kung napulot mo yan sa ibang sites

View attachment 843307

Stiftung Solarenergie Philippines solar lamps waiting to be delivered to typhoon-struck areas in the central islands of the Philippines, where electricity has been down since Friday, Nov 8, 2013. (Facebook/Stiftung Solarenergie Philippines)

To light up the devastated areas, several organizations are helping send solar lamps and mobile chargers to the Philippines. Solar Energy Foundation Philippines is mobilizing a joint relief effort with on-the-ground rescue in the areas hit hardest by the typhoon, including Tacloban, Ormoc, Iloilo, Roxas City, and Busuanga. The organization is deploying solar lantern with mobile chargers to partners such as Red Cross and TaosPuso Foundation.

Anybody know wher could I buy this?

i saw something like these lights with solar panel sa cdr king but parang wala na! just these:

http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?mod=products&type=view&sid=12200&main=1

http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?mod=products&type=view&sid=15581&main=141

- - - Updated - - -

good eve sir. kung may budget po ako ng 20k para sa solar. gaano po ba katagal magagamit ang normal na electric fan or kulang pa ang 20k? lets say bibili ako ng gamit sa location mo sir.

pasensya na po. gumamit nalng ako ng ganitong example kasi d ko maintindihan ang mga electrical at mathematical part. ahah

See Tristan's answer! before anything you need to know the wattage of your appliance!

TS..very informative thread nyo ah! BM ko 2 then mapag-aralan,,:salute:

Thanks!

up ko lang.

1.Ilang years ang itatagal ng isang solar battery (deep cycle) let say 5-8hrs everyday use.

2. Ano ano ba ang kailangang i maintain after a year sa solar? Yung mga nasisira at pinapalitan? Battery lang ba eh yung solar panel gaano ba itatagal non?

3. Paano ko ba pipiliin yung tamang solar watts para sa 100ah battery for example? yung mas mataas na solar watts mas mabilis magkarga sa battery yun ba use niya?

4. May luma akong battery ng koste dito 2sm yta motolite enduro ano equivalent nito kapag sa (ah) kinompare? ewan ko kung tama ang tanong ko pasensya na. Sayang kasi yung battery ng kotse na pinagpapalitan namin balak ko din gamitin bago bumil ng deep cycle talaga.

Nasan na kaya si TS di nag rereply.

1- A deep cycle battery, if used every day but not discharge more than 50% of its capacity will last 7 years.
2- Normally, after one year, everything should still be ok. You just have to check the water in the battery once a month!
3- Tama ka! You can use a 50 watt solar panel to charge a 100 Ah battery (or 100 watts panel for 200 Ah bat)
4- Usually car battery are around 70 Ah but are not deep cycle... you can use it for solar purpose but for lights lang... and be aware that it might not last long! Maybe one year if you don't overcharge it!

balak ko yung 4 DC bulb para di na bibili ng inverter, ilang solar panel ang bilhin sa cdrking at battery bilhin pls po..TIA

Depende how many watts are your bulbs and how many hours you want to use them!

bka po wala power sakanila? xd

hehe... just internet problem after Yolanda!

electrical engineering ka cguro ts noh? pwera nlang kung napulot mo yan sa ibang sites

hehe... nope...I'm far to be electrical engineer... I just learn by myself! And I wrote my thread by myself din!

Last edited:

sa US makakabili ka ng Malalaking Solar panels.
Pero sa Pinas.. tsk tsk.. asa pa.. AALMA ANG MERALCO
hehehe.. Tnx for Sharing TS!!!!

pa bm muna ts.salamat

Back
Top Bottom